Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Automate 2.0 (AGK TIER 1 INSTANT DEPLOY to APK)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 21st Feb 2014 04:27 Edited at: 14th Aug 2014 07:30
Hey everybody,

Guess what! Your dreams have been realised! You can now deploy your AppGameKit app to Android with one click! That's right, no eclipse, no internet connection, no worries.

NOTICE! My version is now depreciated, check out Hockeykid's version, it's better in just about every way: http://betaforum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=211806&b=41

Or download it directly: DOWNLOAD :: 494 Mbs

Fixed in Hockeykid's version:
Common JDK issues that users were having
Will be compatible with coming Google Play upload requirements
Google Play leaderboard (and more special commands)
Much Much More!!!

APKs can be uploaded to Google Play.
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joshwebsites.seconds
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joshwebsites.taptap
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joshwebsites.math
Proof /\

Here it is:
[screenshot is from old version of the software]

<How to use it>
Simple (unlike eclipse)
1. Run the program
2. Put in all the details (AGKSplash.png is optional, this is simply a splash screen that's shown before the code starts executing, Base64 key is only required for IAP)
Hit build.
DONE!

Debug mode vs Release mode
Debug games cannot be uploaded to Google Play, but they can still be installed on a device
Release games require a keystore to sign them, you can use this TGC provided page to create one if you don't have one already: http://developer.thegamecreators.com/android/create_keystore.php

<How it Works>
It comes packaged with Apache Ant (Android Compiler) and the Android SDK (Hockeykid's mod contains the full version of the SDK, this is why it's considerably larger than the original Automayte)
It also comes with the AppGameKit Player Prebuilt (Hope that's okay with you TGC). This is a modified version of the AppGameKit Player Prebuilt that let's you use some really cool features like Google Play Leaderboards, Interstatistial screens, and access to more sensors
It does all the steps that you normally do manually, then it just compiles the project with ANT.
Simple.
It uses jarsigner (part of JDK) to sign the APK and zipalign tool (part of Android-SDK) to align it

APKBuilder.exe is written in VisualBasic.net 2012
It will automatically resize the icon you select as well as rename the .byc file

<Some Possible Problems>
You will also require the .net framework to use APKBuilder.exe

<Feature Requests>
Frame Buffer to be set (for OUYA)

That's all Folks!
ENJOY!

Let me (or hockeykid) know about any bugs you find

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Caps On!
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds good easter bunny... I will check it out!

Truth, Justice, and the Programmer's Way!
peterJBE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2014 09:40
Very interesting! I wil try it. Thanks
mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2014 12:14
just what we need for AppGameKit V1 T1 that seems to be slow in coming through official channel. probably won't be able to try/test this out anytime soon, but appreciate the work you've put in creating this much needed tool.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2014 13:01
This is very very useful for me, working on a PC at work that doesn't have access to wifi (wifi on a separate network) - so the internal compile and transmit doesn't work, this will save me a lot of time and hassle

I am the one who knocks...
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2014 23:59 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2014 02:28
Just discovered a *bug* in the released version.

If you compile as 'release', it will always come up with an error, dont' worry, it probably still worked, but your apk will be in \DATA\tmp\bin\NativeActivity-release-unsigned.apk
The reason it comes up with the error is the program normally tries to copy NativeActivity-debug.apk to APKs/[package-name].apk but because the compiler doesn't name the original APK NativeActivity-debug.apk, it can't find it and assumes the compile failed.

Sorry about this I'll fix it in the next update

Also, has anybody actually tried it yet? It works on my computer, but I have no idea if it will work for anyone else

luschie
Years of Service
User Offline
Thx for your efforts!

Sadly I don't have any clue how to get this to work with V2 files. Can someone help out maybe?
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2014 06:41
AND IT WORKS WITH GOOGLE PLAY (woo)

My newest game, Most Difficult Game, was compiled using Automayte 2.0!

To make the APK suitable for Google Play, you have to compile in Release mode, use Jarsigner and Zipalign

Anyways, check it out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joshwebsites.seconds

LittlePIC
Years of Service
User Offline
Yet to download and try but BIG THANKS for putting this together
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2014 10:14
What am I doing wrong now?

