Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Project Apex Official Thread

Author
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 05:43 Edited at: 25th Sep 2011 00:06
About:
Project Apex will be a "fresh start" it will be going in a different direction than Project Blue and has/will expand the features of FPSC. Project Apex is currently in production and will be a paid mod, the price is undetermined at this point.

Current Version: In-production

Features:
Limb Scaling through scripting
Anti alias
Anisotropic Filtering
Waiting To Join bug fixed
UN-Hardcode multiplayer animations
Team Death Match (With Friendly Fire option)
Allow for developers to send their own values across multiplayer (using mpsenddata=x y and supporting conditions)

Detailed Additions List:

Foot Note:
All Project Blue owners from the beginning of Project Blue to 2/20/2011 will get a discounted price.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 05:46
Awesome-and-I-have-first-post

I am Southern, and I love Grits. Feel free to ask me what grits are if your a yankee
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 05:55
Is it to early to get an answer as to how much focus there will be on performance inprovement, as far as pushing the limit on poly count in scene?
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is it to early to get an answer as to how much focus there will be on performance inprovement, as far as pushing the limit on poly count in scene?"

Hi John,
I share this concern with you too, and believe it or not I have been looking into this and may have found a possible solution. If all goes as planned the results should be rather stunning.

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 06:09
Sounds like another mod worth buying

Quote: "Limb Scaling through scripting"

I'm a bit slow, so could you explain what this basically means? First thing that comes to my (hopeful) mind is dismemberment

That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 06:11
HockeyKid,
I know you have been beating your brains out pumping out some awesome stuff for FPSC, along with the others that help you, and the poly count limit is what is causing me the most work right now.
I will be watching this thread.

sidenote: HokeyKid, another project? Seriously? lol
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm a bit slow, so could you explain what this basically means? First thing that comes to my (hopeful) mind is dismemberment"

Well the commands are currently:
scalelimbx=x y
scalelimby=x y
scalelimbz=x y

X is the "limb index number" that you set while setting up a character for limb detection and y is the size %. So, I guess if you wanted to you could scale a limb to 0,0,0 which would make him appear to be missing a limb.

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 06:22
So you could basically make a head disappear with a nice gory effect when shot, or even make Resident Evil 5-style swelling which leads to an explosion, with additional scripting of course.

Sounds really nice! This, and the promised hugely increasing performance alone is making the purchase decision pretty easy

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 06:35 Edited at: 21st Feb 2011 06:49
Anisotropic Filtering Off

Anisotropic Filtering at 16

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 06:36
Quote: "All Project Blue owners from the beginning of Project Blue to 2/20/2011 will get a discounted price.
"

Do I get a discounted price if I preorder?
Will all project blue features be included as well?

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Do I get a discounted price if I preorder?"

At the moment there is no preordering.

Quote: "Will all project blue features be included as well? "

No

ToastyFresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Interesting. What is limb scaling?

Yes, it is me.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 07:09
Cool, but what happens to project blue? Will it be sbandonned?

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Cool, but what happens to project blue? Will it be sbandonned?"

I made a post on the Project Blue thread that explains all of that.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 07:18
I saw that now
I always read the posts from the top and down...

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 10:39
Quote: "Project Apex will be a "fresh start" it will be going in a different direction than Project Blue and has/will expand the features of FPSC. Project Apex is currently in production and will be a paid mod, the price is undetermined at this point."

Looks promising! Before this "fresh start" though, will you be able to make Project Blue make a game that doesnt crash every second?

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
This mod looks very promising.

You said that Project Blue users will get a discount; I hope this is true as ~£18 for a mod that can no longer be expanded on is a bit of a downer so if there is a discount, I hope it is a decent one.

Quote: "Waiting To Join bug fixed"

I've been looking at the feature list... I'm guessing that I could use Project Blue for my single player progress and this 'Project Apex' could be an amazing improvement on visuals and eventually multiplayer? *nudge*
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 15:43
Ohhh this is the new thread!

Nice! ...though PBUM was a gift to me, since i have no way of ordering or paying online. I guess even with a discount I may never use this

[img][/img]
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 15:58
I hate it that all good mods (except Fenix) aren´t free.
People like me without PayPal or Creditcars took the A-Cart!!!
(nothing against you Hockeykid=

Youtube Name: hardcoreluky
Facebook Name: Lukas Wilhelm
Current project: Solaris a scifi Shooter with retextured Stock Media.
Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
hmmm, seems interesting although I only just purchased Project Blue after coming back to FPSC after 3 years to realise it wasn't going to be continued with the latest beta's, seems like a waste of £17?

But ah well, such is life!

If i had just ONE request in a mod, just ONE this is what I would ask for more realistic AI movement. I understand that the quality of the model 'as in' limbs take a huge part in this but it seriously needs working on. That is the ONLY issue I have, everything else I can script around or use other mods for effect, but the basic AI movement just looks like their sliding, not scary or effective. To link onto this, a bit of recoil on the player when hit with an enemy would be cool too. At the moment it just makes the standard default noise of 'fffshshhh' and the red hit marker appears on screen but you stay stood still the entire time!

