Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / About Selling your FPSC games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2007 23:03 Edited at: 1st Feb 2007 23:07
Quote: "@ Benjamin A: Nice cover. Wow. How much do you charge? You know, I prefer DVD boxes. "

For ArtWork, it's a pay per assigment deal. Basically I get $50 for an assigment. It's up to me how much time I do spent on creating the cover. If I spent 2-4hrs then I've done well, if I spent days on it, then I'm losing money. This cover was done in 3hrs, that includes all of the revisions. Most of the time, a part of the items is provided (like screenshots & texts) and the rest I have to create myself. I enjoy doing it. I do prefer DVD boxes, also the format is much easier to work with then CD boxes used to be.

Quote: "If selling your FPSC game was so easy to do yourself, then I would like to know who here has sold copies of their games whether electronically or through a good packaging system? Who has had no problems with selling their games? Who thinks selling your games is so easy that all you need to do is get a website builder and a free image editor, make your site and accpet payments and then your selling your games? Feel free to post the answers here, because I am curious. As I said, the saying, "Build it and they will come," is not neccessarily true."

To be honest, I don't think many people are selling their FPSC games. I know of only a very few and they all do it through their website. I'm selling through my own website, http://www.gamefun4u.nl and through Manifesto now also.

I've submitted my FPSC game to a number of website (such as download.com, gametrove.com) to get some publicity. I'm not selling 100's of copies, but I can't complain either. The problem with your own website is getting known. there are many contenders, as a as 'little' guy it's hard to get known. That is why solutions like yours are much better, then developers can join together and use you as a portal. Developers often lack time to advertise and promote their own games, so we need a little help.

I'm accepting Paypal only for payments, but I'm sure there more options available.

As for "Build it and they will come," that indeed isn't true at all. Since FPS games are being created by the thousands, it's a though genre to get them to come and play your game. Since there are many good free fps games, it's hard to sell on your own. By now far over 10,000 people have played the Commander Josh demo, but that doesn't reflect the sales at all. DragonMania (Dragon-X) on the other hand (completely different genre) has well over 10,000 demo players also and it's selling much better. I've only sold Commander Josh electronically, love to see it in stores one day, still working on that.

I do think one of the reasons of FPSC being so cheap to get is that the market of fps games is completely saturated.

Quote: "Who thinks selling your games is so easy that all you need to do is get a website builder and a free image editor, make your site and accpet payments and then your selling your games?"

I wish it was true.... I don't like free website builder and a free image editors, the website show they've been made with it. I spent days creating my website and weeks promoting my games, but it still isn't enough.

EDIT: BUT I don't blame people who think this way...... Part of it is the fault of companies like TGC. They make it sound like you can make big money and great succes with games created with their software and it's going to be as easy as baking a cake. TGC hypes their software to the max, but the truth is very differently. If they would really tell people how it is they themselves would soon be bankrupt.

As stated I do like what you're trying to set up and I'm almost convinced that what you're doing isn't just a lot of talk, so looking forward what will come from it.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 02:01
Quote: "I have a quick question too. If selling anything whether it be games, or whatever was so easy, then how come so many people are not doing it and would be interested in a site that is offering it?"

that's simple -- two reasons. The first reason is that there's a lot of TGC members who make games by and for themselves. They make their games mostly to entertain their friends and to learn something new. The second reason is that there's a lot of people who buy TGC software hoping and thinking it'll allow them to make the "next big thing," some insane MMORPGRTSFPSBBQ adventure/ sports game with flight simulation, all taking place inside a GTA clone. When you weed all these people out, you find a relatively small group of people actually interested in selling their indie games, but after spending all of this time learning new software, they don't want to learn how to do web design. They simply don't understand how simple it all is.

At the end of the day, if you're going to spend massive amounts of time working on a game, you should spend an equal amount of time promoting that game. If you put your game on your website and wait for people to come to you, then you're going to end up without sales. But if you get out there and saturate the market with a high-quality game, people are going to naturally come your way and buy the game you've toiled so hard to make. Join the TGC Webring (which has proven to boost traffic for some of us). Go to chat rooms and forums, and without sounding like a bot, talk one-on-one with potential customers and answer questions they have about your game. Prove to people why your game is worthy of paying for. As indie developers, we need to employ geurilla tactics if we hope to pull in sales

Quote: "Part of it is the fault of companies like TGC. They make it sound like you can make big money and great succes with games created with their software and it's going to be as easy as baking a cake."

