Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] RPG Mod Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2010 22:05
Thank you Flatlander,that sorted this issue out.After running some tests,a framerate of 38-42 seems perfect.

I must note however that when using 3.30+ you must take this into account,because there was no need to sync in 3.20

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2010 22:11 Edited at: 11th Dec 2010 22:15
OK, I'll see what I changed from 3.2 to 3.3. Maybe that's when I added the animation speed commands.

BTW, testing the code with how Lee had it set up for sync rates, I found it was still the same, so, I'm not going to delete the rpg_syncrate command.

Addendum:

OK I added these three commands to v3.30:

* rpg_mousesensitivity=X (x is an integer value between 0 and 100 - default is 100) (V3.30)

* rpg_adjusttimeflow=X (x is float value between 0 and 100 - default is 100) (V3.30)

* rpg_slowmotion=X(x is a boolean value - 1 turns entity slow motion on)

It is possible that one of these or all three has affected the characters.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Add more adventure to your game -- use RPG Mod
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2010 22:15 Edited at: 11th Dec 2010 22:17
According to the manual the command is from 2.30

Quote: "rpg_setentityanimationspeed=X - Sets the entity's animation speed. (Default: 100) (v2.30) "

EDIT - It's very possible.The timeflow command might probably have an effect,but since I'm not very familiar with the code,I can't say.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2010 22:35 Edited at: 11th Dec 2010 22:40
I got a compile error after compiling. So, in the meantime, I'm going to check out v3.22 to see if it makes my janitor mop really fast.

Addendum:

I really wasn't questioning you but had to make sure before I continued on with figuring out why I'm getting a compile error.

Yup! You're right (as I expected), the character's speed is just right at 60 FPS.

I'll now figure out what I did to cause the compile error when I took out the three commands. Slow motion wasn't working very well anyway and neither did the mouse sensitivity.

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 00:08
No worries.I personally would take out the slow-motion,considering it's a far-fetched idea for FPSC,however I don't call the shots.

By the way,have you thought about implementing DarkGoblin's LightRay mod?Not trying to push you or anything,just a suggestion as it adds a lot (even though it's such a small detail) to the environment.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 00:19 Edited at: 12th Dec 2010 00:24
Taking out those three (not sure which one was actually the culprit, though) has fixed the issue with super fast characters. So, v3.40 will contain the fix.

I saw DarkGoblin's thread when he started it and the light rays were pretty cool. If his source code is available I might take a look.

Addendum:

I quickly looked at the thread again. I'm not sure if it is a shader or if it is a change in source code, or both. I think that it would be best if Lee is interested in it that he should include it in the stock source code.

Teacher
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a quick observation: the addition of some of the shaders that are around would be great. I'm using Bond1's adaptive bloom shader and it's great - but...
Which of these stand a realistic chance of being adopted into 1.18 core build? If they do, would that mean your work in adding to RPG mod was wasted?
I need to spend much more time investigating the potential fo RPG Mod as it stands; I can see it being really useful in educational projects, and look forward to seeing the fruits of Blackfox's labours!

There is no pain you are receding, A distant ship's smoke on the horizon
You are the only coming through in waves
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 20:18
Hi Teacher,

Yes, this is very useful for educational purposes.

None of the core RPG Mod code will probably make it into v118 so my time has not been wasted. There is a lot that is not in the official source code.

However, I put off integrating airmod as I Knew it would be in a future official version. Also, there may be some of Ply's mod that makes it into one of the future versions. Although, there had been a couple of commands that I did implement that was airmod's and a couple of commands that I coded myself that were similar to Ply's Mod's commands. Just knowing the command was enough for me to figure out how to code it (over 40 years of experience allows for that I should think). Also, Dark Goblin in his "light ray" thread has now stated that his code will make it into the next version. Whether that be the next beta of v118 or v119.

So, to continue on with the educational advantages. I was going to make and still might (I did start) an educational version that includes the features of linking to a website, using FTP and the ability for sending out emails to the teacher or administrator. However, if I do add these features I will probably charge a small amount for the EXE file and extra documentation.

