Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / What is your fetish?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 07:48
Quote: "I wear sunglasses even when its not even that sunny, just so I can look at people without them knowing I am."

Same here more of an obsession.

PUNK IS BACK!
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 13:10
Quote: "Night in cities. Makes me feel awesome somehow."

Ive only felt awesome when I was in Chicago at night. Oxford and London are just as boring.

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 13:33
Quote: "I also like walking long distances alone listening to music thinking about stuff. I would always walk from one end of the town to another and back. And its hard for me to be alone without my mp3 player."

I do that pretty often. Like just a few days ago actually. But only when everyone else is asleep (2-5AM).

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 13:39
I walk around school alot at lunch. Got noone to talk to usually

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 14:05
Being optimistic!

Alucard94, the member of the future of the past.
tjaabee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 14:38
Mine: Always having to car radio set to volume 30, saying Hi to people I know, just to show I know people, always having to wear baggy t-shirts (a size too big), wanting to adjust my hair and the being angry coz it doesn't stay the way I want it.

Best.

Yor mod has been erased by a signature. (Oops... something is wrong)
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 18:09
Don't know if it's a fetish, but I can never sit back in an oversized chair. I always perch myself on the edge, otherwise I feel tiny.

shoot at all the scripters you want, but remember that it is a sin to kill a programmer.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 18:28
Quote: "that said i preffer to spend my weekends sleeping without a tent in a forest with rain, hail, snow and howling winds, (and probably only getting an hours sleep per night max) than my own warm, comfy bed."

I was about to agree - but then I noticed the "without a tent" bit.

I worry about my fellow Conventionees sometimes.

Quote: "When I was little I used to sleep facing my bedroom window, because I thought that a cereal killer would climb up the side of my house into my room while I was asleep, and I wanted to be able to see him coming..."

Now that IS weird - I never realised that anyone would be that concerned about losing their breakfast to their pet cat.
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 19:21
Hmm.. I love rain/thunderstorms.

I also HAVE to make my bed before I sleep in it, otherwise I can not fall asleep no matter how hard I try.

AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 19:25
I cant sleep at night when the cat is on my bed for fear of kicking it of my bed, which is top bunk.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 00:51
Quote: "hen I was little I used to sleep facing my bedroom window, because I thought that a cereal killer would climb up the side of my house into my room while I was asleep, and I wanted to be able to see him coming..."

omg, I was like that for ages! Not every night mind you, but there was certainly that sense of paranoia.

shoot at all the scripters you want, but remember that it is a sin to kill a programmer.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 02:01 Edited at: 29th Mar 2009 02:12
I have a pillow fetish, I collect strange pillows. I have a little yellow smiley, a big blue smiley, a frog head, and I had a stocking pillow

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 02:07
Quote: "I have a pillow fetish, I collect strange pillows. I have a little yellow smiley, a big blue smiley, a frog head, nad I had a stocking pillow
"

Your location makes sense now

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 02:11
Lol, whoops, typo

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 03:29
I'm always screwing with my hair, I can't do anything unless its perfectly parted down the middle and pushed back behind my shoulders. More of a fetish though would b hair in general, idk its weird...........

my taste in music isn't weird, its just so amazing your ears haven't quite adapted to it yet.
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 06:00
Krowsnest- Yes I'm also like that, my hair has to be perfectly like flipped or whatever, or else I'll be in a bad mood that whole day.

aluseus GOD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 09:07 Edited at: 29th Mar 2009 09:09
I play An Untitled Story too much. I post in the middle of the night. I have to wash my hands with soap every time my hands touch a metal object in the bathroom. I can't have anything on my face. I don't eat saeurkraut.

Every time sweets come out, I eat a lot not because I want a lot, but becase I don't get sweets very often.

I love IM posting with Dutchess/RALB.

I have this strange way of spouting out extremely descriptive, gory threats when I am annoyed.

My underwear always has to be an inch below my pant level.

My eyes hurt. And AUS rocks. More people should try making quality 2d games.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 11:09
Quote: "I have this strange way of spouting out extremely descriptive, gory threats when I am annoyed."

