Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Why???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 01:08
Why are people so stupid? Just today I got suspended from school. And for what? Yelling at a teacher. That's only the short of the story. We had to read a book on the vietnam war and this stupid teacher started calling all of the people with any sort of asian background chinks. So naturally I got said out loud "how would you like to be called a hick", she said "what did you just call me?". Then the argument started.

Why do people have to be racist? It is just damn ignorant of people to be so shallow in thought that they are so much different or better than another person just by the skin color. Who cares what direction the taper of your eye is favoured in? what difference does skin color make? Prejudice and racism are the stupidist thing in history of human kind. How is it that we let racism, prejudice, and sexism survive? I myself am white (of Irish descent). I am proud of that, but that doesn't separate me from the public in any other such way. How is it that I am suspended while this moron of a teacher is still there? I don't no how bad racism is in the rest of the world but it is damn terrible here in the US. Just this week a man with features of an arabic was arrested in an airport for carrying a vile of a biological agent. Turns out, it was cologne (suprizingly the words Calvin Klein didn't give it away). And then there was the incident with the bank. Who had a computer program created in order to search their database for employies and customers with last or first names that had an arabic background and or meaning. These people were then either fired or refused service. Why do we have to call people black, or chuntie (hispanic), or rag heads (arabs). It is just damn stupid. People should be called by their nationality. I am American, many of you are British and French. But until they denote upon themselves the phrase flick (irish), or hick, or anything else, respect them as a human being. And even more, some damn pricks went and decided to descriminate against the French just because they don't support Bush's stupid war policy against Iraq. Why are you going to change the name of a food from French Fries, to Freedom Fries. That's like the Liberty Cabbage back in WWII instead of Saurkraut. Why are people racist? It serves no benefit to anybody. Personally, anybody that ever exhibits racists remarks in my presence, will get a nice new face alteration and they can feel the discrimination (considering the won't even look human any more).

In short...

I H A T E R A C I S M
If you want fresh underwear in the morning, take it off the night before.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 01:29
file a complaint mate, no teacher should be expressing a view like that.

Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 01:41
Yeah, get her fired first, then sue her for 7.5 mil for just messing with you like that. Its what I would do, get her fired for life, then make sure she doesnt have any spending money & see to it that she cant buy stuff, cant afford children, then make sure she has a horrible life for however long she lives. Of course, I am evil, but its just a suggestion, with what you can do, especialy if your Asian or part Asian, then file a complaint with the FBI for a hate crime, & let her go to jail for 7 years. Then, you will have had your revenge, if you want it. Also, if it were I, I would make sure she couldnt get a job for the next 35 years & make sure she cant file for bankrupsy.

Just a thought,

Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree.

This is bull****. This is why schools should have cameras in every class, or at least an audio recording device.

Yes. Sue. Or at least bring it to the princaple. Though, I'm lucky. I'm a grade A+ student, and have a great "relationship" with almost all the teachers and the princaples. If anything goes wrong, they are mostly on my side. Me lucky. See how being a nerd can always pay off?

~Morph
Owner of MultiCode.NET and Multi2k.NET.
Nothing is something, and something is then nothing. Life is an illusion.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 01:52
No mate, just file a complaint, taking something too far can backfire onto yourself.

everytime you are in her class she might show a little more consideration.

Racism is a taught process and for a teacher to teach it is a great tragedy for multicultural awareness and respect for other cultures.

one lesson for her, one lesson for you

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 02:00
i don't remember when i heard and irish guy call himself a flick... nor the last time someone admitted to being a hick and/or redneck.

personally i don't care what veiw people have ... its when they start forcing ME to believe that their veiw is the one too right veiw. That is when all hell will break loose.
they are refered to chinks in class not due to rascism, but that it was the generic term for these people - just as they were also known as Charlie.

its people like you who sit there and just piss'd at trival points that fires up the whole debate on racsim, and somehow i believe you've not been suspended for being rascist towards your teacher (unless you continued to call her that) but no doubt for another reason your not likely to denote here.

