Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] RPG Mod Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
im kind of shocked how far down the page this thread is already! i will apply for your mod, is it better to wait till 2.20 is out and just keep an eye out for the release?.

great news on the x10 version code, and i am patient do not worry i am still waiting for double map area from mystic, its been put back again as airmod is more wanted to be intergrated, but that is fair. things are worth waiting for, if they are gonna be a major plus to you then waiting is fun.
anyway i would of thought double maps be a no go or they would already be there? although it was a possible migration option, according to tgc early threads.

what do you think rpg mod kings?

p.s. this is to get the thread further up the page.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2010 20:06
Quote: ". . .is it better to wait till 2.20 is out and just keep an eye out for the release?."

Actually you can get it now, so go ahead an apply for it. Unless you already have. It is downward compatible (is that how I want to say it?) So, you can get it now and you can start playing around with it. All that will be required for v2.2 is to replace the FPSC-Game.exe file and the help documentation.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2010 07:28
Update: 25-May-2010

Version: RPG Mod v2.20

Details:

* Generic Selection System (GSS)- allows player to choose character to play
* Rank/Experience System (RES)- allows developer to create a rank/experience system

Introduction:

We have completed our demo of RPG Mod v2.20. This version introduces the GSS and RES to the mod. The Generic Selection System [GSS] allows the player to select the character they want to play. The developer can specify different characters the player can choose from and configure the game accordingly. The Rank/Experience System [RES] allows the developer to establish a ranking system for the player.

The next two posts will show screen shots from playing both characters available in the demo. If you wish to try the demo yourself, you can download our RPG Mod Demo v2.20. When you play the demo and reach the end, the demo will exit completely. To play again 9and select a different character), simply restart the demo.

Current RPG Mod Users:

Current registered RPG mod users and other users that will register for RPG mod will receive the level files that were used to create this demo so they can load into their FPSC. This will allow them to see exactly how to setup the systems and scripts.

- BlackFox

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2010 07:29 Edited at: 26th May 2010 21:20
RPG Mod v2.20 Demo 25-May-2010

Character Selection: US Soldier

Introduction:

When you start moving in the demo, the GSS will open up, revealing the character selection.

In this post, we play the US soldier. As you can see from the GSS, we can right-mouse-click on the US soldier to view information on that character.

Once we left-mouse-click on the US Soldier, we are notified of the selection.

The first item to collect is a key. When you take the key, you gain 9 experience points.

By pressing the R key, you see your rank and experience points listed.

The next item to collect is a map. When you take the map, you gain 40 experience points.

At any time you gain experience, you can press R to view your rank and experience level.

Towards the end of the demo, we encounter two doors. Depending on which character we choose, we can enter only one door configured for that character selection. Since we selected the US Soldier, we can only open one door configured for the US Soldier character.

After opening the door configured to the selected character, we receive a final message.

This concludes the US Soldier character to our demo. As you can see, we can configure different aspects of the game to that selection, such as allowing access to a door, ability to pickup items, and more.

- BlackFox

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2010 07:30 Edited at: 26th May 2010 21:21
RPG Mod v2.20 Demo 25-May-2010

Character Selection: German Soldier

Introduction:

When you start moving in the demo, the GSS will open up, revealing the character selection.

In this post, we play the German soldier. As you can see from the GSS, we can right-mouse-click on the German soldier to view information on that character.

Once we left-mouse-click on the German Soldier, we are notified of the selection.

The first item to collect is a key. When you take the key, you gain 9 experience points. Notice one difference made- the hud is in German. This is due to the fact that our huds are configured to match the selected character. This does not mean that this mod supports use of various languages; it is used to demonstrate a configured hud to the selected character only. It could be a different hud altogether, in a different location, contain different text, etc. It is all in how you configure the items to relate to the character selection.

By pressing the R key, you see your rank and experience points listed, same as when we played the US Soldier.

The next item to collect is a map. When you take the map, you gain 40 experience points.

At any time you gain experience, you can press R to view your rank and experience level.