Again, thanks for your interest.

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 20:27 Edited at: 12th Dec 2010 20:42
Flatlander , is it possible to make a connection with mysql to a database,because I saw somewhere a plugin for DBPro that makes that possible.

If it is possible and you consider adding such a feature,feel free to consult with me if you have issues with mysql.

EDIT - I think this was the plugin - http://www.kistech.com/page.php?15

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 20:49 Edited at: 12th Dec 2010 21:06
Gencheff, thanks for the suggestion.

I had used MYSQL a lot when I did work for people's websites that required databases. I used PHP for the programming language. I already have the plug-in called Dark Data and have been thinking of implementing it into the educational version. Also, some sort of encryption/decryption would be necessary for such educational use by teachers. As far as using MYSQL or any other database for that matter with the current free versions, to me, it would be over-kill and not really necessary (IMHO).

Addendum:

I just downloaded the plug-in. I'll take a look at it. I'm still not sure, however, I like the fact that it might support the "jet engine." I do happen to have MS Access 2000.

Addendum #2:

In fact he has an MDB file as a demo. I would be more interested in this because I have a suspicion that most educational institutions would have MS Access and because MS has a free reader/display for it. Another reason is that I am probably more comfortable with MDB as it has been awhile since I used MYSQL. I do appreciate your offering your help with, however.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 21:02 Edited at: 12th Dec 2010 21:09
Quote: "Flatlander , is it possible to make a connection with mysql to a database,because I saw somewhere a plugin for DBPro that makes that possible.

If it is possible and you consider adding such a feature,feel free to consult with me if you have issues with mysql."

I will jump in and add my position on this. Adding the feature for connecting to MYSQL, or adding things like e-mail, FTP, weblinks, or any "web service" into the mod for public usage is not exactly where I want to direct RPG Mod, and is not being considered at this time. Now as a programmer myself plus owning servers and having the experience, it is not hard to do, but it is the dealing with the tonnes of problems that will arise from those with less experience in web applications.

The other issue is that someone could use these features outside of what they were intended (or for illicit activities) and that could cause problems for us. I realize it is just a mod to create games, but with a company entity that backs RPG Mod's developments, we're not prepared to put our necks on the line if something like this ever happened. Some features like these in the hands of inexperienced users would be like giving someone a stick of dynamite. It just won't happen at this time.

- BlackFox

RPG Mod- Create a world full of adventure
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 21:07 Edited at: 12th Dec 2010 21:15
You know now that I think of it,a lot of security risks arise.
The user who gets a hold of the game copy has access to important information and even if it uses some sort of encryption,it wouldn't be something I'd consider doing,knowing the consequences.

Now something else came to my mind however.Instead of this implementation,why not add a simple ability to open a program with an FPI command (either working in the background , or close the game after a prompt message (on finished level) ) and combine with the write2file function,by extracting the string data from the file and post it on a server. It wouldn't surprise me if a function like this would be only a few lines of code and not that hard to implement,but it would really make the mod even more functional.

@BlackFox - I understand where you are getting.This sort of function won't really be straight forward anyway and would confuse even people like myself who have years of experience.Even a minor screw-up could cause severe 'damage'.

In the end it's up to you guys,I'm just giving suggestions (and admittedly , some not well thought out)

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 21:16 Edited at: 12th Dec 2010 21:18
Quote: "Now something else came to my mind however.Instead of this implementation,why not add a simple ability to open a program with an FPI command (either working in the background , or close the game after a prompt message (on finished level) ) and combine with the write2file function,by extracting the string data from the file and post it on a server."

The problem is security again. What happens if for some reason someone embeds a nasty applet and have the game call on that EXE, which then reeks havoc on the player's system? You put items like that in a mod for the public to use, then that makes me liable for any damages that any developer causes.

**EDIT**

Quote: "In the end it's up to you guys,I'm just giving suggestions (and admittedly , some not well thought out)"

Again, it is a nice idea, but for public usage, that is something I'd rather avoid. In my hands as a developer, I'm responsible for my developments, etc. I just will not stick my neck out for each and every developer using RPG Mod with features that could or may be used maliciously. Not to say I don't trust you or Teacher. I just can't do it for a select few and not all.