I have to disagree with that... I think it depends heavily on the resolve of the TGC customer. TGC provides us with software that does in fact make game development incredibly easy. Your average mainstream game production of the same quality of an FPSC game would probably cost you tens of thousands of dollars. You'd write 600k+ lines of code. You'd need assets developed by a small army of artists. Total time in production with all of these assets, at least one full year, probably more. The FPSC game (and remember, they're of the exact same quality) would take you what, a month or two? It's definitely far easier, faster, and cheaper than any other method out there. And if you know DB as I do, you can modify the engine and make it perform as you want it to, a definite plus. And let's face it, FPSC is far more fun than writing C all day . Sorry if that came across as a TGC ad, I guess I'm a TGC fanboy, hehe.

Quote: "Would you be willing to work with me on this if I send you the prize before hand before starting the competition? You seem to have a lot of contacts and you can hold onto the art work and on my websites I can just link to your website. So how does that sound? I can have the prize sent off immediately and we can work out the outlines of the competition. All I ask is that the prize is supplied by me on the competitions listings. Let me know if this is something you would like to do."

I'd be glad to help you with getting your contest started, and I'm always willing to offer advice and suggestions to keep it going smoothly, but I wouldn't be able to devote large amounts of time to it because MISoft Studios has several games to finish. We're about to enter alpha on Eternal Equinox, we have to wrap up the engine on Capital Punishment, and we're working out several kinks in the Cheney Hunter follow-up, plus we just decided to release "Pod 9," a cheesy freeware game I did with FPSC while learning how to use it (I've only had FPSC for about a week)... so in terms of free-time, I'm booked fairly solid . But I'm always just an e-mail away if you have questions or need help administering the contest, I can offer all the advice I have to give. You don't need to send me the prize beforehand or anything, if you're holding the contest then it's up to you to offer the prize, and then it's your sole responsibility to make sure that prize gets dealt to the winner(s) of your contest. When I hold the next contest this summer, I'll probably only seek prizes from TGC and maybe a few other companies that I've dealt with before, because I'm still weary from the VDIUK stuff that happened last year. But if you hold a contest and you can validate that you gave the prize you promised the contestant, I'd be happy to discuss things with you further. Anyway, if you need help with your contest, just e-mail me and I'll offer up any advice I can

"In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe"
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 04:28
I'm going to have to go back over everything you've all posted; but would you please.....please, use paragraphs? It's killing my eyes.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 04:47
Quote: "I'm going to have to go back over everything you've all posted; but would you please.....please, use paragraphs? It's killing my eyes"

I agree. I've been watching this thread thoroughly but it's gettin hard to read at this point.

Tiggle Bitties

electric chihuahua
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been watching this thread myself. I too am drawn by the prospect of selling a game. What I don't see answered that everyone is asking is your credentials. Do you have true business experience with something? What is your current business that you have been sucessful with? We just want some legitimacy that can be used as reference. What is your track record? It's a great idea what you propose but back it up with your professional experience and people might be less critical and suspicious.
My two cents.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 05:26
Quote: "BUT I don't blame people who think this way...... Part of it is the fault of companies like TGC. They make it sound like you can make big money and great succes with games created with their software and it's going to be as easy as baking a cake. TGC hypes their software to the max, but the truth is very differently. If they would really tell people how it is they themselves would soon be bankrupt."

I don't remember TGC making any claims that you would make money off of FPSC.The only "guarentee" I have noticed,or what may be considered close to it,would be "You can design your own first person shooting games-no coding required"...from the back of the box that the FPSC disk comes in.

If you an indie game developer...and you are realistic...you are going to realize that the chances of you making this "big money" is next to none.There are maybe five to ten people who inhabit these forums who could make a game and make a profit off of it.
The fact is...and you can argue about it until the cows come home,eat dinner and leave again...is that TGC's products are all geared toward the indie developer...specifically,hobbyists.

Anybody who says or thinks that products such as FPSC are geared for making games like Half-life,Halo,etc. misses the point.There are a lot of reasons that the engines to make those games cost more than FPSC.

Quote: "At the end of the day, if you're going to spend massive amounts of time working on a game, you should spend an equal amount of time promoting that game."

Bingo!Since this is indie game development the concept is you pretty much do it yourself.It's never how good a game is that actually makes it sell...it's the hype around the game.And as the developer of your own game you are the hypester.

The bottom line is that what I have been saying all along still rings true...
You are only going to get out of FPSC or anything else in life what you put into it.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 06:07
Quote: "You are only going to get out of FPSC or anything else in life what you put into it."

You should be quoted. And that should be made a sticky. Not even joking, that quote should be a sticky.

