Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Shark Basic 0.1 - testing version

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 02:37 Edited at: 17th Jan 2006 02:44
i've been inspired.. tonight,I will begin Algae Basic,does everything Gupy Basic does that Shark Basic Does that DarkBasic Does that Basic Does.

Algae Basic pre-0.0.0.post-1.pre-a

- Do it, Do it Right, Do it right now..
Tapewormz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 02:39
Quote: "This is really unfair guys ..."

Quote: "Guppy Software sincerely extends a hug to Dodic"

I said sincerely...

Tapewormz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 02:48
Quote: "Guppy Software sincerely extends a hug to Dodic"

We said sincerely, we ment it!

x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 02:49 Edited at: 17th Jan 2006 02:49
and he means it too..

"we dont eat"

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 02:53 Edited at: 17th Jan 2006 02:58
M O D E R A T O R S , P L E A S E ,[img] this thread

With Racer generator you will be easily able to put track , checpoints , cars , set up preferences , Set up world with ease..
Tapewormz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 02:55
Guppy Basic will support Algae Basic in the form of the Plankton Plugin DLL.

x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 03:04 Edited at: 17th Jan 2006 03:06
Algae Basic would like to take this moment to extend its sincerest gratitude to Guppy Basic and in turn release its cutting edge pre-0.0.0.post-1.pre-a source code (extracted from the Shark Basic database by our elite algae hackers)

(Now with Plankton Plugin DLL)

"we dont eat"

Tapewormz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 03:08 Edited at: 17th Jan 2006 07:06
Guppy Software has reverse engineered Shark Basic... We're releasing the source...Don't tell anyone!

*NEW* Guppy Basic 0.2a ©1826BC-2006AD The Redundant and most useless way to program. Just like Shark Basic!

Here at Guppy HQ our motto is "we eat Sharks for breakfast!"

Support Guppy! Buy our energy bars and drinks. Wear our stuff! Coming soon, Guppy t-shirts and thongs!

Support Algea Basic now with Plankton Plugin DLL!

x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
And to that,Algae Basic will inject the aforementioned hacked "Shark Basic" cutting edge code to complete the aforementioned,aforementioned reverse engineerd Shark Basic source.

(Now with Plankton Plugin DLL)

"we dont eat"

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 03:12 Edited at: 17th Jan 2006 03:45
Quote: "Shark Basic database"

Shark Basic`s database is protected by creating it`s own algebra (automatically made by program i used to make it..)

But , when you WON`T stop joking , i`l join joking.

Remember that Guppy worker of the month? well.... while he was very concetrated on producing Guppy basic , so much that he didnt notice...

and Shark attacked him , and Damaged skin on his head VERY much , but Shark wasn`t able to kill him due to Guppy`s great security that shooted Shark , so Shark Escaped wounded...

But as i said , employee had permanent skin damage , and after a couple of months when he was a bit recovered from the attack...

This is how he looks now :
(CLOSE UP...)

and due to bad succes of Guppy basic , he doesn`t have money to pay the skin surgery...

EDIT : YEAH I FORGOT , AS YOU CLEARLY SEE , SOME GREEN LIQUIT STUFF WAS FOUND ON HIS FACE INSTEAD OF BLOOD , WHAT THAT MEANS ... WHO KNOWS..?

With Racer generator you will be easily able to put track , checpoints , cars , set up preferences , Set up world with ease..
Tapewormz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 03:28 Edited at: 17th Jan 2006 03:34
IN MEMORY OF GUNTHER JR

Gunther JR, who has died aged 63 after weeks in intensive care following a vicious shark attack, was the primary theoretical innovator in Guppy Basic Z GT (WHO edition).

He is survived by his two amoeba and his ever faithful painted turtle.

At his request, Guppy Software have cryogenically frozen Gunthers remains. Warehoused in the same top secret hanger as Walt Disney and the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini. Our prayers are with Gunther in the hopes that one day there will be a shark bite cure. When that day comes, we will thaw Gunther and heal him, unless the world is over run by italians or little mutant children in which case he's requested that he be left frozen.