Sorry, but to me sounds like the outcry of support from someone just as predudise - they just don't want to admit it ... calling for political correctness within the classroom certainly DO NOT have my vote, we have to put up with that BS daily now - with the fear of being seued for sexual herassment or rascism whenever we go out...

unless of course you happen to be an minority which is being picked on by those who deserve this damn'd laws to be against them ... who suffers through all of this?

the minorities? ... no thats what lawyers are for
the pigs who are rasist and sexist? ... no because they know when to be all sweet an polite and act innocent

who gets it... those of us who don't give a shit about the affairs of other people and just wanna live our god damn'd lives free of all the BS that is being thrown about by everyone who have a whimpy frickin' problem!

you wanna truely stop rasism or bull like that... start by not causing trouble of this kinda and getting your mates to chill over such things. At high school your the most impressionable and if you have even one guy or girl there who's like "thats not cool man!" whenever someones rasist then you'll fry past all of this predudice crap.

terms are just terms ... she's not saying it to someones face or outside the classroom, it was the term used then.
and joke are just jokes, they're funny because of the stereotype - they're not funny because they're nessarily true.

perhaps ya'll should stop trying to crusade against all this crap and see what a detrimental effect your actually causing to it ... should be damn'd ashamed of yourselfs

it not a case of it shouldn't be an issue... its a case of its and issue because you have made it such. So drop it and leave it be.

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 02:14
Indi's right. I don't want to indefinitely screw this teacher over. I just am so angered by the fact that racism, and predjudice, and other forms of hate based on nonesense exist. I already have filed a complaint an have a meeting for next thursday.

Morph; as for me, I am not a straight A student. Sure as hell could be just never care enough to do the homework. Not many of my teacher like me. Only the smart teachers like me. Everyone else says do this, do that. I say "what;'s the point". I don't need to waist my time learning how to find the frictional force between two objects. I'd much rather go learn spatial relativity or time dilation. Anyway, I am a very unorhtodox student and grades don't matter to me. I'm counting on my AP scores to get me into college. It's what you learn that matters, not what's on a piece of paper.

Shadow; I sure hope I never get you pissed of at me, you sound like you'd slit my throat, eviscerate me, and the swing my jugular vein above your head . Just kidding.

Well, thanks. This helped to releave some of that stress.

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 02:33
Charlie and chink are completely different. Charlie came from Victor Charlie which was used in radio transmissions to prevent the confussion of letters. This in turn meant VC, which meant VietCong. Calling anyone chinks because of their asian features is like calling anyone with dark skinned features a negro.

"i don't remember when i heard and irish guy call himself a flick... nor the last time someone admitted to being a hick and/or redneck."
My point exaclty, why must people insult one anothers race/culture/ethnic background/religion in such a fashion. The stupid teacher wasn't trying to directly insult anybody but through here ignorance was just because there are no asians in the presences, doesn't justify it.

And Raven, what kind of effect would I have on anybody if I just sat back and let 80% of the damn class laugh there asses off at a ignorant person insulting a race.

I myself am white. I don't get much in the way of racist insults but many other people in my school do. They shouldn't have to live with this.

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 02:34
Oh yeah, and as I said, I didn't get suspended for insulting her. I got insulting for raising my voice and speaking up against authority.

Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
Ravin shares one of my views too. I do belive you did that, but then on my other side I also have a strong feeling you just want..attention.

This conversation would be inlighted if you..would describe how you are in school...

Are you one of those attention seekers?

~Morph
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 02:43
Attention seekers? I'm the loaner that sits in the back of the class away from everone else. I'm the guy in black that people fear will mow down the school with a 50 cal. I in no way desire attention. I am the nerd that sleeps during class because I'm too lazy to do anything else. I'm here.

Attention seeker. ha

I JUST SIMPLY HATE RACISM

Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
Same here. Though, I try to be a lil more active. I had..umm..problems ( ) in the past at school. People think I'm just angry all the time because I have no expression on my face... Or maybe its the "Don't you look at me unless you want this expersion on your face for the rest of your life"..

Oh well !

~Morph
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 02:58
Same here Morph. I, however, have no intention of changing. My closet life suits me just fine.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 02:58
well, teachers think they know everything...I wonder why eh?..

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 04:47
you actually got suspended for raising your voice? that is just sick man... i believe that the schools has to be democratized. how are we going to raise children into democratically thinking individuals if the school is a totalitary dictature with the principle at the top of the system?

Workers of all lands, Unite!
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 05:10
If the teach expresses racial view in public school, I would file a suit, and you would be rightly so for doing it.
A teacher that has racial view is o.k. if they keep them to themself, but as a mentor if their views are expressed in class then that adds unwarrented power to them.
I'm not saying anything about racial views oneway or another, but your personal views should be kept to yourself or expressed in like company. Racial striff comes out of people expressing the wrong view at the wrong time.

Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
If you come at this from another angle, you see that having teachers that teach this is good. Of course, only if you had better teachers in the pas. It teaches you what its like. Very handy in one way, but extremly punishing too.

~Morph
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 07:12
hmm... i've still not heard what happened here and i'm still not convinced it wasn't deserved.

Being a loner is one of the largest attention seekin' tricks in the book ... you position yourself away from everyone to make sure you are the most noticed by trying to stay unnoticed. It's so textbook even i know that one

personally... never been alone without choosing to be, i never got picked on, never stood up for anyone cept myself and my friends.

if you wanted to get through to your teacher without causing a scene you should've just said as you passed "they're the vietcongs... not chinks" just loud enough for her to hear and just kept moving.

They don't like it, but there ain't a damn'd thing they can do - and from then on they know that you're ashamed of thier behaviour.

for someone smart ... i'd say your not quite the sharpest crayon in the box

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 07:24
rofl:

"i believe that the schools has to be democratized. how are we going to raise children into democratically thinking individuals if the school is a totalitary dictature with the principle at the top of the system?"

Quote from "The Communist"
lol

Anyway, no one should be allowed to go around calling people "chinks" Everyone goes around my schooling calling asians: FOBS, (fresh of the boat). Although most of the are, literally, it's not fair to critisize them for it.

Oh, and you don't have to sue the poor teacher's ass off, just make sure the problem gets corrected.

Oh and Nostril: You may be right about what's on the paper doesn't matter, but that's not how the world see's it...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 07:45
lmao... i musta missed that Raps
no matter what you do you can't stop Rasist comments, and besides - if say a black guy came up to be and say "hey man, lay off the nigga shit", thats cool ... but if a white guy came upto me and said "hey man, lay off the nigga shit he's my friend"

that i'd have a problem with... i'm not saying that i'm gonna go around calling people niggers - because it is slightly disrespectful of people not from Nigeria, that said Nigerians are the EASIEST of the black nationailties to spot wandering around ... i'm not gonna say why cause i'll get in trouble.

that aside, Raps is right - whats on paper isn't what matter to those around you, but to someone who doesn't know you it means everything.
I don't know you, maybe a lovely guy ... however from a perminant record it mentions you were suspended for "improper conduct" (thats what they'll put on there for something like talking back, my brothers is as long as both my arms ) and your teachers describe you as a loner who wears black ...

what exactly do you think i'll think when i want to hire you?
first impression is that this is some kinda goth, that doesn't work well in a team and is known for not conducting himself in the proper mannor.

from that alone i would probably do waste paper dunk, probably off the far right computer

however if your work did happen to impress me, then i have you in for an interview - but i kinda get the impression here you like being all dark and whatnot ... that'd be your one chance to prove to me what is on your record isn't what counts - but that you have changed from this trouble maker into someone valued.

you're determined from a peice of paper, and how you address within the cover letter... background checks of that nature are valid in school to job circumstances, oftenly require 2 references

very fickle thing but you should behave atleast at school and work, you don't want to be known as "that guy"
go home and vent on your folks all you like, i'm sure they'll vent right back (and take away your bike keys )
but you should never cause a scene ... only make a point

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 09:07
Well I'm white and I'm ashamed of it. I hate racism. I would be a Goth, but I can get pretty hyper ( damn bi-polar disorder). I wear mostly dark clothes, but my personality is rather friendly. I look lazy or dumb, but I do my job well, and I got a high score on my ACTS. Looks are misleading, if I'm denied a job for how I look, then I don't want it. People who are predjust about anything are fools. Race, sex, relegion, these things should not be a desiding factor in anything (except maybe a tv or movie part).

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
A_M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 12:25
""i believe that the schools has to be democratized. how are we going to raise children into democratically thinking individuals if the school is a totalitary dictature with the principle at the top of the system?"
Quote from "The Communist"
lol "

Please, that has long since stopped being funny .
I'm pretty sure you ment no offence by it but still, I'm sick and tired of people thinking communism somehow excludes democracy, sometimes people even think communism=evil (you can tell American cold war propaganda has actually worked). The original true communism demands democracy (damn you Stalin and others for twisting it and adding an elitistic governing element). You're probably thinking it's no big deal but how would you like to be constantly (and based on lies and misconceptions) being accused of being and labeled as a threat to democracy?