Tiggle Bitties

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 15:31
@ electric chihuahua: I honestly could tell you my "credentials," but honestly I would not be posting documents so I doubt anyone would believe me. As I said before, if someone believes me or not then that is OK with me. I have posted games on the site and am working to develop a better site. So, I will say I have business experience and have worked in sales and marketing almost my whole adult life. I currently am a registered writer for American Chronicle, and do write business articles on marketing and advertising, and since I am the copyright owner for these articles, I re-post them on my other website as well. I have also worked with individual businesses by writning articles for them to promote their business. I have done different things over the years. To many to list everything, but you cna find me on the authors list of American Chronicle, which is the most recent, becaus I have not been writing for them long.

@Fred P: Youre saying is so true. You get what you put in. That is for everything. By the way, I also like the Wembley site. A lot of good downloads are there.

@ Matt Rock: I don't see why you wouldnt hold onto the prize. That way you know the person received it because you would have sent it. But, OK. Maybe I can find another trusted memeber of this forum that is in the US that would be willing to hold onto the prize and would not mind sending it off to the winner as well as have the entries sent to them so that I would not be accused of stealing anyones work. I will look around.

K.L. Phair
Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 19:40
I wouldn't hold onto the prize because I wouldn't be holding the contest. If it's your contest, then it's your responsibility to furbish the prize, and issue it to the winner in a timely fashion. For the text adventure competition, the two legitimate prizes were awarded by TGC and Underware Design respectively, and VDIUK was allegedly going to send the winner the third prize. As a result, when I hold the text adventure competition this year, I'll only be asking companies that I know, trust, and have dealt with in the past, and/ or companies that can provide substantial proof that they're a ligitimate, registered company. I'm expecting a decent turn-out in this year's competition and I'm planning to do everything in my power to avoid the mishaps of the 2006 contest.

That being said, you leave me with a question. You said:
Quote: "Maybe I can find another trusted memeber of this forum that is in the US that would be willing to hold onto the prize and would not mind sending it off to the winner as well as have the entries sent to them so that I would not be accused of stealing anyones work."

First of all, you put in "Ann Arbor, Michigan" as your location. Doesn't that make you a resident of the United States? Secondly, if you're going to hold a contest, it's your sole responsibility to judge the contest and, if needed, to find additional judges for that contest. It's your responsibility to inquire about and confirm prizes to offer in that contest, and to do everything in your power to ensure that the prize(s) reach the respective winner(s) of said contest.

If you're going to supply the prize, and hold the contest, then it's your sole responsibility to provide the prize in question, to make sure it reaches the person in question. I can't for the life of me figure out why, if you're holding the contest and offering the prize yourself, you'd want to find someone else to ship the prize for you. Either I'm not understanding what you're saying, or it's a severe lack of responsibility on your part. You don't need someone to hold onto the prize... you just need to furbish the prize you offer, and if you do that, you'll earn the trust of everyone here.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 20:03
@ Matt Rock: No, you clearly did not understand my point. I read the post you linked to. It said you held a contest and this so claled group was suppossed to furnish the prize and collected all of the work that was submitted to the contest. He never produced the prize. I was saying if you wanted to hold another contest, you not me and then I would provide the prize. I said in so many words that if you did, I would provide the prize before hand so that you would know there would be a prize and all that I wanted was credit for providing the prize to the website. I also added that I did not need to hold onto the work like the guy in the past did, so no one would have to worry about me stealing their work. That way you would have a contest everyone would feel comfortbale doing and you know there would be a prize. Since it seems you do not want to do this, I was going to see if there was another member here in the US who owuld want to do it so that I could send the prize in the same country as me so I would not have to ship it internationally. I never said I was not a member of the United States. On your profile it says you are from the US so my statement, "Maybe I can find another trusted memeber of this forum that is in the US that would be willing to hold onto the prize and would not mind sending it off to the winner..." was saying that since you are a trusted memeber of this forum and are form the US that maybe there was someone else form here, the United States, that would be interested in doing this. Hopefully everyone will understand what I said now, and if anyone is interested please let me know if any of you have a contest I can supply a prize for. Thank you.

K.L. Phair
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 20:04
Typos...sorry LOL, I was rushing with the typing..Thanks.

K.L. Phair
Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 00:46
Oh, I get it now. They weren't supposed to collect entries or anything though, that was my responsibility. I judged the games, along with a few of my friends. The prize-offering companies only needed to send the prizes to the winners, and two of those companies did that fine, but that VDIUK "company," which seemingly doesn't exist, never sent their prize to the winning contestant. It's still an ongoing matter and I'm considering taking legal action against this "company," mostly to ensure they don't do these things to anyone else.

Anyway, about the prize, it would depend on the sort of prize you were offering. If you're sending it pre-emptively then I wouldn't see a problem with that. Naturally I wouldn't advertise the prize until it got here... I still feel bad after what happened last year and now I'm going to be as careful as humanely possible. I dunno, e-mail me and we can talk about it.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 23:39
@ Matt Rock: OK. I will email you soon. I am just suddenly busy as I have a new assignment I need done by Thursday.