Towards the end of the demo, we encounter two doors. Depending on which character we choose, we can enter only one door configured for that character selection. Since we selected the German Soldier, we can only open one door configured for the German Soldier character.

After opening the door configured to the selected character, we receive a final message.

This concludes the German Soldier character to our demo. As you can see, we can configure different aspects of the game to that selection, such as allowing access to a door, ability to pickup items, and more.

- BlackFox

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2010 08:28 Edited at: 26th May 2010 08:33
Excellent Blackfox. This really does show off the two new systems.

To clarify. GSS is "Generic Selection System." There are 4 possible lists that can be created. If you create a character list then you still have 3 more possible lists. There are 12 possible items within each least. This means you can have up to 12 characters or 12 hud selections of your choice.

This makes the system very versatile. Although the max makes it limited I believe this should be an ample amount. If some find that they need more selection lists or more items, then just let us know; we may increase the max.

NOTE: Everything you see regarding the two systems is customized. You as the developer can make it look totally different. In fact, more than likely, no two games will look the same. The hard-coded procedures will be the same but not the look.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2010 19:07
RPG Mod v2.20 is set to be released on 29-May-2010. For those that have registered, we will send an e-mail notifying you once it is placed in your download folder. We will also include the levels used to create two demos:

* Demo 7: Inventory- this was the demo created to show moving from one level to another and back retaining your inventory

* Demo 8: GSS/RES- this was the demo showing the character selection and rank systems in usage.

The levels will include the scripts so you can load into your FPSC and see exactly how they are setup, etc.

- BlackFox

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 21:11
Release: RPG Mod v2.20

RPG Mod v2.20 has been released today. We have emailed all our RPG Mod users and have their release in their folder ready to download.

Enjoy.

- BlackFox

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Who do i have to email for this?

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2010 02:04
Quote: "Who do i have to email for this?"

Myself. Email is in my profile.

- BlackFox

zzbrandon
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent job guys. Simply amazing job, I will rather enjoy using this update.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2010 00:35
Thanks zzbrandon.

Guys and Gals, watch for v2.30. It has 2 new condition and 14 new action commands.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 10:34
V2.30 is done and in the hands of Blackfox. It now has 4 new conditions and 15 new actions. Three are airmods that I had decided to implement in this mod.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 22:15
Quote: "Now all we need is to be able to change the flak decals and we can have lots of spells.Excellent work flatlander."

Thanks Scope.

I spent a lot of hours trying to figure out how to do this to no avail. So, I stopped. Which is a good thing to do if one is stumped.

I have now revisited this possibility and I believe I have this working. I will include this in v2.30 Whew! After many, many hours trying to wrap my head around this. Knowing that PB had it kept me going because I knew it could be done.

I personally haven't completely understood how the gun specs and flak specs work together, so I am having difficulties getting things smoothed out. For example I have bullet casing (I think that's what they are) flying around in slow motion. Oh well.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 22:56
Quote: "For example I have bullet casing (I think that's what they are) flying around in slow motion. Oh well."

I had this too, but in FPSC vanilla. I noticed 1 bullet casing slowly floating off. When I fired after it had gone another started the same journey.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0Ghz, 2.0GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz, ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 23:33
Quote: "I had this too, but in FPSC vanilla. I noticed 1 bullet casing slowly floating off"

I'm actually glad to see that this is also a problem in FPSC vanilla. Not that I'm glad that it happens; but, it is something I didn't create.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 07:00 Edited at: 7th Jun 2010 07:01
For those who have not requested this mod yet, you can download the pdf documentation manual of the current version 2.30 which has not been released yet but soon will. Just click the download link in the lower right hand corner of post.

This will give you an idea of what all is in this mod. The new version 2.30 commands has the version number in bold after the command.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 00:37 Edited at: 9th Jun 2010 00:37
I have been working on an interesting command. rpg_shellexe=X Y-Z

X = a boolean value of 0 or 1. If set to 1 then all rpg data will be saved from the calling game level.

Y = the relative path where the new game resides.

