Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] The "Official" level Design Competition Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Higgins , I told him i would not do it anymore(the fact i did not want to do it) , and tom is banned .
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 00:33
I have learnt not to trust people you might think are friendly on a forum. I thought Tom was alright, untill the past few days when he went berserk.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 00:34
Quote: "Master Mind, please dont believe any thing Tom tell's you. I have now learnt he is a lying little worm."

May i laugh now?

maybe hes a bit rude to some newcomers but hes an excelent Person for some things.not exactly for welcoming newcomers but...

and i got another idea about what could have happend:

The owner of the FTP had ACCIDENTLY removed the file WITHOUT knowing it,he might have bein trying to delete something else but clicked the wrong thing.

[href]gamemasterengine.galekus.com[/href]
or in the WIP forums.(MMlevel is back!)
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 00:39
You have to manually delete anything from the FTP we use, I don't see it as an accident. We have the log records to show it.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 00:41
HHHmmm...

yes...im not that into FTP servers anymore...so i cant actualy tell alot anymore.

but still,give Tom a chance to defend himself

And i wont reply until tommorow,Onto bed now.

[href]gamemasterengine.galekus.com[/href]
or in the WIP forums.(MMlevel is back!)
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 00:42 Edited at: 17th Jun 2006 00:50
We know for sure that Tom deleted Higgins' entry.There is no question of that.
Sunday did say he wouldn't be Tom's messenger anymore and he hasn't.
I am understandably angry that he messed with my contest and even angrier that he screwed with Ozark Games.
I agree with Keith that he should be disqualified.
Defending Tom is useless.He has been caught and we can prove it.

Edit post:If Tom has an explanation he can e-mail it to me.

Just One Old Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 00:42
Master Mind, it's a good thought, and I always try to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but it's hard to dispute the records that show who did what when.

Accidents do happen, but I have a hard time believing it was an accident. Even if he did it accidentally, he would have had to have seen Higgin's entry before the "accident", but he stated here that there were only two entries including his. He couldn't have FTPed into the system without seeing Higgin's file and knowing there were three to begin with.

It just means that I have to set up a stricter FTP system for the next one.

Sarcasm, just one more service I have to offer...
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 00:46
@Higgins- I am in no way defending Toms actions and i mean no disrespect but perhaps now you can see why I was so upset since the shoe is on the other foot
Quote: "have learnt not to trust people you might think are friendly on a forum"
Perhaps you have more of an insight of how I felt about our previous tiff. i just hope we can all learn from our experiences. Like I said no disrespect is meant. i bear no ill will towards you.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 00:53 Edited at: 17th Jun 2006 00:54
Disturbing 13, I would do any thing to say sorry for the texture issue, I admit I did wrong when I wanted to include it with my hand model on turbo squid. I sent you an email just before, also.

But what Tom did was lie, lie and lie some more. Now who gets angery over msn cancelling a file? Tom did, and I am 100% sure he deleted my entry because of that. I have posted that story back a few posts.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 01:08
Understood but perhaps you misspelled my email adress, because I never recieved an email. I'm not disputeing it, I just never recieved it. It's cool and all blown over i just wanted you to see what I meant about the trust issue to begn with. Thanks for responding cool.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 01:20
I have resent you the email, hope you get it.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 01:26
did you send it from a hotmail account? Because I don't accept anything from hotmail, too many junk mails from hijacked accounts.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 01:33
Ill resend it from my other address then.

Cal Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 02:05
Oh i didnt realise, cos there was no 1st goes to blaa 2nd goes to blaa blaa
oh well wasnt a very good levl anyway

-On the behalf of Squirrel Tech Games!
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 02:11 Edited at: 17th Jun 2006 02:23
Hi, i've just been requested by Tom to ask first of all FredP did you get toms Email? He also wanted me to state that he has not been posting because he's banned.

Quote: "Quote from tom
For all we know, his level upload couldve got corrupted when he left it going overnight, and it took the next IP address to log on, which was mine, as the "deleter""

I am not his new messenger, I am just doing this one favour.
Nor am I on any mans side I am the neutral one, the evidence against him is strong and if Tom did delete Higgins level and then lied to me and all of you, he deserves a lifetime ban, aswell as being ashamed of betraying those who trust him but everyone deserves a chance to explain themselves.

Visit http://www.natsam.co.uk to find out about my games.
[href][/href]
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 02:24
Corrupted he says? I tested the zip file before uploading it, it unzipped fine, no problems. I also was up till 5am getting it uploaded and I checked the file to see if it had been uploaded correctly, it had been. I just cant stand liers.

Just One Old Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 05:11
As I said, I had backed the files up after each upload and tested the zips so people would know ahead of time if there was a problem. Higgins' file was uploaded correctly. There theoretically could have been a lot of things happen.

As a systems analyst for a lot of years I've had to do my fair share of investigation into who did what, where, and how, and I've seen lots of anomolies. I'm also a firm believer in not throwing around accusations lightly. So, here's the scoop.

There were 3 working entries in the folder yesterday. None of the 3 files were corrupt or partial uploads. One of them was Higgins' file. There was one deletion that happened when Tom's IP was logged in and no one else. No previous attempt had been made to delete one of those 3 files in that folder. The file was deleted immediately. Shortly after that Tom's IP logged out. At that point there were only two entries in the folder. The file couldn't have been deleted without choosing the Delete option in the FTP client or hitting the Delete key with that file highlighted.

I'll leave it up to someone else to base a conclusion on the above facts. And just so there's no doubt that I have some idea what I'm talking about - not only have I done this work for the past 30 years, but for the last 9 I've been a systems analyst for the U.S. Army. Not that that cuts any mustard with anyone, but it might cut down on speculation that I'm new at this. Based on the facts in the paragraph above, I myself can only come to one conclusion.

Sarcasm, just one more service I have to offer...
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 08:52 Edited at: 20th Jun 2006 06:02
i agree with keith's ways ussually, but the evidence at this point is too great...

oh, and @tom,

Quote: "[16:09:31] 227 Entering Passive Mode (ip removed)
[16:09:31] Opening data connection to ip removed Port: 24602
[16:09:31] MLSD
[16:09:31] DELE File:Higgin's Entry Size: 114 DELE COMMAND "

im pretty sure it didnt make a mistake and take your ip...

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Very well, i'm not going to waste my time sticking up for Tom with evidence like that, you did give him a fair "trial" shall we say, and the evidence says he did do it, therefor it is not up to me what happens to him, I know what I believe and I based it upon that evidence.

Visit http://www.natsam.co.uk to find out about my games.
[href][/href]
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 15:35 Edited at: 17th Jun 2006 15:36
As soon as I saw his post that only two entries had been entered, I had a sickly gut feeling that some thing had happened. I logged into the ftp to check and my game had been deleted. I was really angry that he would have to do that. In all, he was the one who started the whole thing; he called me a name, swore at me in msn, I had enough and had a go at him, then blocked him. Then this happens.

Like I have said about 4 times, he sent me an email saying he had done nothing of the sort. All I know is that he is a lying two faced git.

Now that it has all been shorted out, I really don’t think some one like him should be allowed back onto the forums, if he can just plainly lie to your face with no gilt.

But that will have to be up to the Mods.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 22:29
well hes banned for a few days, but if he comes back with the same attitude, he will get banned for longer.

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 04:14 Edited at: 18th Jun 2006 04:16
Here's the deal.The contest is over.I am going to start another thread to post the winners.This thread is pretty much dead.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 22:36
Just to update everyone; we have looked at the levels (I still have to look at Higgin's level though), and will be making a decision soon. Sorry for the delay.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 23:25:43
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 23:25:43