Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 21:41
@ swissolo

Oh crap, I completely forgot about my shooter thread This is quite embarrassing...

TheComet

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 22:11
Why's everyone hatin on Pinkie and Rarity? Those are best ponies!

Best character is Sweetie Belle, but she's a filly.

They are best ponies!

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 22:12
Fluttershy and Applejack are the best ponies!

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 22:35
Applejack is just way to normal. it seemes like everypony has some degree of craziness and appejack has the least craziness

dont hate people who rip you off,cheat and get away with it, learn from them
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 22:40
I dont care so much for the crazyness, I just like Apllejack, i loved Fluttershy wayyyy before the gala, but i started liking rarity after the episode with the dogs, and i started liking pinkie.. well, she grew on me
and RBdash is rainbow dash..

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
In the case in which I was forced to order my ponies... They're all equal, but I would do so in this order.

Fluttershy
Rainbow Dash
Pinkie Pie
Applejack
Rarity

and it seems we've built up quite the clan in this thread...

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 22:55
Quote: "i loved Fluttershy wayyyy before the gala"

HIPSTER!

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2011 00:09
Hmm, if I row them up, they would be something like this:

Rarity
Fluttershy
Rainbow Dash
Twilight
Pinkie Pie
Apple Jack

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2011 00:11
Rarity
Pinkie Pie
Fluttershy
Rainbow Dash
Twilight
Applejack

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
You two like Rarity? Alright... I can't figure out where Twi fits in though...

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2011 00:35
Sweetie Belle
n/a
n/a
n/a
n/a
Rarity
Pinkie
Other ponies

But seriously, out of the mane 6:

Rarity
Pinkie
Fluttershy
Rainbow Dash
Twilight
Applejack

And by the way, episode 6 has been announced as a cutie mark crusaders episode, yay more Sweetie Belle, so to catch everyone up here's the next three episode summaries in code tags for spoilers... even though it's really just the basic concept of the episodes, no endings or anything.

Episode 4:

Episode 5:

Episode 6:

Lots of Sweetie Belle, which means lots of yay.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 03:09 Edited at: 18th Oct 2011 03:13
[insert name here] is best pony comp!

I -....What the shoe! My video driver just went haywire and dropped me there... darn unstable BF3 ad...- Anyways! Declare a first unannual voting of the ponies comp. No longer shall TGC bronies stumble around mildly confused and inexpressive toward their passionate opinions! Trixie was to judge your reasoning, but due to her "unexplainable" absence I'm taking her place. SOOOooo state your top 3 (in order would be prefered) and type out the best darn pharagraph of pony you can. You'll get points for your respective pony depending on its coolness - factor (a value calculated in a complex and extensive structure formed in base 0.2)

(structure)

Pony

is best b/c
...and so on for the following 2...

...and one last note... yes, anything goes.

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 06:07
that...

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 13:45
First off, Batman is coming out today. I pre-purchased it... *checks Gamestop card*... about 7 months ago, when I was first able to. I am so excited, but I have to go to school today. >:l

Anyway, here's my best ponies.

1. Sweetie Belle

This young cutie mark crusader is an underrated pony/filly because she appears a lot less then those of the mane six. But think about it, she appeared first to kick away a bunch of bullies from a complete stranger, her voice as built in background singers, and she said dodo. I don't like to admit I watch MLP for the cuteness because I really don't but Sweetie Belle is the most adorable and silly character that I can think of, ever, and she is unparalleled as best pony.

2. Pinkie Pie

I have a lot less to back this up, but Pinkie Pie is the breakout character. The common favorite. Cupcakes, Oatmeal, all kinds of internet memes and fanfictions were based on this party pony because of her, as Rainbow Dash would say, "Random"ness.

3. Rarity

Rarity is a unicorn, so she automatically gets points for magic. Let's face it, she understands she is a drama queen which is why people hated her from the start. She began messing with that archetype in the newest episode, Lesson Zero. Rarity is the most successful pony, as Pinkie lives with her parents, Rainbow does practically nothing all day, Fluttershy doesn't have a real profession, Twilight is a student, and Applejack is running a family business... with her family. She runs a successful business by herself in which her idols from her fillyhood buy from her and she is recognized from around Equestria.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 15:06
1: obviously, Fluttershy

I loved her the moment i saw her, she was... soo cute, so shy. Her voice actor is just brilliant. She is just so gracefull:
Quote: "Ah, even her schneezez are graecefull! - Photo finish"

I love her for her innosense, her voice, she is just so really cute!