- BlackFox

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 21:19 Edited at: 12th Dec 2010 21:28
I understand, Blackfox, and I did not intend to make it seem that it would go into the public free version of RPG Mod in which I have actually given to you to continue its life after I am no longer willing or capable of doing so. So, this would be an official announcement at this time that Blackfox "inherited" the free version of RPG Mod although I still own it and I am still supporting it by finishing up loose ends and a bug fix or two. (BTW, thanks Gencheff for pointing out that "bug" dealing with the "fast" character).

However, Blackfox and I haven't really talked about the educational version. The last time I mentioned something about it was that I didn't think I was going to carry it out. However, I have my ups and downs and at this time I am kind of interested in continuing now that Teacher had mentioned educational benefits.

I was going to write some more but I think I will put it in an email to Blackfox at this time.

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 21:24
@BlackFox - I see your point here,and yes I wouldn't want to deal with all of this myself if I was the developer.

I guess it's back to the drawing board with the side-apps then.

Good luck with the mod,I'll be stopping by from time to time to check on progress.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 21:26
Quote: "I understand, Blackfox, and I did not intend to make it seem that it would go into the public free version of RPG Mod in which I have actually given to you to continue its life after I am no longer willing or capable of doing so."

It's no problem, Flatlander. I'm just looking out for yourself and us, as well as the developers that use RPG Mod. I am very careful with what goes in because of my background, and in my work I have seen some nasty things with programs and such.

Quote: "However, Blackfox and I haven't really talked about the educational version. The last time I mentioned something about it was that I didn't think I was going to carry it out. However, I have my ups and downs and at this time I am kind of interested in continuing now that Teacher had mentioned educational benefits. "

From some of the conversations I've had with Teacher, the educational version may peek his interest. Now if more has to be done to it, I'm sure we can continue that. The only discussion we had about this version was that certain features in it would not go into the public version, which is what I've outlined in my previous posts.

- BlackFox

Teacher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 22:58 Edited at: 14th Dec 2010 18:18
Consider my interest peeked!
Two penn'orth from me?
As far as the educational deployment of FPSC is concerned, there is no doubt that it is greatly enhanced by the features that RPG mod has to offer. In the main, teachers don't go for tools that allow them to create, for the perfectly good reasons that:
a) They don't really have the time; enthusiasts aside, and:
b|) There are plenty of ready made products to choose from.
That said; RPG/FPSC with communication tools (email, FTP and SQL) is a whole new ballgame. I was involved in Lee's educational trial until it was pulled (we then generated our own VWorld using Unity), but a smaller FPSC multiplayer that allowed in game communication - that could be just the ticket.
Blackfox worries, absolutely correctly, about security; but if the app ran within a learning platform, protected by a shibboleth log-on, the user group would be known and secure. Teacher’s would go big time for it as a way of encouraging communication, writing (especially amongst boys) and collaborative working.
It would be very interesting to hear people's thoughts on this.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 23:12 Edited at: 12th Dec 2010 23:14
I was in that group too, I'm glad to see it wasn't just me that was pulled.

As far as multi-player is concerned, I'm not sure if RPG Mod will work as a multi-player game. Never considered it.

Also, I haven't talked to any "real" teachers as yet. That's been one of my goals. I didn't stop to think that a teacher wouldn't want to create their own tool. However, from knowing a couple of teachers I guess I do remember they don't have much time on their hands.

I told Blacfox I wouldn't post about this version on his thread so, Teacher, could you send me an email so that we can discuss this more fully? I would certainly appreciate that.

Send email by clicking on the email link.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 23:57
Quote: "As far as the educational deployment of FPSC is concerned, there is no doubt that it is greatly enhanced by the features that RPG mod has to offer. In the main, teachers don't go for tools that allow them to create, for the perfectly good reasons that:
a) They don't really have the time; enthusiasts aside, and:
b|) There are plenty of ready made products to choose from.
That said; RPG/FPSC with communication tools (email, FTP and SQL) is a whole new ballgame. I was involved in Lee's educational trial until it was pulled (we then generated our own VWorld using Unity), but a smaller FPSC multiplayer that allowed in game communication - that could be just the ticket."