Announcement: Many of you who read the previous posts know that I am working on an agreement with a FPSC game creator. Officially they have jumped on board with me and we are currently working out the details for a dtail as I have sent them a draft of an agreement and we are going to go form there and work a deal. So, as soon as we can get an agreement I will announce it. Now, as far as the website, I am working on the final plans to reformat the site and get everything together to get the entire outline of the sites appearance as well as the technical info of how the site will operate. I will have this information within the next 8 days. So, by February 11th, if not sooner I will have a good idea of what the new site will be like and will be able to relay that information to you. Hopefully I will have a deal with this FPSC game creator by then as well, as we are only trying to word out the agreement. I thank everyone for their patience and support.

K.L. Phair
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 10:49
Looks like nothing worked out as planned, did it?

GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 14:53 Edited at: 28th Feb 2007 16:14
@ Benjamin A: Hey how have you been? No, everything is working out and I even have some additions. Just yesterday I sent a signed agreement to the FPSC user I had talked about. It was actually my fault that it took this long for the agreement, but my wife had our baby on the 19th and she was due the 26th of this month. So that threw me off a bit and made it so I was not able to get the agreement signed and sent out quicker. However, the site EGameStudio.Com is going to be changed over so that it can be a better store. We are going to add on features slowly and see how it goes. I do have an agreement though, and am just waiting to get it back. I have developed an advertising campaign, and am finishing that out as well as have created a game cheat site which can be found at ExposedGamer.Com which will be an advertiisng point to draw people to the EGameStudio.Com store website. I still have to get back to Matt Rock about running a contest but have been so busy with everything else that I have not gotten to that point yet. So as of right now, we are in the middle of switching the store over and adding content to the cheat site. In my earlier posts I said I wanted to have it done by April at the latest, and it looks it will be done early March, so ahead of schedule still.

So how has everything gone for you? Well I apologize to you and anyone else who thinks I abandoned this. I have just been busy but am still working on it. I have just been busy, but have been working hard on this still. I added the game cheats site so that it would be a palce to attract a lot of attention where people would want to go to find information, and I could also use it to direct people to the EGameStudio store and where they could read independent reviews of independent games. I thought this would be a good place to attract gamers and then direct them to the store website on top of all the other advertising campaigns I have planned.

Thanks for checking back. I was gonna make a post next week, but I saw you made a post and I am glad you did not forget about this. It makes me feel like someone in this forum is interested in this. Thanks and if you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know. You can check out the sites and tell me what you think. Thanks and have a good day.

K.L. Phair
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 15:35
Quote: "Looks like nothing worked out as planned, did it?"

You can call it "trying to help people" if you want, but you are showing your true colors. (and to drag this up 24 days later) I'm sorry that TGC was not impressed with your game and didn't give you the attention you wanted. The game just isn't anything to showcase what FPSC can do.

@PAS,

Glad to hear you're still in it and looking forward to see what you can do. You just need to get one or two rolling so people can see and trust it.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 16:11
@ Xplosys: Hey thanks. Yes, still hard at work. I am ahead of schedule, so that is a ogod thing. I am going to use a shopping cart and add some touches to it to present a more professional feel. I am going to slowly add content to a cheats website as you probably already read. I appreicate the support and hope you like the new site after it is completed.

K.L. Phair
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 16:17
Too bad i haven't yet finished MultiMap V1.3,but that will come,it will come

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 16:23
@ Prince Of Darkness: I know how you feel. I have made a lot of progress but it doesnt feel like it. That is a really nice banner. Wow! Maybe someday you could make me a few because you do some good work. Let me know, because I am honestly not the greatest banner designer and I would pay a small fee to have some quality banners produced if you are ever interested. Banners like that would look great on the game cheats website I am finishing up.

K.L. Phair
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 16:27
Dude,that banner is made by DeathHead In Geek Culture...

i am crap at making banners

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 16:55
@ Prince Of Darkness: Hey thanks for the tip. I wne into the thread and wow, he does some amazing work! I made a post in the forum so I should get a reply soon. He pops out those banners quick and they look really good. I wish I could make a good banner like that.

K.L. Phair
IOLO1984
Years of Service
User Offline
I AGREE WITH THIS.IF YOU PUT TIME INTO IT ,YOU'LL GET A LOT OUT OF IT. A Perfectionist , someone who polishes and shines each work gets a lot of positive output..Some times you have to make it up as you go along and find that sometimes that works best.But there are some miss and mark a little when you do it that way sometimes.I guess It's a ,"Eye of the beholder" thing going on.

