Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Public Test - Upgrade 7.4

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Scrap Mechanic
Posted: 6th Jul 2009 02:21
3D sounds don't seem to be working any more...

I even tried changing "scale listener" from my current setting of 2 to 0.1 and had no effect...the sounds play as if they're at the camera's position at all times.

Otherwise, I see no other problems with my game.

Phenom - MP FPS WIP - With bot support, even online!
Official Thread -> http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149585&b=8
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2009 23:15 Edited at: 6th Jul 2009 23:34
set animation volume doesnt work!!!
+
registry commands do nothing

plus every registry folder contains default string value that not have name itself, so i cant read it or write to it + i cant delete anything in registry...

SOMEBODY FIX IT!!!

Lee Bamber is so~o sweet'n'cool desu nya ^^
Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 00:25
Previous problem with 3d sounds corrected by changing 'fastsync' to 'sync'

I didn't realize that 3d sounds would not work with fastsync, unless that is a bug...

Still waiting for the new ide to be fixed, using BlueIDE until then. The old ide won't work anymore either, and I liked it the most.

pcRaider
Years of Service
User Offline
helpfile

INPUT command:
parameters: InputVariable integer only??

RESTORE command:
parameters: DataLabel integer only??
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 19:47
Quote: "I didn't realize that 3d sounds would not work with fastsync, unless that is a bug"

FASTSYNC is sync but with messages and other updates disabled - that includes music and sound. According to the help files, if you use a parameter of 1 after the command, it uses the old behaviour.

TBH, if you are using FASTSYNC just because the docs say it is faster, then you should probably be using SYNC instead.

gamerboots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 23:49
perhaps a wider range of support for icons at some point should be included ??????

Regards
Emperor Gamerboots~
Omen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 17:45 Edited at: 9th Jul 2009 17:47
helpfile

OBJECT COLLISION

Quote: "If the second object number is set to zero, the number of the object overlapping with the first object will
be returned as an integer value. The parameters should be specified using integer values. Spheres and
boxes are solid objects, and so collision can only occur when they collide together. When an object is
entirely within another object, even though the geometry is not touching, the collision is still valid as the
larger object would be a solid construct. You cannot perform polygon to polygon collision on two objects.
When two polygon objects are asked to test for collision, the secondary object will be treated like a sphere
for collision purposes, where the outer extents of the objects geometry shall define the sphere.
"

Isn't it true that when you are using 0 for the secondary object (to test against all objects) and all objects being tested have polygon collision, that it is then the _first_ object that is treated like a sphere (not the second object - which would be ALL objects in this special case)

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 13:44
Hi Guys,

BETA9 uploaded. Some of the bugs reported in this thread are present in U73 so those will be dealt with in U75. We have a new plug-in coming out I think you will like and we need an official U74 for public release so it looks like U74 is stable enough an no worse than U73 from the reports so far. Consider BETA9 as close to a final version and let me know of any showstoppers, then we can launch U74 officially and start-up the U75 beta thread.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
N3wton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 15:32
I take it the new plugin is darkCLOUDS?

anyways back on topic, just installed beta9, all seems to work, and my projects all compile fine

nice work mr lee

Yours
N3wton

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 19:43
Im a little confused here. With this update, do you still have to have Dark Lights to compile and run the Fps Creator source?
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 22:05
anyone?
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 22:08
There should a dll included in Extras to cover the dark lights commands.

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 22:13 Edited at: 10th Jul 2009 22:15
I'm fairly sure that you need to own DarkLights to compile the code. However, there are some plugins/DLL's that come with the FPSC code which might be what Kaedroho is talking about.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 22:13
Quote: "There should a dll included in Extras to cover the dark lights commands."

yeah, I thought so. I dont know whats going on then. I will email lee about my problem.
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 01:11 Edited at: 11th Jul 2009 01:33
Idk I had people tell me you dont need it but whatever I try it just seems to not be working at all. Their is no error while compiling or anything. Just when I put it with Fps Creator and try to use it it just says "FPSC Game.exe has stopped working" Thats it.

