Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / X10 Public Beta V110

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 18:29
Quote: "LeeBamber: Windows Vista system is not good. is unstable"
Actually, Vista is a very stable OS, and is very underrated. If vista can properly support DX10 and FPSC X10 then there should be no problems.

Windows 7 is an improved version of Vista and DX 11 is based on DX 10 so I do not understand why they can do that update also supported W7

My PC specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2,60Ghz
2 GB RAM
9600GT 512MB DDR3
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 20:17
Quote: "Windows 7 is an improved version of Vista and DX 11 is based on DX 10 so I do not understand why they can do that update also supported W7"

W7 does work with X10, it's just not officially supported because FPSC X10 came out before 7, so it is supported on Vista, the OS that it was designed to be used with.

Tomik18
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 22:33
Quote: "W7 does work with X10, it's just not officially supported because FPSC X10 came out before 7, so it is supported on Vista, the OS that it was designed to be used with."

many people would prefer if it had support for the W7.

My PC specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2,60Ghz
2 GB RAM
9600GT 512MB DDR3
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 23:19
Thanks Soviet176 for your help confirming the bug reports as they come in. If others can confirm reports so I have two or more points of view on an issue, it will help me a hundred fold reproduce quickly and a fix sorted. The real issue when you get to this stage of a software application is reproducing very unique and personal functional issues that under normal operations I never get to see.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 23:40 Edited at: 15th Mar 2010 23:45
@Lee

No problem, I am a programmer as well, however i deal with java application more than anything, I also do not program at the level you are. I am just mainly used for network administration, and I try to help the community with technical problems. We all know you are an extremely busy man. Though many people will yell and complain you are absolutely right, you can't be everywhere and fix everything. I can't even imagine how long it takes to fix some of the logic related bugs. But in time FPSC will have all of it's problems combed out. That much we all can agree on. Thank you lee!

**Edit**
I don't really see anything else with the software lee, I think after some of your twinks with the remaining model packs and it should be ready to ship out

"I haz no sig :o"
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 23:52
Lee, I have only found a few of the bugs reported here. This means you're taking your time and already have very few bugs. I deem you Lead Dev of the Decade(I don't know of many others, but meh).

"Why does everyone quote ButterFingers for their sig?"-Inspire
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Will games built using the latest beta be compatible with the final released version?

www.crimsonnight.com
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, couldn't edit my previous post >.<
How do you install model packs for x10 as well? When you initially install a pack you're given the option, but after installing it for the orignal FPSC I can't figure out how to also install it to the X10 version?

www.crimsonnight.com
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
it should have a choice for x10 or fpsc and yes everything will still be compatibal when .10 is released
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 17:42
what he saying is there is a issue with the installer.... once you install it for either x9 or x10 it won't allow you to install it to the other... it only allows you repair or uninstall the current install

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
oh...well what model pack are they you should report that its a broken download
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 18:50
Quote: "oh...well what model pack are they you should report that its a broken download "

its for all the model pack installers...

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 22:17
Weird. I never had a problem installing the model packs. Try re-downloading them?

FPSC Ideas
Years of Service
User Offline
hello, I would like to have fps creator X10 but I don't know how to can you tell me the secure way of getting fps creator X10 for update

Balwinder Singh
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you tried what we're saying Soviet? If you own both FPS Creator and FPS Creator X10, after installing a model pack on one, next time you open the installer, you don't get the option to install it on the other - can a dev please comment as this is a pretty serious problem, thanks

www.crimsonnight.com
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Just installed the beta and it asked for my serial number again, I entered it and it let me build my game - I reset my PC and ran FPSC X10 again and it didn't ask for my serial; but now, whenever I try to build a game it tries to redirect me to the store to buy an item (build game upgrade) that doesn't exist; what should I do?

www.crimsonnight.com
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 00:31
Quote: "Weird. I never had a problem installing the model packs. Try re-downloading them?"

its only and issue if you are running both x9 and x10 on the same machine... when you run the install for either x9 and x10 you can't run it again for the other.... it want s you to repair the current install or uninstall....
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 00:35
Oh I see, I do not own FPSC x9 so I am of no help with technical support for it :/

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
The characters when following a waypoint path wont walk through door ways and they get stuck
Crazy Cam10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 13:24
For some reason the ragdoll physics only work on default characters.. they won't work on model pack ones AT ALL.

Yes, i have set the scripts right.

Cam Ownz You!!

www.gamingstuff.co.nr
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
so you did set all the dark ai scripts on?Cause its working fine for me the animations when following the waypoints are jerky but that all
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 21:25
Hey lee,

I think I found one more bug for you. In multiplayer (and single player) when you use the Q and E keys for tacticle look the enemy cannot see you. I tested MP with a friend and he stood at the corner and used Q and E and I could not see him popping out of the corner. This could be used as a cheat in single player and MP because you cannot shoot back at the person shooting you. As for single player, the enemies do not see you and won't shoot you. Anything you can do for this? Thanks!

