Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] RPG Mod Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 04:26
That makes sense.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 06:17 Edited at: 28th Jun 2010 06:20
BTW Shadowtroid, I like you. Let me buy you a beer. If you're old enough.

There are no special treatments -- good, bad or otherwise. Everybody gets the same mod. In fact I have no idea whose who and I believe that the majority of those who send a request don't even reveal the name they use on the TGC forums. Blackfox sends me updates of the database entries but I actually don't look at them very closely.

Yes, I want them to be more than 100% sure they want it. This is a serious mod. Not that Project Blue is not but PB is simply more plug and play. Although scripting is important to any engine; whether the vanilla wrapper or otherwise.

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 13:45 Edited at: 28th Jun 2010 13:48
Quote: "BTW Shadowtroid, I like you."

Good.

Quote: "Let me buy you a beer. If you're old enough. "

Let me put it this way...If I told you then that post would be deleted.

Quote: "and I believe that the majority of those who send a request don't even reveal the name they use on the TGC forums."

If it matters the one I think it signed me up as is JakeRitter...How it managed to get my name I do not know. Probably my email info.

Quote: "There are no special treatments -- good, bad or otherwise. Everybody gets the same mod."

If I ever made a mod I would be too lazy to even make different versions of it. So if anyone thinks that they might get different treatment...

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 19:38
Quote: "How it managed to get my name I do not know. Probably my email info"

All part of the automation system we built. Your message had your name, and the system is built to extract that and use it for your login name. If not, it will use the name in front of the @ symbol of the e-mail address. It also searches the database of contacts I have built to see if there is a name associated with that e-mail address and will use that if there is one.

All part of the wonderful process

- BlackFox

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2010 03:52
Quote: "All part of the wonderful process "

That's actually a little freaky.

Do you know where I live?

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2010 22:48
Even though there is no official version yet, I was quite anxious to see how RPG Mod will integrate. I am currently integrating the mod with r238 of the google code dba. This was the last dba update that I downloaded which was very recently (last 24 hours) and I believe covers beta 2 of the public beta.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2010 19:59 Edited at: 13th Jul 2010 20:03
Because of the quick beta 3 release which added some things I would like to see working with rpg mod, I might put off finishing the integration. I did start, however, one of my most dreaded compilation errors is giving me fits. I seem to always have this problem. An if statement is NOT closed somewhere in 60,000 lines of code. It has to be because of my integration but it still is difficult to find. Other than that what I have integrated so far is at least compiling without syntax error.

NOTE:

It looks like all of rpg mod will be able to integrate except for one: rpg_playeraccuracy But I won't count it totally out. It wasn't a very good command anyway but I will I would like to be able to at least start the player out as a lousy shot for ranking purposes.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2010 22:09
Quote: "An if statement is NOT closed somewhere in 60,000 lines of code."

Yeah, I've been meaning to mention the amount of lines in the code. I just love going through RPG Mod's lines of code.

Quote: "It looks like all of rpg mod will be able to integrate except for one"

Well one out of how many is acceptable.

- BlackFox

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2010 05:40
I am slowly integrating RPG Mod into v117. So far so good.

Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2010 07:31
That's great news

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2010 07:43
Yes it is. I want this to work probably as much or more than anybody.

I'm pushing on and adding a few things at a time. The majority of it has been added. The code that could cause problems is all that is left.

Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2010 08:08
Your a very clever bugger, wish I had your brains.

Scope
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent news.
Scope.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2010 15:25 Edited at: 5th Aug 2010 15:30
Quote: "Your a very clever bugger, wish I had your brains."

Well, don't go wishing too hard or it just might happen and you'll be sorry you did.

Most of it is almost 50 years experience.

Besides, Nbt, I DO wish I had your talent for creating models. OMGosh your London pack is out of this world. I was so glad to see that it became an official pack. I was so hoping.

@Scope

Thanks for responding. Even though I try not to let non-responses get to me, I always appreciate them totally when I do get them.