Just my 2 cents. Good luck will keep an eye on this.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 17:05 Edited at: 21st Feb 2011 17:07
Quote: "Looks promising! Before this "fresh start" though, will you be able to make Project Blue make a game that doesnt crash every second?
"

Hi lewis! yes, Hockeykid has made a post in PB official thread which answers your question.

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 18:59
Will it be compatible with the newer versions of fpsc (1.18,19) when it comes out? because limb scaling sounds like such a cool feature! I will buy it when it comes out
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 19:01
Yes, this mod will be compatible with all the new features. And FPSC versions from 1.18 above, I believe.

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 19:05
Quote: "Yes, this mod will be compatible with all the new features. And FPSC versions from 1.18 above, I believe.

"

Cool! cant wait then.
Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
After I see the new mod maybe I ask you to integrate some of the PB and Fenix mod and a few new features from me to this mod,so I want a unique version.
Oh I'll pay more money because of these things.

Would you do this for me?
Please do not say no.

Have our guns was a mistake!!!

I am PaYaM
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Shame that these mods cost money. I understand for all the hard work compensation is nice, but I can't really afford to be spending money on additional things during the winter months. Oh well. Sounds pretty awesome though.

I just now realized I've had a typo in my signature for the past 3 years.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "After I see the new mod maybe I ask you to integrate some of the PB and Fenix mod and a few new features from me to this mod,so I want a unique version.
Oh I'll pay more money because of these things."

Wow, what a request. And very generous of you to offer to pay more for it. It would obviously be up to Hockeykid, but you are aware that custom programs of this nature would cost thousands in the real world?

@Hockeykid, good luck with this new mod.

http://jimjamsgames.yolasite.com
Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 23:26 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2011 09:23
@Scene Commander ,
Well I'm going to ask for a unique mod which no one else have it.
So I have to pay since I don't have PB and Apex mod and I'm just going to choose some of the features from fenix and I'm going to add my features to it and maybe I ask for some new codes which I can't do them.
So I think if I say I wont pay but I want the mod then I am worse than devil
Anyway I think Apex needs more features because maybe AA and AF come to the official source soon.
Maybe tessellation is the best feature a mod can have.
Before tessellation was just for DX11 but AMD showed that it can work with DX9 and there is a download-able sdk file now in their official site.
I will pay more 10$ for just having tessellation on FPSC X9 because it's really valuable.

I am PaYaM
ToastyFresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Shame that these mods cost money."

Don't say that. If anything I'd say it would be a shame if it didn't cost money, because then the developer would not be getting paid for their hard work. Show some respect.

Yes, it is me.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 00:28
I am a bit worried that some of the main selling points of this new mod, Anti aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering and the Waiting To Join bug fixed seem like rather small additions and a bug fix that probably just should be standard FPSC features.

While the first two do add better graphics it doesn't make better games when speaking of gameplay.

My comments may be naive in terms of the work needed to implement the features but I am probably just stating what many are thinking. To me a more clear direction for the mod is needed. The four features mentioned so far are pointing in several different directions.

I do however wish you luck on your new journey

raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 00:59
I'm just going to throw this out there and see what happens. I played with the unreal engine a little bit and it has this feature where you draw a box around an area. Everything in that box (walls, entities, everything) is not created or rendered until the player enters a zone. then after a bit everything in the original area disappears. This would be the greatest feature as you could move from one area to another and back without having to worry at all about ploy-counts or shaders because they don't exist where you don't want them until you want them (that might sound confusing). In unreal its called level streaming volume. I know you probably weren't looking for suggestions but here one is anyway.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I am a bit worried that some of the main selling points of this new mod, Anti aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering and the Waiting To Join bug fixed seem like rather small additions and a bug fix that probably just should be standard FPSC features.

While the first two do add better graphics it doesn't make better games when speaking of gameplay.

My comments may be naive in terms of the work needed to implement the features but I am probably just stating what many are thinking. To me a more clear direction for the mod is needed. The four features mentioned so far are pointing in several different directions.

I do however wish you luck on your new journey
"

Hi Scurvy,
Thats exactly why this mod isn't for sale yet. It needs more features, this thread is open to get some feedback and ideas.

raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 01:31
I guess as long as I brought up volumes, maybe having only lights you want to have bloom instead of all of them, or just post processing within a certain zone, or water just in a certain zone.
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Don't say that. If anything I'd say it would be a shame if it didn't cost money, because then the developer would not be getting paid for their hard work. Show some respect."

Let's actually read before starting to flame, yeah?

Quote: " I understand for all the hard work compensation is nice"

Anyway, as said, it's reasonable that these mod creators get compensation, that's an indisputable fact, however as said for people with limited budgets, they miss out, as with anything else that costs money. I never said they should offer it free.