Z = the name of the executable.

The original purpose for this command is to have a work around for the multilevel build problems with stand-alone builds. You can build either one level at a time or 3-4 levels at a time and hook them together using this command. The drawback is that you will have to use separate folders for each level (that means 20 if necessary). The reason for this is there is no way that I can tell to combine all of the images into one imageblock.bin. If you do not use imageblock.bin then you can copy each build into one folder.

If anybody knows of a way to combine all the images into one imageblock.bin file, let me know.

On a further note, this might be useful for other possibilities as well.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 02:01 Edited at: 9th Jun 2010 02:09
Quote: "If anybody knows of a way to combine all the images into one imageblock.bin file, let me know."

You would not really need to combine all images into one imageblock.bin file. You can have the imageblock.bin file per build. Follow what I mean. You do a build of level 1,2,3- it has an imageblock.bin file once it is done the build. Place this build in folder A. You then build level 4,5,6- it will have an imageblock.bin file. Place this build in folder B. You then launch the game from the exe in folder A and play; set a trigger with the command somewhere in level 3 which then launches the exe in folder B.

You have done what I have created in my Visual Basic. I tell the VB interface where the exe is residing when you click on the level to start. Your method would not require the player to return to the VB interface to select the next set of levels. Instead, the player would launch once and when that command was executed, it would then run the next build.

- BlackFox

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 02:20
Also, you will be able to save and load the rpg data for the next build or level.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2010 07:21
I actually have the shell command working. It works pretty slick except for one issue. When the level is ready, it's not ready. It does the same thing that the test levels do. It hangs there until you click the mouse button. Either left or right. That is absolutely disturbing. I have tried for the last couple of days to find out why but to no avail. Therefore, I am leaving this be for now. I have asked Blackfox to release v2.30 as soon as he can.

Just to let off steam, I'm seeing how difficult it will be to include airmod in this mod. I already have started but we'll see. I've done this once before and had a lot of issues and couldn't get it to compile. This will be a different version of course. Maybe 3.0? I'm not sure.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2010 07:31 Edited at: 10th Jun 2010 08:40
Release: RPG Mod v2.30

RPG Mod v2.30 will be released on 10-Jun-2010 @ 0900 PST. We will email all our RPG Mod users and have their release in their folder ready to download at that time.

[EDIT]

Change of deployment time. BlueFox and I have just finished uploading the RPG Mod user's archive to their folder, and sent out their e-mail message. It's now released.

- BlackFox

Blind Digger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 00:10
Thanks for the update.

Stephen
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2010 04:56 Edited at: 13th Jun 2010 04:58
Your welcome Stephen, The new commands are listed in the doc but not separately. They do have v2.30 next to the command name, however. Under actions they are in weapons and miscellaneous. Under conditions they are under game play.

I was just looking at the migration thread. Airmod is listed as an addition to the migration.

Miscellaneous Features
-------------------------------------------------

Dualshock controller support - COMPLETED (V1.17)
Google Code - COMPLETED (V1.17)
FPSC Web (Play games in a web browser) - IN PROGRESS (V1.17)
AirMod - IN PROGRESS

-------------------------------------------------

It looks like it is getting close for beta testing. There are only 8 in progress out of 23. By watching the progress of the updates in google, it looks like Dark AI could be completed sometime soon.

Anyway, since airmod is going to be implemented in the migration, I am not going to bother with implementing it now in RPG Mod.

One thing I would like is Dual wielding because that way one could have a sheild along with a sword. IMHO, as far as waving two weapons around like Arnold Schwarzenegger is ridiculous to me. This is just a personal response.

So, don't expect airmod in RPG Mod until the first version (1.17 of the migration is officially released. He might even make it v1.20. Me, I would make it 2.0.

Edit:

Don't get me wrong I love Arnold Schwarzenegger movies. I hope he goes back to making movies after he is done playing Governor.

gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 00:10
ok i have a stupid question to make.... how do i request a download via email ? i'm realy asking it, i'm not kidding.
sorry by the question

mods for creating a inteligent game,at least
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 01:42
No problem. Do you have an email address? Would you able to send an email to blackfox1997@hotmail.com? If so, then send an email to that address (you can click on the address as well) saying, "I'd like a download link to RPG Mod." BlackFox will set up a download link and you can then download it using that link.