Better yet, here is EXACTLY what I did:

1.Installed DarkBasic Pro
2.Installed DarkBasic Pro Update 7.4 Beta 1
3.Installed DarkBasic Pro Update 7.4 Beta 2
4.Installed DarkBasic Pro Update 7.4 Beta 3
5.Installed DarkBasic Pro Update 7.4 Beta 5
6.Installed DarkBasic Pro Update 7.4 Beta 6
7.Installed DarkBasic Pro Update 7.4 Beta 7c
8.Installed DarkBasic Pro Update 7.4 Beta 8
9.Installed DarkBasic Pro Update 7.4 Beta 9
10.Installed DarkBasic Pro Update 7.4 Extras
-Renamed "plugins-user" folder to "xplugins-user"
-Renamed "plugins-licensed" folder to "xplugins-licensed"
-Placed folder "Compiler" and "Projects" Folder into DarkBasic Pro Main folder from the DarkBasic Pro Update 7.4 Extras
-Opened up "setup.ini" and changed the following to "RemoveSafetyCode=Yes" and "SafeArrays=No"
11. Opened up DarkBasic Pro
12. Opened Project "FPSC-Game" --> "FPSC-Game.DBPRO"
13. Press F4
14. Copied "FPSC-Game.exe" from the projects folder to the FPSC Folder.
15. Started up FPSCreator.
16. Got an error message "FPSC-Game has stopped working"

Here is my Setup.ini

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 04:44
You do not need DarkLIGHTS to compile FPSC. It works fine for me, and the only things you did differently from me:

- Changed setup.ini - I didn't change it at all.
- Pressed F4 - I press F5 (minor difference, but still)

It could be setup.ini - try changing it back to how it was.

Diggsey: I have a spine and memory, but one memorable guy says he hates me. What am I?
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 05:43
Quote: "You do not need DarkLIGHTS to compile FPSC. It works fine for me, and the only things you did differently from me:

- Changed setup.ini - I didn't change it at all.
- Pressed F4 - I press F5 (minor difference, but still)

It could be setup.ini - try changing it back to how it was."

I have tried it. It doesn't work. I emailed you though.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 11:49
Quote: "You do not need DarkLIGHTS to compile FPSC."

Yes you do, it has DarkLight commands in the FPSC source such as 'LM Start'.

knxrb

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 12:08
Yes but the DLL's contained have all the necessary commands for it to compile. That's why he mentioned it as a "internal version of Darklights" which he gave out.

Eidos!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 15:06 Edited at: 11th Jul 2009 15:08
I humbly apologize to Robert F. This is at the beginning of the source code:
------------------------------------

rem FPS CREATOR GAME ENGINE - V1.15
rem Copyright (c) The Game Creators Ltd 2005-2009
rem
rem Used Under Public License:
rem 1. You CANNOT make 'game creation' or 'level editor' software with this code
rem 2. You CANNOT make a 'game engine' for the purpose of selling it as an engine
rem 3. You CAN make a GAME with this source code for the purpose of selling it
rem
rem Requires DBPro Upgrade 7.4 and the DarkLIGHTS Product (license purchased from www.thegamecreators.com)
rem Also requires that you overwrite plugin DLLs with the following:
rem plugins-licensedEnhancementsFREE.dll
rem plugins-licensedLightMapper.dll
rem plugins-userDBProMultiplayerPlusDebug.dll
rem plugins-userDBProODEDebug.dll
-------------------------------------------------

However, I'm not sure that this is going to solve your particular problem. But maybe it will.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 15:10
Quote: "I humbly apologize to Robert F. This is at the beginning of the source code:
------------------------------------

rem FPS CREATOR GAME ENGINE - V1.15
rem Copyright (c) The Game Creators Ltd 2005-2009
rem
rem Used Under Public License:
rem 1. You CANNOT make 'game creation' or 'level editor' software with this code
rem 2. You CANNOT make a 'game engine' for the purpose of selling it as an engine
rem 3. You CAN make a GAME with this source code for the purpose of selling it
rem
rem Requires DBPro Upgrade 7.4 and the DarkLIGHTS Product (license purchased from www.thegamecreators.com)
rem Also requires that you overwrite plugin DLLs with the following:
rem plugins-licensedEnhancementsFREE.dll
rem plugins-licensedLightMapper.dll
rem plugins-userDBProMultiplayerPlusDebug.dll
rem plugins-userDBProODEDebug.dll
-------------------------------------------------

However, I'm not sure that this is going to solve your particular problem. But maybe it will."

I think this HAS to be my problem. I believe I have tried everything else. lol
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 15:19 Edited at: 11th Jul 2009 15:19
You're up early.

I did not ever consider it since I already own DarkLights

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 15:22
Quote: "You're up early."

lol... I know considering I didn't go to bed until 2:30AM after messing around with DbPro until I gave up!!!!