I just now realized I've had a typo in my signature for the past 3 years.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 03:14 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2011 03:15
*Added the ability to UN-Hardcode multiplayer animations via the new mpanim=x y command
if x=1 then you are setting the idle animation and y is the animation number. For example mpanim=1 2
if x=2 then you are setting the walking animation and y is the animation number. For example mpanim=2 3
if x=3 then you are setting the run animation and y is the animation number. For example mpanim=3 6
if x=4 then you are setting the strafe left animation and y is the animation number. For example mpanim=4 4
if x=5 then you are setting the strafe right animation and y is the animation number. For example mpanim=5 5
if x=6 then you are setting the crouch idle animation and y is the animation number. For example mpanim=6 32
if x=7 then you are setting the crouch move animation and y is the animation number. For example mpanim=7 33
if x=8 then you are setting the jump animation and y is the animation number. For example mpanim=8 92
if x=9 then you are setting the reload animation and y is the animation number. For example mpanim=9 7

NOTE!: This command should be used in the entity's appear script

defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 03:16 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2011 03:18
That Anisotropic Filtering looks great in FPSC

Hopefully when paypal accepts prepaid mastercard or visa, i can get this when it comes out.

edit: oh man you posted something new just as i did XD, looks like we can now have custom animations in multiplayer, sweet

Current Project: Lost Contact: Chapter 1
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 10:59
hockeykid: sounds great

I have always dreamt of FPSC having a score function + a hiscore board. You could make a lot of fun games if there was a simple way to add to the player score (grabbing gold, shooting monsters etc.) and possibly add a multiplier system to it. Several newer commercial FPS games have a score-gamemode that are quite popular. Even casual games would be easier to make with a score system.

I know FPSC X10 has a score system but it didn't have all the features neededd.

Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
HockeyKid, is there an answer to my suggestion...?
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 13:48
Looks like this got potentional to turn into a multiplayer mod. Which would be great, to be honest

veer
Years of Service
User Offline
increase the map size
getsfile
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 16:45
wish Resolution Auto Adapt in this mod and soundscale ( soundvolume changeable)

-German User-

Im a german User and my english ist rusty.
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think that the map size should be increased until polygons and outdoor scenes can be handled by the engine first. I would also like to see further improvements on multiplayer (which hockeykid seems to be progressing with well )
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
I am just wondering why not just integrate to new fpsc ... you work for tgc... you mod fpsc for tgc... and now you start something "fresh"?

I mean... its great! But is it really neccessary?, it would be way handier adding all of it into the standard fpsc, ( after lee fixes the bugs they are having lol) and then show it off as new thread... but starting something completly new? People will be asking and requesting features... which all other mods have, if not vanilla itself.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I am just wondering why not just integrate to new fpsc ... you work for tgc... you mod fpsc for tgc... and now you start something "fresh"?

I mean... its great! But is it really neccessary?, it would be way handier adding all of it into the standard fpsc, ( after lee fixes the bugs they are having lol) and then show it off as new thread... but starting something completly new? People will be asking and requesting features... which all other mods have, if not vanilla itself."

Unfortunately I don't work for TGC anymore.

defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 02:21
Question: will some features of Fenix Mod be possibly integrated into this mod?

Current Project: Lost Contact: Chapter 1
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 02:49
Quote: "will some features of Fenix Mod be possibly integrated into this mod?"

Might be some different variations. But overall, do not forget that this mod is a fresh start. Time will tell.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 03:15
Quote: "Unfortunately I don't work for TGC anymore."

That's a shame :S
Is it any of my business to ask why? (probably not)

I am Southern, and I love Grits. Feel free to ask me what grits are if your a yankee
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 06:49
It seems to me that there is only one area where FPSC needs crucial attention that many people would pay for. That being multiplayer fixes/enhancements.

I would suggest focusing on a single aspect of FPSC that many people want. It makes for a more precise Mod, with more predictable features and predictable requests from users. It would also take away from the "Oh god, I want the features of this Mod and the features of that other Mod" if this Mod specialized in MP.

@GJ:

It's normally not anyone's place to ask why, but I would imagine it's the same reason most everyone else is out of a job. Companies cut back on workforce because they can no longer afford to keep them.

The one and only,

Only those who sow the seeds of their desires will reap their benefits later.
However, I have seeds of my own to tend to. I don't have time to be someone else's watering can.
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Well then i understand, hockeykid. Keep it up!

Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a very good idea.
About PB:The codes were a lot a it was hard to improve it fast and sometimes DBPro get error for too many lines.
So to not repeating it again for Project apex you can easily use two separate FPSC-game.exe file,One for the multi-player and one for single-player.
So when a user want to make a single-player game then use single-Player file and use less codes.
And again about the multi-player.
Oh I have to say there should be no multi-player feature in single-player mode and again for multi-player,so the FPSC-game will faster a lot.
By this you can even continue PB if you want.

I am PaYaM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 16:48:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 16:48:01