Anyways, back on topic. I think that it is sickening that you could get suspended from school for speaking up for peoples rights not to be discriminated. I'm glad I live in Sweden were authority can stand some questioning and schools are at least partially (though not enough) democraticized.

/ Andreas Mattsson
The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 16:33
A_M, i totaly agree with you. everywhere i go, i meet so much prejudices about communism and socialism. people seems to think that real communism is the sovjet-one. sovjet wasn't a good system! it was a system of oppression and dictature! i believe in the REAL communism, the communism that Karl Marx wrote about, which is about freeing the human race from all oppression, and about democracy! one of the basic fundamentals of the socialist ideology is that democracy should not only apply to the political system but also to the economy and the companies! many people (especially you americans) seem to think that communism equals Stalin (that stupid son of a b**** who gave marxism and socialism a bad name), oppression, death camps in Sibiria and starvation. i've even heard people telling me that "communism is an anti-semitic ideology, marx was an anti-semit". this is just stupid, since both Marx and Engels were jews. i suggest everybody to read some marxist-literature, to see what it is really about. anyway, where are you standing politically A_M? sosse eller? =)

well well, back to the subject...
yes, swedish schools are pretty okay. atleast we can say what we want

A_M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 17:12
( Sorry for off topic here:
The Communist: Något till vänster om S skulle jag säga men ändå rätt osäker på V och kommunistpartierna. Hade jag varit ett år äldre vid förra valet hade jag nog röstat S, som det är nu har jag ingen aning faktiskt... Men socialist kan man nog säga att jag är iaf. )

/ Andreas Mattsson
The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 18:14
Bra bra. Jag är (v), men kallar mig ändå kommunist, trots att (v) inte längre är ett kommunistiskt parti. känner mig inte ett dugg lockad av KPML(r) osv, enbart frasradikalistiska sekter. då återstår ju bara (v). känner mig ganska hemma där ändå faktiskt. hoppas att Lars Ohly blir partiledare på kongressen 2004, han är både karismatisk och ligger närmare mina åsikter än Gudrun och de två vikarierande partiledarna

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 18:35
I personally think that communism and socialism are greatideas. But, unfortunately, they will never be able to work in the real world. People are too greedy and too selfish to be able to successfully produce a true communistic country. This may just be a warped perception on my end for reading Americanized history books, but the "communisms" (although I have a hunch that they were truely tolalitarian or utilitarian) that did exist, did in fact pose a threat to democracy. I am not saying that communism is bad, just that it could never work as long as prejudice, racism, or any other form of discrimination exists.

"the sharpest crayon in the box"
Since when were crayons sharp? Mine have always been rather dull or flat at the tip.

The Communist and A_M, what language is that in? I'm able to make out a few words like 'kommunist' and '2004'.

A_M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 19:01
Were speaking Swedish and discussing the different political parties here in Sweden - him supporting the Left Party (which by the way isn't a communistic party while indeed some of their supporters are) and me being uncertain about whether the Social Democrats or the Left Party ideologically fits me best.

Yes, governments of countries that have claimed they were communistic (note that I said "claimed", a lot of people including me, would argue that they weren't really) have posed a danger to democracy. But there is a huge difference between that and saying that communism itself is a threat to democracy.

/ Andreas Mattsson
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 19:20
Very much so agreed.

A_M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 19:25
Somewhat back on subject: You say you got suspended for "raising your voice and speaking up against authority"? Was that really their official reason? And if so, are they really allowed to suspend you for that? In Sweden I could report the school to Skolverket (National Agency for Education) if they did that...

A few more questions on authority and schools in the US:

Do you still have to speak to teachers in a formal way (calling them for example "Mr. Rogers")? (We call teachers by first name in Sweden, actually that also usually applies to bosses and so forth, I think the only one you really are expected to speak to in a formal way would be the King)

Is there any student influence in schools in the US? Such as in Sweden were Schools according to law are required to let students have some influence to their education (as Skolverket puts it: "/../This influence can be both formal, by way of different councils etc., or informal, through opportunities to discussion and influencing work methods and the content of lessons./../")

Somewhat unrelated: The pledge of allegiance, do people say it every morning? Is it compulsory?