Gunther JR R.I.P 1941-2006

PS. Gunther lied about his age...He was really 65, but the government don't need to know that if you know what I mean... *WINK*

x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 03:33 Edited at: 17th Jan 2006 03:35
Quote: "unless the world is over run by itallians or little mutant children"

what about Little Mutant Serbian Children.. in which case,dodic has already began the invasion.

Soon the world will be dominated by poor dbp code and english.

It would seem Gunther may be ok as he was only attached...
Quote: "and Shark attached him"

doctors just havent figured out what he was attached to.. I mean... how lethal can a shark attach be?

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 03:42
Sharks formed a top secret military base where they develop Shark Basic , and Shark Interntet Hackers are working 24/4 on hacking into Guppy computers , For now they only got a bit of data about it , but they`r supperior Shark Technology gives them opportunity to Hack Into Guppy computers more then any other computer sistem that has ever been made by humain hand.. Shark also know that Guppy in fact is Partially Stolen From Shark Basic , and they are trying to collect proof for that...

As everything else , Sharks Develop new teeth creems that gives them 50 times better bite! , And also developing top secret remotly Shark Controlled vehicles , and weapons preparing to attack Guppy base , becouse now they know where it is becouse of a brave Shark That bited JR guppy worker , but never returned...how sad...

So if you are any way related to GUPPY , better watch out , becouse

IceBryce
Years of Service
User Offline
Due to recent events in the company here at Guppy basic we have had to let Microsoft take over the project as they have show alot of interest in the project since the improvements to sharkbasic engine. Later today we will have an official report of the status company and assets.

-=Ice Out=-
seldom
Years of Service
User Offline
Good evening everyone, my name is Seldom, I am the new CTO of Guppy Software. Unfortunatly Tapewormz will not be available for comments for some time, he has been given leave to mourn the passing of his greatest friend Gunther Jr. Who recently was the victim of a horrible accident involving a Shark if I am not mistaken.

Please direct all inquiries pertaining to Guppy Basic to myself at this time.

Thank You.

-Seldom

Chief Technical Officer (CTO) - Guppy Software ©2006
*NEW* Guppy Basic 0.5z ©1826BC-2006AD The Redundant and most useless way to program. Just like Shark Basic!
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 04:00
And to prove what i just said about Sharks , i`l give you some visualisation...

Picture of a Shark Scientist developing newest Shark missle navigation device :

and One of our Scout Sharks Looking At Goopy island 24/7 :

Also Sharks Have overtaken Most Ship`s , taked them to Shark Base , and added Shark Weapons to them and prepared them for attack...

Here`s a picture of Shark`s Taking A Ship To Their base... :

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 05:05
We will miss Gunther Jr.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 05:22
you`r pic is nice , but my point here is to use cartoon like sharks , couldn`t you see that by now ?

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 05:45
Wha? Cartoon sharks can't kill people!

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 06:01
Well , Shark Basic sharks is different storry , so in this case YES THEY CAN...

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 06:06
coming only has one m you moron

Why make sense when you could make brownies?
Mach10
Years of Service
User Offline
You know, if I stare hard enough at any of Dodic's retaliatory posts, I can ACTUALLY hear the crickets in the background.

To paraphrase the uber-god of all that is internet, enter the mind of Spanky Ham: "This is so stupid... It's like it was written by a retarded 3rd grader"

The real tragedy is that it too what, 5 pages for him to realize the joke was on him... "Is this thing on?!?" indeed....

Guppy Development Team Member: Department of Redundancy Department
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 05:26
hm , i somehow think that`s sort of pointed on me ???

p.s. my English is so bad that i can`t understand what you have said..

If i could change the world , i could see the sunlight in the universe...i could see.....if i could chaeaeaenge the world ..
DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 06:51
ok the whole point of the joke seems you should seriously just give up on shark basic. You will never create a good working basic language in a basic language. First you would need a compiler, a compiler that will write the exe files which will take alot for the few commands you have already.