2: Twilight Sparkle

Her voice actor is superior to every pony, atleast in season two: she is really put to the test in the new season. And she prevails with sparkles and magic.
Its really her voice actor that makes her amazing.

3: Applejack

Love her Voice, love her personality, love her color combination.
She is stubborn as a shoe, I love the whole farmer deal with her, and the way she talks <3

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 15:57
Holy... Season 2 is amazing! Just finished episode 3

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 18:06
Twilight Psycho was a beautiful episode...

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "she appeared first to kick away a bunch of bullies from a complete stranger"

+1 SB
Quote: "her voice has built in background singers"

+2 SB
Quote: "and she said dodo"

dodo.
+1 swissolo
Quote: " don't like to admit I watch MLP"

-1 SB
Quote: "but Sweetie Belle is the most adorable and silly character that I can think of, ever"

+1 SB
Quote: " Cupcakes, Oatmeal, all kinds of internet memes and fanfictions were based on this party pony "

+2 pinkie
Quote: "Rarity is a unicorn, so she automatically gets points for magic."

+0.1 Rarity
Quote: "why people hated her "

-1 Rarity
Quote: "Rarity is the most successful pony, as Pinkie lives with her parents, Rainbow does practically nothing all day, Fluttershy doesn't have a real profession, Twilight is a student, and Applejack is running a family business... with her family. She runs a successful business by herself in which her idols from her fillyhood buy from her and she is recognized from around Equestria."

+4 Rarity
Quote: "obviously, Fluttershy"

+2 Fluttershy
Quote: "she was... soo cute, so shy. Her voice actor is just brilliant. She is just so gracefull"

+1 Fluttershy
+1 Fluttershy (for quote)
Quote: "Her voice actor is superior to every pony"

+1 Twi
Quote: " And she prevails with sparkles and magic"

+1 Twi
Quote: "Love her Voice, love her personality, love her color combination."

+1 Apple
Quote: "She is stubborn as a shoe"

+1 Apple (?)
Quote: "I love the whole farmer deal with her, and the way she talks <3"

+1 Apple
Quote: "Holy... Season 2 is amazing! Just finished episode 3"

@TheComet
Nice points man!
+2 swissolo
and... I'll give CG credit for that
+1 Twi

Current Standings
Fluttershy - 4
Rarity - 3.1
swissolo - 3
Sweetie Belle - 3
Twilight - 3
Applejack - 3
Pinkie Pie - 2

Wow this is close... keep going!

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2011 00:15
I don't quite understand how you're scoring yourself...?

Anyway...

Rarity is the best pony, she is mature and I simply love her voice acting when she's surprised or upset :3

TheComet

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I don't quite understand how you're scoring yourself...?"

If Sweetie Belle isn't in the mane 6 and she can get in, why can't I?
Quote: "she is mature and I simply love her voice acting when she's surprised or upset :3"

+1 Rarity
Current Standings
Rarity - 4.1
Fluttershy - 4
swissolo - 3
Sweetie Belle - 3
Twilight - 3
Applejack - 3
Pinkie Pie - 2

...and we have a new leader.

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2011 01:30 Edited at: 19th Oct 2011 01:34
I would like to say that I did not mean I don't admit I watch MLP but that I watch it for the cuteness, becasue I like the to think of myself to be more sophisticated. But she is adorable and all that.

Give Sweetie Belle that point back. And here is further reason:

In the episode "Call of the Cutie" she suddenly appears near 1:12 when Twist is talking... taking the place of a random filly. Teleportation abilities... and Sweetie Belle is the most popular of the three, because she said, and I quote, "Why does everypony always think I'm the one that's gonna sing?" which means she had gotten such reaction before. She was known for singing, which gives her fame points.

She has a giraffe neck.
http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/59d8ab6de385fa7c2cbef755f3365c3a/28216%20-%20Giraffe%20Sweetie_Belle%20rarity.jpg

And Rarity can balance awesome beauty and awesome fighting skills.