Quote: "
Quote: "@ Prince Of Darkness: The Multi Map looks good. It is better to take your time and have a quality product then to rush it and have problems. You have a good idea with this product and when it is released, I am sure it will be popular. "

Uhm,actualy...more people downloaded it(about 98,last weeks reading) then reply'd...(About 4)

FPSC can be a good quality,look at some projects people make.most people dont put enough effort in or just think they can do everything.But designing a single level takes more then just 1 hour.it takes 3-9 days with me to get a rather good mapping result with all bugs out and on a right speed.Thats why people think FPSC is crap.all the newcomers throw crap together and call it a game.(A 10*10 segment room with 4 entity's!,and the story is,well...i havent thought of it yet...Screenshots will come later!EDIT:LOLZ!!!I ATTACHED ONE!)[quote]"

Nailed to the Gun on:,
IOLO1984@Myspace.com
"IOLO1984" Gammertag On XBOXLIVE
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 17:40
@ IOLO1984: I agree with what you said. I think that some people are just to eager and not patient enough to take the time to really work out a good game. Everyone needs to understand, that if professionals take time to make a good game, then we are no different. FPSC is easier to make a game with, however it does not mena you will make a sellable gmae overnight. There is a difference between making a game for yourself and making a game to sell.

K.L. Phair
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 19:22 Edited at: 28th Feb 2007 19:24
Quote: "@ Benjamin A: Hey how have you been? No, everything is working out and I even have some additions. Just yesterday I sent a signed agreement to the FPSC user I had talked about. It was actually my fault that it took this long for the agreement, but my wife had our baby on the 19th and she was due the 26th of this month. So that threw me off a bit and made it so I was not able to get the agreement signed and sent out quicker. However, the site EGameStudio.Com is going to be changed over so that it can be a better store. "

First of all, cogratulations. Did you guys get a boy or girl? That sure explains the slow down and make sure you enjoy it, they grow up way too fast!

I'm glad things are starting to work out for you and I still look forward what my emerge in the future

I'm doing fine, I've just finished a new comic (game creation isn't my main occupation) which I'm very pleased with and I've just finished creating a game around the comic. It's mainly geared at kids (8-13 years or so), but I may use the concept for a later development. You can see a little of the new comic combined with a game (which I call Interactive Comic Game) at my website.

At the moment I'm designing a new 2D platform/action engine which will be used for the Interactive teaching series I'm working on. I've started development with FPSC, but FPSC is holding me back, unfortunally. So the organization I'm developing it for agreed with redoing the project in a different way, so that I can fullfill my commitment to them on a short term.

Guess that's about it. Hopefully your store and everything related to it works out well! Keep us posted, I'm really interested to see how it will develop, contrary to what some may think.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 20:03 Edited at: 28th Feb 2007 20:04
@ Benjamin A: Thats good to hear. I had another boy. He will be my 6th boy. I unfortunately only have one girl and she is the oldest. I have 6 boys after that. LOL. My wife says we have to many boys. We may try for one more child, but are unsure. My parents flew in form France, they will be here in the States for about a year or so before they move back to France. I am going to get into the comics maybe at a later point when I develop this game series I am working on. your project sounds very good.

I am designing a cheat codes website at ExposedGamer.Com. there is not content yet and I am going to re-organize the menu a bit, but I like it. Check it out and tell me what you think. I am sure you have read how I am going to use this website to drive traffic to the store. Just one of many strategies I am going to use.

How is your current game going that you found a distributor for? I signed a deal with a FPSC game creator and am just waiting to get it signed by them. So it is moving along. I am ahead of schedule and all, but it feels like I am not making much progress. I will definitely keep everyone posted as to the progress and I am putting additions onto the shopping cart website I will be using to enhance the store.

Thanks for posting a reply. Glad to hear you are having success. I will be using your design sevices in the near future. You do some great work that would make my and anyone elses products stand out. Take care.

K.L. Phair
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 22:06
6 boys.... that's a lot to handle, I only have one and he's a handful, compared to his 2 sisters.

Quote: "How is your current game going that you found a distributor for?"
As you may have read in the other thread which you replied to, Commander Josh isn't going as well as hoped for. People seem more reluctant these days to buy fps games then they used to be. Dragonmania on the other hand is doing very well, I'm very pleased with they way it sells.

In game design, I think it is key not to be bet on one horse only, so combining the Commander Josh sales with the Dragonmania sales has been very rewarding. For the near future, I'm not going to try anymore fps games, from all of the input I did have from various publishers, gamers and market research, casual games is the way to go, so expect to see something released from me along those lines.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2007 05:44 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2007 15:41
Hello everyone. The new design to EGameStudio.Com has just been made. I will be adding content to it and will have products up by next Friday March 9th if not sooner. I thank everyone for their support.
Sincerely,
Kenny

K.L. Phair
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2007 10:59
This looks much more proffesional!

