Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator X10 Technology Demo!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 00:54
I don't think it's really worth getting too concerned about this subject

At the end of the day X10 is all but out there now so we should be looking forward. At this stage I haven't looked into X10 in enough detail to know how stable / buggy it is going to be in it's first incarnation when compared to the various revisions of FPSC.

If it is going to be stable and bug free then fair enough and X10 does look very good so you can't blame TGC for getting it out there to cash in with Vista. They are a business after all not a charity.

There may not be the user base for X10 that FPSC currently has for a while but i'm sure there will be enough interest to make it worth TGC's time and it's always nice for the user to have the option of having something sooner than later.

However, if there are still going to be issues in X10 which will need to worked on from the outset, I'm just wondering exactly how much effort is going to be given to FPSC when there's a newer toy to play with. I know Lee has mentioned that FPSC will definately enjoy further updates but i also saw a message from Rick V saying that Lee would be working on X10 full time after it's released in April.

FPSC still has really good potential and should definately be taken to at least V2. XP is going to be supported by Microsoft until 2010 I believe so it would be nice to see a things continue for a while if a little more infrequently.

I don't agree with some of the earlier comments regarding X10 capabilities and comparisons with other engines. We won't really know until we get our hands on it and see what can be done but a game's quality is largely down to the level designer to create interesting environments and experiences. A creative and well thought out level can be just as enjoyable and immersive as a level that has the edge purely from a graphics perspective. The key here will be how stable X10 is and how much can be thrown at it.

I won't be upgrading to Vista for at least another 12 months as I'm supporting those who would like to see further updates to FPSC. It's 2/3 months until X10 is released so a V1.05 RC1 would be appreciated before the day of reckoning!!

All the best
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey who deleted my post?
I'll just have to write it again ahem.

The guy who talked was dodgy!LOL
lardilardi da!
Hey i realised something when you write the HTML of the website the guy said "FpscreatorX10.com" i typed it down and came up with "FPSCreator.com"!

Funny stories!!

...Done totally re-written.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry no one deleted it was me being nOObish and replyed with the post i thought some one deleted in the model pack 6 thread!

Ye olde noob like me!

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 02:28 Edited at: 11th Feb 2007 14:14
Glad I just got my job, that thing is going to need a pretty good comp to run it o.O!

Sick Mod Edit: Do not attempt to bypass the swear filters...you know better. tho guys!
game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
I am getting a job this summer too. If I have enogh money to upgrade to vista, get a new PC that can support it, and buy FPSC X 10 then I might buy FPSC X 10. I would rather save that money and have the original FPSC get uprades like DARK AI and a terrain editor in FPSC and get bug fixes.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 08:13 Edited at: 11th Feb 2007 08:20
Huh, youtube doesn't like me... I wonder if you can be put on comment aprovial with youtube... either way.

The effects are obviously high gear, for DBP, and I commend TGC for working so hard to bring this sort of power to the user. Yeah, you can make photorealistic games even WITH dx9, but who CARES?

I'm looking at that alanwake game, and I am seeing a basic low poly high texture formula. Use of some smoothening with the texture's to reduce the unsightly edges of the polys. Once you know HOW he does it, it isn't as impressive... you could EASILY import high resolution textures into FPSC if you use low polys to compensate.

Then again, it might be my eyes playing tricks on me... but I swear I can see those poly edges (The CHARACTER models probally ARE highER poly, but look at the inanimate scenery... it just LOOKS low poly)

By the way, I am insane. I've overused the username merranvo... my god, the things I've said under that name.

Quote: "I) Try to get them to convert to this better form of government

J) Threaten them to convert to this form of government

K) Blow them to hell and then convert them to the propper form of government"

YEAHHH...

