Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / My bro is back!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 00:30
Hi guys. My brother is staying in france for 2 months and he plays the guitar so I was wondering if any1 would like to hear what he can do .
Request a song from a popular band(Sum 41, Blink 182, etc..) and I'll record him playing it and put it online.
xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Chiwawa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 02:57 Edited at: 19th Mar 2003 03:12
if he can ... it can be fun to hear him playing:
Ac/Dc-you shook me all night long
Ac/Dc-beating around the bush
Chuck Berry-Jonny Be Good
Iron Maden-hallow be thy name
Deep Purple-Burn

if he wont...or he cant..then just play one of them:
Ac/Dc-get it hot
Ac/Dc-flying things
Ac/Dc-down payment blues
Ac/Dc-if you want blood
Ac/Dc-dirty deeds done dirt cheap
Ac/Dc-its a long way to the top
Ac/Dc-come and get it
Ac/Dc-riff raff
Ac/Dc-given a dog a bone
Ac/Dc-whole litta rosi
Ac/Dc-stiff upper lip

they have all interesting guitar...
there is many other....

lol ... he can play it all if he want.. i will be happy
AC/DC RULE THE WORLD!!!
Speedhorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 03:07
Whoa, you missed "Highway to Hell" - now that's a classic AC/DC song.

Get him to play some songs with outstanding riffs, ie:

Paranoid - Black Sabbath
I'm Broken - Pantera
Communication Breakdown - Led Zeppelin

oh, and if he could play Sweet Child O'Mine that would be amazing (solo too )

Ralph, Jesus didn't have wheels.
Chiwawa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 03:13
or ..the solo guitar from Angus Young.... hmm wait that i remember.. in wich tune... i dont know if its in a tune..or... i dont remember..
Chiwawa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 03:23
no i KNOW THE TUNE HE SHOULD play!!!

Theme Songs - Sesame Street - Rubber Duckie

ah ah ah
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 07:55
Oh God, I hate AC/DC!!!

Sesame Street kickes asses, get him to play the song "Wet Paint"!!!

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 10:54
No no ... Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chilli's or Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

or there's that classic Eric Clapton one, but the name escapes me right now

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 12:36
arrow:
"I'd like to live on the moon" by kermit the frog is the saddest song I've ever heard *sob* And "I love trash" is a real testament to the grouch's genius...

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 13:42
WTF is AC/DC???

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 13:43
any Blink 182 songs you want him to do? he knows all of em

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Elric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 15:27
anything by celtic frost - the gods of swiss avante garde death metal

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
Speedhorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 15:48 Edited at: 19th Mar 2003 15:58
You don't know who AC/DC are? They're a classic heavy metal band.

I hate all the new pop-punk crap, like Sum 41, Blink 182 and Good Charlotte, i swear if Sid Vicious was around today he wouldn't be a happy bunny.
That is not meant to say i don't respect people who can play their songs, it's just not my cup of tea.

Another one to the list - Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne, plus the Randy Rhaodes solo, which is brilliant.

Ralph, Jesus didn't have wheels.
Chiwawa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 18:38
yeah ...ac/dc,deep purple,megadeath,chuck berry,jimmy hendrix,The Edgar Winter Group (winter brother),led zeplin,iron butterfly....are fucking good group...

now with all the pop ... punk and commercial music.. its the look of the singer ...more than the music that they sell...lol.. if you look at ac/dc i dont think anobody could go at their show ...to see them lol.. they r really ugly not that much but...like Britney spear..does someone would listen her if she was fat.... i dont think so..
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 00:28
actually, my bro likes Sum 41, Blink 182 and Good Charlotte

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 00:37
evil evil evil music... only country music isn't toxic...

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 00:58
(^_^) some good Black Sabboth thats what we need hehee.
i like Sum41 and Blink 182 - but you really have to be inthe mood for them.

hey anyone heard the new 'Meteor' from Linkin Park? damn, i want that album ... and i wanted it YESTERDAY
and country music is really boring and depressing, i don't know how people can listen to it ... what you need Mouse is some good ol' Folk Music

i heard some crackers when i was in ireland recently - they still are making me smile remembering the lyrics hahaa

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 02:42 Edited at: 20th Mar 2003 02:44
I love Black Sabbath and ACDC but I also like Blink 182 and Sum41 I don't think they are mutually exclusive - What I really can't stand is actual Pop Cheese music, esp. Boy bands grrrr

*Edit* Reanimation was Cheap but I'm looking forward to Meteor too, Linkin Park are a pretty proimising new band

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Chiwawa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 03:47
yeah but... do you like much the guitar from AC/DC or from any pop/punk group...

on guitard ... these group CANT be DOMINATED!(by these group i mean group like AC/DC...jimmy hendrix...deep purple..)
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 14:03
Hendrix was the best guitarist ever, thats undesputed

samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 19:18
Reanimations videos were done by a mate of mine ... pitty they only actually ended up showing one cause they were bloody amazing.