Edit: First picture must be copy pasted, and I think manestream ponies should get one point, so look in the signatures or avatars and such. So Sweetie Belle would get one for me, Fluttershy would get one for Quik, etc etc...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2011 22:38
I love how everyone in this thread thought that our little MLP thread here wouldn't survive a month.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2011 22:50
Quote: "I feel the general artistic style visually offensive and don't think it belongs on a "geek culture" or coding forum."

<3
Lots of love, Quik.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2011 00:30 Edited at: 21st Oct 2011 00:30
We had to write a horror story in English, and I wrote loosely around the subject of cupcakes. It was the perfect balance of not that scary and scary that middle school kids need in a horror story, and they loved it. So they asked me to make more on the subject of psycho Pinkie so this is what I've made so far.

The following story is based on the cartoon My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and all rights to the characters, concepts, and locations of such show go to Lauren Faust, Hasbro, and The Hub. The concept its self is loosely based off a popular fan fiction that is a tad more violent and less psychological called “Cupcakes” by someone under the online alias of Sergeant Sprinkles and I as well take credit for that. This can be considered to some a prequel to Cupcakes, and if you see it that way… God’s Speed.
The pink hoof scratched on an on against the wooden table. Pinkie Pie sat on the bench, slumped over as her drooping hair began sinking into the punch. “No one came.” The words slowly slipped out of her mouth as a tear fell down her lonely, sad, face. But as the tear hit the wood, a puddle formed. The smallest puddle but a puddle it was, a puddle so beautiful, misty and mysterious, yet brutal and depressing. Pinkie smiled at the concept as it crossed her train of thought. She was reminded of her goal. The drooping hair drooped beyond the point of return. It was complety straight now opposed to the usual poofy state. She got up and looked around.
She had worked so hard to complete the party room… wallpaper, balloons, streamers, it had all gone to waste. No one was here. Shaking her head, Pinkie tried to give them one more chance in her subconscious but there was no choice. She had gone insane. She stomped over to the first balloon, putting in between her hooves and squeezing. “Ditch the third party this week, huh?” and the rubber popped. She began ripping down wallpaper, as her eyes grew bloodshot. “Think I can’t handle owning Sugercube corner?” She walked over, back to the table, and swiped all of the bowls and cups of snacks and beverages clean off. Clean off they were, falling to the concrete ground, making puddles and stacks. “I’ll show you, I can be organized, I can be smart, I can be more than this shallow character you..” but she stopped there to complete her statement.
“The shallow character you set me up to be.” She then, now slower and crying, moved the table to the wall, where it clashed up against a counter and items fell out. Saws and paperclips, flour and measuring cups. All on the table now. She took the saw and bashed it into a lamp. “I’ve had it… they can just..” and she bashed it into another light, hanging from a chain to the ceiling. “They can DIE for all I care for!” and she fell to her knees. Bawling now, so much so that the customers waiting outside heard her, and crept away. They were tourists, because a fair was in town. A fair that Pinkie was supposed to bake cupcakes for… but no one believed in her due to her previous failures with Applebloom and Applejack. But she would bake the cupcakes alright… but she needed an ingredient.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll leave a MASS post later but... *points to TheComet's new avatar*

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2011 16:42 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2011 17:52
Oh lawds that's a beautiful avatar.

So Comet finally undertook the final phase, everyone pressure PAGAN! XD

/Edit/

I bloody love Luna's new persona.

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2011 20:49
HAHA! the fun has been DOUBLED!

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2011 20:50
Thy backside is whole and ungobbled!

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2011 21:12 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2011 21:36
great episode, but it felt kinda short and i was kinda expecting something better and lunas personality isnt what i expected too
. Still my expectations did not stop me from enjoying this episode.

also

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2011 21:46 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2011 21:52
@PAGAN

Luna, Granny Smith and Zecora are all voiced by Tabitha St Germain, who also voices Rarity.

Noone can do four voices like that, especially not when Luna's dominates the show, and Zecora's being what it is.

