Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V105 RC1 (files only)

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 22:58
Quote: "Another request for V1.05 can we please have an ammo limit option for guns?"

I bet this post belongs in the Feature Creep forum and you know it...since you have already posted it there...
Why post it here?
There are a lot of things that people want and to be honest there are more important things than this.
If you place the ammo wisely you can control how much is in the game.
If you have just enough (or a little more) to get the job done there shouldn't be that much left over.
Efficient level design will acoomplish a lot of things.
Requests belong in the proper forum.
Everything else is just my opinion.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 23:14
Quote: "I put some rolfy spiders in my game that I want to trigger spawn on a ledge. They spawn fine and in v1.04 would come down and get me but in 1.05 they are stuck. I see their legs moving and they sure want to get me but they can't"

I'm sure I read somewhere that there is a problem with Rolfy's spiders in V1.05 as I can't imagine TGC putting in something where you can't walk of the edge of a ledge!

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 23:47
I bet this post belongs in the Feature Creep forum and you know it. Do I really? I didn't acaully
Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 00:08
Check this out.

My bad.I thought since you posted in this thread in Feature Creep that you would know that is where this belongs...
There is really no sense in arguing about it.
You posted in the post in the Feature Creep forum and you've been around long enough to know better.

I will reiterate (that means repeat) and it applies to everybody.
Please post your suggestions in the proper forum.

puppet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 01:10
Quote: "I put some rolfy spiders in my game that I want to trigger spawn on a ledge. They spawn fine and in v1.04 would come down and get me but in 1.05 they are stuck. I see their legs moving and they sure want to get me but they can't"

I know it seems odd. I need to recheck that when I get home. But I remember it as being in the "read me" file of changes that come with a patch unless I've just gone crazy. But in my effort to locate this info and read the 1.05RC1 readme I noticed this line "* Reverted to DirectX OCTOBER 2006 (d3dx9_31.dll) due to compatibility issues with 1.X Shaders"

so...should I be running that same version of directx? I thought I was and only upgraded to the april 2007 version when my bad guys broke. The april version did seem smoother but badguys still stuck in doorways and ignoring waypoints
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 01:32
Yes but this is concerning V1.05 (not arguing just pointing out)
Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
puppet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 01:40
also...nickydude, if yu can find that info on rolfy spiders I'd like to read it. I did a search and can't find anything. I know its tough though...I mean I ( we) read so much stuff about fpsc that its sometimes not easy to find the info again ( like where I read the edge collision thing )

I looked at the FPI and FPE scripts on rolfyspiders and didn't see anything in them that would trigger a strange new behavior due to v1.05. Except maybe the wall crawlers. But Then again I'm an animator not a programmer but the scripts are all about distance to player and animations that should trigger based on these distances. Didn't see anything that would detect drops in elevation. But then again I didn't see anything in the stock ememies scripts that would make them spawn in a wall or get stuck in doorways. Still haven't ruled out that its just something buggy in my map seeing as how -in its current state - it wouldn't even build in v1.04 without a crash.
( previous versions before the crash are what I used to test and compare with 1.05 and see the new behaviors)
puppet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 01:56
nevermind... I found a couple posts staing spider problems although different in nature. My spiders work basicly, they've just become afraid of heights.
Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree with FredP that this thread should be specifically for problems with the update and everything else should go in feature creep. He did post in my thread so you can argue with him there.

I was still having those lighting issues before my PC died, sometimes whole segments would be dark. As a personal opinion, I don't think preventing characters from falling off ledges is a good idea. There are more cases where the person would want the character to fall off the ledge than keeping them from falling off.
puppet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 08:16
ahah here we go nickydude. i found the features in the readme for v1.05RC2 and the second feature from the bottom may be causing my spider problem:
* Modified firewall detection so that a true IP Address is detected and used for info and HOSTING (whatismyip.php)
* Restored ability for lightmapper to delete old lightmap files, which caused game sizes to swell over time
* Modified BUMPBONE shader so full effect characters are not semi-transparent by default
* Added additional thread and memory checks to the lightmapper, to catch unusual behaviour on some systems
* Added parameter to USEWEAPON FPI action to allow the throwing of flak to provide strength (100=full/50=half)
* Updated the core AI scripts for all default characters, giving them a more direct purpose (more predicatable behaviour)
* Added collision data to all voids in a scene so characters cannot run off ledges - better behaviour overall
* Added collision data radar to entity debug information mode so collision intera"ctions can be visualised"

