Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / X10 Public Beta V110

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2009 18:59 Edited at: 12th Feb 2010 18:43
Hi Guys,

Find the latest X10 V110 BETA installer below. Only participate in the beta if you are brave enough to risk losing your work and corrupting your installation as the update overwrites your existing installation and will affect the functionality of your current version.

http://www.fpscreator.com/betafiles/FPSCX10_Update_V110_BETA1.zip
http://www.fpscreator.com/betafiles/FPSCX10_Update_V110_BETA2.zip
http://www.fpscreator.com/betafiles/FPSCX10_Update_V110_BETA3.zip
http://www.fpscreator.com/betafiles/FPSCX10_Update_V110_BETA4.zip
http://www.fpscreator.com/betafiles/FPSCX10_Update_V110_BETA5.zip

After the incredible patience you have shown, we have decided to extend the purpose of this beta to include all the bugs you have thus far reported since the V109 update. This will be in addition to the major feature release of the Game Creator Store, which has now been embedded into the newly unified FPSC interface.

Before you post a bug report, ensure it does not conflict with any bug previously posted and is not excluded by way of appearing in the list of bugs at the bottom of this post, or appear in the list of notes of areas we are not going to work on. For each new bug report, ensure you provide a screenshot, steps to reproduce and if a second member could confirm that the bug is reproducible, it will be of great help.

Below you can find our release notes:

V1.10 BETA 5 - 12/02/10:

* Added 'GS08-EnemyClimbingStairs.fpm' to mapbank samples to demonstrate enemy climbing stairs, avoiding static entities
* Fixed code preventing legacy model pack (MP27/MP20) from performing full anims on 11 and 14
* Restored 'throw' animation code to ensure model packs behave as close as possible to X9 functionality
* Fixed bug causing newly restored throw animations toggle their final resting Y angle by 180 degrees
* NOTE: Wayppoint nodes can stretch any length on the X and Z, but only 100 units on the Y
* Added new example 'GS09-AntiGravHighRise.fpm' to demonstrate high reaching waypoint based platforms

V1.10 BETA 4 - 19/01/10:

* NOTE: Due to correcting dynamic light levels, existing levels could seem brighter. Reduce static light intensity to solve
* Dynamic light states are now saved and reloaded correctly (when using the save load features)
* You can now save the crouched state of a player (for example, when the player is in a small crawlspace)
* When reloading characters, ensure their animation frames are intact when the loaded game resumes
* Fixed problem of melee characters suddenly losing their ability to attack (occasionally melee anim not reach end)
* Fixed a corrupt X file associated with the WW2 Window B (now converted to work full with the amended X10 mesh loader)
* Fixed issue of ventilation segments causing portal culling issues (switched off portal culling for 'ventilation duct')
* Fixed crash caused by static entities that had been added (then subsequently deleted) during 'new' static entity builder

V1.10 BETA 3 - 16/01/10:

* NOTE: Fixed Roman Script (removing RUN) solving character float off floor issue (Model Pack 27 to follow)
* Increased intensity of dynamic light component by five to match equal sized static light (no dynamics bug)
* Added code to activate NORAGDOLL for all legacy model packs (designed for X9) to maintain consistency
* NOTE: Above 'character based' packs include model pack 4,cartoonfantasypack,dungeonpack,egyptian characters,fantasy characters,fantasypack,freaks and abominations,medievalpack,romanpack,tropical pack,vikingpack
* Added code to automatically copy over DDS/JPG/TGA/PNG texture files from the used legacy character folders
* Fixed bug causing LOADEDWEAPON flag in Entity Properties to fail, ammo is pre-loaded now when flagged
* Increased intensity of dynamic component of dynamic entities as well as above static universe geometry
* Added code from X9 fix which allows dynamic lighting data to retain consistency between quick and slow builds
* Fixed code to allow zero-textured static entities to be cloned for universe construction (invisible MP3 static entities)
* Changed code for ally control key detection to use scancode instead (caps lock no longer affects F, G and H keys)
* Fixed problem of initial looping sounds having zero volume (entity volume array only filled after initial script run)
* Fixed bug so characters now obey their PATROL AREA command from the AI (and move around randomly at start)
* Fixed rare bug causing X10 to crash on reloading a saved game from within standalone executable (old texture ptr sprite)
* Fixed issue of static geometry being FLAT SHADED, now uses X9-style curved shaded system using original mesh normals
* Added appearantigravity.fpi and code fix to allow antigravplatform to use this new script to use waypoint movement
* NOTE: FPS Creator was not designed for Windows 7 and any reports from Win7 cannot be actioned (Vista Only Product)
* Amended player-influenced platform standing code to perform accurately so can stand on same spot on moving platforms
* Prevented AI characters (enemy and neutrals) from cancelling waypoint following when they exceed their max range
* Augmented Save/Load data structure to include more states, object frames, player vertical view, gun view and AI/waypoints
* When reload a saved game, the selected weapon is now visible as it was when the level was saved
* When reload a saved game, the player verticle angle (pitch) is retained in the saved position and restored

