Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / What is your fetish?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 21:00
Quote: "When I'm reading soemthing online and someone's talking to me (usually) I'll randomly start highlighting a paragraph of writing with the mouse over and over."

Yeah, I'll do that too. Especially if I'm trying to be subliminal and tell the person to read that paragraph, but usually I just do it sort of absentmindedly.

Visit our video production site!
Outscape
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2009 03:01 Edited at: 14th Apr 2009 03:39
i HATE stickers
i got a like phobia
LOL

oh and i literally have an ability to not concentrate lo

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2009 03:14
Quote: "I always stand with one arm straight, and the other hand holding that arm, behind my back. And I don't cross my arms, I put one on top of the other.
"

Me too!

"You are not smart! You are very un-smart!"
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2009 04:20
I always wipe my spoon, fork, knife, etc. constantly. It annoys my mother.

I also always crumple my napkin into a ball.

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 14th Apr 2009 04:25
im online 18+ hrs a day XD
Outscape
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2009 04:35 Edited at: 14th Apr 2009 04:35
i have a phobia against things put exactly in a straight line
it has the been slightly crocked or just even if its slightly not in line or .... aggh i hate it.
lol

DB PROgrammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2009 08:29
Quote: "Yeah, I'll do that too. Especially if I'm trying to be subliminal and tell the person to read that paragraph, but usually I just do it sort of absentmindedly."

Lol, I do that too. I didn't even think about it until you metioned it.

DBPro, limited by the programmer.
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2009 13:21
Quote: "i have a phobia against things put exactly in a straight line
it has the been slightly crocked or just even if its slightly not in line or .... aggh i hate it."

I'm the complete opposite. Everything must be at right angles for me. If I angle an object slightly it just draws my eyes to it and annoys me to the point where I have to get up and position it to my liking.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2009 12:58 Edited at: 15th Apr 2009 12:59
In RPGs I can't stand not having complete sets of equipment. ALWAYS. This may sound nerdy, but it's actually very annoying. For example, I can't play Oblivion and wear a full set of iron armour and have a steel sword equipped instead of an iron one. Or wear half plate armour and half mail armour at the same time. It drives me NUTS.

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2009 10:17
Quote: "[quote]In RPGs I can't stand not having complete sets of equipment. ALWAYS. This may sound nerdy, but it's actually very annoying. For example, I can't play Oblivion and wear a full set of iron armour and have a steel sword equipped instead of an iron one. Or wear half plate armour and half mail armour at the same time. It drives me NUTS."

Same with me!

But robes or soft clothing dont count ,i could wear a steel plate with a silk hood

mamaji4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2009 12:55 Edited at: 18th Apr 2009 00:58
Sometimes I get so nervous, I could toss a salad if you just handed me the salad bowl.

If at first you don't succeed, relax. You're like the rest of us.
Guy_84
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2009 16:37
In Counter-Strike 1.6, I always hesitate to use grenades. idk why but I always hesitate to use 'em. And I always buy the Night Hawk .50c (or Desert Eagle .50AE whatever) for the first round.

When you least expect it... BOOM, HEADSHOT!!
All your base will always belong to us.
GuyMod coming sometime.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 06:13
I have a few weird ones. If I eat ice cream or yogurt, The spoon has to have no yogurt or ice cream left on it before I go to take another bite. The volume on the tv has to be divisible by 2 or 5. I need to read the last sentence of a book before I read the whole thing. I crack my index fingers by leaning on them with my chin. I also crack my fingers at least every ten minutes. If I'm on the computer, I look out the window every few minutes. If I am in the restroom of my house, the shower curtains have to be open, and pulled completely to the left. I chew an even amount of times with my left and right teeth. I eat a hamburger in a circle, and once there is a small piece left in the middle, I remove the bread and eat it, then the piece of hamburger that is left. I know, I'm pretty messed up.

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 08:51
That last one is disturbing....
So your a zombie, eating flesh of a human. and you eat all arround them ,but leave the heart? I would go straight for the heart

I also just can not sit down and sit through a movie, and watch the whole thing in one hit (unless i am watching it in cinemas)
And volumes etc on TV, have to be on a multiple of 5. Whenever I have mashed potato, i push my fork through it to the bottom.

Looking at clocks when its "6:59, 2:29" etc makes me feel special .... I dont know why.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 11:17
When I sleep I always need one pillow on top of the other, but only halfway. I can't sleep with my head on two pillows completely stacked on each other.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 14:21
For those of you who have their TV set in multitudes of 5, you'd be freaking out when you see me watch TV or play GTAIV. I set the volume to 18.

nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 14:43
I always try to rotate my hand to make the hand of my shadow have the perfect angle..

