Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Mystic-Mod: Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
@budo no joy still the shaders are pants. i ask you to make a game with lights and full d2,n,s textures and stuff and make a decent sized one, make lots of decor entities then add a decal or 2 with lighting as well. just want to check if it is my system or if it is an x10 bug

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 26th Sep 2012 20:19
Sorry for the late reply, I've been rather busy lately. I can't get to testing it now, but I'll try it out next time I'm free (I'll be able to test it on Friday) and I'll get back to you with the results then.

3DS friend code: 0044-2895-5474
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2012 17:19
@science boy:

I just did some tests, I never saw the problem that you were having. Maybe check your setuplevel file, make sure that your huds are all pointing to the right files.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
ok cheers fella i will give it a test

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 13:06
@Budokaiman
I just thought I'd say, since I don't think you visit the X9 forums too often, that I am currently the main developer of the X9 Community Mod, and I just thought I'd let you know that you can feel free to rip whatever feature you wish from it, provided that credit to the authors of that feature is included of course :p
Slow-motion would be pretty cool in X10.

The FPSCreator Community Mod - Free, open-source, community developed

I am aware that Mystic is currently on hold, but I just thought I'd let you know that you can do this :p

-TZK

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
now that would be awesome.

@ budo, i erased all and re installed and am adding bit by bit and i am having success, so i shall slowly add until i pinpoint my obvious file error.

again cheers fella, hopefully have a running demo for end of next week

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 15:57
@TZK:

Thanks for the offer. When / if I ever decide to start working on this again, I'll look into the mod, and see about adding things.

@science boy:
Awesome, looking forward to playing the demo. I hope that nothing goes wrong in that time.

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 14:34
Since i installed an SSD in my gaming rig, i have only installed FPSC X9. This isn't anything against you, its due to the amount of features available! The main one being the post shaders!

I know it isn't Mod related as its a shader, but, is it possible to have post shaders using Mystic?

I am going to reinstall X10 tonight. I absolutely hate building a map in X9. Event the editor is pixelated. Then there is the load times and obviously the mem cap.....(i know you can disable that, but, it's extremely buggy if you do!)

This was just to let you guys know that i have tried the grass and it was definitely not greener. (apart from post effect shaders)

Unfamillia

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 14:36
Quote: "but, is it possible to have post shaders using Mystic?"

By post shaders, do you mean fullscreen shaders? If so, then yes. That's how the bloom and stuff work in X10, so it would be possible to create other shaders as well.

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 14:41
No. By Post Shaders i meant shaders that can be activated using a trigger zone like the ones that Bond1 made. Here

I have downloaded a few from UziIdiot. He has made some very nice looking 'pain' shaders.

If these would be available in X10, i would be very happy. (i know there is issues surrounding the PS version and i know X10 uses PS4)

I'm not asking someone to port them over as i know the whole shader would have to be written from the ground up, but, if anyone reading this knows what to do, let me know!!!

Unfamillia

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 14:43
Quote: "No. By Post shaders I meant shaders that can be activated using a trigger zone like the ones that Bond1 made. Here "

Ah, currently there is no way to activate shaders by script, but that's mostly because there are no shaders to activate. If you are able to ever get other shaders to work in X10, it could easily be implemented to have them be activated by script.

yashasp9
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you add the etimer commands in the next update?
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2012 17:54
Quote: "Can you add the etimer commands in the next update?"

Local timers are already in Mystic-Mod.

You can find the conditions here, and the actions here

yashasp9
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks!
yashasp9
Years of Service
User Offline
Where can I find the built in variables list?
yashasp9
Years of Service
User Offline
First of all, are there any built in variables?
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 15:01
Quote: "First of all, are there any built in variables?"

Don't know how I missed your last post, but no, there are no built in variables.

yashasp9
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok then.
yashasp9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 04:07 Edited at: 12th Nov 2012 04:11
Is there going to be another update?And if there is going to be one, can you add a input hud for addbankfromuser and add a command so that only a limited amount of money can be added or drawn ?
yashasp9
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried changing realgameview to 1 but fpsc crashes.Why is it so?
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2012 16:11
Quote: "I tried changing realgameview to 1 but fpsc crashes.Why is it so?"

I'm not familiar with this action. Are you sure that is a FPSCx10/MM action?

But then again, I haven't worked in the engine for a while. What is it supposed to do?
yashasp9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2012 17:02 Edited at: 13th Nov 2012 17:05
What is a MM action? It is supposed to run the test game like the real game when built.(example- without the Mystic Mod appearing at the left side of the screen.)
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2012 17:12
Quote: "What is a MM action?"

MM = Mystic-Mod, so an MM action would be an FPI action specific to Mystic-Mod.

It's possible that realgameview is a non-functioning setting (you're initialising it in the .ini?) I've never seen it before, I don't think it will make any difference from regular debug though. If you're going to be building and releasing your game, it's better to test a fully built copy than it would be to use that realgameview command.

yashasp9
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to make a tutorial video where the player steps on the story zone and the video tutorial appears on the screen.I want to record the video in the test game itself but it shows mystic Mod at the left side of the screen which I dont want in my video.I can do this by building the game but it takes too much time for each video as I have to build a level for each video.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2012 14:19
Quote: "I want to make a tutorial video where the player steps on the story zone and the video tutorial appears on the screen.I want to record the video in the test game itself but it shows mystic Mod at the left side of the screen which I dont want in my video.I can do this by building the game but it takes too much time for each video as I have to build a level for each video."