EDIT:

@Everybody

I'm so close to finishing up I can taste it. Also, so far so good. However, I will need to test out most of the commands again to see if they are working properly and don't cause a crash.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 00:56
I have finished integrating RPG Mod into the official v117 release. I am now going to be testing it.

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 01:08
Congratulations Flatlander

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 16:19
RPG Mod has successfully be integrated into v117.

proart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 19:51
Hi! I'm a very starter to write scripts so I have a question.
How to do a converstation and how to do missions?
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 20:18 Edited at: 7th Aug 2010 20:18
So this is in 117 now? or ,118?
Because I have always wanted to use it but didnt want to sacrifice features of other mods for it

The 2,000,000th TGC post was made in MY ww2 weapons thread!

(I should now be a TGC legend, right?)
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 20:20
Hi proart,

Blackfox would be glad to help you out. All you need to do is send him an email. blackfox1997@hotmail.com

He is -9 hours from Budapest.

I almost forgot he is on vacation through the 8th of August.

"Conversation" can also be found in the How-to of the help documentation. Of course, because it is in English it might be confusing.

Send me an email, if Blackfox doesn't get back to you within 48 hours. Just use my email link.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 20:23
@General Jackson.

It is v117. I will not be integrating RPG Mod into v118 until the official release of it.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 19:36 Edited at: 10th Aug 2010 19:39
@ proart

Quote: "Hi! I'm a very starter to write scripts so I have a question.
How to do a converstation and how to do missions?"

I assume you are referring to how to setup the mod to do conversations and quests (missions). It is a bit complicated to explain in a forum post and I'd need a good two pages to give you a breakdown of the steps. Feel free to e-mail me directly and I'll get you underway with any help you need.

In the meantime, I'm back from my nice vacation fully recharged and now testing RPG Mod v3.0, which has been ported into FPSC v1.17. If all goes according to plan, release will be soon. I'll post more details in the next few days as I sift through everything to ensure stability, etc.

- BlackFox

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2010 11:30 Edited at: 12th Aug 2010 11:36
Just wanted to check out my new simple sig and bump up this thread.

I thought I needed a change. I really like the logo and I have Blackfox to thank for it.

BTW, thanks Marc Steene. I'm glad there are people such as yourself who are helping the migration along the way. It is really super. I'm having no real problems with it. It is a little more complex with the shaders and all but all it takes is experimenting.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Add more adventure -- use RPG Mod
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2010 04:07
RPG Mod v3.00 is undergoing the final testing state. This version is ported into FPSC v1.17. If all goes well, release should be after this weekend.

- BlackFox

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2010 19:03 Edited at: 13th Aug 2010 19:24
Update: 13-Aug-2010

We are ahead of schedule and have successfully tested RPG Mod v3.00. I have now released this version, and have dispatched an email to all the RPG Mod users regarding the release. When they login to their account, there will be two folders- FPSC v1.16 and FPSC v1.17.

We will be supporting both versions of FPSC. v1.16 will still remain in the v2.xx; v1.17 will now be v3.xx of RPG Mod.

Enjoy.

- BlackFox

Cloner
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a miillion for the upgrade to 1.17 and all the good work you guys do for hobbyists like me.
I am continuously amazed by the dedication and commitment people like BlackFox, BlueFox, and Flatlander and significant others have for helping others, and for free.
Well, not for free, but at the expenditure of their own resources, time, money, skill, bandwidth, storage space ad infinitum.
The least I can do is say "THANK YOU."
My respects to you all.

Still moving in circles.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 04:48 Edited at: 14th Sep 2010 19:34
Thanks Cloner.

A few updates to reveal.

* I have increased the number of Generic Selections from 4 to 200.

* I have included a spotlight effect to emulate a flashlight. The commands are:

rpg_useflashlight=0 or 1 (boolean false or true)
rpg_flashlightrange=set an ineger value
rpg_flashlightred=1-255 (rgb)
rpg_flashlightgreen=1-255 (rgb)
rpg_flashlightblue=1-255 (rgb)
rpg_flashinnerangle=set as a real value
rpg_flashouterangle=set as a real value

* There are three more additional commands to be able to write data to a text file.

rpg_openfile2write=filenumber namefile
rpg_write2file=filenumber datastring
rpg_deletefile=namefile

* We also have a compass available.