1.10 BETA 2 - 10/01/10:

* Added new USER folder to EFFECTBANK and created a sample green-tint custom shader based on SIMPLE.FX
* Fixed issue causing respawning characters to start from their death positions, now starts from spawn spot
* Fixed issue causing M3 (and other) dynamic entities to disappear if a static version is also added to scene
* Fixed bugs permitting FPI Wizard to allow external/absolute paths (only FPSC relative files are allowed)
* Fixed bug causing custom shaded entities not to be picked up like regular dynamic entities
* Fixed bug causing objects to jump when you pause and resume the game during play
* Prevented Bloom Strength from being reduced to zero (causes bloom filter graphical corruption)
* NOTE: Some Model Packs (designed for X9) used binary multi-material x files which hide the texture information
* NOTE: In the above case, you need to manually copy the appropriate texture files to an exact copy of the folder

V1.10 BETA 1 - 17/12/09:

* Fixed bug causing large height static entities placed high in the level to crash the AI
* Added Game Creator Store as a built-in feature of the new merged FPS CREATOR interface
* NOTE: Be aware that if you experience a Setup10.DLL conflict, remove the PERFHUD folder from the BIN folder
* Fixed bug causing X9 and X10 serial code systems to clash when both on same system
* Fixed bug causing version numbers not to determine which value was higher when X.XX.XXX format used

BUGLIST AT OUTSET OF V110 UPDATE

Since V109 we have collected all the bug reports, and produced our reproducible list of the ones we intend to look at. We have also listed non-reproducibles and notes so you know what to expect from this process:

BUGS

* Fresh X10 + Latest Model Pack 3 - only see the shadows..
* Fresh X10 + Latest Model Pack 10 - http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=151876&b=33
* Add ANTIGRAVITY script to allow platforms to follow waypoints
* When set spawn to 1/5 and spawn when dead to yes, BUG spawns at kill spot, not spawn location!
* When select a file in BUILD GAME LEVEL SETTINGS EDIT LOADING PAGE (background/music) outside FPSC it crashes!
* SMOOTHLIGHTMAPPING-RoughInX10 shows facet lighting issues in X10 (not present in X9 smoothness)
* When setting an enemy 'loaded weapon' to yes they still cycle through a reload animation before shooting
* NOTPATROLLING-aitest.fpm shows characters not patrolling (enemies and friendlies patrol area at start)
* Sound loops on Dynamic entities - link at http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=152802&b=33&p=0
* I've noticed in v109 that when applying any shader to a dynamic entity you cannot pick it up.
* CUSTOMEFFECTSHADER-NoPickUp.fpm - can pick up regular entity, but not one with custom shader applied
* LOAD GAME issues:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmXeiR3rxAA
- the weapon is not in my hands after loading
- enemies are facing the wrong direction or do their start animation after loading
- player is looking in a wrong pitch after loading

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z9h0-wDdNw
- physics go crazy when i repeating call the menu

* When using FPI to reduce BLOOM strength, internally cap at 1 (to avoid visual leftover artefact)
* All default X10 characters have their feet sunk into the ground, needs sorting (with MP and store compat)
* the dark ale : ZIP provided to prove shader inconsistencies (to check?)
* Dynamic light on it's own does nothing, add a ssecond light and it works
* FOLLOW, HOME, ATTACK should work in both lower and upper case key strokes
* Roman Soliders Pack (model pack 27) have their foot in the ground (to check?)