The first time I hit build it all worked fine but after the console was done and I hit OK I got a message saying "FAILED no more information is available". And there are no APKs in that folder.

Now, whenever I try to do this. After I hit OK on the first pop up I get an error sound and the console only shows for like a second or two before it closes. I have tried deleting the Automayte folder and start over but I never get the first result again.

I have no problems using version 1.

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2014 04:26 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2014 04:48
Hi Easter Bunny, I'm getting the same error as Digital Awakening, although not the subsequent problems.

I've only tried to make a debug APK but tried it on a few projects, with and without external media, and each time it comes up with the same error.

It'd be really cool if I could get this to work as I don't have Wi-Fi at home, only mobile broadband.

Edit: does this only work with beta 19? I'm using 21.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2014 09:59
I currently have 19 installed.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2014 00:41
Quote: "Sadly I don't have any clue how to get this to work with V2 files. Can someone help out maybe?"

sorry, this is AppGameKit v1 only

Digital Awakening,
All the error message means is that the program couldn't find an APK in tmp/bin

To fix the problem, try this
1. Does the folder tmp exist?
if so, try deleting it and trying again
if it still doesn't work,
2. Open AndroidManifest.xml, is the package name/version code etc in it?
if so,
3. double click the "cmd.cmd" file in tmp (this will open a command prompt in that folder)
4. type "compile debug" (WITH the quotes), this will run the batch file that compiles the folder.
What's the output?
Right click -> select all -> right click again (copies it all the to clip-board) paste the output here so I can see what it says.

29 games,
try the game thing and paste the error info here so I can look at it

the player is B19, but will have absolutely no effect on the compilation process, although it might on the stability of the game

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2014 03:14 Edited at: 24th Feb 2014 03:15
Hi Easter Bunny,

This is what I get from running cmd.cmd

I went back to beta 19 to get everything on a level playing field, as it were.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2014 04:48 Edited at: 24th Feb 2014 08:48
looks like you don't have Java installed properly

Download and install JDK , that should fix it.

btw mods, does my tool make me eligible for an AGK Tool Maker Badge?

Edit: Thanks Mr_d

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2014 08:27
just a little note to say that the JDK should include the JDE in it's install.

IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2014 20:47
Been trying to make an APK with this for hours now.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong because I get the failed error when I click the ok button after the console runs also.

I'm using AppGameKit 108.20,
got the JDK, it is installed to my program files(86) folder.

Even moved my android SDK I had before this, into a temp folder and replaced it with the one that came with the one click program.

Even tried other AppGameKit programs in the example folders, from what I assume, I am just suppose to aim this badboy (APKbuilder) at my media folder in whatever program I wish to build an APK from and its suppose to work?

noticed theres no APK for the AGKplayer in any folder, just java ones, dont know if thats normal?

If it helps, I can make a one click APK in Corona that runs perfectly on my Zeki tablet.

Anyways thanks for the program and hard work Bunny, wish it would work for me though.

It's Bird! , It's Plane!, No its a rocket powered Squirrel holding some acorns and a smile!
IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2014 22:36
Ok, not sure if this will help you any Bunny but I tried the Java demos that you download separately at Oracles site, and they would not run in either firefox nor Chrome. I got an error

java.security.accesscontrolexception:accessdenied

Now I gave up on java programming long ago so this error is new to me,

I'm sure someone has an idea how to fix this, just did not know if this was why your program was not running for me and others.

Gonna look into it later when I have the time, busy as hell right now but when I can , I'm gonna get java working properly, just as I said, been a while since I did anything with java.

Havent tried Corona's one click since I did a fresh install of java today, will though later.

It's Bird! , It's Plane!, No its a rocket powered Squirrel holding some acorns and a smile!
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2014 23:04 Edited at: 24th Feb 2014 23:24
I have tried installed both the x64 and i586 versions of the JDK with the same error. Seems like the console window hang around sometimes. Here's the debug info, I guess mine is the same as 29 games?

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2014 03:07 Edited at: 25th Feb 2014 03:09
Yep, it's the same problem,
Notice this "C:\Users\Magnus\Desktop\Automayte2\DATA\tmp>ant clean debug
"java.exe" är inte ett internt kommando, externt kommando,
program eller kommandofil
."