i didn't like Reanimation nor 2nd Wave (don't think that made it out of the states, but was a more of a Hardhouse Remix album) - i mean they're good, but they shouldn't have been sold as complete albums on thier own. But the new stuff is quality - but still the same style can't wait.

don't like hendrix, he was always bleck! to me ... but thats probably cause form a young age i remember being told all about him by my dad who thought he was good - and i heard his stuff and its like, i suppose its good ... but most of the time were guitar rifts that sounded like cats in pain. Didn't much like the man for the guy he was either - he was extremely racist i never liked that either. know you should judge people based on thier opinions and everything, and usually i wouldn't but i dunno i think that probably contributed to my major dislike of him.

always prefer'd Eric Clapton as a guitar guy

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 19:44
hehe Yngwie Malmsteen now that's a good guitarist...But Clapton's also good.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 20:18
Quote: " evil evil evil music... only country music isn't toxic... "

AGGGHHH NO!!!! Country music is the anti-crist!!!!

I hate AC/DC, but I like some of that other struff from that era. I dig techno, but only the good stuff, Blue Sun, Sandstorm, and the like. Industrial, that's the good stuff. KMFDM, Fear Factorty, Stabbing Westward, and Rammstien, oh yeah. If you can find the right band Goth is great, like Type O- Negative. I hate those pop band, all about looks, they all use the same music and lip sinc it. The only 'pop' I like is Aqua, if you ever saw them you wouldn't believe they sound like that. I also like the old stuff, and by that I mean classical and opera.

Chiwawa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 20:34
lol arrow..i dont even know 1 of the group you said..
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 20:46
Not even Rammstein????????????? You never heard Du Hast????

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 20:51 Edited at: 20th Mar 2003 20:51
Arrow so you must be into Skinny Puppy,Frontline Asssembly,Boris Mikulic,Ministry,Front 2-4-2 or even King Missile

-You never heard Du Hast????

God this was even on Radio.And a long time.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 20:52
I try but it's hard to find them, at least where I live.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 22:20
Arrow - "You never heard Du Hast????"

arrow... i think almost everyone has heard it now, the most popular track they've ever done. i mean it was even in the Matrix
most people aren't aware that its what, 12years old now lol

hey anyone heard that TATU are representing Russia in the eurovision ... now what chance does our entry from liverpool stand?? and the song they're singing is one of the better ones from the 2nd album too.

ho hum we'll win it next time eh ... anyone remember that old scottish series about air stewards - the last episode of the series they tried to get into the eurovision with the song, 'Piff-Paff-Poff' hehee god i miss that stupid series. miss Rab C Nesbit too though.

OH OH OH they're showing Time Gentleman Please on Paramount .. god i love that Sky bought them out - so many cross platform shows hehee

Chiwawa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 23:08
ok ... but hey Petra... you brother will play a AC/DC song? ...lets go.....
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 23:28
TATU - Ohhh man did you hear about what their manager does back in Russia? That guy is a sick sick puppy that needs to be put down Weirdly enough its all legal in Russia I believe

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 23:56
FearFactory, Rammstein, Static-X, original Metallica (Kill 'Em All, ...And Justice For All, Garbage Inc.), The Hypocrites, Kittie, Otep, Kidney Thieves, Mudvayne, Cradle of Filth, Frontline Asssembly, Ministry, AFI ...

Just don't do Green Day, cause if you do...(*shakes fist in anger*)

If you want fresh underwear in the morning, take it off the night before.
Oraculaca
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 00:00
Hey Raven ,did you guys get 'Chewin the fat' south of the border? That was sooooooooooooooooo funny

Not-Mr-Thumpy wrinkled his nose, it was suddenly hard to concentrate
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 00:41
Quote: "
TATU - Ohhh man did you hear about what their manager does back in Russia? That guy is a sick sick puppy that needs to be put down Weirdly enough its all legal in Russia I believe
"

Don't know if it's legal in Russia and I don't know how much of the rumors are true (there's always envy and jealousy involved).
However the song "all the things she said" is very well produced. Trevor Horn surprises me again and again. I mean the composition itself is quite weak but the track's got an interesting structure and the arrangement is filled with some really cool ideas.
The rest is marketing. Lolita look sells, scandal sells, sex sells...

Ogres have layers.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 00:47
depends what your talking about Sam... i've heard alot of things, but not much about thier manager. They're pulling a publicity stunt sometime soon to get married in Amsterdam or something - its all fucked up if you ask me, but they're music is actually pretty good which is the annoying part of it all.

