Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Public Test - Upgrade 7.4

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 19:08
U74 goes out today to support the new plug-ins. I will go through the latest feedback in the new U75 beta thread and continue to make sure the public FPSC source behaves itself with ongoing DBP versions. There is some new code being worked on which I plan to release an an update to to FPSC and also for release as source code, so watch this space (well, the U75 beta thread space). Thanks for supporting the U74 beta!

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 20:39
Is there any chance of a quick guide to using the nvperfhud command because i can`t seem to get it working .

I have xp pro + nvidia 9500gt and have installed the correct perfhud for xp .

thanks chunks

nvidia geforce 9500gt + amd athlon 64
windows vista ultimate.
GameDaddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 05:41
@chunks chunks

Seems pretty easy to use.

Just compile whatever you want to check out into an *.exe file, then startup Agperfmon.

Under the capture tab, choose "Direct to file".

Under the filters tab, choose what events you want to filter for, the default is set as utilization which seems to provide very little in the way of data.

Under Counters you configure the various channels of the CPU processors you want to capture data for.

finally on the AgPerfHud, choose the path to the *.exe file you want to save data for, and remember to Start the application, then start the collector. The app will show up with an AgperfHUD showing you the data as it is being captured.

Shutdown your data collection whenever you are ready, then stop the application.
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 18:11 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2009 18:26
My installation must be different because i have NVIDIA PerfHUD 6 Launcher and you mention agperfhud , have i got the wrong version .

Anyways its the new one on the nvidia site version 6 for windows xp .

thanks chunks

EDIT: I have sussed it out you have to drag the exe onto the nvidia perfhud launcher , but it still wont work , all i get on the apps screen is this application is not configured to work with perfhud , in big red letters .

nvidia geforce 9500gt + amd athlon 64
windows vista ultimate.
GameDaddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 23:37
I don't think Nvidia spends much time supporting 32-bit platforms.

The tool builds there seem to be designed primarily for 64-bit machines (what they have most of, in-house there). I'm running this on a 64-bit Vista machine. It took me about ten minutes to figure out how it works, and it ran smooth right from the start. Even so, they are not even looking at PhysX over there right now. I hear they are busy working on their new DX11 D3D rendering engine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 15:14:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 15:14:36