CANNOT REPRODUCE

* Disappearing guns issue, characters firing but holding no gun?
* Any report that was a simple one liner with no shots, steps or info naturally will not be fixed

NOTES

* No new features are planned for X10 as all new features will be part of the Migration Version moving forward
* If you are experiencing model pack issues that are reported officially as not reproducible, go back to your Order History and download the latest version of the model pack for X10 as we recently updated them all
* There are no plans to add any mod code to X10. Any future modding activity will be focused on the Migration Version
* X10 requires DirectX 10.1 which is not installed with Vista. You need to obtain the latest from Microsoft
* X10 is not designed to work on Windows 7 and Windows 7 operating system for X10 is not supported by TGC
* References to bugs that rely on using custom media or manual changes to the core files cannot be actioned
* Scripts carried over from X9 for model pack compatibility are not intended to reproduce X9 behaviour
* The particles in X10 are to demonstrate GPU particles and depth-reading, and cannot be customised
* Issues of importing custom media and related integration problems are not bug reports in this scope
* NOTE: Above relates to custom shaders, models, textures, skies and audio
* Semi-transparent textures are not permitted as static universe geometry, only solid opaque textures
* Metro Theator Pack is an X9 model pack only. Do not use this pack with X10.

This first post will be updated to keep you informed of additional information relating to the V110 update.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2009 03:36
lee can you enable the lightmapquality so can turn it up. i have notice that when i go into both setup it does not change the quality. fpsx10 can handle the high quality. i have notice turn down the reflec effect gives more performance. like x9 the lightmap control the blocky to smooth. i know it may effect the loading time like x9 but have it turn up to 50 will still give it good loading time. got alot of store item and model pack to work so far this is my only problem. welcome back to the fpscx10 thank for starting on it at last.

more than what meets the eye
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2009 15:11
Find the SETUP.INI in your Documents folder, you can change the lightmapping quality and size there (do it when X10 is not running though). As to the X9 vs X10 issue, it's on my list:

* SMOOTHLIGHTMAPPING-RoughInX10 shows facet lighting issues in X10 (not present in X9 smoothness)

the dark ale
Years of Service
User Offline
hi lee i have some problem with the shaders: if you make a room with ambient light set to 0 and segments with shaders and with some statics and dynamics entities with shaders and you place a static light and then a dynamic light, the dynamic light doesn't illuminate the walls and the dynamics entities. And the shaders doesn't work on statics entities. and if you exit from the test game and test again the static entities are lit when the light is off.Then you must make a new map to solve the problem.
Here i have attached some screens and the .fpm of my map.
i hope this will help.

sorry for my bad english...i'm italian

Attachments

Login to view attachments
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2009 18:58
Quote: "Find the SETUP.INI in your Documents folder, you can change the lightmapping quality"

I change that one but it never works.
Quote: "SMOOTHLIGHTMAPPING-RoughInX10 shows facet lighting issues in X10"

what does that mean is it a new command?

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2009 22:27
Nice to see this has arrived now i dont have FPSC X10 on my system at the moment but i may well install it again once this reaches a stable release to give it a go and in hope of the migration.

Also a note to Lee, i have tested FPSC X10 thoroughly on Windows 7 running Direct X10 and DirectX 10.1. It works fine without any bugs, that are not experienced the same on a vista based system with the exact same specs. It seems that anything that works on vista also works in Windows 7 as the code base is basically the same. Just to give you the heads up on that as im not sure you have a Win7 PC to test it on thought id let you know.

best of luck with this

Freelance Web Designer Email me for quotes and samples of works
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2009 22:37
@michael x

Quote: "I change that one but it never works."

There are 2 places you can update setup.ini lightmapping quality. 1 is in my documents and the other is in program files. I usually update both and it works.

Quote: "what does that mean is it a new command?"

It means its on Lee's list of bugs to fix during the v1.10 beta

@Lee

Thanks for the update. The list of bugs being fixed during this beta looks very promising and will definately make X10 feel more complete / stable.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2009 08:33
@ Nomad Soul
yes i totally understand that there are two, i change them both. let me start off about saying im not new how fpscx10 works. but the lightmap give you better shadows but it does not smooth out the objects. but im guessing that is what lee is going to fix on his list. but thanks anyway also check my pack 38 post for x10.

@lee
here is a pic.

Attachments

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2009 08:35
here another pic of a object and is set at 50.

Attachments

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2009 08:53
also model pack 3 object do work as well. this is still 109.pic.everything is not install in the right place so cant x10 read it properly. texture belongs in texture file bank mesh in mesbank and so on. lights do work pack 3 they have to be told where the texture is at. i found most bugs are not cause by x10 some are broken uvmaps.i say this so lee does not bypass some problems like in x9.some bugs are a easy fix or work around.