/ Andreas Mattsson
The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 19:37
large_nostril, i do not believe that people are greedy by nature. the human race is a social race. i believe that we by nature care about the "herd", and not only care about ourselves. after all, we live in a society. i think that we are greedy because of the world we grow up in. also, there is no need for a socialist/communist society yet, at least not in the west, since capitalism haven't reached the state where a revolution is unavoidable.

and oh, as A_M said, it was in swedish. i support the Left Party simply because they are the only socialistic party that has a real chance of chaning anything. the rest of the socialist/communist-parties in sweden are mostly "sect"-like, really small ones, with no real power at all. i mentioned KMPL(r), short for - beware - Communistic Party Marxist-Leninists (revolutionaries)... LOL, that is one hell of a long name =)

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 20:20
"Somewhat unrelated: The pledge of allegiance, do people say it every morning? Is it compulsory?"
Used to be, now we have to do it in the afternoon so that the people late to school are there to do it as well. It gets really monotonous. We are required to stand for it everyday. My friend got a referal for refusing to say "God". He is Jewish and as he tells me, Jews don't believe that the word "God" should ever be spoken or written.

What went onto the referal that I got said that I "in defiance" of the teacher and that I should be suspended for "waisting valueable class time". Just because she said "Sit down and shut up" and I said, "Are you afraid of the truth that you're racist." and I continued to stand until the security guard came to get me.

And yes, they are allowed to suspend people for these rediculous reasons.

And no, we have no say in what happens in our school. We (each class) are given specific areas that we can hang around at during lunch. That measn I never see my frineds at lunch. If you get to school early, you have to go sit in the library. People get arrested for any kind of protesting. Just two or three weeks ago, 350 people were arrested from my school for protesting the schools decision to take away our clubs and extra curicular activities. Colleges look lower upon students who do not have clubs and extra curicular activities on there transcripts. Thus, the school was diminishing our chances of success in life.

Communist; I think that people are greedy by nature. When people are just mere children, they don't like to share. And if society has that profound of an affect on them by that age, then there is something severely wrong. Most people that I know will want to get something just because somebody else has it and they want to be better. At least in America, there is far too much greed.

That is a very long name indeed.

The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 21:16
man, your school-system really sucks.

i'd like to continue to discuss if man is born greedy or not, should i start a new thread or continue here?

A_M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 21:23
Yeah large_nostril, you make me almost ashamed to complain about school here, it sounds almost like heaven compared to that.

Greedy or not by nature isn't a big issue to me. I mean, most people would agree greed generally is a bad thing so to me saying that greed is a part of human nature (although it may to a certain extent be true) is mostly a lame excuse for not working towards a less greedy society.

/ Andreas Mattsson
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 21:29
The Communist; my pleasure. Go right ahead and debate whether man kind is greedy or not by nature. Use this thread, it kinda fits.

The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 22:03
okay... i'll go into some philosophical aspects of this =)

since human is a socialising animal, we need people around us. it is not possible to live a life and never meet anybody, you will get nuts. ofcourse, we want our friends etc, to feel good, we don't want them to suffer, right? it wouldn't feel that nice seeing your surroundment suffer. so ofcourse, we care about other people. for our own sake. you take care of what you need. so if i am greedy/egoistic by nature, then still i would care about the rest of my society, since i live in it and need it.

an example of this:
why do people have pets? because pets are friends. you buy a dog because you want company. am i right?

you feed this dog. you give it alot of love. you want your dog to be nice and healthy, right? so you give from yourself, both in money and in effort. you cannot be greedy then! i you would have been greedy, you wouldn't have a dog! after all, they just cost you money and a whole lot of work. but still. the dog is your friend, thats why you have it.

it's exactly the same thing with kids. why would people have kids if they only cared about themselves?

----

please excuse my bad english and supid explanations, i slept three hours tonight =)

The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 22:11
A_M, i agree. saying that greed is a part of human nature is just a lame excuse =)

The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 22:12
BTW nostril, your sig is really funny... didn't notice it before...

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 22:13
True, but is this not an extendtion to greed. We buy a dog so that we can be happy. We respect and comfurt the dog so that it will in turn respect and comfurt us. Man kind as a whole, acts in their own best interest. If using money or your time on anything does suit to benefit oneself, they usually won't bother with the effort. If oneself does not personally benefit or profit from an event, they generally won't engage. We wouldn't get the dog if it ran around the neighborhood all day and you never saw it except at night.