I'm not entirely sure about this, but the text might not show when recording the video. The reason I'm not sure is, when taking a screenshot, I know that you can take one with or without HUDS (wich will also hide the text), I'm just not sure if a video will hide HUDS as well.

yashasp9
Years of Service
User Offline
I am not going to use the built in recorder as the quality is very less and if I increase the quality my framerate becomes very less.
yashasp9
Years of Service
User Offline
So, is there any other way?
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2012 05:05
You'll just have to build the level each time. If you're that dedicated to making a game, it'd be worth the time, yeah?

Cheesehead for life.
yashasp9
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I was planning on doing it the hard way.
yashasp9
Years of Service
User Offline
Can someone answer my question in the previous post I, made
Quote: "Is there going to be another update?And if there is going to be one, can you add a input hud for addbankfromuser and add a command so that only a limited amount of money can be added or drawn ? "
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 14:55
Quote: "Is there going to be another update?"

Unless TGC decide to start selling X10 again, there won't be any more updates.

yashasp9
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to add a radar?Like in x9?
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 12:20
I just had a quick reread of this thread, and I'd just like to say that the "realgameview" option in setup.ini defines whether you are running a built game or not. It crashes in a non-built game (test games) because there is no data for a built game present, so it tries to find data that doesn't exist.

-TZK

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 17:07
Hey Budo,

I just installed on this Alienware beast that I got and thought you might find it amusing that I get 800 FPS with MM (so long as shadows are turned off). With shadows around 500.

Was wondering if there was ever a fix to the skybox problem. That is, when you set the skybox in test game, it always defaults back to "5". Had thought maybe this was just some weird issue I was having but I just did a fresh install on a new machine and nothing about the installation is personal to me - just stock x10 and then MM. Anyway, not a biggie as it is easily fixed for a given project by editing its settings manually. Just curious.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 18:28
Quote: "I just installed on this Alienware beast that I got and thought you might find it amusing that I get 800 FPS with MM"

Wow, that is impressive. Now see what it takes to drop that below 30.

Quote: "Was wondering if there was ever a fix to the skybox problem. That is, when you set the skybox in test game, it always defaults back to "5"."

No, there wasn't. I'm not sure why I didn't fix that when I fixed the underwater colour problem, they're pretty much the same bug. I guess I must have forgotten about it.

TheXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2013 10:50
How do I disable the money/bank system?? I don't want the HUD to show up, cause it's making my game show something that isn't used.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2013 12:24 Edited at: 9th Mar 2013 00:02
@TheXD (When your post shows up):

You can disable them by modifying your setuplevel.fpi, located in:
C:\Users\$Username\my documents\FPSC X10 Files\languagebank\english\gamebank\mygame

Just comment out (put a semi-colon in front of) the lines following my comment of "VV money and bank huds, can be commented out if money and bank aren't used in game."

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2013 15:03
Things are far to quite here... need to make something while I wait for reloaded..
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 12:47
@budokaiman - i have awarded you a new FPSC Tool Maker badge in recognition of the work you are doing with X10.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 13:01
Quote: "@budokaiman - i have awarded you a new FPSC Tool Maker badge in recognition of the work you are doing with X10."

Well deserved. A bit late i feel, but, very well deserved. Budo has done a whole lot for the X10 community.

Congrats on your new shiny badge Budo!

Unfamillia

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 13:48
Thank you very much, I'll wear it with pride.

Also, @Squalker:
I sent you an email a while back, not sure if you've gotten it though (I had this problem of people not getting my emails for a while, so I can resend if you didn't get it).

"Giraffe is soft, Gorilla is hard." - Phaelax
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 15:41
Quote: "Also, @Squalker:
I sent you an email a while back, not sure if you've gotten it though (I had this problem of people not getting my emails for a while, so I can resend if you didn't get it).
"

No I never got it... I will email you my address again in case you have an older one..
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 16:11
Quote: "No I never got it... I will email you my address again in case you have an older one.."

I did indeed have an older address for you, I just re-sent to your new address.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
congrats budo, a well deserved badge

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2013 03:59
@budokaiman

I thought I'd blow the dust off my X10 and install it with the latest Mystic Mod and was pleasantly surprised. The addition of Airmod and some of the other features really give X10 a boost in the right direction.

However there are still a few things in X10 which really need to be sorted out:

1) Players weapon is not affected by lights. You can place a static light in the level walk right up to it and the players weapon will be completely unaffected.

2) The lightmapping in X10 is very poor compared to X9. I don't understand why this would have been changed as the X9 lightmapping is very good but you can put the lightmap quality to 100 in X10 and its still not good.

3) Even with v1.11 when you build a game there are files missing which prevent you from playing it until you've copied all the button icons etc across from program files. This is ridiculous.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2013 01:03
@Nomad Soul:

Thanks, I'll take a look into those issues as there have been a few other issues that have popped up that should be fixed. I will probably be uploading a new version at some point that fixes most of the current issues, and I've got some ideas for after that, but that will come in time.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2013 18:05
Thanks budokaiman

I think your mod is great but X10 itself is letting the mod down because the lighting / lightmapping is just horrbile right now.

Why this was actually made worse than X9 is very strange given the perceived extra graphical horsepower that X10 was supposed to bring to the table.

cobracon2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 03:38
I just wanted to say Thank you for making such a great mod. Do you plan on still updating this? Cause I would like to make a few new games and this gave me a great fps boost.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 12:33
Quote: "Do you plan on still updating this? Cause I would like to make a few new games and this gave me a great fps boost."

I don't want to say a whole lot yet, but yes, expect some news in the next few weeks or so.

pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
@budokaiman
looking forward to what you have been doing,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 16:01:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 16:01:31