I agree. I think Flatlander has a great opportunity with the educational version of RPG Mod and will do quite well with it. I just think that there is too much at risk to take the communication tools you mentioned to put in a public release. You always have to have *security* in the shadows somewhere when you are dealing with the public, no matter how small the detail.

In the meantime, I *might* be convinced to look at dealing with either the MYSQL server and/or MS Database to add into RPG Mod. I will need to set some time aside for good testing, and since I already own our servers and have SQL here, it will be no problem. It just won't happen until the new year, as we have a release deadline to meet already and my schedule is booked.

- BlackFox

Teacher
Years of Service
User Offline
@Blackfox: Might be worth you em Flatlander as I have responded to him on this point with a suggested solution that would work for us.

There is no pain you are receding, A distant ship's smoke on the horizon
You are the only coming through in waves
elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Flatlander and Teacher

As one of those "real" teachers that Flatlander mentioned, I would love to participate in this discussion as Digital Game-Based Learning (Marc Prensky) is my main motivation for looking at FPSC and specifically RPG-Mod.

Thanks

Eugene
Teacher
Years of Service
User Offline
A 'real' teacher - can there be such a thing?

See your em Eugene!

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2010 00:45 Edited at: 14th Dec 2010 00:51
RPG Mod Information Update: 13-Dec-2010

We have begun to compile a Frequently Asked Questions section for RPG Mod. It can be found here. As time allows, we will be adding more sections to the index and posting the corresponding content. It is with hopes that this will help people attempt to troubleshoot their setup before getting flustered, considering that at times I can be extremely busy and don't respond to e-mails within the first 12 hours. It is suggested that users of RPG Mod check this out first to attempt to solve issues, then refer to their manual, this thread, and e-mail me last if they still can't figure it out.

The next scheduled update for RPG Mod is v3.40 and will not be releasing until next month. It will have a couple new additions as well as some code fixes to some existing commands.

---

@ Teacher

I'll be adding you to my MSN contact list so you have a direct method of communication with us.

@ Eugene

If you have MSN, feel free to add me. This way we three can collaborate on a few ideas.

- BlackFox

Teacher
Years of Service
User Offline
Good news about the FAQ - it'll probably help me a fair bit too.

Responded to MSN add.

elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks BlackFox

Unfortunately I do not have an MSN address. Being in a way different time-zone (Africa, it would make real-time communication difficult.

I do think the FAQ section is a brilliant idea as rpg_mod is an excellent option when one has invested the time in it. It delivers what no other mod can imho. The more one can do to lessen the learning curve the better. Well done on that.

Eugene
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Fox I sent you an email and added u to my yahoo. It accepts MSN as well please add mholmes_3038@yahoo.com thats me. I need help with the mod. Explained in the email. Thank you for your time.
sberk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2010 13:01 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2010 13:01
Hi,
i've some problems with installing the RPG-Mod. I downloaded RPG_Mod_v3.31.zip, and copied the exe into the FPSC folder and the RPG-Files into the FILES folder.
However no I can't compile any games. I just get an error message from Windows, stating FPSC Game is not working anymore (I use a german Windows, so Message is in German).

Any tip, what I can do?
cheers
sberK
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2010 16:20
Quote: "i've some problems with installing the RPG-Mod. I downloaded RPG_Mod_v3.31.zip, and copied the exe into the FPSC folder and the RPG-Files into the FILES folder.
However no I can't compile any games. I just get an error message from Windows, stating FPSC Game is not working anymore (I use a german Windows, so Message is in German).

Any tip, what I can do?"

When you installed the mod, there are a few things you need to do:

1. In the root of RPG_Mod is a file called rpg.ini. This tells the mod what folder to use. You need to edit it and put the folder name you want to use.

2. In the five subfolders in RPG_Mod (audio, huds, images,info_docs,setup) you need to create the folder name you specified in the rpg.ini file.