If you don't have an email address it is easy to get a free one with google (gmail) or MSN (hotmail) or Yahoo. We can give directions to getting an email account if you need.

If you have any other questions don't be afraid to ask and don't feel that any question is stupid.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 06:43
Would anyone like to see airmod in RPG Mod before the migration?

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 10:07 Edited at: 19th Jun 2010 15:54
Don't everybody cheer at once.

Scope
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes.
Scope.
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 15:31
Hey, don't feel bad.

RPG mod is just smaller in terms of users. You just need to get the name out there a bit more.

Also, I think the feature list intimidates most new people. Most people aren't too happy with learning how to script, and some of the features in Fenix/PB do not require any. Maybe if you worked on some features that didn't require scripting, you could get some more users?

And just so you know, I haven't been posting, but I have been lurking in this thread. I know what's going on.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 19:33
Quote: "Also, I think the feature list intimidates most new people. Most people aren't too happy with learning how to script, and some of the features in Fenix/PB do not require any. Maybe if you worked on some features that didn't require scripting, you could get some more users?"

That's what separates RPG Mod from the rest of the mods. It is not a plug-and-play mod. Users will need to have some sort of scripting knowledge in order to use it. In order to make features available without scripting knowledge, the whole mod would need to be rewritten which is not an option.

As I've outlined to Flatlander, we have done multiple projects which have been released commercially using this mod. The simple fact is that it requires some time and setup for it to function fully. We're quite pleased and impressed with the capabilities. Without using this mod, we could not achieve our goals. It may not have what others want in it, but then again you can't have everything in life. It's the same analogy as cars. I drive a Ford, he drives a Chev. All boils down to personal preference.

As far as users, we have an extensive user database since the version 2 release. We're quite happy with the numbers, and have no worries there.

- BlackFox

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 19:58
I know, I love scripting mods. I think they have great capabilities. It's just some might not agree.

And when I say new features w/o scripting, I didn't mean rewrite the ones you have, I mean more allowing certain features being plug and play.

But, it's your mod, and you have the freedom to do what you will.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 22:56 Edited at: 20th Jun 2010 01:09
hi guys, good work again, and i am not worried either way on airmod before migration, why do yourself more headaches if it is being written in by the inventor of dbpro and fpsc, give yourself a holiday but if enough want it then i will support them,

idea alert!!! maybe try the sky box ambient lighting on a timer for realistic day n night. but its only random ideas.(not sure thats possible)

anyway been off for little while been watching w.cup and upgrading my gpu to hd5850 but then had to upgrade my psu then that did not work then bought another one etc ect so anyway im back and hello.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2010 04:21
Hi SB,

Thanks for responding. I have been vascillating between releasing RPG Mod with airmod or not.

This is my final decision. I will not. I would rather wait for the migration before I add anything else. Including enhancements to the skybox.

There is a plug-in for DBPro called Dark Clouds. It is a real cool plug-in that does just what you were suggesting. It seems to me that Lee at one time was going to put Dark Clouds into FPSC. So I will wait and see. If not I might consider purchasing Dark Clouds and try to do that myself.

For those interested in seeing what this can do, then go Here and click on the video. You will be amazed.

CapnBuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Although I would love to see a dynamic skybox, unless FPSC begins to accommodate larger maps and ups the FPS, seems a dynamic skybox would be more of a novelty than anything else.

I've gotta confess... very interested in the talk of "dual wielding."
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2010 07:21
Quote: "Although I would love to see a dynamic skybox, unless FPSC begins to accommodate larger maps and ups the FPS, seems a dynamic skybox would be more of a novelty than anything else.

I've gotta confess... very interested in the talk of "dual wielding.""

