Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Metal Runner- Fast Paced Reflex Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 08:17
Yes!! CANDYLAND!! I remember seeing this a while ago when you were deciding whether or not to do the candyland level and being like "Oh man, I really hope he does this..." I played the demo a long time ago and I'm really glad to see that it's still coming along!

Anarchy Burger - hold the Government!
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 14:03 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2007 14:26
@DBUser 2006 +: Thanks Piles of candy sounds like a good idea. I'll get right on it...

@Gil: Thank you!

@Brain111: I'm glad to see you're so enthusiastic about the candyland level lol. And yes, this is still coming along, slowly but surely

EDIT: Okay, Here's the piles of candy for DBUser

Attachments

Login to view attachments
zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 19:33
It´s looking awesome, but the texturing on the brown boxes need a bit of work. I remember playing the demo a while ago, and man it was fast!

WII number: 8220 5043 6939 7393
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 00:37
Haha, thanks I think the brown box thing is because I'm scaling the texture by a decimal amount I'll try and get that fixed...

Brain111
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 01:07 Edited at: 4th Jul 2007 01:13
I downloaded the new demo and it's even more awesome as before. I do have a few small criticisms though,:

*A couple of the textues need a bit of work. Mainly just that window thing.

*On the second level it starts you in a position that you fall off almost instantly, and its a little annoying.

*The jumping animation is a little wierd because you land on your head after you jump. I would maybe speed it up or slow it down a bit, making the timing right so you land on your feet when jumping to a ground level with yours.

*Possibly add a few more "bong!" sound effects and make it play a random one so the player doesn't get annoyed by hearing the same one.

*The beginning and death sequences on each level are a little too long and boring to sit through. I'd probably keep a longer one on the first level though so you can still get the full effect.

It's coming along awesomely, though. It looks different from most games on here but the graphics are cool looking and the gameplay is fun and super addicting. The gravity upgrade was sweet as heck too, and I also liked how the upgrade tile looked for this effect.

Anarchy Burger - hold the Government!
Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 03:23
Awesome! That glowing aura really adds to the atmosphere.

Quote: "*On the second level it starts you in a position that you fall off almost instantly, and its a little annoying."

The demo levels aren't in the actual game, though.

You never really know a person until you look at their google autocomplete entries.
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 13:52 Edited at: 5th Jul 2007 04:06
@Brain111:

*I may or may not end up changing that. I figured it would add a specific feel to the game, considering the forest window thing looks the same but green...

*I will not end up changing that because the demo levels will never appear in the game (as Code Dragon stated)

*lol I liked that. Again, I may or may not change that. Thanks for telling me it was bothering you.

*Now THAT had never crossed my mind. I could just make the sound play at a random speed, thus changing the pitch with each landing...

*Really? They were that long? I'll shorten the beginning thing, but I probably won't do the same for the dying thing as that can't really be changed too much...

Thanks for your comments, I'm gald you liked the game

@Code Dragon:
Thanks There are some power-DOWNs in the game, which are surrounded by a RED aura.

@Everyone:
Whoops... I forgot to mention that I fixed the bug where you can run through walls. I'd forgotten to do some stuff in the collision system, lol.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 11:39
@Sixty Squares
Awsome! <Dives into pile of candy yelling to the dentist "Screw my teeth! I like candy!"> heh heh. ^_^

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

-naota

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 12:38 Edited at: 6th Jul 2007 13:18
Haha, thanks.

da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 07:08
any updates?

http://Freewebs.com/noobisoft
Come to Noobisoft's website today!
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 02:22
Not at the moment. A few levels have been added though, bringing the total to 47 levels.

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 02:59 Edited at: 1st Aug 2007 19:04
Any idea of when it will be finished? 47 sounds like a very reasonable amount of levels, your players are going to get their money's worth.

This is my first post using Firefox, I don't know why I didn't switch sooner!

Just wondering, did you make a level editor for Metal Runner?

This sig has been viewed times.
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 23:00
1. I have no idea when it will be finished. As I said, I'm terrible at finishing things quickly But it WILL be finished!

2. I'm still using internet explorer.

3. Yes I did. How else would Phoenix Fire and I have been able to make so many levels without getting too bored and fed up with ourselves

Anto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 12:20
Sixty Squares,

I've download your game a month ago, But Vista!!! need directx 9c etc It's Pain! Today finally did something about it, look down for the dll's that is need to run DB Pro files (F.Y.I - I only use the classic version)

Finally ran your game a while ago!

I really enjoyed it. I loved the blur effect you made when the game goes faster, Keep it up.

Cheers
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 14:07 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2007 14:59
Thanks I'm happy you were able to get it running.

@Everyone: I'm actually working on the final world right now--- the METAL WORLD. When that's done...

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 15:15
Lol, to get those DBC/DBP games running on Vista, as far as I know you only need to get something like 1 to 3 .dll files and drop them in system...

47 levels? Eek. How short or those? 20 seconds? Otherwise you've got some completion time coming up, lol.

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2007 23:32 Edited at: 5th Aug 2007 23:32
Nope, they aren't 20 seconds each Well, they won't be unless you're REALLY good at the game...

Pheonix Fire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 20:06
Metal Runner is so fun!! I need to make more music though, any ideas for it?

Fire is everywhere! Even in your food.

...dont be scared...
Binary Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2007 12:01
Hows the game going guys? Looking good!

da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2007 00:15
It is looking excellent

http://Freewebs.com/noobisoft
Come to Noobisoft's website today!
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2007 13:48
Thanks It'll be done in due time-- I've made the metal world, now all that's left are the levels!

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 11:47
Ok dude. PLayed it and it was a lot of fun. Good oldskool gameplay. My most major criticism is the sound it plays when you land a jump. I don't think I can handle 47 levels of "DUNG!! DUNG!!! DUNG!!". I think I'd end up turning off my speakers. It's a pretty tough learning curve too. Especially landing in the "win zone". In the first level it's surprisingly hard to hit the winzone, you actually have to jump before the final corner to land on it... perhaps it should finish the level if you move into it, rather than land on it?

THe start of the second level is pretty annoying too. YOu have to jump almost immediately..

So that's the end of my crit. Don't think I'm being harsh, I just wasted the last 30mins playing this to death!

Oh, just an idea... you could link the music speed to the speed of the player, so that the track speeds up at the same rate as the player!?

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 23:40
Quote: "perhaps it should finish the level if you move into it, rather than land on it?"

Wait, it doesn't let you win if you move onto the end block!? It's supposed to... I'll look into that.

Yes I understand that the demo levels were a tad annoying, but none of them will appear in the game. The game has completely different levels in it.

Quote: "don't think I can handle 47 levels of "DUNG!! DUNG!!! DUNG!!". "

Haha, okay I'll add some sound speed variation to the game via the SET SOUND SPEED command. That should fix this problem.

Quote: "Oh, just an idea... you could link the music speed to the speed of the player, so that the track speeds up at the same rate as the player!?"

Hmm, now that's an intresting idea...

Phlum
Years of Service
User Offline
The FPS was 12 all the way through the 2 levels that I played...3rd level was same but I came off after dying too much.
The game was great! I think, however, there should be some sort of Options screen where you can change screen modes and turn motion blur on/off. Apart from that......pretty fun to try and get around the meddling gap.... Great game!

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2007 18:49
@Phlum: Thanks! But 12 FPS? That's strange... It runs at 50-60 over here... About the options screen. The game is ridiculously disorganized (lol I'm using random object numbers like 12345 when I can't think of one) because I didn't know how to organize a game when I started this. I'll see what I can do.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 05:25:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 05:25:52