Chewin' the Fat sounds familiar ... but i'm not sure, i've not really been big on the terrestrial channels for a few years now - i mean SkyOne, Paramount, CNX & SciFi is about all i watch when i'm back here really
most of the time when someones not watching anything you'll have tv on in the bg with News24 - but i do that at home too cause i like having it on for when i make a tea or something, just checkout whats going on.

Hey GREENDAY they're all a**holes aparently... but some great tracks hehee

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 01:52
Whats wrong with Greenday?! Umm well what I meant was whats wrong with Dookie and Nimrod... didn't like much after or b4 that

Oh and Petrat, if you are still reading this, can your bro sing too? If so I'd like to hear his version of "What went wrong" (Blink) "No Regrets" (Greenday) or "Polly" (Nirvana)

Re: TATU Manager - There were some paper interviews here where he admitted to having sex with severely underage girls (12 years old!) with the premise of making them rich popstars - and we all know how poor the majority of Russians are, and how sex is traded freely for employment anyways - couple this with the fact that sex is legal from 12 and above and the guys laughing. I WOULD have put it down to hype, press exageration etc. but some of the direct quotes he made backed up their claims, and surely a guy with that kinda money would sue if they said something like that without just cause?

I Totally understand the Lolita thing, and the appeal of young (within reason) girls in school uniforms kissing in a video has got to be successful, but direct comments he made to the British press such as "Everyone has their sexual preferance, mine happens to be for underage girls" just really got to me as being wrong

That said, "All the things she said" is a well produced and catchy track, the lyrics are awful obviously, but for a dance/europop track its pretty good. Personally though, I found the video slightly disturbing and not as sexual as it could have been

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 02:10 Edited at: 21st Mar 2003 02:11
Well I read that girl was 14 yrs old. Still too young anyway, but that's why I said "rumors" (a lot of of it intentionally spread, no doubt).

Ogres have layers.
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 06:14
Dookie and Nimrod kicked ass. It's just this damn "punker" guy (Thomas) at my school. He swears that Warning was the best. I mean, he's damn annoying. He wants to kick any ones ass who says "Greenday sucks". Even worse, he goes around saying "I'm a 'punker'. I've got ten punker CDs; 7 Greenday and 3 Weezer". Weezer and GD aren't even punk bands. Punk is like Dead Kennedys, Operation Ivy, AFI, etc... And more, he goes around saying "punkers are called punkers cause they punk metal heads" He's gotten his ass beaten so many times by metal heads and he continues on. I like the earlier greenday, but Warning was a real let down. I nearly killed him when he put his hand around my friends neck. If we weren't at school...

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 07:55
Quote: "most people aren't aware that its what, 12years old now lol"

Maybe 5 years, but it still rocks espacially the Berlin concert version.

I hate posers, aka What-a-be's. People like that are the ones that have created Disco, Cristain Rock, modern Country music, and teen Pop.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 14:45
Well if you think about it this is only a sick practise now ... i mean not even 100years back it wasn't uncommon for girls of any teenage to be pregnant from guys of all ages. I mean where I can see the problem with it from little girls, teenagers are a different bag of chips altogether - and althought yeah i'd frown upon it, these girls are old enough to know what sex is, and the implications of what they do.

i mean here it's a REALLY bad thing - but then our kids don't grow up with this going on all around them, and their families generally arn't in such a rut that they can stay being kids for a very long time... in other countries the societies are very different and kids have to grow up alot quicker in order to survive. Plus they've never been as 'Eeeewww' about as many practises as they are here.

he isn't doing anything illegal, so really each to his own - ya kinda just gotta respect that ... alot of people don't (hense the current Gulf War)
you don't have to like him for it, but really he ain't doing anything wrong.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 11:08
@sam
what album is 'No regrets) on?

@everyone
I am uploading one of his recordings. (Greenday - Time of you life)
Hes gonna record Polly later on 2day for ya. He will sing in it too .

laterzz

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 23:38
Cool Petrat can't w8 2 hear them

But lol No Regrets IS Time of your Life, its full title on Nimrod is
'No Regrets (Time of Your Life)'

As for the Tatu thing well yeah I agree sex with Kids is the really sick part, and some young teenagers look and act old enough to be responsible and make a sensible suggestion. Being practically resident at a holiday park here (Its damn fun, gr8 facilities, cheap booze ) I have seen a load of girl progress from being young looking kids to suddenly looking all grown up - scary sometimes you can see an 18 year old whos actually 14 - scary I just meant some1 who specifically uses their position of authority to sleep with underage girls on purpose has to be frowned on in my opinion

Question tho : Any1 who has the TATU song "All the things she said", play it LOUD on your HEADPHONES - is it me or does it give you a weird paranoid feeling? Its kinda spooky but I like it I think its the resonance of the echos. Man I'm gonna be deaf soon :\'(