I used to be known for on purpose (and joking of course) making obnoxiously unrealistic threats. I once said that I would punch someone so hard in the face the force would travel down their body, into their foot, shattering it.

I knew this was impossible, I said it regardless

aluseus GOD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 16:55
I say stuff kind of like: "If you don't stop right now, I promise, I will take my pinky finger and shove it so far into your eye socket, I will touch your brain, pull out your eye, then take this pencil and shove it up your butt until it comes out of your chest, and eat your eyeball..

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 18:44
I LOVE the smell of when you walk into an outside garden section of a supermarket. The Aqua smell, I guess you would call it. Where all the plants are.. I absolutely love that smell.

I only like rain if its warm out. Night rain sucks. Day Rain is much better. I hate Snow

I love Ice Cream....

Oh, and im always Sexy... No matter what.

shes a brick HOUSE!
Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 00:34
Quote: "Oh, and im always Sexy... No matter what.
"

amen brother

my taste in music isn't weird, its just so amazing your ears haven't quite adapted to it yet.
aluseus GOD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 03:26
I think rain in the night is much better than day. My favorite type of air is the calm before a storm. My favorite rain is heavy drizzle with cool air.

Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
I like cold, snowy days with endless time to program, and always trying to actually make something useful out of my copy of dbPro is my fetish.

Quote: "I live in Oregon, perhaps the most depressing RAINING place on earth. I'd give anything to actually see SUN. "

Lol Apple Slicer, I just vacationed on the coast of Oregon, down in Astoria, on the last day I was feeling depressed becaused it rained every DAY!

mamaji4
Years of Service
User Offline
You people are too complicated. Keep your fetish simple. Like mine.

I have a fetish for women with large... brrrrrrrr...rrrains
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 11:53
Haha, women with large brains, that's a first...
Just kidding, of course. But we might have a zombie problem on our hands.

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
A beer on the table next to me when coding, and a 600mL La Ice Maxi (type of coke, very specific!) in the plane when flying.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 20:36
Does anyone have a "thing that you do for no reason or an object that you have an odd devotion and obsession to" for feet?

If you get that joke, you're twisted.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 22:31
I don't get it.

I'm oblivious as Romeo Montague from Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet. JUst read it in English & it's a damn good piece of work by (seemigly) the best playwright ever.

But that's my opinion.

Yinzes better redd up this room and I'll buy us some jumbo.
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 22:38
Quote: "
I'm oblivious as Romeo Montague from Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet. JUst read it in English & it's a damn good piece of work by (seemigly) the best playwright ever.
"

He's done better plays than R&J.

Quote: "I don't get it."

Good. Your soul is pure... for now.

bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 23:57
I cant stop thinking about all kinds of weird stuff, just basically anything, its soo weird.

And me too liikes sunny days

And i also have this habit of playing and making games (lol...)

NEW: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40ghz 4gb ram 32-bit | OLD: 3.19GHz - 7600GT - 1GB - Windows XP
Visit my youtube profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/bergice1
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2009 01:07
Hahaha, this thread has gotten so popular!

Keep it up, guys.

Yinzes better redd up this room and I'll buy us some jumbo.
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2009 03:58
Quote: "Get extreamly paranoid when stood next to a window at night. (you never know who could be there ready to shoot you :S)."

Same.

Quote: "Subconciously avoid stepping on lines on the path (I hate lines...)"

Same.

Quote: "Whenever I go out to eat, I can't have my back face the door or the people in the restaurant. I have to see everyone at all times. "

Same. I always sit in a corner table with my back to the corner.

A more unique one of mine happens while I'm fixing my hair. I use a greasy hair product called Brylcreem, and when I'm slicking my hair back, I sometimes spend as much as 20 minutes making sure that every single stand is straight back and not off to the side or something. I even talk to my hair in a soothing voice while doing so ("It's all right hair, you'll be slicked back soon")

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2009 04:38
This isn't really a fetish of mine, more of OCD lol; I love ice in my drinks but I have to have an exact amount. Sometimes I'll find myself sitting at the refreshment thing trying to dump one piece of ice out for like 2 minutes. It gets really annoying but I'm insanely irritated if I don't have the right amount of ice.
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2009 07:49
Does anyone else get "psycho urges" like when around fragile things like my brain is saying "dont smash the things!" I also am a bit weird about things getting near my eyes i sometimes have to put down a knife cos im scared ill slip and gauge my eye out #-(
and waiting for a train i sometimes worry that i could fall on the track and get killed, i dont know why probably just my brain telling me these are stupid things to do

I always leave the blue m&m's till last
I used to have a weird OCD thing in school where if i eg touched the desk with my left hand id have to do the same with my right hand, and i used to line up my ruler and pens exactly with the edge of the table. God school was boring!!

i feel the need to post on pointless threads like this!

