Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Mystic-Mod: Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2011 01:39 Edited at: 31st Oct 2011 01:41
i guess then what is happening with the night vision is a script that puts a hud filter on a plane in front of all and then all ambience lighting is 100 meaning no dark areas, and when turn off the ambience resets maybe

as to the blurry vission i have no bloomin idea.

but this is totally interseting me.

maybe the film is a run of huds which then added coding to strip colour, but then he has normal maps meaning there is some shading must be a way

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2011 19:25
@squalker, I'm getting the same results using option 2 as I was before. Still shows up as zero and the increments when I destroy the entity. Really puzzled by this one.

What would happen if I declared and instantiated the variable in a trigger zone script? Would the HUD update? Guess I'm gonna give that a whirl.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2011 19:33 Edited at: 31st Oct 2011 19:34
Something else... placing the following in a trigger zone causes the game to quit immediately no matter what value I place in it

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 31st Oct 2011 19:36
Quote: "Something else... placing the following in a trigger zone causes the game to quit no matter what value I place in it"

That's because quitgame doesn't accept any arguments.

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2011 19:37
Gotcha but wouldn't the prior condition block it from ever executing that command? Or is it just causing a crash 'cause I put a "1" there?
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2011 19:41
Quote: "Gotcha but wouldn't the prior condition block it from ever executing that command?"

Oh, you meant that you changed the varequal value. It's strange that you're getting all of these problems now, everything worked fine when I tested it. I'll do some more thorough tests though.

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2011 00:36 Edited at: 1st Nov 2011 05:50
Quote: "What would happen if I declared and instantiated the variable in a trigger zone script? Would the HUD update? Guess I'm gonna give that a whirl."

if your going to have different amounts of invasive on each level.... then add the following to the levelsetup.fpi

This will make sure each level Invasive setting start where you want..

Give that a try m8

-Squalker
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2011 17:03
Hey...completely off topic but...

The Beach Boys Smile Sessions were released today. Please everyone go find it and experience heaven on earth. Make sure you find the version released today, Nov. 1, and not Smiley Smile or an old bootleg.

Norion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2011 22:12
Hey Budokaimen.

How is it going with the "character walking stairs" feature ? I am designing some levels that I would like to build in X10. So I really want to know if you think that feature is actually going to work.

thanks.

N.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2011 23:26
Quote: "How is it going with the "character walking stairs" feature ? I am designing some levels that I would like to build in X10. So I really want to know if you think that feature is actually going to work."

I haven't had any time to work on that. When I do have some free time, I usually spend it working on the secret feature.

Norion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2011 17:32
Quote: "I haven't had any time to work on that. When I do have some free time, I usually spend it working on the secret feature."

Okay, thanks for replying.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 14:35
I just opened up the ticket system on the Sourceforge page. I added the sound system request and the AI stairs request. If you guys have any other requests or bug reports you can post them there or here (you don't need an SF account to post a ticket). If you post them here I'll create a ticket anyway, and I'll update the status of it on the SF ticket, so you'll have a better idea of when something is being worked on or fixed.
https://sourceforge.net/p/mystic-mod/tickets/

Who says famine has to be depressing?
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 21:22
Hey Budo, I've going through the source a bit lately and I'm thinking I'd like to try to get up to speed in dbx10. Hopefully, i can help a bit eventually.

Any pointers for where to get started? I understand the basic layout but I've never looked at the syntax in much detail so some of it is a bit confusing. Am thinking I may try to make some alterations on the decals to allow for longer sequences as a first task to get my bearings in the code.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 21:40
Quote: "Any pointers for where to get started?"

Download DBP free and go through the help docs. It'll tell you every command and what they do. Once you're acquainted with the syntax, go to the code snippets board here on the forums and take a look around at some peoples' (s', 's ?) code and just try to get used to what everything's doing.

Quote: "try to make some alterations on the decals to allow for longer sequences as a first task to get my bearings in the code."

I actually looked, and you should be able to have as many frames as you want.

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 22:00
Okay, I was actually looking at it now too and didn't see a hard value for it. I'll give it a whirl again and see what gives.