@lee
when a pic is taken and the player is holding a gun it does not show up on the pic.

Attachments

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2009 13:41 Edited at: 20th Dec 2009 14:27
Disappearing guns

only happens when there are 10 + enemies on a level and they are set to "can not take there weapon" the weapon from the first killed falls on the floor but does not disappear when Character does they just remain on the floor...

-to test... make a simple map with with 15 of the same enemies on it with same weapon
-make all enemies not give there weapons
-make 5 spawn at start
-make there other 10 spawn from two different trigger zones as progress

you notice as you progress the first few enemies drop the weapons and those weapon don't disappear... enemies that spawn later won't have weapons because the first ones didn't disappear...

EDIT: I have attached an example FPM File were it happens

Attachments

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2009 14:35 Edited at: 20th Dec 2009 14:42
Quote: "

@lee
when a pic is taken and the player is holding a gun it does not show up on the pic.
"

That is how FPSC X10 Work.... screenshot taken using the F key in FPS Creator exclude the HUD... I believe this was intend so you could get screenshot for level loading images that did not included the gun and hud..

IF want to see the HUD you need to use either printsceen key and paste in windows paint... or run a third party program like Fraps to get screenshot that include the HUD and guns..

ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 20th Dec 2009 17:16 Edited at: 20th Dec 2009 18:51
ive been using fpsc for years now
fpsc1 pc dvd is broken so how the h***!
can i remember the code to The spritepack1 So clear out all exept X-10 i cant remember the code back then!
im just using X-10 now ! its the same with the modellpack 8 bonuspack!!! i cant install it cause the code to my fpsc 1 is gone!!??
and i still got the spritepack at my order site!!
and i cant use it???
R
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2009 18:47
michael x : The facet issue you are screen grabbing is a reported bug (no normal smoothing of static geometry). It is not related to light map quality.

the dark ale : Please provide your attachment as ZIP and/or JPG. Thanks. Can someone confirm this report?

michael x : I will conduct a fresh X10 test against the latest Order History version of Model Pack 3.

NOTE: Built-in screen grabs are intended to exclude the HUD and GUN elements

Squalker : Thanks for the extra information on missing guns, and sounds like you already have a good theory as to why the guns are not where they should be (I did not consider that this was a spawn related issue, gotcha)

ricwid : If you have lost your serial code, contact technical support who will be able to help you

Thanks to the feedback so far. As you may appreciate, the Christmas holiday will slow down this process quite a lot but the good news is that it's 50% of my plate right now so any time I do get to spend will be spent mostly here. I too would like to see a good solid X10 update, and I am also keen to learn how your experiences go with the new store button. To see the items, simply go to the filter options and tick 'not tested' and 'not compatible' to reveal ALL the items from the X9 compatibility list.

the dark ale
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry Lee...here is the attachment as ZIP

sorry for my bad english...i'm italian

Attachments

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2009 00:33 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2009 00:34
Also another issue is Dynamic lights in X10 Lee..

They only work when there is a static light within the radius of the Dynamic Light...

To test it make a simple map and place 1 Dynamic light in it.. you will notice the dynamic light does not work when you test...

Then add a static light with a radius of 1 inside the Dynamic lights radius and you will notice after retesting the level the Dynamic light now works...

Basically Dynamic lights do not function on there own..

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2009 17:57 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2009 20:52
Ive got a sugestion for the static shadows, many may know that they do not cast properly, well, thats mostly it, could you possibly make it more like x9's shadows ?

Would make x10 alot better if you did that

I also see that youve change the content libary so the folders are not longer open, makes it much easy to browse through it now, specially with all the free media I download

fpsc-world, fpsc fan site
Vista, Amd Athlon 7750 (64 bit + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2009 02:27 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2009 03:34
Just a quick Report :

Ive noticed that EAI's guns cant be read anymore without having to ajuest them (Including MP 9 and 10)
It gives you the error about not being able to read the files

EDIT :

Or maybe its just me going insane, model pack 9 + 10 seem fine now

Vista, Amd Athlon 7750 (64 bit + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
god games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2009 15:35
huh i got a intel celeron d and my video card is readeon hd 4870
and Fpscreator X10 works

don't move handsup
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2009 14:20 Edited at: 24th Dec 2009 14:21
yeah but create a static entity and put a light in front of it (Make sure there is no other lights there) and what is your result ?

ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 17:12
Now i hear footstep when i crawl?????
Is this a bug??
R
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 01:38
Try turning player sounds all the way up

ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 15:37
Try turning player sounds all the way up

Ive tried but no diffrence!
R
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 18:08
Get a new soundcard then cause mines fine

ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 19:04 Edited at: 30th Dec 2009 07:57
Giving us an present at the 10 years jubilee of Fpsc is a nice gesture.
But!
The rooms in modelpack 36 are not seamless!
R
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 20:01
Quote: "Is the meaning with Fpscx-10
to lower it till x9 s level !=?
if so ive had it!
and get us a present at the 10 years of Fpsc
with walls that are not seamless!
What a spit in the eyes!"

Say what?

No, the plan is not to 'lower' it to X9's level, the plan is to make it as compatible with model packs as X9 is, make a unified UI for both creators and bring features that only exist in X9 to X10 and vice versa.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 22:35
If your model suddenly loses it's smoothing groups then just open the .x in fragmo, apply a new smoothing group to the entire object and then re-save it.

Jeku always gets drunk and tries to Moderate the ocean. Tirelessly slapping the waves as they roll in.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 22:37
PLEASE make it where the entity\segment trees are collapsed by default. PLEASE!

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2009 12:19
Now that you're working on this, I thought I might have some thoughts out on the swimming option, which at the moment if you pay close attention is rather amusing.

* The player's breath gets reduced a little too fast, so unless we put the breath to some redicilous amount the player is unable to even stay underwater for 10 seconds, which should be plausible for someone trained enough to hold a gun and fire it at other people don't you think?

* Whenever the player sticks his/her head above the water the Breath INSTANTLY returns to it's maximum amount, this should gradually go up over a few seconds, I can't remember that when you're suddenly above the water you're instantly ready for another underwater adventure within a second.

* The jump button doesn't function, while underwater if you swim you can use your legs to raise yourself from the water, so in my personal opinion the jump button SHOULD work, but instead of jumping you gently go upwards at the regular movement speed, with perhaps the friction of the water applied.

* As a remark to the friction mentioned above, maybe add a way through scripting to change the water flow direction? Which could add friction to your water, allowing objects to float by in (for example) a sewer level or something like that, and add some dificulty to the player swimming through the water, instead of always swimming at the same speed regardless of wether you're in a river or a swimming pool.

Note that these are just a few general ideas for a distant future, and there's no need to implent them at this moment, however I do consider point 1,2 and 3 as semi-bugs, or at least quirks in the program as it is right now. The most bothersome one being Point 2, since there's no workaround for this, 1 is just set it to an insane number and 3 is to just point the camera upwards and move..

Anyways, I hope this made any sense to you, my head's a mess and I've probably been drinking a little more then I should have the past few days, so my apologies for some of the things that might not make any sense in this post.

EDP Map Editor[2D]
barty567
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2010 12:07 Edited at: 7th Jan 2010 14:27
I found no problems when running the update on Vista 64 bit Ultimate.
pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2010 12:04 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2010 13:44
works good but ai does not work no follow, home ,or attack.

edit. ai commands dont work when caps lock on,
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 4th Jan 2010 12:53 Edited at: 4th Jan 2010 12:55
Odd behaviour of the roman soldiers in pack 27 !
they got only and almost one foot at the ground???
Look at the image in the viewer!
R

Attachments

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 4th Jan 2010 17:52 Edited at: 4th Jan 2010 17:52
@ ricwid:
It's just a flesh wound.

This signature is legen-wait for it... dary };]
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2010 18:08
@The Next,

You're backed up too, I use Windows 7 now and it works fine, no bugs at all. At first, it takes some patience since the very first time, it stopped working with me, second time I had to switch windows (Alt+TAB), but then after that it was fine. I actually expected that to happen since I upgraded from 'crap'sta (Vista in other terms) but it definitely runs about 1.5x faster than Vista .

Is this update any worth downloading as well by the way? Just thought I'd ask before downloading!

-SSG

pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
i have had some time to check windows 7 in beta,
fpsc works good, but unless you get ultimate version
you will have trouble running other apps you use for modeling ect,
win 7 ultimate will allow you to use nearly all other programs you use without compatibilty problems ,
just worth a thought if you intend to buy windows 7,
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2010 13:18
I've got 7 Home Premium, it works fine as long as the app is up to date . I've tested the following and they work fine:

-Call of Duty: World at War
-FPS Creator X10 w/ v1.09
-Blender
-Paint.NET
-GNU-IMP (GIMP in other terms)
-MSN

And they were all designed for XP/Vista and Windows 7 is technically, as The Next said, the same as Vista, although the desktop is reduced in size and other stuff. I'm sure The Next agrees with me, so if you can, get Windows 7 if you want to.