I'm keeping that in the back of my mind just for you, Cap. Remembering the Western you're working on. Having dual guns would be a perfect match for you.

- BlackFox

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2010 19:38 Edited at: 21st Jun 2010 19:42
Hi Cap,

Dual Wielding is pretty much an exlusive of Plystire. It took him awhile to code this. I remember when he did a teaser thread for this and a lot of people thought it was an April Fools joke. Nobody thought it were possible. But to just about everybody's surprise it was real.

I'm not sure if this will be something we can do real soon.

However, you can use my armour commands to help.

rpg_playerarmour=(Percentage of armour strength)
• If set to 100 there will be no damage to player.
rpg_usearmourtimer=(Amount of time armour is in use.)
• Amount of time is in seconds. You are able to use decimal fractions as well.

The player can pick up armour to use. You determine the percentage of protection. You can also time the effectiveness of the armour. You can put the armour in inventory and the player will have to take it out of inventory to use.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2010 20:45 Edited at: 21st Jun 2010 20:46
Hey Flatlander, for the armour why not put another command in for health 'damping'. Then instead of the armour fully protecting the player it would reduce the amount of health taken off by a percentage instead.

Then it allows the developer to have it protect against all damage (like the armour in your post) 'rpg_armourdamping=100'.
Or to protect against half the damage 'rpg_armourdamping=50', to protect against 80% of the damage 'rpg_armourdamping=80', etc..

knxrb
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2010 21:09 Edited at: 21st Jun 2010 21:10
Thanks for responding and the suggestion, knxrb.

Actually, this is what I think I'm doing. I just call it rpg_playerarmour. The player can pick up a piece of armour and puts it into his inventory. The developer gives this piece of armour a 50% value and so when the player takes it out of his inventory to use it, evertime the player gets hit either by a bullet or by a sword or anything else that would effect his health, it will "dampen" the value. In other words, if the damage is set to be a -20, the actual damage will be a -10 while the player has "on" this armour. When I created and named the command I was thinking of the player being able to put on armour for protection. I could have named it what you called it rpg_armourdamping, but I was focused on the armour and not actually what I was doing with the code. I've always been frustrated at what to call a command.

So, as you said, 100 would be total protection, the player being invincible with that particular armour. Or any percentage the developer wants to give the armour as protection.

Bozo907
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 16:38
This is one of the best mods i have seen. thx for this.

BOZO907

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 17:34
Quote: "This is one of the best mods i have seen. thx for this."

You are most welcome.

- BlackFox

lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 20:22
beautiful work, congratulations! send email to blackfox

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 21:44
Quote: "send email to blackfox"

Received, processed, and replied

- BlackFox

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 22:17 Edited at: 27th Jun 2010 22:30
Quote: "RPG Mod is not a "copy & play" mod. It requires knowledge in scripting, and requires the developer to be able to script the fpi files required for RPG Mod to work. It also works in x9 only at this time."

Quote: " I think the feature list intimidates most new people. Most people aren't too happy with learning how to script, and some of the features in Fenix/PB do not require any. Maybe if you worked on some features that didn't require scripting, you could get some more users?"

Quote: "That's what separates RPG Mod from the rest of the mods. It is not a plug-and-play mod. Users will need to have some sort of scripting knowledge in order to use it. In order to make features available without scripting knowledge, the whole mod would need to be rewritten which is not an option."

So, are you guys saying that all of the new systems are more or less actions and conditions added to the FPI?
So, the user gets to mix and match features to suit their game's needs?

That sounds awesome, but then again, I am comfortable scripting FPI.

I like the idea of using the FPI scripts to add most of the functionality of the mod, because that way it gives the user more control.
It seems like it may have less conflicts with levels designed with Vanilla too.
Adding to the FPI instead of changing the behavior of the existing commands seems like a good idea to me.

This MOD is looking awesome guys, really.
It really tempts me to want to try out a MOD.
Keep up the good work.

Conjured Entertainment

WARNING: Intense Madness
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 22:28
Quote: "I am comfortable scripting FPI."

As am I, just that others aren't.