I've compiled the source successfully etc so I'm at least to that stage but yeah, help docs sound like a good idea.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 22:18
Okay so I think I know what is happening.

I just made a new decal that 4 by 8 (1024 by 2048). Set up the decalspec properly and gave it a run. When you run it, you see the entire sequence correctly but it shows two copies of it, one above and one below. When I saw this before, I thought it meant that it was ignoring the down = 8 and just playing it like it would a 4 by 4 decal, thus two messed up animations. However, the animations are not messed up and the two copies play identically.

So, something weird is going on in the math I think - in the way that the image is being parsed and displayed.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 22:22
I'm not entirely sure what you mean that it's creating two copies of it.

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 22:34
I'll make a quick video. Hard to explain. It also squashes both of them a bit - again making it look like it is running through the sequence 4x4 but it's not. Or at least to my eyes.

Video shortly. Sorry I can't explain it better. For some reason, it's really difficult.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 22:50
http://vimeo.com/31658056

After seeing this video, I take back what I said. I think it is just ignoring the down= 8 and playing this like it is a 4x4 decal, thus the image ratio distortion and the "duplicate" copies. At the end of the video, you will see that they are not synchronous.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 23:01
Unrelated to the current topic...just a quick question.

What does lightintensity do exactly? Is it meant to be part of a dynamic light script or is it for ambient light?
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 23:26 Edited at: 5th Nov 2011 23:34
Aha, I think I've found the problem. Quite simple too:

so that fix will be in the next beta.

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2011 00:24
Very cool. I'm still looking at the code a bit confused but from what I can guess it is keeping a constant value for decals.

On a side note, while looking around at the source code I noticed this:

Honestly, I had no idea that we had an environment map shader we could use on entities. Here is a crate inappropriately reflecting the sun.

[img][/img]

NEATO!
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2011 00:38
WHEEEEE, it works. I'll make a comparison video soon showing what it did before, and what it does now.

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2011 00:39
BADA$$!! Oh...there's gonna be some sick decal packs coming out soon.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2011 01:53
Le video:

As you can see in the first run, it wasn't cutting the image correctly, so you see 2 colours, in the second run it only displays one colour block per frame, like it should.

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2011 02:03
This is VERY exciting!! Now we can do things like...for instance...make a cinema screen or TV set with actual content, make window "blinds" that show shadows moving in the background, project complex "lighting" effects on to walls, have multiple sequences in a single decal (and associate that decal with entities) and in general just have smoother animated 2D effects.

FANTASTIC, Budo!!
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2011 03:15
I added a new ticket, for decal speed, I think that would be pretty useful. Do you have any other ideas for decal functions that could help you?

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2011 16:03
Other than the functions you have already created, the only other thing I can think of right now is the ability to reverse playback direction.

This is sooo cool, btw.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2011 16:41
Quote: "Other than the functions you have already created, the only other thing I can think of right now is the ability to reverse playback direction."

Added, until the next beta, you could still do this in script.

And let me know if you find any bugs (I'm kind of expecting them, because I didn't do any testing).

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2011 16:44
Testing right now. Building some long sequences. If there are bugs, I should be able to ferret them out.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2011 18:00
I think there is an issue with speed right now. When I use it, it causes a gap in the loop but doesn't slow the animation rate. In other words, the animation plays at full speed but then there is a pause (with nothing visible) before the loop plays again.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2011 18:05
Quote: "I think there is an issue with speed right now. When I use it, it causes a gap in the loop but doesn't slow the animation rate. In other words, the animation plays at full speed but then there is a pause (with nothing visible) before the loop plays again."

Okay, I'll have a look, I think I know the problem.

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 17:07
Where is everyone, btw?

Maybe it's time to release another model. I've got this really nice snow mobile but there's an issue with some of the normals being flipped on one side of it so I've not released it yet. But maybe I will get on that today. Would like to see more activity here. Free stuff seems to usually bring a few people out.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 17:09
@Srealist:
Did you come across any more bugs, or was the speed one all? If that was the only one, I may send out a quick patch for it.