3. In the RPG_Mod\Setup\YourFolderName, there should be the three main scripts- rpg_setup.fpi, rpg_clues_setup.fpi, and rpg_text_setup.fpi. These are the main scripts for the mod and contain arrays for various functions. If any of these three files are incorrectly setup, it will produce the crash error you described.

If you have setup the mod exactly as outlined in the user installation manual, made your folder name in the five RPG_Mod subfolders, have edited the rpg.ini file accordingly, then the only problem would be your three main scripts. The only way for me to see exactly if they are the issue is for you to e-mail me your three scripts and I can check them for accuracy.

- BlackFox

sberk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2010 17:31
Hi,
at the moment I just use the example files. I changed just one line in the rpg.ini and copied the three main scripts rpg_setup.fpi, rpg_clues_setup.fpi, and rpg_text_setup.fpi from the Example folders. All other folders are empty at the moment.
yours
sberK

Attachments

Login to view attachments
sberk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2010 17:48
Hi,
I solved the problem using MS process monitor. The rpg-mood needs an additional DLL (msvcp71.dll). After coping this file to the fpsc directory it seems that everything is running fine.
Thanks for your help,
sberK
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2010 17:49 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2010 17:50
Quote: "I solved the problem using MS process monitor. The rpg-mood needs an additional DLL (msvcp71.dll). After coping this file to the fpsc directory it seems that everything is running fine. "

I posted just after your last. Glad to see it is working now.

- BlackFox

sberk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2010 18:29
Sorry,
but I'm just starting to work with RPG and I have a lot questions. The command rpg_entityshotbyweapon is this only in V 2.30, or can I use this one also with 3.31? If not is there any similar command?
yours
sberK
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2010 18:35 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2010 19:01
Commands that are listed in v2.xx (which was for FPSC v1.16) are also available in RPG Mod v3.xx and should be in the manual for v3.31.

- BlackFox

sberk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2010 18:35
Ok, now starting really working with RPG I have already my first question. The rpg_entityshotbyweapon condition, is this only available in 2.3 or also in 3.31?
yours
sberK
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2010 21:24
Quote: "I solved the problem using MS process monitor. The rpg-mood needs an additional DLL (msvcp71.dll)"

I'm glad you have it working but RPG Mod does not require that DLL.

Msvcr71.dll is for Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 2003 with the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. In fact it usually is found in the windows systems directory. But of course, windows is strange to begin with so who knows why there was a problem with FPSC and RPG Mod.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2010 21:27
Quote: "I'm glad you have it working but RPG Mod does not require that DLL.

Msvcr71.dll is for Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 2003 with the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. In fact it usually is found in the windows systems directory. But of course, windows is strange to begin with so who knows why there was a problem with FPSC and RPG Mod."

I knew what it was for, but I'm wondering if he had the same error with just vanilla FPSC. There is the odd occasion where a system is missing that DLL. I've noted this to add to the FAQ list for future reference.

- BlackFox

sberk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2010 07:07
Hi,
this error was limited to RPG. After changing back to the old vannila FPSC everything seemed fine.
sberK

PS: Sorry for the double post.
slipknotfan224
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2010 23:35 Edited at: 27th Dec 2010 01:01
hi i figured out most of the mod i just have one question how do you go backand forth between levels i figured out how to go to next level by looking at the demos but i cant figure out how to go back a level
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2010 01:09 Edited at: 27th Dec 2010 01:10
RPG Mod Status/Bug requests: 26-Dec-2010

Currently, RPG Mod contains two versions:

--
RPG Mod v2.xx, which is for FPSC v1.16 and is no longer being developed (last version is v2.31);
RPG Mod v3.xx, which is for FPSC v1.17. Current version is v3.31 and there is yet one final version to be released (v3.40)
--

While we work on RPG Mod v3.40, we'd like to call on any bugs from current users so we can try to isolate any issues. We already have been made aware of a few fixes to the mod regarding player trade negotiations, and we will be adding a couple new features. Now is the time to let us know of any bugs that you might have encountered so we can track them and deal with them. Once completed, v3.40 will become the final version for FPSC v1.17 as we move to a new development.