That means it can't find java. Try adding the Java location to the path variable
29 games, you might need to do this as well.

Iron Giant,
Can you please do the game as the others? Run cmd.cmd, type "compile debug" WITH the quotes and paste the output here?

edit: the quick way to see if it's the same problem as the others:
1. open a command prompt (Win+r -> type cmd -> hit enter)
2. type java -version and hit enter
3. Does it come up with java information? Or does it say something like "Java not found"?

If it's the second one, then you need to add Java to the path variable

SecretGhost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2014 07:20 Edited at: 25th Feb 2014 07:21
Try to move your folder to "C:\AGK\DATA\tmp\...".
It helped for me.
IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2014 07:30 Edited at: 25th Feb 2014 07:36
Worked like a charm bunny,

Forgot all about the system variables, like I said, been a long time since I messed with Java.

Just figured Java would set those itself by now.

One of the reasons I bought AppGameKit in the first place was so I didnt have to deal with anymore of that kinda stuff.

but yea, APKBuilder made an APK with no error now ,

Too sick with the flu and sleepy (1:30 am here) to test it out on my Droid,

but everything built perfectly as far as i can see.

Thanks again, you are a genius and you made one helluva cool program.

You deserve those badges that they should give ya,

AGK versions for life, the admiration of all AppGameKit programmers, and a raise!

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2014 10:24 Edited at: 25th Feb 2014 10:29
EB:
That did sort out some problems. I still get the failed message. Seems like I have a problem with the SDK now. Maybe I can sort that out myself today. And maybe this will make Eclipse work as well.

Here's my debug:

YES! I used the SDK Manager to install the build tools and now I got an APK. Going to be testing this out and Eclipse too!

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2014 15:10
YES YES YES!!!

I finally got Eclipse to work too!

Thanks a lot EB!

Mig
Years of Service
User Offline
Worked great, easter bunny!
Very useful, because i don´t get eclipse working by myself

Could you maybe add some save feature to this app?

This would speed up the managing of different projects

404 - signature not found
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2014 23:39
Yep, that's on my ToDo list

Digital Awakening,
Glad it's working for you!

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2014 13:42
I added the Java path variable but I'm still getting an error:

I checked the C drive and the Android folder's not there. I tried running Auotmayte in administrator mode (thinking it might need that to copy files to the C drive) but it didn't make any difference.

Any ideas?

IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2014 15:28 Edited at: 26th Feb 2014 15:30
29 games, do you have the Android SDK installed?.

If not you might have to install it from Google.

If you do not feel like going thru the whole process of getting the SDK right now,

you might be able to get away with making a folder called Android on your C: drive and copying over the Android-SDK folder in Bunny's automayte2\data folder to inside of the C:Android folder.

Me, I had the Google android-SDK installed but after reading bunny had a special version of it in Automaytes data folder,

I moved my original Android-SDK folder to a temp folder for safe keeping and made a copy of bunny's in my C:Android\ by dragging Bunny's Android-SDK folder over using the CTRL key.

do not copy the Data folder!, open it and just copy the android-sdk one to C:Android\.

hope it helps

Should end up having a folder named C:Android\Android-SDK with all Bunny's goodness inside of those. should be four folders inside of Bunny's version of the SDK ...Add-ons,Platforms, platform-tools and Tools, if I'm not mistaken.

The Android-SDK folder being the one from inside Automaytes Data folder. could try it, cant hurt.

If your computer somehow explodes from following my instructions, i plead temporary insanity, Just kidding...., should be fine.

But if anyone else thinks this is a bad Idea, speak up, wont hurt my feeling any.

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2014 15:47 Edited at: 26th Feb 2014 17:01
Thanks for the idea.

I started downloading the Android SDK (and everything else required for building APKs on my computer) after I posted. I Kind of thought that I should at least give that a go.

We'll see how it goes.

Edit:

YES! I have got this working!

Once I'd installed the Android SDK, I got the same error as Digital Awakening (couldn't find build tools) so I applied the same fix through the SDK manager (install build tools, it seems just the latest one is required) and Automayte was able to create the APK.