Well this sucks because I don't have DarkLights. I thought it would just give me an error though. Saying it doesn't recognize the commands.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 15:28 Edited at: 11th Jul 2009 15:31
That's why I said what I did about not knowing if that would correct your problem because as you said it should have given and error when compiling. Shouldn't have had anything with running it with FPSC.

There is a file in the extras called lightmapper.dll. If you do not have this DLL it will crash on the first command called "LM Start" and the message will be that it doesn't recognize the command. If you have it the DLL copied into the correct folder, then it will compile OK. Now, perhaps for legal reasons Lee would like any user of the source code to own and therefore have the rights to use DarkLights within FPSC. That DLL needs to replace the one that is installed with DarkLights.

Going out of town so have to go now.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 15:48
See ya Flatlander. Thanks for trying to help. I just sent Lee an email to get to the bottom of this. Now we will know once and for all! MUHAWAWAW!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 16:08
@Robert F

Send me a compiled zipped file of your FPSC-Game.EXE. If you can through your Yahoo account.

Flatlander has just left the building.

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 16:41
I don't believe the REM statements at the top of the code were updated for the v1.15 source. I don't own DarkLIGHTs and have never owned it, and I just downloaded the extras and compiled the source and it worked fine.

Diggsey: I have a spine and memory, but one memorable guy says he hates me. What am I?
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 21:54
BMacZero, You are right because my tests show that all that is needed is the lightmapper.dll found in the extras files. I uninstalled DarkLight and then tried compiling as is. I got the error as mentioned in a above post. I then added the dll into the plugins-licensed folder and it compiled ok and my test fpms ran OK.

However, the next question is can you legally sell a mod if you do not purchase a license for DarkLights. I don't know the answer to that question.

Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2009 02:30
U74_Beta_9: Loaded DBO objects are now completely BLACK!

Problem can be solved by moving textures into the same folder as the level, but I've not had to do this before the update.

My root game folder consists of Maps, Textures, LightMaps, etc., and it has always loaded the game's levels from the maps folder, which are DBO's with the textures and lightmaps pre-applied (by my custom map editor, which loads these textures from the textures folder), and it has always loaded perfectly, until this update.

I would really like to keep the files separate for the sake of organization.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2009 18:21
Have you tried that same DBO file with 7.3? Can you upload an example that works in 7.3 but not with the beta?

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 00:27 Edited at: 13th Jul 2009 00:32
Well I finally popped out an error. It does compile and right before its about to run it says "array type is invalid at line 1991"

Anyone have an idea?
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 00:30
like I said earlier, try turning safe arrays off and remove safety code on

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 00:46
Nope... I still get the same thing. I get the same thing no matter how I have the setup.ini
Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 06:08
Quote: "Have you tried that same DBO file with 7.3? Can you upload an example that works in 7.3 but not with the beta?"

It works fine with anything before 7.4 Beta 9.
It's not just 1 DBO, it's all of them. I had all of them made before Beta 9.

Here's how it should work:

- I make a limb in my editor and load a texture from the 'Textures' folder and apply it to the limb.

- I save the object (level) in the Maps folder.

- I use DarkLights IDE to light map the level, then it saves the lightmaps, which are put in a 'Lightmaps' folder.

- The game loads the DBO object, which automatically has all the textures and lightmaps applied to it when displayed (unless you remove the texture from the 'Textures' folder, then every surface which had that texture will be un-textured).

This is how it all worked in Beta 8 and before.

In Beta 9, all textures and lightmaps must be in the same folder as the level, otherwise it is un-textured and un-lightmapped.

I would have to do some major re-installing to post an example, but I will do it if you need it, Lee.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 07:49
I finally got it to work!

and I don't even know what I did to tell you the truth.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I finally got it to work!

and I don't even know what I did to tell you the truth. "

I'm still having issues with this, if you could try to remember it would be a great help.
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 16:01
Quote: "I'm still having issues with this, if you could try to remember it would be a great help."