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2007 13:29
Looks good, but you might want to center things a bit better.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2007 18:12 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2007 19:00
@ Benjamin A: Thanks. The credit goes to a company in England who made the skin available. It was edited by a friend of mine who formatted it to the store.

@ KeithC: Yea, it is a bit off, but when I add on the other features it will be better. There are some more thinsg that I need to add. Glad you like it though. It is definitely a huge improvement form what it was.

Anonouncement regarding EGameStudio.Com:
Anyone who has followed this thread has seen the old version of the site. We have now imporved the display and are adding features to the new website of EGameStudio. As of right now everything is basic and there will be some additions within the near future.

First, we will hopefully have it so that the site can be viewed in more then one language. Also we are working on shipping rates so that we can distribute not only to the US, which is where we are located, but also to Canada and certain parts of Europe. We will be adding a feature that will allow people to look at different currencies wich includes the Euro Dollar as well as the British Pound. This will make it so that all US dollars cna be seen in different European currencies so that if acustomer does not use dollars, then they can see how much it will cost them in another currency. These two additions will hopefully make the store more convienient and user friendly.

Behind the scenes of the store, we have a auto search for related products. This will help give more exposure to other games and things that are related to products that a customer is looking at. There will also be a security feature so that people cannot use bots to register and it will also add more secutiry to the website itself. We have a all in one contact form to contact various departments without using different forms like we did before. We also have a smart store, which basically keeps track of our stock so that a customer will not order a product and it accidently be out of stock. We added this because that way the store cna eliminate orders and keep track of everythign better, so if there is a canceled order, etc.

There will be more features to come. We are going to add some more features such as a quick checkout process for previous buyers, to make a speedy checkout. A fetured items list. Plus a favorite products list that will display different products that we will be showcasing. Now this will be used ot showcase independent titles. Anyone who saw the store before saw that we are distributing certain new release Micorosoft Games and other major titles. We are going to be adding these other features so that the independent developers cna show case their products and not get lost. The featured products and the favorite products will showcase only independent game developers products as soon as we get enough indie products to showcase.

I would like to point out that despite selling major titles we are still focusing on the independent developer. We are distributing certain major titles, because the manufacturers of the titles are selling them to us at a very low cost so that we can sell the games much cheaper then a retail store does. Bu as I said, we will be adding features to the store that will allow indie developers to stand out form the major title releases. Also we have developed a game cheats site that will be related to the store. This will serve several purposes.

1.Be a gateway to refer people to the store.
2.We will do reviews mainly of independent titles form indie developers to give them more attention and awareness to their game.
3.Game developers can add their own strategies of how to beat levels, secrets to their games, hints, tips etc. This will also bring awareness of their game to light.
4.Since we own the website, we will be able to advertise independent games for people to buy on the website where customers are viewing codes for their current games. example: Someone is looking at a Need For Speed: Carbon cheat code. On that page in between the codes there will be ads for lets say, a game made with FPSC. They will see the ads for this indie game.

We feel this will attract a lot of people to games that are not seen regularly on commercials, which is the strategy of the codes website.

Also, we are putting together advertising campaigns and partnering up with a advertising company who will be helping us showcase the store website with their advertising network.

At first things will be slow like starting anything, however we have invested a lot of time, money and resources to make this work. We are also establishing an affiliate marketing program where we will pay out affiliates a small percentage based upon promotions and sales. This will help drive more sales to our store as well. So, we have a lot of work and things going on and with the new layout of the site, we feel we will be able to compete with other stores not only based upon price, but customer service and value.

If anyone has any suggestions, then please fel free to post them or email them to me. I am excited about the site and feel we will be very successful with it. I appreciate everyones help and support.

Edit: We do distribute games.

Banner Courtesy of Deathead

K.L. Phair
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2007 18:22
One simple question,as i cannot find the answer right now.

Do you do distribution or not?

I need to know this as i then can decide to make my own shop or use you

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2007 18:50 Edited at: 14th Mar 2007 00:16
I do not know what happened to this post. I tried editing another post and then it posted it here.

K.L. Phair
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2007 19:19
Ah,wanted to know as well.then i can now work on MultiMap V1.3 and i dont have to redistribe it myself

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2007 20:35 Edited at: 17th Mar 2007 21:01
@ Prince Of Darkness: How is your MultiMap coming along?

K.L. Phair
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2007 20:42
Fairly well,i am currently hoping some people to post some feature requests...

