Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / BBB Gui Plugin

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2010 02:53 Edited at: 8th Mar 2010 15:41
Quote: "There isn't a bug in "USkin.dll", the problem is that i'm doing something wrong in my plugin. To fix the problem don't specify a theme file in START BBB GUI. Instead use the plugin that Newton made just for theming using "USkin.dll". His plugin works correctly and can be found in Program Announcements thread."

There is no problem in the DLL, i`m using the style you provided with no errors after i did everything i wrote about in my last post.And the only error was that message when exit, and the X button of dbpro window wasn`t working ESC quit only.Now is perfect.
Btw i`m not compiling in debug mode, i`m using old IDE and i assume with the old dbpro is saving in TEMP and in new it`s doing it only when debug mode is used.

Also i can participate in making of help files, if you give me work to do with template you want to look like.The rest leave on me.And again you can post in the begining of the thread that you need volunteers for help files, if many people work on that it`ll be done quite fast!Everyone can have a bit of what need to be done, nobody will suffer making all alone.When someone is ready just send you his work and you put it as one.

You`ve got this part added twice in commands on first post!

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2010 02:05 Edited at: 9th Mar 2010 02:11
Quote: "Also i can participate in making of help files,"

Ok, great. I'll come up with something in a few days and i'll send it to you and xGEKKOx so you can making help files.

Quote: "...And the treeview now show bad icons.
Now the bar show colors in the buttons."

Can you post the scrrenshot of the bad icons. I checked the treeview example and the icon seems normal to me.

I think i found out what was causing the bug where all the icons on desktop dissapeared on mouse passage. Check the first post, there's an updated version. Test it and then tell me if that bug still happens.

God is real unless declared integer.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2010 07:24 Edited at: 9th Mar 2010 07:28
Ok i done a screen you requested:

You can see now is different from my last image (and i don't changed anything from the past in the treeview) and now some colors are appearing in the bar in the top.
That can be a good thing for the bar but not for the tree.

For the icons and desktop bug, is resolved!!! Thx Brandy.

The Power System Developer
luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2010 17:27 Edited at: 9th Mar 2010 17:55
Commands in commands list at first post are 355 exactly, i copy paste and get rid of empty lines.There is total 355 commands if there is no repated like others i wrote about.

And what is supposed to happend if there is window created as WS_CHILD style to dbpro window?Because i get the window all black.If there is another window in front of the other it becomes all white where is the other window.

This is from Windows example.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2010 20:25
Quote: "Commands in commands list at first post are 355 exactly, i copy paste and get rid of empty lines.There is total 355 commands if there is no repated like others i wrote about."

Corrected

Quote: "And what is supposed to happend if there is window created as WS_CHILD style to dbpro window?Because i get the window all black.If there is another window in front of the other it becomes all white where is the other window."

Place SET WINDOW ON command at the beggining of your code and then it will work as it should. The window should be white colored when created.

Quote: "You can see now is different from my last image (and i don't changed anything from the past in the treeview) and now some colors are appearing in the bar in the top."

I see. You told me that images in imagelist don't have many colors so i changed the color type and that's the reason the images in treeview look lke that. I will have to find some other color format or change it back to format that was before.

luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to create menu on WS_CHILD window?From what i can see, it`s not.If style is for example WS_OVERLAPPED the menu is created if it`s WS_CHILD, menu not created.Right-click menu drops without problem.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 15:49 Edited at: 10th Mar 2010 15:50
Maybe you can add the color type that can go near the JPG format.
Or maybe add a variable at the end of the function to specify wich tye we would use ?
function BLABLA(xxx,xxxx,xxxx,xxx, COLOR_TYPE);

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 20:18
Quote: "Is it possible to create menu on WS_CHILD window?From what i can see, it`s not.If style is for example WS_OVERLAPPED the menu is created if it`s WS_CHILD, menu not created.Right-click menu drops without problem."

No, child windows can't have menus.

Quote: "Or maybe add a variable at the end of the function to specify wich tye we would use ?
function BLABLA(xxx,xxxx,xxxx,xxx, COLOR_TYPE);"

I'll probably do that.

Odintk45
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for my bad english, it's not my first lang...
I found a bug :
When the width of my tab's items are too large, two small buttons with right/left arrows are created and the application crash when they're clicked.
Link102
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 01:47 Edited at: 16th Mar 2010 03:39
do you have any documentation on what all the commands mean?
or a event dispatch message method? or a method to lock the window size?

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 03:58
Quote: "do you have any documentation on what all the commands mean?"

Not yet.

Quote: "or a event dispatch message method?"

SEND EVENT commands is used for that

Quote: "or a method to lock the window size?"