"Ja, för det är jävligt manligt att ligga fosterställning i duschen och raka röven! Testa det! "
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 03:42
I must have 3 pillows when i sleep. 2 under my head, and one on the side to me that isnt a wall. lol?

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 04:27
Same with me, Raw. Of course, my bed's a five-foot high loft so I guess it's so I don't roll off.

Speaking of which, I almost did. I wake up and I'm teetering on the edge. I'm like .

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 06:32 Edited at: 19th Apr 2009 06:32
I spent the last 3 years sleeping with absolutely no pillows. There's something natural about laying flat

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 08:29
3? Years? No pillows?

How is your neck feeling?

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 09:08
It feels great. In those 3 years I had to sleep on my stomach to fall asleep, and it just felt good. Nowadays I've done a complete 180--- on my back with a pillow. Just life cycles I guess.

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 09:12
i suppose i could manage if it happend on my stomach...

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 10:10
Quote: "I spent the last 3 years sleeping with absolutely no pillows. There's something natural about laying flat "

I like it too, although I can't as I'll wake up with my balance totally gone.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 10:22
Quote: "I spent the last 3 years sleeping with absolutely no pillows."

Yeah, I thought that was supposed to be really healthy or something?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 12:36
I like to hug my pillow when I sleep, so I couldn't live without it.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 13:11
Quote: "I like to hug my pillow when I sleep, so I couldn't live without it."

Same

I always reply to a text or message that I receive otherwise i start to think that my friends think I'm not listening to them anymore . I become all paranoid when fitting any components into a PC by worrying if I'm pushing too hard or soft lol. I always prefer to have my crapbox's network adapter facing to the door (e.g:

-|===O|
O - Power ring
- - Adapter aerial
| - Edges of crapbox

I also prefer to have music playing when I'm working otherwise I tend to slack off and doodle .

-FCV

NO LONGER ABLE TO PLAY ON MY CRAPBOX SINCE I GOT THE RRoD
FPSC-Online Forums
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 18:22
Quote: "I also prefer to have music playing when I'm working otherwise I tend to slack off and doodle "

I have to say, That I CANT work with music playing in the background. I start to sing the music, or in some 'extreme' cases, pretend to play it on my 'state of the art' air guitar. This keeps me from staying focoused.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 19:30
Music sometimes keeps me focused, but not always.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 21:58
Quote: "If I eat ice cream or yogurt, The spoon has to have no yogurt or ice cream left on it before I go to take another bite. "

Same.

83% of women tested found Pus in Boots irresistable. (Based on a survey of 172 women.)
Venge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 23:12
I always keep a few containers of liquid dihydrogen monoxide in my refrigerator, even though I rarely use them.

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 23:14 Edited at: 20th Apr 2009 00:01
I always have to sleep facing a wall.

Alucard94, the member of the future of the past.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2009 07:06
I have a strange habit of attempting to stretch the tendons on the side of my neck.

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2009 08:19
I love eating stuffed olives. They must be green with orrange stuffing

Guess what I am eating now

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2009 13:43
Yuck.

Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
lawl...
im a furry...
i never sleep sideways or on my back...
i am a perfectionist when it comes to drawing...

so i am pretty messed up

Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2009 19:50
Quote: "im a furry...
i never sleep sideways or on my back...
i am a perfectionist when it comes to drawing...
"

I also do all of these things.

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I have a strange habit of attempting to stretch the tendons on the side of my neck."

I do the same, although my neck is always pretty stiff, so that would explain it.

Gingerkid Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2009 20:40
I sleep facing away from the wall so I can see the monsters before they sneak up on me!

TheCleverGuyz
Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I sleep facing away from the wall so I can see the monsters before they sneak up on me!"

lol... i used to look at the wall when i was 5

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 04:37
Quote: "I sleep facing away from the wall so I can see the monsters before they sneak up on me!"
No joke, I do that too... Just not for the same reason. I'm not scared of monsters.

When I wake up, I crack my neck to each side, all my fingers, three ways, my elbows, toes, and knees. I know, I'm gonna get arthritis.

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 05:42
darmic, your gonna get arthritis...

~ Benny Boy 2321 ~ Raw Sandvich ~
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 15:49 Edited at: 26th Apr 2009 15:49
I doubt doing that would give him arthritis as arthritis is a disease.

Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 21:01
Quote: "I doubt doing that would give him arthritis as arthritis is a disease."

No he's going to get arthritis.

Image made by the overworked Biggadd.
Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 21:23
I don't really think of arthritis as a disease as much as an ailment. You can't get arthritis from making out with someone. Unless you do it right. Giggity.

I hate the rain unless I'm playing soccer, in which case rain is just as good as getting a hat-trick. Though I do enjoy it when it rains at night and I'm inside... I don't know why, but it smells good lol.

