Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Influx (Third Person Shooter)

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 15:57
That texture with the rings is not a good one. First it's not fitted properly to the floor and secondly they look very impractical to walk on.

[center]
CREATE games with ease! NO programming required!
WIP
Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 23:16
Quote: "That texture with the rings is not a good one. First it's not fitted properly to the floor and secondly they look very impractical to walk on.
"

I disagree, I think they look pretty good, especially since it's an alien prison and the style is very alien. I don't think they're rings though, is there "glass" where those holes are? Maybe I'm wrong.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 23:41
Well, keeping it or not it has to be mapped on properly so it looks natural. The holes should not be cut off at the edges.

Randomness:
You should take your shots with AA turned on, it makes everything look so much better. You can simply force your 3D card to do AA in the settings for it, under Direct X. BTW, some textures look stretched while others doesn't. For a better overall look it's best to not stretch any textures.

I should have mentioned it before but overall the shots have a nice feel to them. I like the lights and the colors, it's a good composition.

[center]
WIP
Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2007 04:13
@Digital Awakening:
Ah, I misunderstood what you were complaining about. And therefore, I agree.

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2007 04:33 Edited at: 5th Sep 2007 04:34
Wow this gotten a heck of a lot nicer since the last time I saw it!

*Stop being so good at coding! Keep up the good work, Randomness 128.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2007 09:22
Dr Manette:
Well, we half agree I still don't think it's a good floor texture.

[center]
WIP
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2007 15:23
I think I agree with Digital Awakening. The idea of large circles in the floor could work as a texture even if it seems hard to walk on, if the texture itself is scaled properly, has thicker areas between the circles, and that the circles do not come up to the edge of the texture.

The colors of the prison in general don't blend very well, but that's more a matter of style and choice. It does somewhat add to the alienness of it, and just because I'd arrange the colors differently do not mean you have to. I just hope it was intentional, or became intentional.

I'd like to say I've been following this for a while, and it's very impressive. I played the early demo, can't remember if I posted here though.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2007 15:40
I think this has a rather good style, it looks totally alien. There should indeed be more spacing between the rings on the floor, which should be a bit smaller too.

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2007 05:03
dont tell me you gave up on this man...

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/
ZeD XF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 17:55
I don't think he has, he's just working realy hard to bring us the demo (I hope)

Fancy a spot of pain?
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2007 09:21
I've not seen Randomness around much recently, so doubt it's that he has given up but that he's just gone back to school or uni which is taken up his time again.

Atleast that helps me sleep at night knowing. If he has given up on it, who wants to join the mob that goes round and makes sure he gets back to it?

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Why does everybody think someone gave up on a project when they don't post? Its a tad pointless. You never know he might be working on a update.

-Go onto the forums its nice! Join now!
Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline
I haven't been around here much, but I've still been working on Influx.

Quote: "How do you make your models .dbo?"
One of the modelers I use can export to .dbo. For other objects made with modelers that can't I just load them with DBPro and save them using the save object command. That'll save them as a .dbo file.

Quote: "What do you use to handle collision?"
Right now, sparky's collision. I'll soon be using Dark Physics.

Quote: "do you use particle effects for the trails from bullets etc or just alpha mapped plains?"
They're alpha mapped plains. Plasma weapons use particle effects, though.

Quote: "how do you do the bullet holes in the wall? is that just loads of alpha's plains as well?"
They're plains using parallax mapping.

Quote: "You should take your shots with AA turned on, it makes everything look so much better"
Unfortunately AA doesn't work because of the way I used multiple cameras. I had a method of adding AA myself. It worked well but it was too slow. Hopefully I'll come up with a way that's fast enough and looks good enough. I can still smooth the screenshots, though.

And the walkway texture... I see what everyone means by that. I changed that texture, and made some other adjustments to the textures.

I also have almost the entire first map modeled, and there are also a few enemies. But I'll wait a while before I post a screenshot of them, until I've got some more than one enemy to show (I wasn't going to post anymore until then, but some of you were wondering where I was).

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 04:39
THAAAAANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
very much. good to know youre still working, if you finish this, id be the first to buy, unless my system couldnt handle it...

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/
Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 05:54 Edited at: 24th Oct 2007 06:01
Quote: "unless my system couldnt handle it..."
What are your system specs?

Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 19:33
flashing snall said it: this looks like a well built and intriguing project. My beady eyes are watching this one.

<-- beady eyes

I'm not actually a Kiwi, I just randomly thought it up one day.
Sdrawkcab Eman
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow! Looking good randomness128
ZeD XF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2007 16:51
OK, it's been a month since ANYONE posted. I'm starting to get worried.

Fancy a spot of pain?
Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline
Yikes! I didn't realize how long it's been since I've worked steadily on Influx. But thanks to my new computer, I'll have a lot more time to work on it, and a much more comfortable place to do so.

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2007 15:43
thanks for still workin on this, really like it

btw is it normal that DBP-apps need "MSVCR71.dll" on some PCs? had that problem with a PC with a MX 400 (or something like that) DX9.0b was installed but i didnt know if newest ForceWare driver was installed...

Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline
You should probably have DirectX 9.0c installed. But msvcr71.dll contains C library functions (used by some plug-ins). You can download it for free, but I'll find a more user-friendly solution for this soon.

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2008 15:25
Will we get some new Screenshots or a video soon? I'd like to see your progress

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2008 23:18
Soooo.
I saw the demo level show up in a thread in DBPRO disscusion called advanced lights or somthing... and i saw your lights....
Does this mean that you are still working on this?

Or did the comment that said somthing like "I dont have that level anymore" mean that you are not working on Influx anymore? OR
is it called somthing new?

This is my WIP, not even ready for a WIP thread yet though.http://smallgroupproductions.com/
Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline
That lighting video is for something else. I haven't been working on anything much, lately. But, if you look at my new avatar, you may be able to see a new character model...
The Killa 88
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good, randomness. I can't wait untill a new demo/ new story facts/ the full release. The new character model still looks awesome, but I wish you told me earlier that they had arms and legs. I have to do a major rewrite of my fanfic.

Sdrawkcab Eman told me!
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 05:56
Just stumbled across this tonight .. Great JOB Man!

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 00:50
!!! gasp !!!
that new model looks really nice. makes everything seem really serious and intense...

This is my WIP, not even ready for a WIP thread yet though.http://smallgroupproductions.com/
aarrowh
Years of Service
User Offline
This is looking really good..Can't wait to see what it ends up being!

SOMEDAY, I will have coding skillz... :p
Juggalo Memnoch
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey the game looks awsome
Cant wait to see some progress
Draglan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 16:32
Sweet looking game.
I really like the character's style, and the realistic environment is amazing!! Although for some reason the textures remind me of Guild Wars style textures...

zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2008 20:48 Edited at: 12th Jul 2008 20:49
Quote: "the realistic environment is amazing"

Correction: The surrealistic environment is amazing!

Are you still working on this randomness 128?

Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline
Unfortunately, I haven't worked on Influx much in quite a while. I will finish it someday, though. But until then, I think I'll take a break from it with another, less complex project.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 01:36:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 01:36:58