If you fear speaking for yourself, make use the words of others while discovering your own voice.
Maxi Studio
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2007 18:00
When will it been realesed?
(Sorry for my bad english)

MAXI STUDIO
jolord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2007 01:55
how much money is it??

jolord
jolord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2007 01:57
will the old model packs work with the new version??

jolord
jolord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2007 01:59
why dont you guys post the video on this site? youtube is blocked by my security settings.. is there any other site i can get it on?

jolord
smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2007 07:04
My new laptop allows me to have a Vista Upgrade...wether or not its free...i dont know. The computer behind me has Vista, and I hate it. It just looks good...and you can have Direct X 10...wow. Im gonna waste heaps of dough...for that? Theres no point in using FPSC X10....Cause heaps of people arn't going to have Vista. I haven't even upgraded from FPSC v1...cause number 2 wrecks my system...so screw Direct X 10 and Vista, they both suck cause there going to leave us behind.

When they no longer provide a means of entry, then we try harder, until then, you continue to spark anarchy, my fellow anarchists.- CEO, AN.
Shim Kangrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2007 21:02
it looks AWESOMES!!! the only problem, the price for the 8800-thing computer and Vista... I'd like to see the gun config (ie. the actual bullet shooting, not an invisible one )

"The world is like a little brther, it will copy your every move"--Shim Kangrey
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 04:36
Yeah I'm with Shim, I want bullets not raytracers! It would majorly (spell check?) improve on the types of games we could make. We could have a slow-mo bullet dodging game, FINALLY. Anyways, THOSE GRAPHICS ARE SICK. Too bad I'll still have XP after 2010... or not... oh well. Love the shadows and how many peeps you can have at once without lag! The water is totally awesome. Game Creators, YOU ROCK!

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok first of all I want to say sorry couse I get banned and It will
never happen again. [/quote]I'd like to see the gun config (ie. the actual bullet shooting, not an invisible one ) Intresting do you mean
bullets like slowmotion as in matrix or fast bullets like you just see
a very fast flash of?

(sorry my bad english)

/seerzack
toledos
Years of Service
User Offline
what if u just bought the regular version...?

--noob--
Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
You will need to pay for vista and the new x10 version.

/seerzack
Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
OK I have seen the movie like tweenty times now and I noticed that in the end of the movie they are saying like dis:For the lateset information go to FPS Creator X10.com I tried go to FPS Creator X10.com but nothing whit FPSC came up. Have you even created the homepage yet.

/seerzack
FPSC Scripts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 20:22 Edited at: 19th Feb 2007 20:23
yea the webpage is created,folow this link to get it http://www.fpscreatorx10.com/

yo yo yo.
Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks

/seerzack
Flix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 20:40
I want some new and improved things in the new fpsc, scince im getting a 8800gtx for it. I want the ability to bash/melee with your gun in it. Laos I want it so you can have a movie/opening scene before the main menu. Also I think you sould not need fpsc to be installed for you to be able to play fpsc games. The last think it should have is more WWII things. Also more items in gereral. A mini map option would be nice. Also a health bar, not a number, to be frank the number is sort of ugly. But if you can have all that in there, with the great fpsc physics and new great graphics and easy creativity, this will be the best software ever. Please put all that in.
Flix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 20:55
Here are some other things to put in. You should be able to open things like a freezer. Also you should be able to do things like pick up a battery and put it in a socket to turn a turbine on and open a door to finish a level. While people shoot at you of course. Also many vehicles and have a bot drive a car while you gun out the window. Also have bots around you have scripts you can click and drag such as "fall" or "dive" or "throw". Also have the ability to connect say a thompson to the throw and have a guy throw his thompson after the death of his commanding officer. Multiple vehicle positions would be nice. Another thing would be to toggle through the weapon's mods such as "gernade", "semi-auto" or "full auto". Vehicle scripts like the bot scrips would work, like "flip" and "lose_wheel". Those are other great things.
Flix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 21:10
The final suggestions I have are that you can look down you sights with any gun, not just scope in sniper rifle, and to be able to have an interactive item, such as a computer and when you get near it, you go on the computer and open a file. Then you can pull out a flash drive you ha and upload it. Or hack in the enemy's data base. Alsoa scene zone where you lose control of the player, but he still moves, like in CoD3 where you are not moving you character but its like a story scene. And a cut scene maker. That would be great.
Flix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 23:58
Yes, I have a lot of ideas, but I really want them in the new fpsc. One thing we REALLY need is haveing the ability to make some bots friendly. Also we need some objectives. Like pressing tab or somthing to list the things you have and need to do. It would be nice to be able to chose the rank insignia on the trooper's side arm. Those are some more ideas. I will have some more another time.
FPSC Scripts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 03:11
is there like a place to show all the new feathers ,is there gonna be ally system,play minigames,vehicle support ,etc?