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 22:27
Quote: "I think I found one more bug for you. In multiplayer (and single player) when you use the Q and E keys for tacticle look the enemy cannot see you. I tested MP with a friend and he stood at the corner and used Q and E and I could not see him popping out of the corner. This could be used as a cheat in single player and MP because you cannot shoot back at the person shooting you. As for single player, the enemies do not see you and won't shoot you. Anything you can do for this? Thanks!"

That's not just X10; X9 has that as well.

New Site is up! Go check it out!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2010 02:01
Quote: "That's not just X10; X9 has that as well."

Ah I see, well it's something put into the engine for a reason, I am sure lee will fix this.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2010 22:28
Well I have let the current beta bubble for a while now and nothing jaw dropped has popped up and certainly no show stoppers so I am inclining towards a release now so the rest of the X10 users can enjoy the update. Everything reported since my last beta post are either not bugs or the way the engine was designed. I will cover a few of the points below, but I am giving one last heads up on the official update release unless anyone has found anything devastating in respect of the store and X9 media, or a new bug not found in the previous update. Just to touch on some questions and reports:

Crimson Night : Yes V110 is compatible with V109. In install a model pack to both, install in a custom folder then copy the contents to your X9 and X10 installations separately. If your serial code disappears, ensure you are not using FPS Creator X9 as it will wipe out your X10 serial code in the registry. Also place your serial code in the USERDETAILS.INI that sits alongside the FPSCreator.exe file.

Nilloc : Characters that are using DarkAI are designed not to go through doors and remain in the room in which they have been placed. Use corridors open wall areas when you want a character to traverse between rooms and corridor sections.

Crazy Cam10 : We have designed it so legacy X9 content (which never had ragdoll) disable rag doll in X10 to avoid graphical corruption. If you want to take the risk, copy the character you want into your USER folder and ensure the FPE has NORAGDOLL=0, then run the cleaner, then drop in the character now found in the USER folder and you should have ragdoll enabled (but the model may not support rag doll).

Soviet176 : The Q and E keys are designed not to give your location away, you could say it was cheating but I wanted an advantage where as the player I could peek around a corner without being seen (just like in real life if you are careful).

Thanks for all your help in reporting issues, and I think the V110 beta has gone quite well. Once we have an official release, you can look forward to stage two which is the release of the extra special X10 kit which will allow you to change the code and recompile to make your own engine mod

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2010 00:15
Thank you very much lee!

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 25th Mar 2010 00:23
Excellent news. I will continue to wait for the X10 kit, I'm very excited.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 25th Mar 2010 05:31
yay, can't wait to mod!
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2010 18:33
Sweet, mods should be epic for x10. X10 will surely 0wn x9's face after the kit is released.

"Why does everyone quote ButterFingers for their sig?"-Inspire
Blind Digger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 09:58 Edited at: 26th Mar 2010 10:00
No it's goimg to take a lot of time befour X10 can match Project Blue or fenix X9.
Stephen
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 14:23
Righty guys, thanks for the big help getting V110 tested and hopefully the info provided here will help you with your non-bug issues. I have also uploaded the X10 modders kit to the X10 website (link underneath the disclaimer). Enjoy!

Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Crimson Night : Yes V110 is compatible with V109. In install a model pack to both, install in a custom folder then copy the contents to your X9 and X10 installations separately. If your serial code disappears, ensure you are not using FPS Creator X9 as it will wipe out your X10 serial code in the registry. Also place your serial code in the USERDETAILS.INI that sits alongside the FPSCreator.exe file."

Thanks for the reply Lee. Installed the latest official update and I'm still having a problem with my serial; it doesn't ask for it, but whenever I try to build a game it re-directs me to the store to buy the 'Build Game Upgrade'. Tried the .ini thing, and the serial number's there. I do reguarly use X9, I have projects on both programs (as I feel they both have their different advantages) and therefore removing one isn't an option - is there something in the registry I can edit to fix the problem; if not could you please release a patch or something?

Also I think I've found a general bug on X10. Whenever I try to save prefabs I get an 'invalid at line 4686' error, and a few seconds later X10 says it has to close.

www.crimsonnight.com
DiViNiTY
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Lee,

i'm having troubles with the 1.10 update. When i update my German version of Fps X10 it always ask me for the Serial number and there is NO FONT and it crashes when i try to open the Menu.

plz help
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 15:51 Edited at: 26th Mar 2010 16:19
problem fix Crimson Night check you email.

more than what meets the eye
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks a lot michael x, i can now build games again - still have that prefab bug though - has anyone else tried to save prefabs?

www.crimsonnight.com
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 17:28
I have try the perfabs had no problem. what is the problem? check you email again.

more than what meets the eye
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 03:18
Hi Lee

Is it possible to have a direct download link for the patch maybe within the order history page. I'm unable to use the update within FPSC X10.

DC

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 13:47:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 13:47:29