Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

NVIDIA Competition 2008 / The Don: Kings Of The Underground - Pre Dev Teaser Trailer!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Woah! thought you all knew its 3dsmax, my apologies! Lol why does that make your repect for me drop, think about it, all the 3d models you have seen in the trailers will still me ingame, as with the game model, each shadow can be rendered or lightmapped so its not like there is much diffrent, only the renderer. Code it very in depth and detailed, it features plenty of diversity and playability already, as for more media and levels....you will have to wait and see, I perfer to release shots and trailers in sections, lol if you gave you everything we had now then you wouldnt come back.

DaZ

eXus - www.exusband.com
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
I just breathed a biiiiiiiiiiiiiig sigh of relief that those were in Max and not the game engine. lol. My self confidence is restored...

Your signature was too large.
Zedane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 22:25 Edited at: 11th Nov 2006 22:28
Quote: "Woah! thought you all knew its 3dsmax, my apologies! Lol why does that make your repect for me drop, think about it, all the 3d models you have seen in the trailers will still me ingame, as with the game model, each shadow can be rendered or lightmapped so its not like there is much diffrent, only the renderer. Code it very in depth and detailed, it features plenty of diversity and playability already, as for more media and levels....you will have to wait and see, I perfer to release shots and trailers in sections, lol if you gave you everything we had now then you wouldnt come back.

DaZ
"

You are correct about the 3d models existing, but the few weeeks that most us have been working hard on a game engine, all you have shown is models. You have very little shown (your code demo was just loading in models and adding simplistic movement and a few images) in terms of coding done, which I belive should allways be done first. While your models are quite frankly amazing for how much time you have been working, the fact that the movie was not produced in dbp takes out the "amazingness" out of the demo, since we had seen the majority of those models already. If your engine is able to pump out those kind of graphics, then it would a much different story.

around here.. normal's just a setting on a hair dryer
Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol well the engine we released was to prove that we were not just posting models over a picture and if you remember way back at the beginning of this topic I was getting people to guess what features the game contained, well because nobody had guessed anything spesific we didnt want to give it away, which is why im dropping hint into CGI...if I show them in game it will give it away....do you see where im coming from, I do apologise tho, didnt mean to lead anyone on.

DaZ

eXus - www.exusband.com
Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
OH and BTW, all the screenshots of the levels are ingame engine, the only thing rendered out of 3dsmax is the latest trailer.

DaZ

eXus - www.exusband.com
Javaguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 16:23 Edited at: 12th Nov 2006 16:24
Sorry, Delete.. was replying to a message from page 1.

A Black And White style Paradise Sim. Check it out in the Nvidia Forums
Ri karou
Years of Service
User Offline
wow, over a week and no updates...

Join the dark side....we have QUI!
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 00:35
What we are seeing here is the classic case of too much hype. Never over hype your game unless you can outdo people assumptions or at least match them.

While this does look very good, whether or not it's rendered in dbpro, we've really seen nothing of the gameplay. It's just bothers me how much people were praising it when none of the game play was shown. We don't even know if this will be a good game and it was getting praised the sh*t out of! Just very unusual.

And everything I saw in the vid seems entirely possible in dbpro...

Oh yes. I never realized how little confidence people have in themselves. I know I can't make as realistic graphics as are shown here, but I quite honestly believe I can make a much prettier game. Mostly because realism is the most taxing of styles, even though it isn't the most difficult. I'm not trying to put down this game, I'm just saying as an artist and gamer I can't see a prison environment looking good if you're in it for more than 20 minutes... I'd like to be proved wrong, but it will take a lot of hard work to do so, I think.

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 04:15
I agree... I'm looking forward to seeing the gameplay...

Portfolio: http://mike-inel.cgsociety.org/gallery/
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, this game was hyped up a lot, he's probably stressed out because he doesn't think he can deliever up to everyone's expectations. That aside, he may have his team getting a big development to show us... I am some what relieved that that was not in the engine (the renders) because when I saw it, my self confidence was no better than a mouse stuck in a trap, bleeding to death on the carpet.

Your signature was too large.
Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol im not stressed, just not releasing anything else for it to be shot down as me already showing it.

DaZ

eXus - www.exusband.com
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 21:38
Heh it seems like you're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't.

It's really very easy to keep us rabid mob happy - we just want a constant stream of new releases that exponentially increase in quality.

Come on.

-= Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals =-
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Lol im not stressed, just not releasing anything else for it to be shot down as me already showing it."

What? If we've seen it, you'd had to have released it, so as it being released you couldn't re-release it, so basically what you're saying is there's nothing new?

He said, "You drink when you're lonely." No I drink when I want!
He said, "You'll never be sober." Sure. Why would I want that?
Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
No its just everytime i show something new people say it looks the same so in esence it is new, but could just be an update of a previously shown level or model.

DaZ

eXus - www.exusband.com
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
It is what you say it is man, do what you think is right... Don't let others tell you how to dev.

He said, "You drink when you're lonely." No I drink when I want!
He said, "You'll never be sober." Sure. Why would I want that?
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2006 11:24
Word!

Ri karou
Years of Service
User Offline
Man... we would like some updates.....please

WTF....what was that for???
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 04:32
I think you should make sure every time you update it's significantly better than the last one, or considerably different than the previous updates. I myself am awful at wips. I tell everyone everything and then some, so no one posts and I think I've been forgotten. You're on the opposite end where you show too little and you're support falls though when people realize just how little they've seen. I think I may have finaly gotten a good wip formula down though... Don't show us every time you make a new scene or character. Show us every major important updates so we don't loose our respect or otherwise get bogged down in too much detail.

This project still looks very good, but it's hard to stay interested in it when I don't know much about it. I still think this will be a great project once it's done, but for now I just don't see enough reason to check up on it very often.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 21:17:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 21:17:08