* Also a few bug fixes.

This will be v3.2. I did not add any of this to v2.3x.

Add more adventure to your game -- use RPG Mod
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 19:13 Edited at: 14th Sep 2010 19:14
Edit:

I guess the compass has been available for awhile. It is also in v2.3x. I had a lapse of memory there. I couldn't see it in the help documenation so I thought it was newer.

When the ole brain cells start dying you can't rely on the Department of Dead Brain Cells

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 23:43
An updated manual is in the works.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 17:02
The newest release will not allow ambient override in test mode. However, there is a new RPG Mod setup init flag that will allow the override if the developer wants this feature. It requires no parameter and the command flag is "rpg_useambientoverride."

Also, the manual is updated. Hopefully this all will be released this weekend. However, it is when Blackfox will find the time. No pressure on him.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 17:26
Quote: "The newest release will not allow ambient override in test mode. However, there is a new RPG Mod setup init flag that will allow the override if the developer wants this feature. It requires no parameter and the command flag is "rpg_useambientoverride."

Also, the manual is updated. Hopefully this all will be released this weekend. However, it is when Blackfox will find the time. No pressure on him."

Good catch on this, Flatlander. glad that you and Rolfy also noticed this. I was trying to figure out why my ambience was not changing properly. Adding this flag will be a benefit.

- BlackFox

RPG Mod- Create a world full of adventure
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
could someone post a flashlight script?

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 17:45 Edited at: 18th Sep 2010 19:14
@DarkJames The version which includes the flashlight hasn't been released yet. The manual will have the commands. However, there is no "How-To" for it as yet.

Using the "spotlight" to create a flashlight effect is tricky and will take some (if not a lot) of trial and error.

Here are the commands with their defaults.

Blackfox mentioned that he will release the newer versions this afternoon. PST.

Addendum #1

When you set the command rpg_useflashlight=1 within an in-game script the flashlight will be turned on by default. The key to turn on and off the flashlight is hard-coded as "F." That just seemed natural and didn't think of allowing it to be changed I guess.

Addendum #2

I decided to do a little testing. I hadn't yet. I have just discovered that the spotlight will not work on static objects and segments. Only dynamic entities will have a spotlight effect. Darn. This renders the spotlight as a flashlight useless.

I'm afraid the best flashlight so far is the script xplosys had made along with a full screen hud that has a darkened outer ring and then changing the ambience accordingly. I'm probably more disappointed in this as I took several hours coding that. There is too much lighting code to have to go through in order to get it the way we would like. Sorry about that.

Addendum #3

I added this in the help documentation. It might not have made it in the release, however.

Quote: "This is not the most ideal method for creating a flashlight effect. However, it is best with "no shader effects" checked."

Most static objects will be lit up but some segments still don't seem to be effected while others do.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 18:32
Quote: "I'm afraid the best flashlight so far is the script xplosys had made along with a full screen hud that has a darkened outer ring and then changing the ambience accordingly. I'm probably more disappointed in this as I took several hours coding that. There is too much lighting code to have to go through in order to get it the way we would like. Sorry about that."

I would not worry about it. It's a start, and we will get it sorted out at some point. At least we have a frame of reference.

RPG Mod v3.20 has now been released.

- BlackFox

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 18:39
Going to check it out ASAP.