You have to set WS_EX_STATICEDGE as ex style when creating a window

Quote: "I found a bug :
When the width of my tab's items are too large, two small buttons with right/left arrows are created and the application crash when they're clicked. "

I will try to fix that.

Link102
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 14:31 Edited at: 16th Mar 2010 14:38
Thank you for your reply
Quote: "You have to set WS_EX_STATICEDGE as ex style when creating a window"

yes, but what about the dark basic window?

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 18:44
Quote: "yes, but what about the dark basic window?"

At the moment you can't do that. Wait for the next update which will be in a couple of days. I will add a command: SET WINDOW EXSTYLE which will enable you to do what you want.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2010 06:46
There's an update in the first post!

Quote: "I found a bug :
When the width of my tab's items are too large, two small buttons with right/left arrows are created and the application crash when they're clicked. "

Fixed

@Link182
To lock the window size do this: WINDOW REMOVE STYLE window_handle, WS_THICKFRAME

Link102
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2010 15:46 Edited at: 18th Mar 2010 22:49
I see you left a help template in there. I wish I could help, but I don't know you plugin enough.

Thank you for the update.

found a couple if bugs:
1) In the menus example you can't uncheck subsubitem1
2) If you use ctrl + alt + del to open taskmanager the program crashes.
3) the rebar example is out of date, might be me, but you should check anyway.

edit:
I was having trouble closing (send event window_handle,WM_CLOSE,0,0) the program from within a function.
Be sure to either send the window handle along as a function parameter or make the handle variable global.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2010 22:57
Quote: "found a couple if bugs:
1) In the menus example you can't uncheck subsubitem1
2) If you use ctrl + alt + del to open taskmanager the program crashes."

1) you can, but you have to write a code for that by yourself
Here's the necessary code: if s=10 then menu check item menu,10,8-menu get item state(menu,10)

2) that isn't the bug in bbb gui plugin but in dbpro - it has something to do with the "lost device" from which dbpro can't recover

Link102
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 00:42
Any chance of getting a toolbar on the main window?
Why do you have all the examples in other windows anyway?

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 01:33
Quote: "Any chance of getting a toolbar on the main window?"

Maybe you should try to put tolbar on the main window first and then if it can't be done ask the above question. Toolbar can be on any window you want.

Quote: "Why do you have all the examples in other windows anyway?"

DBpro's main window has directx rendered inside it and other windows don't so some controls don't look as they should if they are inside dbpro's window.

Link102
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 01:49
I already tried, I never ask first then try. The directx viewport draws right over the buttons

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 01:58 Edited at: 19th Mar 2010 01:59
Quote: "I already tried, I never ask first then try. The directx viewport draws right over the buttons"

you have to add this to your code
window set style dbpro_w, window get style(dbpro_w)||WS_CLIPCHILDREN||WS_CLIPSIBLINGS

Link102
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 04:07
the problem was I used set display mode after window set style.

Thank you.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2010 23:26
Hi Brendy, i was returned after some days of work.
I'm starting to adapt the database and server side of the games servers to interact with the messenger.

I see now your new example!!
Really fantastic!

Some questions:

1)Is the toolbar in the web browser example the new toolbar that handle new image type??

2)Is possible to do the transparent window like we discussed in past, if you want i do an example using photoshop, so you can understand what i mean.

And another question i wanna ask you....
after you will finish this DLL, why you don't help me to develope the mmorpg i'm working on and start to earn something?
We can form a little team on TGC forum and we can look for some others help.

You know that free 2 play is the future with microtransaction. I think you know the graphic is not all in a game, but the story and the gameplay!!

sorry if i did a long post.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 03:43
@xGEKKOx
1)No, that's a regular toolbar, nothing new
2)No, and it will never be possible, you'll have to use static images for that

What's the story of your game? (if you can tell in a few lines)
In mmorpg's besides story, soundtrack have an important role too. How are you gonna handle that. Will that game be similar to an existing one? Which one?

I'm not really a fun of mmorpg's. I like rpg's though. And i think that it's hard to develop a decent mmorpg but if you think i can help i will be glad to. But that help will have to wait until i finish my primary project and that is Landscape & Map Creator.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 20:09 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2010 20:18
Sorry for this OT....

I'm a musician and i compose my music.

Listen here some preview for the last tune i did for my ingame (is only a test).
LISTEN THE SONG

The game is called now xFIGHTERSx, but is only a name to give it a name. It will be something never done, the mmospg part is like the others mmorpg on the net (i prefer 2D Iso Japan style) but when you fight the others you go like the Street Fighter visual.

This is the game test in walktrought (don't look the graphic madey by me i'm not good) but the engine test.
The test you see is on internet, i've already coded the net multiplayer and some other basic things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Jy1zZLH7w&NR=1

This is the test of game fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kWGqGu-8aA

The new of this is that after NPC fighters moved by CPU, there is more immediate PVP fighting vs all players on the game.