Making lists. I love me a good list! Does anyone else make lists of the stuff they'd buy if they could, and get the prices of it all, and then sum it all up just to find out how much it'd cost to live a perfectly carefree life? How weird does that make me? My sum is $712,492.89. To the penny, not including taxes and shipping. Yep. Lists.

And driving around with no particular destination. Love doing that, and always have. I love the prospects of seeing a road for the first time, and driving down it just to see where it goes. And if I find that road, I *must* see where it leads, and will drive for hours to find out. I ended up in Philly once because of an expedition like that. One road led to another, and that one led to another, and the next thing I know I'm eating cheesesteak.

mamaji4
Years of Service
User Offline
I always look at myself sideways in the mirror, because I feel its my better half. I still don't know how I look full frontal in real-time. I've only seen my front face in photos.

And I make lists about everything because I have a bad memory. It's gotten so bad I made a list of all my lists and where exactly they are located.

If at first you don't succeed, relax. You're like the rest of us.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 16:38
Not just arthritis, if you crack your neck too much you increase your chances of suffering a stroke.

But I do it too, I push my head to the right using my left hand while pusing to the left with my neck. If it doesn't crack, then it definitely cracks doing it the other way, sounds like someone stood on a bowl of cornflakes but feels incredible, always makes me feel much better.

I usually only fall asleep on my left side, if I try to sleep on my right side my brain won't shut down, if I try to sleep on my back, well it's kinda like the problem with sleeping on my right, except vivid. If I'm really tired I can lie on my back and drift in and out of consciousness, but never get any proper sleep - I often dream like that though, sometimes I can remember dreaming much better after waking up on my back.

If I scratch one side of my head for instance, I tend to scratch the other side as well, otherwise there's no balance and it's hard for me to relax. I know a lot of people are like that, and it's assumed that it's some sort of OCD, but I don't think it is.
If I scratch, I can feel where I've just scratched and if the other side doesn't feel the same, then it's noticable. If I scratch the other side, then I can ignore the post scratch feeling.

Other than that I don't think I have too many foibles... I don't like doors being left open, dogs annoy me a great deal, and people should still switch off solar power calculators. I think that's about it.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 19:06
This isn't exactly an obsession or OCD thing, but I've always loved the way love songs sound (I know, I'm a sap). I really don't know why. I especially like ones from the 80s, some of them have fantastic vibraphone sounds, and others have nice guitar solos.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not really OCD about anything except for playing cards. All of the aces MUST be up-side right (the Ace of Spades cannot be pointing down!) or else I can't concentrate on playing whatever game properly. I'm trying to get over it, but...

I also must have my Windows taskbar on the top of my screen. I can't stand it on the bottom, it just feels so wrong.

Visit our video production site!
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 19:25 Edited at: 27th Apr 2009 19:31
Im not sure if this is an OCD thing.

I always like things to be symectrical, so if i touch something with my left hand, i must touch the same object with my right hand in the exact same way. This also applies to cracks on the ground, when people hit me, etc.

That also applies in sound and vision. In sound, I hate using headphones on stereo, or a sound coming in at one side. In vision, I blink and turn my head alot, its not possible to have the same image in both eyes, so I blink to make things look darker in one eye, and use my hand to make things lighter.

Another thing is touching anything shiny. Im always cleaning pens, keyboards, desks, door handles after touching them. Mostly I use a sleeve to open doors or pickup objects these days.

Another thing is on TF2 i love being an engineer. but i hate it when the machines arnt aligned properly and rotated perfectly. This has caused me to die many times.. Also I hate it when the amount of metal you put into a machine while upgrading is not devisible by 25 (when it isnt any of these numbers: 0, 25, 50, 75, etc).

Yet another thing is getting rid of gaps in tables. If theres a gap, I get rid of it. Recently, people in my class has decided to take the piss and move tables. Causing alot of stress...

Another thing!! is gluing things in my book at school, if it isnt glued straight or any of the edges peel, I redo it and make sure its perfectly straight and theres no creases or peeling edges.

Im discovering new things all the time, I used to think this is just a me thing, but ever since people started saying that it looks alot like OCD, ive been getting worried. All the above cause alot of stress, I get panic attacks all the time when something is not right. Infact, I had one this morning at school.

Personal record for longest post

z i l c h vortex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 19:37 Edited at: 27th Apr 2009 19:38
I have a fetish for snow absolutely love the stuff we had loads this year i was the happyest guy around i also love technical things and game design Hehe

Also i like having my sleeves rolled up and i like sleeping with my hands under the pillow.

life is short but so am i

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 22:50:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 22:50:59