Feel free to post them here, or email me directly.

- BlackFox

slipknotfan224
Years of Service
User Offline
okay and i figured out how to go from one level to the next the only problem is my weapon doesnt go with me! it says i have it in my weapons inventory but i cant take my weapon out
sberk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2010 12:52 Edited at: 28th Dec 2010 16:10
Hi,
I have still problems with a script. I attached this scipt as a main script of a crate. The aim is to show a short message after a box is shoot by a colt.
Can anybody give me an advice, where the mistake is?
sberK

ps: The msvcp71.dll is also necessary to run the standalone version of the compiled game.
Teacher
Years of Service
User Offline
@sberk
msvcp71.dll
Looks like this is used by quite a lot of Microsoft software; it could be that your problems stem from something other than RPG Mod; could well be fpsc, or even another process running on your machine. I notice that some users report errors withh the .dll associated with .net framework which makes sense to me. Other software that makes use of it includes items you may well have on your machine.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2010 22:01 Edited at: 28th Dec 2010 22:02
Quote: "the only problem is my weapon doesnt go with me! it says i have it in my weapons inventory but i cant take my weapon out "

I was waiting for Blackfox to answer this. Maybe he sent you an email but of I don't know for sure.

I'm sorry for the long wait. I'm not sure what version of RPG Mod you have buy because, the weapons system is so integrated into the "vanilla" version of FPSC it is somewhat difficult to work with. So, the scripting is a little tricky. Also, you have to actually have to have the exact weapon within the level you return to. It will be invisible. There are script commands to then include this weapon into the weapons slot which is really not a part my weapons inventory. The weapons inventory in RPG Mod is just a "list" to keep track of the weapons but FPSC has its own weapon slot feature.

Part one of Demo 7 found on Blackfox's website is all about picking up a weapon and then having it when you return to a previous version.

The website url with the demo is. You will need to login or register to access it:

http://fps-media.mk-tek.com/?option=content&pcontent=1&task=view&id=7

If it is too large (22 MB) to download for you then let us know and I will find it and upload the appropriate fpi scripts dealing with retaining a weapon.

sberk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2010 12:07
Hi,
I still have some problems with rpg_entityshotbyweapon. My first idea was, that maybe the path is wrong. To test this I just substituted the condition rpg_entityshotbyweapon with rpg_thisweaponininventory. This condition work, therefore it my problems are not a result of a misleading file path.
My other questions are, whether I have to use the complete weapon inventory functions to use this?
Is there anything I have to initialize before using this?
sberK
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2010 18:04
@sberk,

How exactly are you using the command. Please give me the command line, thanks.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2010 03:46 Edited at: 30th Dec 2010 04:42
I was trying the command rpg_entityshotbyweapon and I can't seem to get it to work either. So I am looking into it. What is frustrating is that I test every command after I code it and I know it was working. However, sometimes a command might get screwed up after coding another command. I hope I can find what's wrong quickly. However, the fix (if I can figure it out) will be in version 3.40 which won't be out for awhile.

Addendum:

I got it fixed. It was because of integrating into v117. The gunid kept coming up 0 for the gun that was shooting the entity. Had to figure out a different way to get the gun id.

It is now in version 3.40.

sberk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2010 12:36
Hi,
thanks for your answer. Is there any way to get a beta of 3.40? This command was the only one that kept me with fenix, but now I want to move completly to rpg and would like to test my scripts and see what else I have to change.
cheers
sberK

PS: After 3.40, do you plan to develop a mod for fps v 1.18?
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2010 15:30 Edited at: 30th Dec 2010 16:58
Quote: "thanks for your answer. Is there any way to get a beta of 3.40? This command was the only one that kept me with fenix, but now I want to move completly to rpg and would like to test my scripts and see what else I have to change."

Generally I do not send out releases until I have a chance to test the core components. In this case, I will make this one exception. Send me an e-mail request for v3.40 and we'll get it to you to test out while I continue with other fixes/additions before a final release.

- BlackFox

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 14:59:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 14:59:29