Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Horror Mod - - First Ever Custom 3D Particle System, Particle Guns, Gore Headshots, New Blood and more...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 02:51
This is bloody brilliant. Great Job!

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 03:38
Sent you an email. Hopefully I can get Zane working on that new feature.

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 04:55
How long knxrb till you think you'll be able to get out the updated copies to those who've purchased it man?

Ich will in Beifall untergehen.
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 05:12
@Braden

He almost had a update out, But it did not do build game. So might be a day or 2 depending. I am waiting for the update also i love it so far.

===================
No life, Lots of love, 2 Kids, God save me LOL
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there coming bloom and water?

Now in the W.I.P. forum: operation sunlight
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149451&b=25
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 13:14
@rakker126

From a email i sent to him awhile ago when i first bought the mod, I asked him if he was adding bloom. He replied "Yes eventually" hope that helps your question. He prob has alot on his plate, And it will be awhile before he starts adding the other big things to it.

===================
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
I sent you an order, definitely worth buying

To my feeling, this mod boosts FPSC 1.15 to v1.5
Honestly.

Indeed, water and bloom would just be fantastic for a coming update!! With the FPS given with this mod, these effects would, just once again, make a real difference.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 15:15 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 15:16
Quote: "How long knxrb till you think you'll be able to get out the updated copies to those who've purchased it man?"

I'm uploading the new files now as my internet is back to being fast again

Quote: "Is there coming bloom and water?"

Exactly what unifr3ak said I might be adding water to the next update though

Quote: "I sent you an order, definitely worth buying "

Received

Quote: "To my feeling, this mod boosts FPSC 1.15 to v1.5
Honestly."

Nice

knxrb

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 16:31
Here is the updated test version of Horror Mod v1.3:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hzvyajkrjzw

It includes bug fixes for bugs such as the size messsage in the Particle Creator.

All users who have purchased Horror Mod should now have emails with their copies.

knxrb

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 20:45
@knxrb

I got the email, And will test it today. Wife and kids just got home, So once i spend a hour with them LOL will post any bugs.

For anyone who is thinking of getting the mod, It's well worth the money. Very stable helps performance and some great fetures. I bought it near the early stages of the mod, And it just keeps getting better.

===================
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 20:52
Quote: "For anyone who is thinking of getting the mod, It's well worth the money. Very stable helps performance and some great fetures. I bought it near the early stages of the mod, And it just keeps getting better. "

I would if people would stop their "*ayPal Only" policies(Yes, I know I starred a letter out, I never write *ayPal down as it should after they screwed me over anymore... Now I refer to it as a different sexual preference.) Would be nice to see people have some way to accept wire transfers, or perhaps a more widespread payment option.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 20:59 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 20:59
I would accept other payments but I don't know how to.

knxrb

double
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 21:09
@knxrb
the shadows under charakters do not follow them and remain on their spawn position
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 21:15
Lots of time and effort Or you could set up a CubeCart e-commerce thing. It allows adding modules for other payment methods, and will allow you to track purchases as well. Then again I'm the kind of weirdo that does everything in a way that seems stupid to others.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 21:33
amazing work =) the particle system is definatly a turnover

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 21:49
Here is a in game screen, Runs so nice and smooth no lag at all. The only problem if anyone knows a workaround, Some of the guns i use like the one in the pic when i fire it goes half way up the screen and hard to control. But other then that simply wicked build part worked great got full shaders and everything set to max no probs.

===================

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 21:51
Backfire?

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 21:54
Quote: "Some of the guns i use like the one in the pic when i fire it goes half way up the screen and hard to control."

It's the 'recoilx' in the gunspec, I forgot to remove the AirMod recoil I started adding it but had to stop.

knxrb

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 22:15
I'll test this out today, thanks man, and great additions! As stated before, I also highly recommend Horror Mod to anyone considering the purchase.

Yeah I've noticed the kick back in weapons too - only gun I have it for though is EAI's P90 SE so I just figured it was part of his design. I liked it, adds a sense of realism in my eyes.

-Cheers

DonWON
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I must say the guy is smart. I tried my best to help with the images needed and placement model and while I was making these simple things he would have a "major" problem. Less then 2min later, problem solved.

Great work and thanks for letting me be the guinea pig

Even without water, bloom, and all the other copies from other mods, this mod is original and probably the coolest one out there. In time I dont think anyone will be able to touch this mod. If you do add water and bloom like suggested please just dont copy and paste other peoples code like some mods do. You have a great original mod that is like no other so please keep it this way.

Thanks for all your hard work. AWESOME!!
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 22:27
Not to sure if this is posted, But did a auto regen for the armor.
The one who made slow heal you are able to tell by the code let me know so i can credit your name in it.

===================
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 22:28 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 22:31
Just curious; why do you need that script? Auto health regeneration is already in Horror Mod.

knxrb

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 22:32
That is not for health that is for the armor. And the slow heal i use is for the other fps folder. I am currently working on 2 projects at once lol.

===================
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 22:34
Quote: "That is not for health that is for the armor. "

Aaah yes, so it is

knxrb

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 22:38
Just thought that code would be usefull to some people. I will be posting some more things, As i test and play with your mod.

===================
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 22:40 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 22:40
Quote: "Just thought that code would be usefull to some people. I will be posting some more things, As i test and play with your mod."

That's fine, the more stuff that works with Horror Mod the better
I'm thinking of releasing the commands list so people can update FPI Editpad with the Horror Mod comamnds.

knxrb

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 23:12
Maybe it's just slow arriving, but I haven't recieved the update email yet

Just curious when it was that you sent it? Perhaps this post is just coming out of being impatient

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 23:18 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 23:18
I've re-sent it for you

knxrb

Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 23:23 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 23:56
Quote: "Hi guys, I'm adding another feature in today which will allow you to easily record your game for cutscenes and other videos
The mod will be ready for release later today."