See, this is the kind of debate I like.

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 22:15
I am not using human kinds greediness as an excuse. I am just saying that communism/socialism does not have much chance as long as this problem persists. I personally think we should promote communism to abolish but greed but I fear that greed will get the better of it.

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 22:16
Thanks for noticing my sig.

Teh Missingz0rs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 22:16
Who was it who said "Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but they should not enforce it upon others"? Whoever it was, they were right, But people seldom listen to this sort of thing. I remember a while ago, someone was talking to me about peole who are stupid because they don't believe in a god. I replied to them that I, in fact, did not believe in god. His reply? "Well, you'll go to hell then". I pointed out that if there is no god, there is no hell. His response: "Whatever. You are just too stupid and self-important to admit that there is a god". If everyone had this sort of attitude, we would be in an iron grip of facism. As I said before, People are entitled to their opinions, but opinions and insults are seperate. We have to try to keep it that way.

Code of the day:
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 22:19
A lot of people used to (and still do) have kids just to carry on the family name. Greed, is it not?

Teh Missingz0rs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 22:20
Did I say fascism? Anarchy would fit better.

Code of the day:
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 22:22
Anarchy and Fascism are both terrible in my opinion.

A_M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 22:54
Actually I think you got it right the first time VampireEngo, a capitalist society were people can freely use whatever power they hold could if the mentality of which you speak was too widely spread result in a dictatorial government with repression of all opposition. That is exactly the definition of fascism. The term anarchy in my opinion does not fit too well in this case.

I do not think everything we do is done out of greed and only for our own good. Part of being human is after all our capacity for compassion which I believe in many cases can be unconditional.

/ Andreas Mattsson
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 23:02
I in part agree, but we must remember the context of this discussion. That is of communism, socialism, and human nature. If humans were placed into an environment in which they had they were placed equal to everyone else, would it work. I believe not. You most likely consider yourself to be intelluctual superior to many other (from this conversation I'd say you both are). How would your react to having the same possessions as the stupidest person on the face of the earth.

astranominoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 23:08
I feel that too much of our attention in life is directed towards topics like this. Life is ment to be more enjoyed then .. you get the point.
A_M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 23:08
My reaction as long as everyone else hase the same possessions: Good, it's probably not his fault he is stupid.

/ Andreas Mattsson
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 23:12
All governmental and socialigical supports are valid in certain ways.

Also... Communinism is a Greater Good government, with a share the wealth - everyone who works, gets a share of the contries wealth.

where as a Democracy is primarily about Capitalism and Self gains ... you can't really get two further points of veiw on governmental politics i'm afriad.

a Democratic Communism, would really be a contradiction in terms - the point in a Democratical system is to give everyone equal opertunity to achieve the same goals as everyone else ... the point in a Communism system is to make sure everyone is treated identically.

This may sound like the same sort of system from a description, but there is a big leap between equal opertunity and identical treatment!

For example, a Race is Democratic in its very nature - because everyone has an equal opertunity to win it ... a communist race would be that everyone wins and gets a share of the prize just for taking part.

do you understand any better now?
Anarchy is the very apitimy of the Rule of Nature, the Strong Survive and the Weak perish. It ensures only the strongest of the people with true grit and determination ever full achieve anything ... because the weak are prayed apon. Might seem like and evil system, but i'd much prefer living around 20 people who are not complete idiots and are willing to do whatever it takes to survive, then 1,000 people who whing and moan about every little thing and need there hand held because they don't know their place in society.

Fascism is another good government, if you look at it - it is simply the extension of the military mindset ... anyone who goes against the set normal is against the government.
That is exactly how it is in military service - you break the rules its a court-marshall. Sometimes you get to stay in, sometimes your kicked out, sometimes your killed, depending on the crime.

There are upsides to every government type - and i'd say not to judge each of them by the men who have outwieghed the Con's against the Pro's by abusing a system for thier own gains and personal vendetta's

i know thats not a very popular veiw, because everyone would like someone to hate ... but quite frankly if you hate everyone of that nature because that is what you believe of something then you are no different to that teacher who is Rascist.
Hate is still hate, doesn't matter who has it - you really want to make this world a better place start learning not to hate on a predudice!

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 23:12
Well then A_M, you take the position that I could never.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 06:38:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 06:38:01