BTW - The FTP Panel doesn't seem to work on Google Chrome.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, got the RPGmod recently and installed it ok. My game crashed however on picking up an object, midpoint through the game. It was a objective related item, so am guessing that is the problem. All the ones before that had worked fine. Temporarily I have reverted back to standard as I am still new and want to avoid complications. One thing I noticed was a fairly horrible start screen saying it was created in RPG mod. I don't mind putting it in the credits or such, but having that screen at the start is pretty horrible. I like my games to look nice and clean when loading. I imagine I can probably change that screen if I look for it, but it may be hard wired into it of course.
My question apart from the objective item one is, can that screen be changed or done away with, if I want to? Is that allowed? Also on a non related note, as you are modding the DB code is it possible to have an option for y axis control? I downloaded the code myself to see if it was an easy fix, but as I don't have Dark AI, it wouldn't compile. If you could add that into a revision it would be useful, as even in my small circle of friends I have one awkward one that prefers a flight control method, rather than the more widely used wysiwyg system, lol excuse my naming conventions but I think of them like that.

http://s6.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103081
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 19:10
@ Gencheff

Quote: "The FTP Panel doesn't seem to work on Google Chrome"

I don't use Chrome. The interface works fine in either IE or Firefox. I just don't have time to code it for all the available browsers. Sorry.

@ DVader

Quote: "can that screen be changed or done away with, if I want to?"

You can change the screen. The mod was coded and uses the file called splash.bmp, which is located in the RPG_Mod/images folder. Just replace that image with one you want, but remember it must be in BMP extension. I've changed mine to one our company uses.

Quote: "My game crashed however on picking up an object, midpoint through the game. It was a objective related item, so am guessing that is the problem. All the ones before that had worked fine."

If this is in a test only, check to ensure the following:

* In the rpg_clues_setup.fpi script:

1. rpg_objectiveidentifier= <nameoftheentity> --> ensure the item name you use is the name given to the object in the editor.
2. ensure the pickup script has the correct inventory identifier in the rpg_setup.fpi script. For example, I have a script when picking up an object. Part of the script has:

In my rpg_setup.fpi script, I have the item PADD4M defined like this:

In other words, double check the item causing the crash to ensure you are specifying the correct item you defined in your setup. In my example, I defined the item PADD4M, so all my pickup scripts refer to PADD4M.

- BlackFox

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 19:11 Edited at: 18th Sep 2010 19:12
Quote: "One thing I noticed was a fairly horrible start screen saying it was created in RPG mod. I don't mind putting it in the credits or such, but having that screen at the start is pretty horrible. I like my games to look nice and clean when loading. I imagine I can probably change that screen if I look for it, but it may be hard wired into it of course."

Not hard-coded. It can be changed to a different image. The image is found in the RPG Mod/images folder. The file name is splash.bmp. Just replace it with your own "splash.bmp." I'm not sure what would happen if it is simply deleted. It should just show a blue screen I think. That is hard-coded by Lee.

Quote: "is it possible to have an option for y axis control?"

I'm afraid I don't understand. y axis control for what?

As far as the first issue, I'm going to let Blackfox handle that one.

EDIT:

OK, he already had. On everything. :LOL:

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 19:12
Quote: "I don't use Chrome. The interface works fine in either IE or Firefox. I just don't have time to code it for all the available browsers. Sorry."

No pressure at all.I have 5 different browsers so I got what I needed,just thought I'd point it out.

If you need help with Chrome compatability,just tell me

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm afraid the best flashlight so far is the script xplosys had made along with a full screen hud that has a darkened outer ring and then changing the ambience accordingly. I'm probably more disappointed in this as I took several hours coding that. There is too much lighting code to have to go through in order to get it the way we would like. Sorry about that."

I just like to point out that xplosys didn't make the flashlight script it was me and then edited by many other people, xplosys just hosted the flashlight v2 on his site.

I also noticed that the web site is not working blackfox.

Nice work on the new update I will def have to try out this mod, it has come along way.

Keep up the good work.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu fpsc packer its free.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 19:48
I'm seriously sorry s4Real. Now that you said something, I do remember that it was you. For those interested here is a link to s4Real's flashlight thread. As I said it works real well.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=118690&b=24

I haven't tried it in v1.17 though.

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 20:14
Alright,I thought I'd give some feedback on the 3.20 release.

Everything works fine on 1.18b1.No frame-rate drops,no errors so far.