Whats the issues your having with it? I remember what I did... I just reinstalled it. That was not the first time I had done it though. Shoot me an email and I will try to help you.
N3wton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 12:05
I think there maybe a really big bug in this version, I've tried using the latest beta on two different pcs, one on xp and one on vista, on both if it crashes using the new editor while compiling it seems to somehow disable task manager, disable regedit and leave the .exe that your compiling to read only, now normally this would be caused by spyware or a virus, so, i wiped my xp computer and only installed dbpro 7.4.9beta, dx 9.0c, Kaspersky Antivirus 2010 and spybot S&D, I have scanned then computer fully and have no viruses or spyware, but yet when the compiler crashed i found that task manager was disabled and regedit, thus i can't enable taskmanager as i cant get in regedit... (tho i do know how to fix this problem, I can reanable regedit using a vbscript, then going to the relevent regestry reenable taskmanager, then if i right click and ut that regestry to read only the problem goes away) so obviously a less experenced programmer could have problems

so i dont know if its just me, or theres a major bug, I'm going to go back to DBpro 7.3 and see if i get the same problem.

I'll let you know

Yours
N3wton

gamerboots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 14:23
has anyone else had these problems ?

Regards
Emperor Gamerboots~
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 16:38
Does it give an error message? Also - system specs might help. OS Version, Service Pack, Video Card, Memory, etc...

N3wton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 16:46
Well it happens on

Vista 32bit Home edition, SP2, 2gb ram, Geforce 8400 graphics card

and on

Windows XP sp2, 2gb ram, Geforce 8600 graphics card

and I cant seem to make it happen, it just does every now and again whilst compiling, though now im back on 7.3 I havnt had the problem again...

So I really don't know

Yours
N3wton

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 20:14 Edited at: 17th Jul 2009 20:15
Quote: "I've tried using the latest beta on two different pcs, one on xp and one on vista, on both if it crashes using the new editor while compiling it"

Have you tried using the old editor to see if the same thing happens? I'm not using the new editor until the final version of the new editor is released. Have not had any problems with the old editor using beta 9.

John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 21:19
I assume that you are running DarkBASIC Professional as a standard user as the Vista Compatbility thread indicates. In which case there is no chance at all that the application is able to adversely affect your computer in the way that you describe.

Make sure your installation of Windows is up to date, you have the latest drivers and that you have security software installed that is also kept up to date with a valid subscription.

You can access Task Manager one of two ways, either by right clicking on the task bar, or by doing CTRL+ALT+DEL on your keyboard. If your task manager and regedit is getting disabled then you should check that a group policy or other account setting is not being applied to your account.

Synergy Editor - Available for free HERE!
CuCuMBeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 09:40 Edited at: 20th Jul 2009 09:42
If you instance an object and try to get "object size x,y,z(obj, 1)"
it returns the original objects size.

strangely, "object size(obj,1)" which is radius returns the correct size.

This is an important bug, please fix it.

Also, when you add lod to object and instance it, the lods are also instanced, but when you CLONE the object, the lods are not instanced. Is this a bug or a feature?

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
Mariokiki
Years of Service
User Offline
The animations of my "md2" object doesn't work anymore since the latest update.
I tried to load another object, one I build myself with MilkShape and another one from Internet (zombie for those who know) = same result, no animation !

So I reinstalled the version 7.0 that works correctly with the "md2" animated object.

Somebody knows what is happening with this version ?

Thanks !
CuCuMBeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 15:38 Edited at: 20th Jul 2009 15:41
if you want to use dark shader full screen effects, and if you use a set display mode command somewhere in the beginning of anything doesnt matter what the resolution is, any full screen shader will get messed up.

remove the display mode command from the below code and use the bloom shader in your snippets folder

EDIT:
Oh, however i found a command called "reload display pointer" which if you use after setting the new display mode, everything works.

Somebody has to mention about these kinda stuff.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
revenant chaos
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 15:41 Edited at: 20th Jul 2009 15:43
Edit: Never mind, you beat me to it.
gamerboots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 03:56
Quote: "In Beta 9, all textures and lightmaps must be in the same folder as the level, otherwise it is un-textured and un-lightmapped."

I'm currently using 7.3 and when I load a .dbo , the textures appear to have to be in the same directory as the file.
I have noticed that loading .dbo files isn't always peachy when compared to loading .x as a .x file renders everything perfectly, however, the same file converted to a .dbo makes some things have an unusual appearance.

Regards
Emperor Gamerboots~
Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 11:57
Gamer boots, as I stated earlier, if you make a map editor and apply the textures from a 'textures' directory, then save the .dbo to a 'maps' directory, the .dbo would normally load its textures where the map editor loaded them from, but not in beta 9.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Mariokiki
Years of Service
User Offline
Nobody else has the problem with animations on "md2" model using the latest version?

Strange...

Still using the 7.0 working fine, but there is no Cloth-Particles support on it...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 16:02:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 16:02:02