I already have a little web farm where i rent servers machine and i'm using a machine for my server side already created.

This is the reason i asked you if we can do a window in the main window with fixed proportions to put the chat inside.

I already builded a site where a user can register to get into the client, well i really done much things, hmm, in bad way is normal, ut all engine of all are working.

Maybe we can start a collaboration, searching for a graphician, and i can take up 24/7h the server side and we can share the code.
And try together in the spare time.
Thx for your interest.

N.B: This is extended also to other peoples, if we are some guys, i can publish the server side method calling. Again sorry for Off topic but i think your dll will help much coders to evolve in some routines.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 16th Apr 2010 23:56
Hi,

I'm trying to run the latest release of this, but any time I run any of th example programs I get a "DarkBASIC Pro Project Has Stopped Working" error and it closes after a few seconds. I'm not sure what version of DBPro I'm running (it's the free version but I don't know the version number), but has anybody else encountered this problem?

Check out my videos!
sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2010 01:53
Just found this searching for info on BlueGUI, and it looks great! Especially since it works properly with visual styles on Vista/W7 which BlueGUI dosen't seem to. Any idea if you will ever include Rich Edit gadgets, because I have used them heavily. Converting would take me ages, but BlueGUI definitely has its limits and restrictions.

Anyway, congrats on an impressive plugin.
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2010 22:58
Quote: "I'm trying to run the latest release of this, but any time I run any of th example programs I get a "DarkBASIC Pro Project Has Stopped Working" error and it closes after a few seconds. I'm not sure what version of DBPro I'm running (it's the free version but I don't know the version number), but has anybody else encountered this problem?"

When you get this error there should be a button or something similar called error details. Click on it and tell me what it says or post a screenshot of the error details.

Quote: " Any idea if you will ever include Rich Edit gadgets, because I have used them heavily. Converting would take me ages, but BlueGUI definitely has its limits and restrictions."

If i find time i will add it in one of the future releases

Quote: "Anyway, congrats on an impressive plugin."

Thanks.

Devonps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2010 13:43 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2010 14:50
Hi,

I'm using your plug-in to create a game editor and I have a question for you, how can I paste a sprite to one of the child windows?

...and keep up the good work

Edit: Found the answer...make static image

Marriage is a circle of rings....
Engagement ring, Wedding ring, Suffering!
JoeOh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2010 03:37 Edited at: 10th May 2010 03:51
How do I put the menu strip or a toolbar into the DBPro render window? (I hope it's possible)

[Edit]

It figures after I post this message I find the variable and how to use it by getting the "get dbpro window()" return function and using it like this:

Great add-on keep it up!

Home is where my souped-up computer is...
JoeOh
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, now I'm trying to add the toolbar under the menu in the main dbpro window. No matter what I do the toolbar won't show up, not even a blank toolbar. Here's what I have code-wise to show what I could be doing wrong:

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2010 01:44
Quote: "Ok, now I'm trying to add the toolbar under the menu in the main dbpro window. No matter what I do the toolbar won't show up, not even a blank toolbar."

After creation toolbar MUST be FIRST shown and then maximized
Insert this code after the creation of toolbar:
show window Main_Toolbar : maximize window Main_Toolbar

JoeOh
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool, I got it to work brendan. Also, how can I make a bottom adjustment toolbar or groupbox similar to what is found in the program Blender? I tried to use the "make groupbox" function, but when I maximized my application the grey area of the groupbox was replaced and messed up by the underneath applications.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2010 09:03 Edited at: 11th May 2010 09:04
Quote: "Cool, I got it to work brendan. Also, how can I make a bottom adjustment toolbar or groupbox similar to what is found in the program Blender? I tried to use the "make groupbox" function, but when I maximized my application the grey area of the groupbox was replaced and messed up by the underneath applications."

The groupboxes are the best idea i have for doing that. Can you post the code or an exe so i can see what exactly happens?

JoeOh
Years of Service
User Offline
I figured something out. I made a tab control, then put a group box inside now it doesn't mess up visually.

Also, how can I put camera views inside of h and vsplitters like in the Landscape and map creator program you made?

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2010 19:22
Quote: "Also, how can I put camera views inside of h and vsplitters like in the Landscape and map creator program you made?"

You can't. That isn't done with BBB GUI, i have another plugin for that. And camera views aren't put on splitters. There are 4 child windows which are connected with splitters (like in splitter example) and each of them has it's own backbuffer where 3d gets rendered.

JoeOh
Years of Service
User Offline
I was afraid you were going to say something like that. What is the plug-in you are using for that and where might I get it?