I created a debug APK that runs on my tablet so it's all good.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2014 00:08
Congrats, glad it's working for you!

It seems a few people are having problems with the Android SDK, I'll try and put some debugging stuff in the next build of Automayte that detects common problems like JDK and Android-SDK

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2014 16:59
Cheers for the tool, it's going to make my life a lot easier.

I think the main issue is knowing everything that needs setting up in order to get Automayte to work. It's not just about having Java installed, the path has to be set up correctly. Then you've got to have the Android SDK installed and that set up correctly. Maybe if you add some notes to the original post and include it in a readme then that'll alleviate some of the problems people are having.

I have to admit I found it all a bit of a faff and almost gave up. Glad I didn't but I wonder if this is why TGC seem a little reluctant to create an offline APK builder? It does make the online APK builder seem more suitable for new comers.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2014 18:53
Quote: "I have to admit I found it all a bit of a faff and almost gave up. Glad I didn't but I wonder if this is why TGC seem a little reluctant to create an offline APK builder? It does make the online APK builder seem more suitable for new comers."

This is still a lot less work than setting up Eclipse.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2014 22:52 Edited at: 27th Feb 2014 23:17
Quote: "I think the main issue is knowing everything that needs setting up in order to get Automayte to work. It's not just about having Java installed, the path has to be set up correctly. Then you've got to have the Android SDK installed and that set up correctly. Maybe if you add some notes to the original post and include it in a readme then that'll alleviate some of the problems people are having.
"

I've got some good news for you! I figured out why there were problems with the Android-sdk. If you open DATA/template/local.properties You'll notice the line sdk.dir=C:\\Android\\android-sdk, change that to sdk.dir=..\\android-sdk for a quick fix. (It'll be fixed permanently in the next version, which is coming soon!)

As for TGC not making one of these themselves, well, there's a good reason for it PM me and I'll tell you, but probs shouldn't post it here

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 04:46 Edited at: 28th Feb 2014 04:47
woot woot!

version 2.1 is here!

DOWNLOAD IT HERE :: 37.31 Mb

You can now literally do a one click deploy straight to an uploadable APK!

How to use it:
Simple (unlike eclipse)
1. Run the program
2. Put in all the details (AGKSplash.png is optional, this is simply a splash screen that's shown before the code starts executing, Base64 key is only required for IAP)
3. select Debug of Release mode
Debug games cannot be uploaded to Google Play, but they can still be installed on a device
Release games require a keystore to sign them, you can use this TGC provided page to create one if you don't have one already: http://developer.thegamecreators.com/android/create_keystore.php

New:
Saves layout
Multiple layouts
WILL NOW SIGN AND ZIP-ALIGN YOUR APK (yay!) You must have a keystore though
Icon Preview

Fixed:
Android-SDK issues

Not fixed:
Java issues, you'll still have them

Other issues:
You can't remove a project from the side-pane

TO MAKE THIS CLEAR! YOU MUST HAVE THE JDK INSTALLED, you must have it referenced in your path variable, and you must have the %JAVA_HOME% variable set.
Google how to do this if you don't know what I'm talking about Or post about it if you'd rather, but the other way's quicker

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Really great job. I just go through Eclipse and build manually, but can still see this as a very valuable time saver to many. TGC should just buy it from you for official use in V2.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 05:35
Wouldn't that be nice
I'd settle for a few shiny forum badges though (hint hint )

Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 08:01
@easter bunny

Thank you for all your efforts, I will give it a try.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 09:33
easter bunny deserves at least the AppGameKit toolmaker badge for this, perhaps more. Great work eb

Making other people's work easier without asking for anything in return is well worth rewarding. If I was still a mod you'd have a couple of nice shiny badges for this right now.

oct(31) = dec(25)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 13:58
Quote: "easter bunny deserves at least the AppGameKit toolmaker badge for this, perhaps more"

I was thinking the same thing..and then read your comment
It is done, congratulations Easter Bunny on your new badge.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 15:37
Good job Easter Bunny, I was actually working on something similar but using byte manipulation to modify the compiled manifest and resources without decompiling and recompiling it, but yours does everything I wanted mine to do and a little more!