All ill tell is that MultiMap V1.3 will be running on a 100% redesigned core system.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2007 20:26 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2007 20:28
Hello everyone. To give people an idea of how we are doing on the construction of our affiliate network, we are starting it off with a single level program. Heres a description we put together so far. This is not set in stone yet, but will give you an idea of what it will be like for affiliates, so you can see how this part of the marketing will help those of you that sell games through us.

Affiliate program description. (Note: This is not a sales pitch but a description to give people in the forum an idea of how our affiliate network will work when they choose to sell their games through us.)

Program Description-Welcome to the EGameCash Affiliate Network. We are sure you have heard and seen many affiliate programs, but none like this. Unlike other affiliate programs, you are paid directly for your hard work without any runarounds and are given payment as quickly as possible.

As you may know, EgameStudio.Com sells games and game related items at below retail prices. Sometimes you can even find some titles as much as over 50% off the price that you can find them in retail stores. We also are a exclusive distributor for some game titles that are sold in the United States. Our games are sold throughout the United States, Canada, and certain parts of Europe. With the great prices that we offer and the wide range of customers we attract worldwide, you have the potential to earn some great income from us.

Our affiliate program works on a Pay-Per-Sale basis. For every sale that you generate, we pay you $1.50. For every 10 (ten) games that you sell, we will also give you 1 (one) game from our title list that we will select for you for free. With this game you can keep it for personal use, give it away or resell it at an auction. Since you received the game for free, if you resell it, anything you sell it for will be profit, making it impossible for you to be out bid. If you do resell the game you could sell it for a below low price and make money off of the shipping and handling. We offer this incentive so that our affiliates who are making sales can receive a bonus. So for every 10 (ten) games you sell you will receive $15 cash sent to you via PayPal and a free game. Since our affiliate program is new it will be a 1 (one) level program. However, after the first 90 (ninety) days of our affiliate programs launch, we will offer a 3 (three) level affiliate program. At this time we will only be recruiting a limited number of affiliates until our program has been launched for 90 days. Affiliates with no activity or sales during this start off campaign will be removed form our program.

The best thing about our affiliate program is that we have a unique payment system. EgameStudio.Com will pay you within 48 (forty-eight) hours after we receive payment. Online checks can take up to 10 (ten) business days to clear. There is no waiting long periods of time for payments, and we pay you directly with PayPal.

So if anyone has any input let me know what you think. We are screening other programs to see how competitive our program will be compared to other affiliate networks.

K.L. Phair
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2007 17:18
PAS,

i am getting there with MultiMap,Ill be hoping to get 2 more beta testers soon and then i will make the editor.as soon as that is done i will contact you with a copy of the program and some information.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2007 17:02 Edited at: 5th Mar 2007 17:03
@ Prince Of Darkness: Thats great. Yea, I am going to finish up a project for a client of mine which should be done by later this week, but after that I am going to finish adding the content to the store. So it should be all done by next week if not by the end of this week..

K.L. Phair
Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2007 18:38
I want make commercial (FPSC) game, but I will sell it by Pay and pal or whatever, because publisher want all money what you get from selling games. Or you pay him before it published?

SIXOFT - This is not just a game, this is a SIXOFT game.
Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2007 22:19
This is exactly the kind of site the fpsc community needs, some place that will accept fpsc games withought too much fuss, I will be sure to use this site for my games. Good job!

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios

Logo made at http://www.grsites.com/logo
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2007 22:41 Edited at: 5th Mar 2007 22:43
@ Johnny English: Actually we take a very small percentage as you can view form the earlier posts. We have an added benefit being that my company does packaging for games in DVD cases. Includes covers, the discs etc. All the works. Check the previous posts in this thread and you cna find all the information. However, if you want to build your own store, then I can tell you what tools I used for ours.

@ Trinity Pictures: Hey thanks for liking the site. It has been greatly improved and will hopefully be another great resource for this community. All I ask about the games submitted is that they work, you do not infringe on copyright or anything like that, such as stealing other peoples work etc. and maintian some communication with me so that we can market the game to its full potential. I am finishing up the store and also am finishing up a cheat codes website to be part of the advertising for the store. Plus I have some advertising partnerships and am building an affiliate network for the store. So we have some really good things that are almost finished up. I appreciate you checking out the site and am glad you like it.

K.L. Phair
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 19:53
Another announcement: For everyone who has been following the progress of EGameStudio we are proud to announce that we do have an agreement with Nano Games who so far is the only people who have signed with us so far to sell their games. Also, the new website is almost fully complete, we are hoping to have it done by next friday if not sooner, and we are working on some other works in progress.

