Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Game Design Theory / 2008 Text Adventure Competition

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 09:00
Yeah, it was a challenge to complete it without knowing how things worked. Didn't help there was a big bug that kept crashing me out too...

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Current fave quote : "She was like a candle in the wind.... unreliable...."
entomophobiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 09:45
The unfortunate bit is that the space portion was what received the most work. There's a trading system in place with a rudimentary economy, a bunch of upgrades you can buy for the ship and so on. But none of it is really provided in means of feature help.

Unfortunate mistake, I'd say. But coming from the fact that I had to patch things together from a friend that dropped the project the same day it should've been handed to you.

Lesson learned: do things yourself.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2008 11:49
I just spoke to my lecturer today - the one who's getting us to write an interactive fiction, he's letting me use my Dark Game TA Engine I used for this compo, woot! Instead of boring old HTML.

But I won't be using this story/game though, they slapped on a 2,000 word limit, which is too short. I guess it is enough for a monlogue.

You sir have the moral ambivalence of a mutated shrimp!
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 18:00
Someone asked whether the games are available to download. Any news (or links) yet? I'd like to see some of them in action.
Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2008 01:51
Most of them are posted throughout this thread, but we don't have a unified location where you can download all of the games. I'll talk to Agent Dink and see if we can host all of the games on the MISoft website as one huge ZIP file

Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2008 18:41
Ooh, that would be fantastic. That way you can download the whole bundle easily, and maybe come back to ones you might not have played.

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2008 20:30
If Dink and I ever get around to it, we plan to create a huge community upload/ download center, integrated into MINet and free to the public, with no file limits whatsoever (ad supported of course). If we do that, we could host games/ apps from all of the TGC competitions in the future .

Dink just moved into a new apartment so I want to give him some time to get settled, but I'll probably harass him about doing the TAC entries by the end of the week .

Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2008 18:14
Heehee, this is why I like MISoft

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:09:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:09:20