One small bug I noticed is that if I provide a keystore file for a release build it doesn't ask for the password, so it doesn't sign the APK properly, but the debug build worked first time.
IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 16:02
I do not know if bunny is a guy or a girl, hard to tell the sex of a rabbit and I aint turnin bunny over to check.

But I say he/she gets badges, free AppGameKit for life, and a job at TGC.

I was eyeballing Corona for its one click deploy until Bunny released this, then I decide I'd go back to my favorite language AppGameKit Basic Version.

Plus still think Corona is nuts with its pricing, 200 a year, screw that.

Between this AppGameKit one click of Bunny's and Wizzkids IDE, which I hope is still being worked on, I see a brighter future for AppGameKit if these two are encouraged to continue their work, helped of course by TGC.

If you guys (TGC) are smart, and I know you are, you'll hire these people to help out, would also take the workload offa Paul and Lee and anyone else working on AGK.

Thats my opinion and its the only one that matters, wink wink.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 23:25 Edited at: 1st Mar 2014 00:46
Quote: "It is done, congratulations Easter Bunny on your new badge."

Thanks!

Quote: "One small bug I noticed is that if I provide a keystore file for a release build it doesn't ask for the password, so it doesn't sign the APK properly, but the debug build worked first time."

Ok, that's interesting, it works for me. Normally what it does is asks for the password in the second console window that pops up. It runs the batch file APKs\sign.cmd which has the single line %JAVA_HOME%/bin/jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore %1 %2 %3 (parameters are supplied by the program, %1=path to keystore, %2 = path to APK, %3 = keystore alias)
The only reason I can think of that it might not work is if you don't have the JAVA_HOME variable set. Maybe try running APKs\cmd.cmd (will open a command prompt), then type sign.cmd. Does it come up with 'option lacks argument' or 'program not found'?
If it's the first, then it's a real bug, but if it's the first, then it's probably because you don't have JDK set up exactly the way it wants

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 00:16
Quote: "if you don't have the JAVA_HOME variable set"

That was it, I had added the java bin folder to my path a while back but not set the JAVA_HOME variable. Thanks!
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 00:59
Cool!

I just released there's a logic flaw in the code meaning that it won't zipalign the APKs properly (it tries to zipalign it before it signs it). So you'll still need to manually zipalign the APKs.

There might be bigger problem though, because it zipaligns it before it signs it, I'm not sure if it will corrupt the APK. I'm about to try it out with an upload.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 01:37
I think zip aligning before signing won't harm anything, but the signing process will unalign the zip which is why the align process must be done last. In any case Google will accept unaligned zips, they just won't perform as well as aligned versions.

Incidentally I almost got it working with Facebook integration, the only thing you'd need to change is that the file MyFacebookActivity.java doesn't have it's .R value filled out with the new package name, when I manually filled that out it worked perfectly!
Mig
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey easter bunny!

Most of my agk dreams came true with the new release. Such a great work! Keep going on!

404 - signature not found
Pumpkin Software
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 12:40
Hi,
I still can't get apkbuilder to even run. I am using version 2.1 of apkbuilder, I still get "apkbuilder.exe isnt a win32 file" error on 2 different xp machines with JDK 1.7 and .net 4 installed.

Any help would be great.
luschie
Years of Service
User Offline
Can someone show me a way to get this to work with V2? That is if it's possible...
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2014 02:06
I am betting that it won't work with V2 because V1 and V2 are not byte code compatible.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2014 22:15
Quote: "I still can't get apkbuilder to even run. I am using version 2.1 of apkbuilder, I still get "apkbuilder.exe isnt a win32 file" error on 2 different xp machines with JDK 1.7 and .net 4 installed."

Ok, I'm not sure what the problem could be. What version of Windows are you running?

Quote: "Can someone show me a way to get this to work with V2? That is if it's possible..."

As Ancient Lady says, this is V1 only. I don't have V2, so I'm unable to make a V2 version of Automayte. Does V2 compile exactly the same way as V1? If so, I might be able to help you modify Automayte to build for AppGameKit v2.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 17:57:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 17:57:31