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2010 22:35
Quote: "I was afraid you were going to say something like that. What is the plug-in you are using for that and where might I get it?"

It's one of the plugins i made specially for use with Landscape & Map Creator and it's for personal use only.

You can fake that behaviour without that plugin like this: create 4 cameras and then use SET CAMERA VIEW command to set the rendering of each camera to a particular part of the screen. Between that parts put splitters and every time you move the splitter call SET CAMERA VIEW command again to set the new size based on the new position of the splitter. That's how i did it before i created that plugin and it worked quite well.

JoeOh
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, here's another one for ya. Are you familiar with the program called GIMP? the GNU Image Manipulation program? If you are, GIMP has a seperate toolbox window that has icons like Rectangle select tool, Eraser tool, pencil tool and many more.

When I click on the "pencil tool" the pencil icon stays pushed down while I use that tool to draw whatever. When I select another tool like the eraser, the eraser tool button stays pushed down and the pencil tool button returns to it's un-pushed state.

can this be done with your plug-in? if so how? I know I'm asking a lot but I like to know the limitations of what can be done with the code.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2010 23:47
Quote: "can this be done with your plug-in?"

That can be done with toolbars. Check the toolbar example - one of the toolbars have buttons that stay pushed once you push them. You can use that feature to achive the desired effect. When you click another button on a toolbar you'll have to unpush the onther buttons manualy. Check the keywords for available toolbar commands and play a little with them. I you 'll have any problems with it just let me know and i'll try to give some more precise help.

JoeOh
Years of Service
User Offline
I've found a way to accomplish what I want with the static/change image function. Sure I'll have to make all the "Buttons" by hand but it's ok. I loves the customization. Good stuff-

JoeOh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2010 02:44 Edited at: 13th May 2010 02:45
Got another one How can I make a slider with descriptive text and a linked editbox that shows the value of the slider like in the image attached?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2010 02:59
Quote: "Got another one How can I make a slider with descriptive text and a linked editbox that shows the value of the slider like in the image attached?"

Make a label that holds descriptive text
Make a trackbar (slider)
Make a updown control
And then update updown control value every time you change slider position.

B++
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 08:05
Hi Brendy,
Could you kindly show me how to dock a toolbar or child window on main window? A png image is attached, it is from your map editor screenshot

Thanks

Your Signature Here;

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 09:04
Quote: "Could you kindly show me how to dock a toolbar or child window on main window?"

All you have to do is to set a dbpro's window handle as a parent window handle when you are creating the window which you want to place on a main window. You can get dbpro's window handle using this command: get dbpro window()

"After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the other 90%." - Michael Abrash
B++
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 16:28 Edited at: 17th May 2010 16:38
Quote: "You can get dbpro's window handle using this command: get dbpro window()"

I am already doing this. My only problem is when a child window is created it does not dock. Any functions to dock it on main window(dbpro window)

EDIT: And one more confusion!

But it does not compile. Dbpro asks for one more parameter;

I don't understand?

Thank you

Your Signature Here;
Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 17th May 2010 19:26
Yes. u can dock it onto the dbpro main

using dbpro_w instead of w.

CHECK OUT SOME MUSIC FROM MY NEW TECHNO CD! TECHNOKINESIS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a8KedfgVv0
ALSO, CHECK OUT MY NEW TECHNO CD! http://www.imageposeidon.com/
Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 17th May 2010 19:26
Hi all. for some reason,

my editor is screwed up. it won't activate the open menu which has a test "end" function.

can someone please help me fix it?

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2010 03:42 Edited at: 18th May 2010 03:56
Quote: "I am already doing this. My only problem is when a child window is created it does not dock."

You need to set dbpro's window handle as a parent when creating a child window. If that doesn't work post a code so i can see.

Quote: "And one more confusion! toolbar insert separator does not compile *toolbar"

That is an error in keywords file.
This is correct sintax: TOOLBAR INSERT SEPARATOR toolbar_handle, index
And one more thing: don't put * sign before variable name.

Quote: "my editor is screwed up. it won't activate the open menu which has a test "end" function."

You have to check which menu item is selected or which menu string is selected (check the menu example to see how to do that) and then if selected menu string is open then do some staff...
I don't see that part of the code in the code you posted so that's why nothing happens when you selected open in the menu.

"After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the other 90%." - Michael Abrash
Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 18th May 2010 15:13
it's still not working.

and yes i did check which menu is selected.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2010 22:25
Yes, now you are checking which menu string is selected but once you get the selected menu string you don't do anything with it. String is saved in variable string1$ which you don't use anywhere in your code. You use variable file$ which is empty all the time because you don't fill it with data. Either save returned menu string in variable file$ or copy data from string1$ to file$ like this: file$=string1$

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:57:32
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:57:32