although the spider seems to drop to the floor ifhe's surrounded by walls ( a 100x100 room segment) and just remove the floor. prettty scary stuff when it works. but I still can't get a consistant build.sometimes some things work and others don't and viceversa. its just hard to tweak levels when the slightest alteration breaks somethiong else
pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
i have seen others having problems with models with v5 patch.
all my custom charectors have a big triangle like the com,
in front of them, they are ok in v4.
did lee change the grid size, thus afecting the charectors
and models position, i use max and have tried a lot of things to
cure this problem without success,yes i did try hiding all in max
but they are fine in v4.also i cant use lightmaping properly
and shaders, i have a nvidia 6600 512 pcie card, is this problem down to nvidia cards only, as some people say they dont have any
problems,
puppet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 20:58
I am at an impass right now with my level and think I'll just put it on the back burner until the official v1.05 is released and will maybe address the issues i'm having. Even though I can manage to get rolfy spiders to behave like I want by manpulating walls and floors in such a way they do drop in on me, I can't get enemies to NOT spawn in walls ( about 100 units from where I put them) or custom characters ( as well as some stock characters) to not get stuck in doorways. Its still just a Release Candidate and I'm not even sure what version of DirectX I should be using anymore. ( I've tried them all). I think it wise to let the dust settle before making tweaks and "fixes" to get things to work when they may not in subsequent RC's or the final release. but its so addicting it's tough to put down. Plus I've been working on this stupid level forever...scrapping it all and starting over when v1.04 kept crashing on build and the 1.05's came out. I guess I can work on the cinematics now.

screengrabs just for the heck of it[img]null[/img]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 01:08
Quote: "ahah here we go nickydude. i found the features in the readme for v1.05RC2"

Ahh yes, I forgot about that

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 21:40
whenever I put a light in my level fpsc crashes and i get a microsoft visual C++ runtime error.
psylent letterz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 14:16 Edited at: 14th May 2007 14:23
How do you install the update?

I downloaded that files but the "installer" version looks about the the "files" version.

what you should have is a post entitled "updated version" or something NOT "V105RC1..."
then post the latest version and with simple instructions on how to install it. Then Close and lock the thread then make it a sticky.

That way a user doesnt need to wade through so much crap to find the Update.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 14:36 Edited at: 17th May 2007 14:37
I hope that with all the updates that are coming out that they will fix the Save/Load system. It doesnt save the positions of dynamic entities properly. When a saved game is loaded many are facing the wrong way.

Except for that I have had no issues that I can confirm as be with just V105.

So far so good.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. FPSC is Getting better. Now if we can just keep the ball rolling.
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 20:04
Forgive me if this question has already been addressed, I didn’t want to go trough 9 pages reading over 200 posts... On the first page it says these are just files. Is there an install available now?

Carsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 21:40
The main problem I experience with this patch (RC2) is that all the lightmapping is very bad looking...Like when simple crates are in any light they are bright white and if you flip them over they are completely black. Also most things don't even appear to be lighted correctly. When will the next update come out?

Elddem The MMORPG - DarkBasic Pro Development
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2007 00:29
yes

EOT
[img][/img]
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The main problem I experience with this patch (RC2) is that all the lightmapping is very bad looking...Like when simple crates are in any light they are bright white and if you flip them over they are completely black. Also most things don't even appear to be lighted correctly. When will the next update come out?"

This sounds more like a shader and/or driver problem. Always make sure you have the very latest version of DirectX 9, and that the drivers of your graphics card are up to date. Easiest fix to the shader problem is to turn the shaders OFF, since FPSC tends to have serious problems with them.