This will most likely be one of the last posts for this thread, besides the announcement of when we finish the site. This thread has been very successful in the making of EGameStudio and forming it into what it is.

I will be posting a new thread after the website is done, about some new developments I am working on and we will begin a new venture into going into different areas with the new advancements of FPSC. I appreciate everyones feedback and help with their suggestions. Look for the new upcoming thread which will be posted no more then 10 days from now about what me and some other people are going to be working on.

If anyone who wants to know about this thread and the developments of EGameStudio, please feel free ot read this thread from the beginning.

I thank everyone for their support.

K.L. Phair
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 21:15
Too bad im not the first one

Anyway,congratulations on getting your first contract.

Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 06:50
This sounds great. I would like to sell mine once it's done through electronic distribution

Graphics Outlet, an outlet for Graphics

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 17:05
@ Prince Of Darkness: Hey, I am waiting for you to finish so that I can sell your MultiMap. This is my only FPSC contract so hopefully more will come in. I have other contracts, but so far this will be the only FPSC title.

@ Shadow heart: I look forward to seeing your game. Thanks for the support.

K.L. Phair
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 18:58
I won't need this because I just sell my games locally, and no one knows what fps creator is, so they would never think of trying to make their own. I make a few $ off of it.

go to:
www.freewebs.com/futurefps
www.chainoffreedom.com.piczo.com
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2007 04:18
@ darimc: That is great that you sell your games locally. I understand that not everyone wants to make games to sell, and that is OK. The store is for people who want to have a reliable place to market their game.

Since you sell your game locally, could you post some ways that you distribute your game to help other people reading this thread to sell their games locally? This would be a great contribution to help people in the community especially since there are a lot of people who are trying to market their games.

Thank you for your post and I am glad that you are having success.

K.L. Phair
Bronny
Years of Service
User Offline
People are afraid no one will buy their games because its easy with FPSC, but what they don't realize its not easier for everyone.

You need to know much about maps, and be a lot creative to make games with FPSC, so thats nothing to be afraid of.

So telling other peoples you used FPSC to make your game isin't gonna make it look bad, as your game is certainly much better than most other FPS games (normal ones).

There is a lot of crappy games made in c++ like normal chess, or monopoly and they earn millions of cash, your game is better so why shouldn't you earn cash if you want to that is.
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2007 23:52 Edited at: 13th Mar 2007 23:53
EGameStudio-Last Announcement: Well i am done. At last. Loaded all the products and everything looks good. I just have to configure the shipping and handling and payment gateway then EGameStudio, newly designed with a lot of features, is re-opened for business.

We have a marketing campaign that will go into effect next Monday, and I hope for the success of the store and hopefully people who want to sell their games will be in touch with me when they are ready to put their games on the market.

Anyone who visits the store will see that we have a tiny collection for XBOX and Playstation 2 games. Now some of you may be wondering how will your FPSC and independent games compete against these. Well, we will be offering incentives and focusing attention on FPSC and independent games as well. As you saw form Nano games, they were listed with big title games and are still doing well. This will show that FPSC games can still be interesting even for independent titles. We are going to add more features to focus on certain independent titles. So now your title will be against some of the biggest names in the Industry like UbiSoft, Microsoft with such titles like Need For Speed: Carbon and Age Of Empires III.

I know some people will be worried that their games will be over looked, but do not worry, because EGameStudio will be using a showcase and buying strategy to give your game the proper exposure nad show it can keep up with big name titles. I think that once FPSC users start seeing and unlocking the full potential of FPSC that they will not be worried. As I said, Nano Games is the bets example so far. They are competing against huge titles where they are being distributed. Just remember to focus on content, frame rates and good game building.

I am making a few FPSC titles that I will be selling through my store as well. I want anyone who decides to use EGameStudio to distribute their game to be successful, and I will market and showcase the game as if it were my own. I am working hard to get as much publicity on this as possible and in the very near future we will even be doing radio advertising in certain parts of the US, and we are working with a marketing company who is assisting with marketing. Not only that, but there are game centers where I will be doing advertising here in the US, and so I am building as many prmoptional outlets as possible, over the Internet and off line as well.

As soon as I get everything set up for shipping and handling and the payment set up, thne the store will be open to sell.

I would like to thank everyone for their support and input as this thread has gone along. I also appreciate everyones honest criticism.

I will be posting a new thread by Friday if not sooner about some other plans that I have with FPSC.

@ Prince Of Darkness: I saw your NeverWinter Nights logo. I am carrying Neverwinter Nights 2 in the product line for the store. When you are finished with MultiMap let me know.

K.L. Phair
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2007 23:58
Do you sell 2D Puzzle games for Indies?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:18:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:18:35