Good job

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2010 00:43 Edited at: 19th Sep 2010 00:44
Oh, you don't understand the Y axis control question? That just goes to show how rare it is these days to find peeps who got used to one way of playing fps shooters, and do not want to change. Basically in FPS creator when you move the mouse around up is up and down is down. The way my friend wants it is down is up and up is down. Like a flight sim. Easy to alter in DB code I would imagine, it only involves swapping control states. Not so easy getting a choice in game with options without knowing the code inside and out though I would imagine. I know it seems silly but it took me almost a week longer to get my game play tested because of this one simple flaw. He called it, and I quote "Racist, or that's ****** racist!!" to be entirely accurate, when I said there was no option to change the default mouse control. Lol.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2010 06:12
Thanks Gencheff. BTW, I like your models. Just never got around to posting in your thread.

@DVader:

I've only known it using a joystick. We have the "setup" capability to do that in FPSC with a joystick. Started out with the xbox controller. Unfortunately, the joystick cannot be used in test mode.

As far as "mouse look." DBPro has commands of course to do whatever you like with the camera view, like Pitch Camera Up and Pitch Camera Down. However, we're dealing with 40-50 thousands lines of code originally written by Lee and then having to figure out where in that code he has all the "mouse look" commands. There probably aren't that many places but I still have to place the flags just right. I'm not ready to do that right now. Sorry.

I'm not racist, just not motivated enough. If I wanted this feature I would do it. Or if somebody wanted to pay me big bucks . . . well, I would still have to consider if it were worth it.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
No probs just a thought, I posted about it in the official requests forum, as I heard there are going to be menu options added possibly in 1.18. I suggested they put the option in there. Should be a walk in the park for Mr. Bamber to do I would imagine, as he wrote it and probably knows it inside and out.
I am not sure about joystick support, does that come as standard when you build an exe? Mine never works, but am happy with keyboard and mouse personally. My mate might suffer a joypad if he can reverse it lol.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2010 03:50
After you compile an executable game, you go into the setup.ini file (in main folder) and place this line in it:

xbox=1 joystick up goes up, or
xbox=2 joystick up goes down.

I think it should work with a regular compatible joystick. However, I have only games with an xbox controller. My Grandson likes to use the xbox controller instead of a mouse.

If you are using RPG Mod, then the xbox controller buttons are a little different from what they originally were. You should have gotten this with the stuff you got from Blackfox. If you didn't and need the info on what does what, then I'll be glad to upload a jpeg image of it.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, will have a try, not got an xbox pad myself, have a ps2 one with a converter so will see if it works.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2010 01:35 Edited at: 29th Sep 2010 01:40
Update: 28-Sep-2010

RPG Mod v3.21 has been released today. This version release fixed the traversing to and from levels. For some reason, there was some code that got missed when we ported RPG Mod into FPSC v1.17. Thanks to Flatlander, he found the error and it has now been fixed.

RPG Mod Registered Users:

When you access your account, there is a Script Packs folder. Inside that folder is a file called RPG_Mod_UserPack002_FPSC117.zip. This file contains the scripts and .fpm level map files for you to see exactly how we created the idea of moving from level 1 to 2; back to 1, etc. I have made these levels in FPSC v1.17 and compiled a demo (demo #9 on our webpage) to show how it works.

To download the RPG Mod update, access your account and download the file RPG_Mod_v3.21.zip in the folder FPSC v1.17.

We apologize for the inconvenience this error may have caused. Please note that commands have not changed. This version does not work with FPSC v1.18 (beta # whatever).

- BlackFox

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
There will be one with flashlight?

what version will that be?

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2010 23:44
Quote: "There will be one with flashlight?

what version will that be?"

The flashlight was implemented in RPG Mod v3.20+, but it is more like a "spotlight". It takes a bit of manipulation to make it work like a flashlight. That is why Flatlander made reference to s4real's flashlight script. It is easier for people to use his flashlight than to try and use our code at the moment.

- BlackFox

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 16:41:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 16:41:50