That is just a fraction of what you need. You need Syntax, Errors, Debugger, Editor, and about 30,000 other things.

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 07:50
I know what i need , but i`m NOT going to leave on Shark Basic untill i`m done and that`s final .

You have read , or opened my posts
times !
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Aat least Dodic got this far. He actually got all the dlls, made a runtime, and got pretty far...even though I doubt he will finish.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia-Fear of long words
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 13:38 Edited at: 18th Jan 2006 13:39
Wanna bet ? (that means , sure it wont be finished...-just kidding , i`l try to finish it if i can)

my posts have been read or opened
times !
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 22:43
Ok finish it but dont spam this forum
you have just about 20 threads on the first pages on each
category a normal spammer has about 4 threads

My suggestion: Take your rattle and your nappy and relax

[/center]
Computer Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 23:34
*Sigh

This is the thing you guys flame alot of threads over silliness. The guy can't speak proper english why? He lives in a different country. I'm be assertive the thing is no one will use a form of basic in basic. But it's done mostly in assembler and it's free. This thread is like sharkbait to you sharks. Please don't take offense to what I just wrote hopefully you won't. If you flame me I won't care I have friends and people that like me. Some petty comments don't hurt my feelings.

Everyone's a noob at one time but some people are noob's forever they are called: spammers.
Game Developer will be out when pigs can fly and before you take that the wrong way look at my avatar.
DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2006 00:07
lemme ask, what is the latest release out right now?

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2006 00:27
Still 0.9

you`l SEE when v1.0 come`s out...

i`m still working on syntax , trying to figure out some good language mixing sistem to get as best "Shark Basic" as i can.

Be it silly , be it stupid , i will STILL work on it , becouse i like it , i like Shark Basic ,not becouse it`s "good" or "powerfull" or "not buggy" and other stuff , then becouse i was happy when i finished the first working release of Shark Basic , and i said to my self (not what a wonderfull world..) i hafe to finish this ....and if nothing else i "listen" to my self.

And really 2/3 of guys here have problem with guys who don`t know how to spell , why is that so ? Why is wrong for me to not know to spell English ? I only learned english for FEW Months , what do you expect ? MOST OF YOU IS/DID LEARNED ANOTHER LANGUAG/LANGUAGES and offcourse after few months it`s hard that they knew to spell every word correctly now isn`t it ?

And i learn 3 languages and English....English is the newest one..

And it`s not good for making friends , when you don`t like them becouse they don`t know how to spell.....

I could write 10hours about this , becouse this is really NOT nice...
but i won`t becouse on the other hand why do i hafe to explain my self ???

AND AGAIN THIS FORUMS ARE FOR TGC RELATED PRODUCTS CODE ASSISTANCE , 3D MODELING AND SUCH STUFF... AND NOT FOR WRITING ABOUT WHO KNOWS ENGLISH , WHO DOESN`T

times !
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2006 12:23
Dodic -
I respect that you want to work on Sharkbasic. But, I'd like to steer you in a better direction. Nobody will use Sharkbasic, except to test it. This is not because it's not well made, or that you didn't put tons of time into it, it's because it won't do what similar programs do. I'd make games. Games are the absolute strength of DB and DBP, and people will play your games. If they're good, people will play them forever. That, my friend, is a good feeling.

As for your english, I respect the fact that you know more than one language. Most english speakers don't. And, you have a decent grasp on it. However, it's not really that. You're posting lots of annoying and retalitory posts on these forums that tick people off. When you tick people off, they'll point out everything wrong with your posts. Just chill out. No more contests, no more "free offers". If you're cool, people will treat you the same.

Dodic, just be cool, and make games. People won't hunt you out for your english, they'll hunt you out for your personality. I wouldn't go onto a Japanese board, talking crap in broken Japanese. I'd get eaten alive, and I wouldn't even know it.