Oh since this is a random thread: Today I walked passed a shop that sells windows and they had a broken window! oh the delicious irony

can't read?
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2009 18:45
Quote: "Does anyone else get "psycho urges" like when around fragile things like my brain is saying "dont smash the things!""

Yes, vases are God's little stress relievers.

Monk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2009 22:36
I have a bad habit for flicking light switches off if they're on as I go past. I also feel really bad if I'm sat at a pc looking at gorgeous weather outside....

On the weather front, I prefer it to be cold, dry and really really deep snow =) However, on the rare sunny days, I'm perfectly happy !

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2009 00:32
Quote: "I have a bad habit for flicking light switches off if they're on as I go past."

I do something kind of like that. I instinctively flip the light switch whenever I enter a room, so If I go in a room with no windows (like a bathroom), and the lights are already on, I'll flip the switch and end up in a pitch black room. I then have to find the switch in the dark and turn it back on; and then feel like an idiot...

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 1st Apr 2009 02:03
Quote: "waiting for a train i sometimes worry that i could fall on the track and get killed"

I live in Michigan, and where I live there are no subways, all trains are above ground. So cars do have to wait for them to pass. Now if I am closest do the train I often get scared that the train will flop over on top of my car.

shes a brick HOUSE!
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2009 03:58
Ok I thought of one more: Whenever I pass a mirror, I absolutely HAVE to look at my self in it. If I don't look in the mirror, and keep walking, I start playing with my hair and my clothes to make sure everything is in line, and then I end up walking back to the mirror to see if I messed anything up.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 21:49
Everybody does that. It's human nature. Trust me, you're not alone.

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 21:54
Quote: "Everybody does that."

I don't. You both are freaks.

Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 22:19
If I walk past a mirror I deliberately don't look in it in case it makes me want to fiddle with my clothes or hair.

Also, I put any rubbish that I have in my pockets, even if I'm standing next to bin.

mamaji4
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Also, I put any rubbish that I have in my pockets, even if I'm standing next to bin."

You must need to bathe regularly then. Join my club at www.swap-a-bath.com
Membership is free at present. You can enroll here.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=147975&b=2&p=2
Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 23:51
Actually my pockets are in my jeans, not my skin, so it doesn't affect how often I bathe at all

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 02:33
i just run FPSC and set up zillions of stuff to blow up, get TONS of guns, and blast away

It is well that war is so terrible or we should grow too fond of it- Robert E Lee
Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 03:22
Quote: "Actually my pockets are in my jeans, not my skin, so it doesn't affect how often I bathe at all"

maybe he is implying that you bathe in your cloths.........

Is bursting out into song in public a fetish? bc I do that wayyyy too often

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 06:43
I have occasional uncontrollable urges to rip out the tendons in my wrist.

No, I do not have pale skin, black hair and a massive fringe.
Gingerkid Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 11:24 Edited at: 6th Apr 2009 18:41
I love masticating...

Although I don't like chewing gum? -WTF-
(Sorry for dodgy post Im a bit hyper...)

Jack

TheCleverGuyz
Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 11:41
Quote: "i eat about 4 apples a day, sometimes 5."

Me too.
Quote: "
Also, I put any rubbish that I have in my pockets, even if I'm standing next to bin.
"

Me too.

When I have a shower I must clean my hair, then face, then armpits and torso, then my genitals. I feel weird if I don't do it in that order.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 16:22
Quote: "I love mastercating..."

Half Life Dude, Please edit this out as I do not want stuff like this in my thread. Kiddies lurk around too, yno.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 02:36:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 02:36:06