yo yo yo.
Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you need to have fpsc installed to be able to play the games.
Yes I think thats sounds good whit a feather page (site) whatever.
Flix your list of thing you would like to do sounds good. I think that
the player would be able to have allys and drive some vehicle.

/seerzack
Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
One question is this mp6?

/seerzack

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FPSC Scripts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 15:13
naa it doesnt looklike a mp6 it looks more like a gmm mixed with a uzi

yo yo yo.
Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
But the gun is the same as in mp6.

/seerzack

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FPSC Scripts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 21:31
i notice that too.
it look alike it but it just isnt it.

yo yo yo.
Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
but what is it?

/seerzack
Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok how many of you are going to buy the Vista x10 version of fpsc.
go to my threads and anwser the questions.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=100459&b=21

/seerzack
Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
How many fo you are gonig to buy the Fps creatorX10?
go to my threads and answer the qustions http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=100459&b=21

/seerzack
Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry for double post my.

/seerzack
FPSC Scripts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 15:03 Edited at: 21st Feb 2007 15:06
i am going to sll some of my fps games,take a job so i can buy a vista.
in my country you can get 5000,-selling just one game.

yo yo yo.
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 07:31
I'm wondering, given the engine has improved; will the artwork also be improved?

It just seems now the engine is finally entering the Shader-era (although why 4/5 new features "can't be done in DirectX9" still baffles the hell out of me), it would make sense to also bring the models, mesh and designer into that equasion to.

This also goes for the scripting. Personally I think the whole idea of a "script language" to be totally pointless for a product like this, and providing more of a click'n'drop logic system would be easier.

You know I still wouldn't mind providing some input toward FPSCreator, run over some ideas that I personally reckon would make it a more solid product. The engine doesn't need to be tip-top, just the implimentation. New features are nice, but hopefully it's not just a cosmetic upgrade.

Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2007 16:57 Edited at: 13th May 2009 18:07
This is a question to TGC: when would you release all of the features.
If there would be allies mabye smarter Ai?

/seerzack
stevenup 7002
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2007 17:04
If I have to buy a new X10 capable computer, I'm going to have to buy 4 for the rest of the team, thats over $20,000

Co-Founder, President, CEO and Head Programmer of Motron Software. http://www.motronsoftware.com
Flix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 00:02
I'm getting vista and a dx10 card4 this (and other reasons). Is this a update for fpsc or just a new product?
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 19:04
Wawaweewa!! The graphics is just to great! and the bloom, the water reflections is just to good!

Footsteps *Under Construction*
white eagle0
Years of Service
User Offline
do we have to pay anything more to get this???

or is it the same price please say yes

o and this gives me another reasion not to sell my 4gb ram computer
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
YES! Bet that put alot of ur mind white eagle0...I'm only joking because i don't know.Sorry for being tight.

Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah you will need to pay for fpscx10.

/seerzack
pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
the demos are nice how about a short ingame action demo
ae_ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
a couple of words... I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT!

Eagle1
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice!
Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah I want to se someone play a game made whit fpscx10

/seerzack
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2007 23:42
In game action video will come in the next Newsletter. Hot off the press is we've added in Rag doll technology. So now you can blast enemies and see them tumble down and land on top of each other. It's very cool and all possible due to Direct X10 and the wonderfully new and powerful 8800s!

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
wooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that true

/seerzack
JulesD
Years of Service
User Offline
Just wondering, will Antialiasing and anisotropic filtering be standard as well?
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Just wondering, will Antialiasing and anisotropic filtering be standard as well? "

You just need to enable it on your video card control panel, or better yet set up a profile that launches specifically with FPSC.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:21:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:21:30