The Wilderbeast
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2006 19:35
how do u do that thing with da signs that tells u what u're i.s.p is and host an OS and IE. I don't know if the I.P is right but i know the I.S.P is right

OMG It's the Wilderbeast
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2006 22:34
Cash Curtis II hit the nail on the head, Dodic. That's pretty much how everybody feels.

To me it's pointless for you to write your own language when you can use Darkbasic and get everything you have an then some. Now if you should make things that Darkbasic doesn't have... that's different.

Of course for you to properly make a language that is based in Basic... the best thing for you to do is learn all about Basic... THEN make SharkBasic.

@ The Wilderbeast

It is right and it can be found at:
http://www.danasoft.com/

Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2006 23:25 Edited at: 19th Jan 2006 23:26
I'm afraid I don't visit the DBC forums much but I found this thread accidentally by searching for Quikly software in Google. I'd just like to note for TapeWormz and anyone else who is wondering, Quikly 3d Games Studio Pro and all the aps within it are not a programming language, they are drag and drop style game creation ehich support scripting.

Creating a games creator in dbc or dbp is completely within the tos, and in the 4+ years that Quikly products have been in development I've had nothing but support from Lee and Mike and Rich has even featured the programs in the Newsletters. Games creators made in db are 100% ok by them

As for creating a programming language in dbc/dbp, thats also ok by them so long as it doesn't compile. If the program has to be ran by a dbpro .exe rather than compiling to a new exe thats fine, althuogh many would argue that it isn't really a programming language, more a scripting language with a program that runs them.

Hope that clears things up Cheers, Sam

Preorder EA here:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=67575&b=8&p=0
+ Model Pro out now in Program Announcements!
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
er... Kangaroo... what the hell does that have to do with any of this ?!

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Um...Quikly has nothing to do with this thread

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia-Fear of long words
Milkman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 01:56
this thread should be locked up tighter than Hannibal Lecter and never veiwed by human eyes again

just kidding, but seriously mods, lock this!

"Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration"
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 02:40
Why ?

I asked the same with a biig picture that says "LOCK" when tapewormz started to make jokes , and if they didn`t want to lock it then , why to lock it now when it`s over ???

times !
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 02:44 Edited at: 20th Jan 2006 02:51
If I were a mod, I don't think I'd have locked it either. Maybe it's a weird kind of experiment, to see how it will all turn out.

Anyway, read Grog's and my post above, Dodic ^^^^

@Grog Grueslayer - you haven't ever bumped into a Walker Creel in UO in the Pacific shard, have you?

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 03:01
Don`t worry Cash Curtis II , i`m starting with games very soon .

But i still think i`l be working on this becouse i like it best , and i don`t have a good 3d game idea for "begginers".

I was thinking something like PEPSI-MAN (an old pepsi`s game for ps1)
But , i saw , ufo already made bomb roller witch is very similiar...

Only difference is that in pepsi man , you walk on the streats (run..) you can slide , you can jump. And you avoid cars , all sorts of stuff...

But that`s very difficult when i think about it a bit better...

Anyways by the february i`l 99% sure start with games.

times !
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 03:03
Don't worry about games that have already been made. You need to make a simple game. Just remake something - Pong is common. You could do Tetris, Space Invaders, anything. It will teach you how to use 3D and program. Then you can start making good games.

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 03:12
Thank`s , you are right .

times !
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 03:20
Quote: "@Grog Grueslayer - you haven't ever bumped into a Walker Creel in UO in the Pacific shard, have you?"

Unfortunately it's hard to remember everybody I met in my 5 years of playing UO (and it's been several years since). I never changed my clothes and always wore the same thing all those years (well for the first few months I didn't).

The attached picture is me (in my Green outfit and green hair) in my shop (Grogs Rune Shop on the Ice Isle). It was taken long ago ( `99 ).

If we ran into each other you may have bought a runebook from me.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
!!!
Years of Service
User Offline
theres alot o tutorials, and you can post your own right here .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 12:28:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 12:28:21