Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / LRMod by DarkGoblin

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2011 07:10
Well, good luck in all your ventures.

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2011 13:05 Edited at: 27th Aug 2011 13:05
Guys I'm a bit worried
Today I took the standard bond1 segment shader (which I used last time to test the whole "WorldPosition" and "WorldNormals" rendering) and completly rewrote it with the 2 rendering passes I need to change the rendering system for LRMod.

Last time there was no way to get the segments in FPSC to work with the WorldPosition rendering, as they just stopped updating it.
But now everything works fine and thats what confuses me.
Maybe I was to deep in the whole thing that I was not able to see the slightest mistake or everything. But whatever it was back than is now gone and I have a working rendering shader.
Which leads me to the next thing...

Now it's time to give LRMod a rebirth with complete new code (so yes start right from beginning). But this time I will first focus on having a complete working rendering with decent performance before adding anything else. So no cool switch light on/off for now, just pure shadow rendering.

Man I'm back in businness. Feels good .
But now I need to plan the whole integration, as I don't want to work for hours and than see "Hey this doesn't work!". I hope this time this will be a success, but hey, after all this downs it's really time for one isn't it?

So now I'm back on my "drawing board" thinking about the best way to achieve what I want.
So it's time again for one of my popular sentences:
Wish me some luck and I will inform you if there are some news.

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Good luck man.We know you will continue to making this mod someday!.So you think you can fix polygon problem or something that cause fps low for outdoor?.

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2011 17:00
This is great news! Are you going to start a new thread about the LRmod Rebirth?

[/href]
leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2011 17:20
DarkGOBLIN

good luck on completing this. "YOU CAN DO IT"

Akanto10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2011 22:22
I'm glad you've started this again, maybe dynamic shadows will prevail after all.

Thanks,
Akanto

| Windows 7 Home Premium 64 - Bit | AMD Athlon II X4 @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1GB | 6GB DDR3 RAM | 1TB HDD |
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2011 22:52
Wow! That's fantastic news!
I can't wait to see how it goes!

Mental Stability is over-rated!
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2011 03:49
YES!! Well, this made my day! when you have some sort of release, I will use it for my preject (don't worry it will come out way after this has any sort of release, so no rush). Also, if you ever need a tester, I'm there.

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2011 21:58
It's hard for you to understand how happy it makes me feel that you're restarting this again. Congratulations and best of luck.

If there's anything you need help with that I might be able to lend a hand in, let me know.

And also, please, if and when you make a video of the new-and-improved LRMod, say "activated" for my auditory pleasure.
Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 21:56
Any news?

[/href]
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
@TGPEG: I will. I promise

@Hamburger: Not right now. I still have to start getting a sample project into DBp before even thinking about adding it into FPSC. But I haven't got the time for it as my car was not working, so I had to fix it to get to work and than I have a lot of work at work (lot of times the word "work") to do.
But I promise that if I get some time (so more than 2 hours ) I will start with it and if it works, I will show you something of it as an video, in which I will explain what it does, the shaderwork etc. so you get an impression of how you need to do it in FPSC.

But as I said, I still need to find a perfect situation to start working on it. This can not be done in "some" hours. And I really don't want to rush it again.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 18:09
I wish you the best of luck for this DG, this is a very exciting mod for FPSC.

Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2011 20:34
Nice to hear good luck.

Bestorio
Years of Service
User Offline
Good luck with this
two things i wait for the most are:
dynamic shadows & lightrays.
(are lightrays still in?)

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
So I promised I will do this and now I did.
Here is the first new InDev Video (not FPSC right now).
Check it out:

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2011 09:03
Nice, I sure hope this works out better than last time

Mental Stability is over-rated!
X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2011 09:51
Looking very good, good luck with fpsc

FPSX Gameshttp://www.fps-x-games.com
FPSCREATOR INFOhttp://fpscreator.info
Win7 Ultimate 64Bit, AMD PhenomII X4 965 3.4GHz, GeForce GTX 280 1GB, 8GB DDR2 RAM
Akanto10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2011 22:15
Looks like a great start so far DG!

Good luck,
Akanto

| Windows 7 Home Premium 64 - Bit | AMD Athlon II X4 @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1GB | 6GB DDR3 RAM | 1TB HDD |
catw hat eat grass
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2011 17:18
Have you given up on LRMod because we haven't seen much of you in a while... Also is it possible for you to just release the mod for the flashlight? Or would that mean releasing the entire mod anyway?

Phoenix Games
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2011 22:42
Im guessing that since the flashlight uses the shadows he will need to release the entire mod... But you can make a almost as good one by some easy scripting and HUD creation.

Just create a 1024x768 image with black borders and a transparent circle inside. Them make a script that checks if a key has been pressed and if it has been, show the image as a HUD and increase the ambience

Srry about my english im from sweeden
catw hat eat grass
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2011 17:32 Edited at: 17th Oct 2011 17:53
Quote: "Im guessing that since the flashlight uses the shadows he will need to release the entire mod... But you can make a almost as good one by some easy scripting and HUD creation.

Just create a 1024x768 image with black borders and a transparent circle inside. Them make a script that checks if a key has been pressed and if it has been, show the image as a HUD and increase the ambience"

Its not as good as what this mod offers, because you don't get shadows and dynamic entities aren't shaded as well as these. Otherwise I will just stick with EAI's flashlight.
Thanks for the tip though
Can't wait for this mod to come out! I would definitely pay for this

Phoenix Games
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 08:24
If you want the shadows, he would have to release the entire mod...

Srry about my english im from sweeden
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2011 02:52
Sorry I haven't checked this in a while: I moved away to university so I've been busy drinking (and working a bit).

You said activated! And it looks good, which is always a plus.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 12:23:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 12:23:31