Another problem you may have getting the name out there is getting someone to email one of you guys for the mod. If you could have just a download, that could help new users get easy access.

Just my 2 cents.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 22:36 Edited at: 27th Jun 2010 22:39
Quote: "As am I, just that others aren't."

I know what you meant, and I agree, there are a lot of people who do not want to script but want the cool features.
It sounds like what this MOD may need for those people is a couple good scripters to take on some scripting requests. (stock scripts for the mod)

Quote: "Another problem you may have getting the name out there is getting someone to email one of you guys for the mod. If you could have just a download, that could help new users get easy access."

Once again, I agree, because I too found that email for download thing to be a discouragement.
I guess it just weeds out lazy people like me though because of the extra step.
However, others may get paranoid thinking you may give people you don't like a special version but only the ones who think you don't like them would worry about that.

Conjured Entertainment

WARNING: Intense Madness
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 22:38 Edited at: 27th Jun 2010 22:39
Quote: "What this MOD needs for those people is a couple good scripters to take on some scripting requests. (stock scripts for the mod)
"

You know what? I might just have to sign up for that if it goes into action.

Quote: "I guess it just weeds out lazy people like me though"

I think honestly that it would be the only upside, other than keeping track of your user base.

Quote: "but only the ones who think you don't like them would worry about that."

lol

You like me right F l a t l a n d e r?...Right?

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 01:00 Edited at: 28th Jun 2010 05:17
Quote: "So, are you guys saying that all of the new systems are more or less actions and conditions added to the FPI?
So, the user gets to mix and match features to suit their game's needs?"

That is correct. The various systems are coded in the three main RPG Mod fpi files. If you want to use each one, you can. If you only want to use parts of the mod (example: I'm not using a couple of the features in a game development; in another I'm using all of them), then you only need to keep those sections you are not using "empty".

Quote: "Another problem you may have getting the name out there is getting someone to email one of you guys for the mod. If you could have just a download, that could help new users get easy access."

I realize that I could put a download up in the forum, just like other mod developers have. We would rather the users see the thread, go to the main page that contains much more information, and if they decide they want it still then they just have to send a simple e-mail. The second reason for our method is that the e-mail requests get processed automatically and each users account is setup via automation; deployment is automated. Each user is added to our database- they get e-mail updates every time a new update comes out, they receive their own login account which contains all their RPG Mod files since registering, including updates, any script packs we create, etc. It allows us to be able to get to know our users and know exactly how to best facilitate the mods development with the user base we do have, or to provide support when it is needed. The users know that they can either post their questions on a mod issue in the thread or e-mail me directly and they will get a response without being "lost in the shuffle".

Hopefully that answers the question to our method of deployment.

Quote: "However, others may get paranoid thinking you may give people you don't like a special version but only the ones who think you don't like them would worry about that."

Not to put too fine a point on this comment, but one could also say the same thing about Project Blue. User has to make a payment to the developer, and their purchase is e-mailed to them. It's the same method, except our mod is free and they only send us an e-mail and their download server account is processed and ready for them. I doubt that those of us that are known would even attempt to make a special version.

If there are further concerns over our methods, I would invite those comments to be directed to us via e-mail.

- BlackFox

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 04:11
Quote: "Hopefully that answers the question to our method of deployment."

That does make sense, however I guess the only problem is they have to be 110% sure they want it. Though I guess that's for the better, and while there may be less permeation, there's also less "need help with X in mod Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" threads.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 04:22
Quote: "That does make sense, however I guess the only problem is they have to be 110% sure they want it. Though I guess that's for the better, and while there may be less permeation, there's also less "need help with X in mod Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" threads."

We have only had one request for help, and that was a language issue. I had to translate the steps into a different language, which fortunately for me in my career it was easy to facilitate. It's not an issue of making sure users are 110% certain they want it. The forum thread gives the "general" information; the website lists more details. It is easier for us to update one location rather than two or three locations. We just choose not to follow the current trend of posting downloads in a forum.

- BlackFox

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 11:41:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 11:41:44