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 17:18
I just got into the office and only ran a quick test yesterday. Gimme about an hour to run a few more tests. Thanks!
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 17:27
Quote: "I just got into the office and only ran a quick test yesterday. Gimme about an hour to run a few more tests. Thanks!"

Okay, no problem, thanks for testing.

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 17:34
I'll just post 'em as I come across 'em.

It doesn't appear that speed does anything right now. I tried one decal at speed = 20 (declared in the fpe) and the same decal without the speed parameter and they both run identically. Also, the gap occurs in both of 'em. across = 4, down = 16

Next I will start playing with the FPI commands. I will use 4x4 decals so as not to confuse the issues.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 17:42
Quote: "It doesn't appear that speed does anything right now. I tried one decal at speed = 20 (declared in the fpe) and the same decal without the speed parameter and they both run identically. Also, the gap occurs in both of 'em. across = 4, down = 16"

Yep, I've fixed this one. Also, the time is in milliseconds and X10 runs decals at a default speed of 20 ms, so 20 and 0 are the same. try 6000 and it should be 1S difference between frames.

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 17:45
:state=0:rundecal=2
:state=0:setdecalspeed=5

This generates an array out of bounds error. But as I am reading your new post I think I understand why. I was thinking it was 0-100. Gotcha.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 17:52
Quote: "This generates an array out of bounds error."

I'll see if I can fix this, it will probably do the same for the other .fpi commands too.

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 17:59
Yeah, it's doing it regardless of the value I assign
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 18:02
One other thing I thought of that would be really useful would be the ability to move decals. Right now, you can't use movefore, floatrate, etc. on decals.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 20:37 Edited at: 12th Nov 2011 21:03
hi guys, been on holiday for 2 weeks,is there a way to attach a decal to a moving entity, they have them attached to the chugshot, so i am guessing it is possible, this would totally make a fireball more firebally than the x model being launched with great damage and explosion, but if attached a good decal it would kick ass

well ignore some of that so how do you attach a decal to a bullet or an entity

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 21:17
It in fpe file you must declare the decal like this for instance:

;Decals
decalmax = 1
decal0 = srealist_particle02

Then in the main fpi file you must use the action rundecal. For instance

rundecal=2 will make the decal loop and face the player.

I use a box mesh with a 64x64 texture and a black alpha. This way you can see the entity in the editor but it is invisible in game, showing only the decal.

I posted a video a while back showing this technique along with some spawning settings to create particle effects. It's pretty neato.

http://vimeo.com/27361251
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2011 03:26 Edited at: 25th Nov 2011 03:28
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=191301&b=21

is a link for the new un official wasp and beta 119 for fpsc, and more notable is under that download is the shaders from bond 1

you know rain gas mask blurr and night vision etc. question is would you 2 guys want to have a look and see if you can implant them into x10?
you 2 guys meaning srealist and budo and squalker and thoughtwire and anyone else to that really!

waiting on baited breath

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2011 13:33
Hi Guys,

I want to help you guys out and donate to help keep you guys going.

Budo has been a wealth of help to me and i want to help you guys.

Now, I'm not the richest guy, but, i can donate. What sort of thing has other people been donating. I don't want to be a skinflint!

You can email the answer if you want.

Unfamillia

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2011 16:43
@Unfamillia:
£10 is a good amount, that's what gets you the private betas and the other donor exclusive stuff (list is on the first post, at the bottom).

Quote: "you know rain gas mask blurr and night vision etc. question is would you 2 guys want to have a look and see if you can implant them into x10?
you 2 guys meaning srealist and budo and squalker and thoughtwire and anyone else to that really!"

The shaders would have to be converted to X10 shaders, which unfortunately, none of us really understand.

reauirentem
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2011 19:39
Ok, Donation just sent, I will donate again once i am feeling flush! We need to keep you guys going!

Unfamillia

Norion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 12:21
Hey,

would'nt lipsync be a great feature ?

N.

adriaan
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey i am a noob and i installed mystic mod i get this strange error[img]null[/img] can some one please help me?

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:30:10
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:30:10