-SSG

Windows 7, 3GB RAM, 160GB HDD + 320GB HDD, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3GHz Dual Core, ATi Radeon Sapphire HD 4550 512MB DDR3 with DirectX 11
Rockygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
hi, i have a question give it in this version blood effects ?
Rockygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
all buttons by me are disabled
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 22:26
@Rockygamer

X10 beta's always have the mature patch in as im sure Lee doesn't have the time to remove all these features and basically, theres not really a point in removing them in a beta

http://image.fps-files.com/images/42SIG.jpg[/img]
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 13:30
Thanks for the feedback and clarifications so far, and also for checking out Windows 7. Some responses below, but otherwise I am getting stuck into the confirmed bug list:

ricwid : You are supposed to hear some footfall sounds when you crawl, yes.

General Jackson : Entity and Segment selections auto collapse the root folder already, and then retain those folders which have been manually expanded, which is correct behaviour.

Silvester : No plans to add any more features to X10, just stability and compatibility issues now.

Rockygamer : As bigsnake explains, the BETA tests use the MATURE patch, and then TEEN patch is build at the end.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 13:51
Quote: "Silvester : No plans to add any more features to X10, just stability and compatibility issues now."

As I thought, oh well.. Never shot is always a miss right?

EDP Map Editor[2D]
Changes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 21:53
Will the migration have x10 capability since the x10 isnt going to be "moded"?

jamie
Rockygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
where can i found the links ? can you give me the links pls
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2010 02:20
Hi Guys,

New beta uploaded which works through about six of the bugs reported. Plenty more fixes to come, but thought you might like to test out the ones that have been dealt with for stability, consistency. The migration version will contain some of the X10 features, but not all, best place to find out more is the FPSC X9 beta threads as they occur (V117 not for some time as we work on it internally). Rockygamer, please ask complete questions as I cannot help you when you fragment your posts. What links are you referring to, surely not those at the very top of this thread

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2010 18:50 Edited at: 9th Jan 2010 19:14
Cool, testing it now

EDIT :

- If any Model pack 3 item is static then it will not display
- Every Model pack 3 item has no water physics
- Metro Theator Pack shaders don't work

http://image.fps-files.com/images/42SIG.jpg[/img]
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 11:07 Edited at: 13th Jan 2010 11:09
Quote: "Metro Theator Pack shaders don't work"

That's because FPSC X10 only supports Pixel Shader 4 files, not PS2 ones, just a heads-up . ANd it's not easy to edit, you need to change the whole code in order for them to work, not just change the ps2.0 to ps4.0 .

Quote: "Fixed issue causing M3 (and other) dynamic entities to disappear if a static version is also added to scene"

That should fix the glitch I found in my game with the Rusty Metal Rib door; it wouldn't display the static ones so yeah, but I moved it and it displayed after that :S.

-SSG

Windows 7, 3GB RAM, 160GB HDD + 320GB HDD, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3GHz Dual Core, ATi Radeon Sapphire HD 4550 512MB DDR3 with DirectX 11
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 14:08
Ive got problems with the windows in WW2 !
Look in the viewer and tell me if this is a common bug or what?
R

Attachments

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 17:54 Edited at: 13th Jan 2010 17:56
By the way Lee,
Quote: "Fresh X10 + Latest Model Pack 10 - http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=151876&b=33"

I created a help guide for EAI's weapons which can be found here. It explains the errors discovered in X10 and how to fix them .

@ricwid,

That looks like a custom segment object...either that or your files are damaged and need repairing through the installation process (go to the uninstall part and select 'repair'). If that doesn't work, it may be a problem with the X10 version itself.

-SSG

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 20:35
ricwid : See attached for correct WW2 window, works fine for me. Please provide a full step by step on how you created the screen shot you posted, which model, was this from a fresh install + the beta, any modifications, e.t.c, thanks.

Attachments

ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 11:36 Edited at: 14th Jan 2010 12:18
Ive even tried to used the chateau studyroom full, and the windows grand from the ww2 section and now it looks like this??
No modification was used ,ive been having problems with those windows before the beta2 ,
R

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 11:36:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 11:36:08