Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Creating a shape

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there, im trying to make a little game like "Super Hexagon", I am currently trying to add in hexagons which have one opening for the player to fit through. I tried making a sprite and scaling it, then shrinking it towards the player. But having the sprite scaled large made the sprite look ugly (obviously), and there were also some other problems. is it possible for me to make a sprite in the shape of a hexagon with an opening, while still keeping the width of the hexagon's lines.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2019 12:19
I've just Googled the game to get an idea of what you expect and I think there is a better way to achieve what you are trying to achieve.

If I were making this game, I would not consider the polygons to be a complete sprite but instead I would make sprites of each edge of the polygons and transform and translate them to form the desired shape and size.
That would also make collision detection easier.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Apr 2019 01:53
You can search the forum for a 2d line function made of a sprite its pretty simple, then create line sprites with desired width and height you can even create joints between them making them a bit vibrating or collapsing... Some physics animations

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:34:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:34:00