I'd honestly rather have Zecora for a little than Rarity. next week's gunna be Rarity-heavy, but it was awesome to see Zecora on dramatic form this week.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2011 21:59

TheComet

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2011 22:19
yeah i guess youre right now that i realize that any extra fabialosity will clutter up the episode.

it was a good episode and Zecora was awesome too

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2011 22:35
I hate this forum sometimes, it's the only forum Ponibooru links don't work on...

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2011 23:26
err... i dont know.. this episode was a bit.. mweh imo =/ might be the lack of rarity.. no it just felt a bit lame, also i cant understand how everypony seemed to have forgotten about what happened in the first ep...

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2011 23:31
@ Coffeegrunt
Quote: "I hate this forum sometimes, it's the only forum Ponibooru links don't work on..."

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2011 23:31
I liked it personally. Sweetie Belle was dracula. It was little too Rarity-less and therefore off in my opinion but Pinkie Pie was truly Pinkie, unlike the previous Season 2 episodes in my opinion, which gives it coolness. 3.5/5

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2011 23:42
I also didnt know it was airing today! wasnt it just last week it was ep 3?

Also: iam sorry, but this episode felt soul-less, so i can merely give it a 3/5, n omore no less.
I didnt get the feel for luna - she felt... too much.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2011 16:26

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, she can have 1 more point Cormorant, but not because of the aclaimed confusion, but the extended reasons

Current Standings
Rarity - 4.1
Fluttershy - 4
Sweetie Belle - 4
swissolo - 3
Twilight - 3
Applejack - 3
Pinkie Pie - 2

I'll just cut most of what I was going to say and simply note, luna wasn't entertaining in my eye, Rainbow Dash had the best moments in the episode and she took up <10 seconds of time total (although spike was mildly entertaining)
I'm going with the rest of you, 3/5 is about all this episode can get, seemed so cheesy, cleche...

Last of all, this will be the last chance to earn points for best pony. RD isn't even on the board... and don't let me beat Pinkie... really.
Last Chance

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2011 23:31
I dunno, I liked Luna...eh...

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2011 00:24 Edited at: 24th Oct 2011 00:26
Sweetie Belle vants to suck your blood. (She was dracula)

Sweetie Belle was the original to call Scootaloo a Dodo and Chicken, which spawned all kinds of internet memes.

Nyx (an OC pony that is awesome) will no be added to the race:
(Look on the left of the picture for Nyx)

She is a filly form of Nightmare moon

She is an alicorn

She was a cutie mark crusader

She had magical powers... enough so to turn Fluttershy to a tree (haha)

She was so notorious she was being followed by the royal family

She was trained by Rarity (The current head of the herd in our point standings) to be a proper lady.

She ends up being taken from Twilight which becomes part of the saddest fan fiction I have ever read... which is awesome.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2011 00:30

No. Not Past Sins...please.

There are so many fics that do it better, but got ignored because their authors didn't shell out $50 for a custom cover art.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2011 00:59
Do what? An ending or Nyx? I would love to read more Nyx.

That's why I loved Past Sins.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
New CG fic?

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2011 01:20
Yeh, experimental one.

@Cormorant

The whole premise of sad NMM. Past sins was great, but then the Nightmare Moon segment's kinda "Oh I'll just do what people tell me to" for nine chapters or so, then it goes back to Nyx...then it ends.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2011 01:53
Quote: "I dunno, I liked Luna...eh..."

me too - when she wasnt being overly cheesingly trying too hard to be old school-ish.
When she was acting like everypony else she was kind of nice, but when she was this old school princess i got this feeling: TRYING TOO HARD
all the time...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2011 01:57
She was essentially like Queen Elizabeth the first being teleported to our times. She hadn't had social interaction in a thousand years.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2011 02:30
I can indeed understand it - yet i can not: I would imagine her spending time with Celestria? Atleast talking a bit with her. And in the first episode she was in she spoke NORMALLY.

In this episode, it feels like she is trying WAY to hard with sounding unfamiliar. It overdoes it and makes it feel cheesy. Not a fan of that at all =/
<not to mention the fact that nobody seems to have been informed of anything that happened in the first episodes....>

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Has anyone noticed how many bronies have already been successful in the new tf2 workshop? Twilight Sparkle's scout outfit was #1 last I saw, and many already published items are by bronies as well.

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-05 18:39:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-05 18:39:09