How do i access this feature? also, is there a way that you can make a video on how to do the Mutation..it seems the mutation is still not working. Thanks in advance. I hope you have a great day.

Cheers,
Tanya.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 23:26
That will be the 'startrecord', 'pauserecord' and 'stoprecord commands' in the help file.
Open the Horror Mod help file and then go to the 'Other Commands' page

At the moment it is a bit slow though and I'm working on making it faster.

knxrb

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
The z-mod version is coming along nicely as well. Any news on the barrios.

[href]www.arenas4146.webs.com[/href] --> F.R.A.G. HQ
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW..Awesome! Thanks!Knxrb, You are the best.

Cheers,
Tanya.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 00:00
Hey guys, before I come off the pc and go to sleep I'm going to give you a progress report on the new features for the next release:

My objective: Add DarkPhysics to FPSC.

If I succeed it means you can have walls that break up brick by brick, better physics for everything, bullet physics so when you shoot something like the bricks, they fly out from the wall.

At the moment I have succeeded in getting the static level loaded into DarkPhysics and a little ball bouncing up and down with gravity. Not much but it's a start

I will give more progress tomorrow

knxrb

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 00:08 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 00:08
Quote: "if you do add water and bloom like suggested please just dont copy and paste other peoples code like some mods do. You have a great original mod that is like no other so please keep it this way."

Especially the mixture of the mods (Lemur V2 and knxrb Mod inside Horror Mod) makes this thing so special and such a must-have, so why not take very good water or bloom from another mod?

Just my oppinion on that

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 00:09
You might have already with the terrain, but It would be easy with darkphysics, if you could get the collision better I would love you forever, and we'd be able to make non segment levels much more easily.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hi guys, I'm adding another feature in today which will allow you to easily record your game for cutscenes and other videos
The mod will be ready for release later today."

I would like to know how you plan to do that, DBP doesn't have any commands for screen recording.

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 04:19
@hockeykid

Where there is a will there is a way hehe. Will be a great feature.

===================
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 05:01 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 05:09
Bug Report (latest version):

The particles on a gun will not respawn attached to the weapon when an auto-reload is forced because the weapon must be reloaded. The particles will stay exactly at the position where the auto-reload was initiated, visible forever. Very bad effect.
The particles will re-appear on the weapon once it is put away and re-chosen from the inventory.

---

And I have a feature suggestion: The particles on guns are nice for example for having magic weapons. I tried to use the particles as kind of gun projectiles, similar like for example seen in UT3 on the Stinger or Flak Cannon (I know these are technically not particles - I tried to get that effect). Anyway, could you make it possible as an option that the partciles can be fired from the weapon, but can not be seen while not firing? I think that would be feature that manies would love and that would make any weapons look so much better!
I tried to get that effect by setting the offsetpoint on the Z axis (or was it X? One of them) very far behind the weapon, but the result is that, when the player turns around, he can see the particles following him from behind...

Oh, and: Is it possible to see enemy particles being fired? Just another idea...

Sorry for such a long post...

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I would like to know how you plan to do that, DBP doesn't have any commands for screen recording."

There is. There is a plugin for that. He could wrap it up or incorporate it with darkbasic pro.

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 14:15
After updating to the new exe that was sent to my email, I finally got a chance to test it. Runs so much smoother, And getting around 66/Fps. Tested some of the particles running decent. I have not tested linking them to a gun yet, But will try that later on today...

Keep up the good work

===================
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 15:17 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 15:18
Quote: "I would like to know how you plan to do that, DBP doesn't have any commands for screen recording."

I've planned this ages ago and it's already in Horror Mod. It's in all versions.

@D0MINIK: I didn't think about the reloading I'll take a look at making it work for that and also for showing particles only when they are fired.
And enemy particles is a nice idea, but it might slow the FPS down. I'll take a look into adding it though

knxrb

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 15:19 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 15:19
NVM

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I didn't think about the reloading "

Well, it works when reloading manually. Only auto-reload doesn't work ... cool great, thanks for considering fire-only particles Looking forward to this!

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 15:25
Quote: "cool great, thanks for considering fire-only particles Looking forward to this!"

No problem, the users always have the best ideas

knxrb

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 16:36
@knxrb

In one post i believe you said you fixed the Alt+Tab part correct?? But i still have to do that, And takes me to the "loaded horror mod settings screen" Still runs wicked tho. Even if it does not get fixed i don't care just thought i would mention it.

===================
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 16:46
Try it this way:
1. Click test-game button.
2. Let it build everything.
3. Click' OK' button.
4. Now stop, you will notice instead of your mouse being locked to centre of screen you can move it around.
5. You can now do something else or click on the 'FPSC-Game' in the taskbar. No 'Alt+Tab' required.

knxrb

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 18:43
Thanks m8 should of relized that when i was able to move my mouse lol. I have been awake for over 32 hours now, Neither of my kids are feeling well the pass 2 days lol.

===================
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 21:39 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 22:50
@ unixfr3ak - Awh man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can get some sleep tonight, and hope your kids feel better!

@ knxrb - Still unfortunately have yet to recieve an email with the updated version
Make sure you're sending it to

Thanks man

- Cheers

== EDIT ==

Pardon me, haha I found the emails, sorry about this I hadn't realized you sent them to that address. If you could, it would be great to have any future updates sent to the provided email above. Thanks man, looking forward to testing the new features now

- Cheers

Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 00:11
does this have all features of airmod or only fov and camshake?

Pie? Pie is good. i like pie. i love pie actually. I WANT PIE. wait no i dont. what? IM CONFUSED!
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 15:11
It has only AirMod FOV and camshake at the moment.

knxrb

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 12:49:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 12:49:25