And the next update (the 1.05 -final or newer) will be done when it's done, most likely after the release of FPSCX10...
Carsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2007 05:46
Quote: "This sounds more like a shader and/or driver problem. Always make sure you have the very latest version of DirectX 9, and that the drivers of your graphics card are up to date. Easiest fix to the shader problem is to turn the shaders OFF, since FPSC tends to have serious problems with them.

And the next update (the 1.05 -final or newer) will be done when it's done, most likely after the release of FPSCX10..."

I know that my DX is updated to the latest...I am running the April Update. I have the latest NVIDIA drivers for my SLi cards. I will try it without the Shaders on as your probably right, since I haven't heard like one good thing about having them on.

Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
where can i find the downloader lal i managed to delete my harddrive by typing a letter wrong in irc. i dont want to know what would happen if i tried copying that stuffs.
Cleve Blakemore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 17:48
If shaders don't work (neither do my lights) can you sell this as a commercial product with those features listed on the home page? If the "update" breaks most of the important features listed for the product, is it still a commercial product that can be sold for profit?

The best game to work on is the one you enjoy playing the most.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2007 00:23 Edited at: 24th May 2007 00:23
oops....

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
fred in one of your posts you said the rsc2 thing is in a sticky here :/ i cant find it :0

is there an installer anywhere for any of these things i will end up deleting my harddrive lol
mister shakes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2007 20:12
To those with lighting and shader problems, way back on the first page Lee said he reverted to Oct '06 DX, I think it was. I had the same problem until I did that, and this fixed it. Even though Vista rearranged all the entities.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 18:19
The lightmapping is just horrible for me. It lightmaps some segments on not the others, etc.

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Then change it, geez.

I like my sig.
Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
you cant just "change" it. geez
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 20:52
Slayer - Try turning off shaders, they seem to do weird things to the lightmap

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 29th May 2007 02:02
It seems we have lost the use of scancodekeypressed in this update. That's not good.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 02:23
OK well that may be why some of your scripts don't work.
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "you cant just "change" it. geez"

Yes you can ,in the setup file, unless you already did and that didnt work.

I like my sig.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 03:41
Quote: "It seems we have lost the use of scancodekeypressed in this update. That's not good."

scancodekeypressed works fine for me.Did you upgrade to 5.1 or 5.2 (the very latest)?I have upgraded to 5.2.
It might be something else or you might have to try one of the tried and true fixes...which range from uninstalling updates to go back to v1 and installing 5.2 or whatever.
That does suck that it wouldn't work for you.

Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
where can i find the propper installer
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 16:44
If you can't read this thread and find it that's your problem.It's in posts on three different pages.
There's no sense in posting the link every day because people just won't read.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 05:13
argh, lee, please hurry up and get another update out!

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
CBStudios
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 06:56 Edited at: 5th Jun 2007 07:48
[MOD EDIT : Please dont be offensive - to anyone. Thank you : MOD EDIT] Cause honestly it is not smart leaving an old link up for people now is it ?

FPS Creator Patch Coming "When it's done" from TGC for the PC.
Mickm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 07:05
Well not sure what to say to that lol...

Your location isn't very nice either. Yes, it would be nice if they edited the first post all the time to reflect the changes, but people have their own style of posting. You have to live with it. Personally, they should update the FPSCreator's website with all current release candidates and all the patches. Just a simple page saying;

Current Version 1.05 RC2 -> Download here
Version 1.05 RC1 -> Download Here
Version 1.04 RC10 -> Download Here
... etc ...

http://www.gamestack.org
http://onlinenotes.gamestack.org
http://onlinebookmarks.gamestack.org
CBStudios
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 07:15
thanks for reminding me of location thing forgot about it

FPS Creator Patch Coming "When it's done" from TGC for the PC.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 07:19
well I can see a problem with your swearing, you should edit that out quick.
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 14:29
To whom it may concern...
The link to the lastest RC is posted 3 or 4 times.We shouldn't have to post it in every other post.If you read the thread you will find it.

Pertti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 15:49
Ragdolls to classic FPSC. NOW!
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 17:59
Yes sir!

EOT
[img][/img]