@ Large Nostril, Green Day ARE officially a punk band, as are Blink and Sum41, I think they are more like a new wave of punk tho, similar to the whole "Nu" Metal thing, they sound more mainstream. I like all those bands, but other punk bands I like are AFI, Bad Religion, Dead Kennedys, and eaaaarly Offspring But I like a whole loada music styles so I'm not gonna claim I'm an expert

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 00:07 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2003 00:09
thats not the best song on the album... (^_^) i prefer Stars, 30mins and Clowns
i actually wanna take the vocals of Clowns and place it on a Classic Remix - use it in an animation i've done cause it'd give some awesome emotional support ... cause i have it on there right now and a mate i showed i saw actually started to cry, it was weird cause last time i saw him cry was when his girl cheated on him - but if i can strike that much emotion in him with it normally, then with the Classic Remix background i want ... could be even more effective.

i mean the words that are in the song actually fit the whole situation in a sad commentary fashion - and when the guy dies, i mean thats just it cause of the whole build up
wish i could show people by uploading but its 1.9Gb - which i don't really have online right now, and its something you wanna see all in one go ... my first true 45min animation though, took almost a month to render - and as soon as i can get ahold of Arnold Renderer i maybe completely rerendering for added realism (as Brazil isn't good enough really, cause its bugged)

Chiwawa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 01:03
i want ac/dc song!
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 02:11
"Man I'm gonna be deaf soon"
Same here. Man, look at that clunky thing my grandfather carries around as a hearing aid. I'm gettin ones of thoses when I'm thirty.

@Kang-"kids today think Blink 182, offspring, and Greenday are punk, their not! Punk was Black Flag, Jodie Fosters Army, Dead Kennendys, Circle Jerks, to name a few. These "TOP 40" Greenday clones that tout themselfs as Punk, are very far from it. " -taken from http://www.iconofan.com/readerrants/2001/feb/punk.shtml

Blink, GreenDay, Sum 41, MXPX, etc. are indi alternative. Punk is not just a genre of music; it is a style of life. Read the lyrics of Dead Kennedys or OpIvy, you'll notice they still strongly oppose authoritative opression. Greenday, however, dose not. Anti-Flag is punk, Blink is not. AFI was originally punk, but now they're just trendy, Sum 41 always was trendy. Punk has nearly phased out. Even those that I listed above as being 'punk' fall more under the genre of 'ska' which is a branch of punk.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 02:29
Yeah fair enough, I was thinking of it more as a music genre. Obviously I'm aware of the Punk lifestyle but thought they could run independantly. I have heard Greenday, Blink and Sum41 all describe themsleves as punk - quite possibly incorrectly Its strange to me that much punk is described as SKA, I was brought up to believe (again, probably incorrectly) that SKA was a white, 1980s, western mass market attempt at Reggae (?) Or is there some truth in that and the two merged or just used the same name?

Raven - Man I'd love to see that! Do you have a DVD writer?

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 13:43
any1 know where i can get some free webspace to upload the music to?
P.S. Greenday, Blink 182 and Sum 41 are all punk rock

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 15:26
those bands are about as punk rock as Avril Lavinge!
you wanna hear some true punk as your dad for some Sex Pistols or something

yeah i have have a DvD-Ram... cept its in boxes with everything else, cause i bought it and never installed it (so if i do find it might take a while for me to get it working)

perhaps i'll show some screenshots later though, i'll have to find out what my friend is doing with it - cause i made it to a script he gave me (or rather a crude outline) ... so it maybe for something which if it is i'll find to find all the copyright details and overlay them.

story turned out quite sweet thought, i mean a few people i know have read my original write up and been bugging me for more ever since i could send that your way and you might get a taster of what its like. Alex saw it last nite cause i was asleep on the sofa waiting for puffy to send me something, i wake up at like midnight cause i was being used as a biggy teddy bear (^_^)
so far its 2 out of 2 people who wish that the guy doesn't die at the end.
Alex actually said to me "You can't kill off the hero, thats just not right!"

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 15:40
Raven: Cool! Sort it and send me a DVD! lol j/k I know ur busy

Petrat, email them to samjones@kangaroo2.com and I'll upload them for ya, I have pretty much infinite bandwidth and space

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 21:57
ok, I will when i can .

those bands are about as punk rock as Avril Lavinge!
shut up raven coz u obviously dont know what ur on about.

yeah i have have a DvD-Ram.
DVD-Ram? if you knew what ram was then u wouldnt be calling it that. ram is random access memory which RAM chips r used for so that data can be stored and retrieved very fast without the use of files. u mean a 'DVD ROM' drive

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 22:09
LMAO!!!
sorry couldn't help it, someone else please explain to him - i don't think i can with a straight face (^_^)

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 00:30
@petrat, Raven is using a little something called "sarcasm" to get his point across. Avril Lavinge is obviously not punk. Likewise, those bands are not punk.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 10:27:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 10:27:44