Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / App Game Kit V108 Beta 8 - Over 200 New Commands

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Yay! BETA 6 released Can't wait to test it out. Thanks Lee, Paul and Team!
Brother
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you AppGameKit Team for this V108 Beta 6 !

And thank you to include Beta Players !
(it's a good habitude you should keep because on my vanilla system
i cant directly run my agk programs on PC since v1076 due to my video card version...but i still can broadcast on smartphone!)

Thank you also to made this Beta in Zip format !

Happy new year, 2013 start fine !

Regards,
Brother

I am not english so xcuse my syntax, grammary or anything else wich could occure some ununderstanding
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Any info if the Twitter Api problem on ios has been solved?
halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 10:16
I can't compile it.

The Miracrea Games
Felis Astrum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 11:44
Thanks AppGameKit team!
Compiling went smoothly but there are still some issues which are causing significant worry here and I'm in for a chronic arse-kicking if I don't get things working soon. *desperate*
I've mentioned the issues before but here they are as of 1086:

1. I found the Sha1 function (yay!) but does this include any way of including a HMAC key? I see in the documentation there is only room for one parameter (message), not the two (key, message) required for HMAC. Is there any way to do this?

2. The load time for DeleteText is still the same (resulting in half a minute waiting time on some levels of my crossword game).

3. Has there been any progress on the situation with older graphics cards and OpenGL? Could a game that doesn't require the extra GL features be made to run anyway? I know.. people should upgrade.. but I can't tell schools to upgrade or GTFO because I'll get in trouble.

Help me AppGameKit Kenobi, you're my only hope.

I'm new. I bring cats for all.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 12:49
Great! All the fixes i neaded for my placement editor to roll on

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 13:52 Edited at: 5th Jan 2013 02:38
Beta 6 works well here for my usage provided Android Player in download section works perfectly too

Edit: i have spoken too quickly :p Depth Problem... (post below)
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 15:54
Quote: "I found the Sha1 function (yay!) but does this include any way of including a HMAC key?"

I've not heard of an HMAC before, but reading this suggests it is just a way of modifying the hash process to include a key like so

where key_pad1 is your key XORed with 0x5c5c5c... and key_pad2 is your key XORed with 0x363636...

Quote: "The load time for DeleteText is still the same (resulting in half a minute waiting time on some levels of my crossword game)."

I've not experienced this problem, can you send me a small example so I can test it?

Quote: "Has there been any progress on the situation with older graphics cards and OpenGL?"

Not yet
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 17:15
Hi, what about tre well known bug of Mp3 music play causing crash on Android? Has it been fixed? I am happy that the End command works everywhere, but i am non so happy that the OpenGl problem is not properly addressed by TGC.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 18:00
Quote: "Mp3 music play causing crash on Android?"

This should be fixed, I've not been able to replicate it in the latest version.

Quote: "i am non so happy that the OpenGl problem is not properly addressed by TGC"

It requires us to build a DirectX 9 version of the renderer so it is no small task. I'm not happy that Intel won't release a driver to support OpenGL 2.0 when the cards are capable of running DirectX 9.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 19:15
Intel preferred us to buy a new Intel-inside Pc or Ultrabook instead releasing a driver.. This is Why by no way I would buy a Pc with Intel graphics, only nvidia or Ati/amd. Anyway thanks for info and bug fixing, we'll wait for better Times, i cannot buy a new pc only for my hobby.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Marco, Intel gfx cards are much inferior than Nvidia ones! My 3 year old Nvidia card is 4 times faster than the very latest Intel 4000!!!
Pawprints
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 22:39 Edited at: 5th Jan 2013 02:11
Amazing set of commands but I'm getting the following compiler error under iOs. Any ideas?

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
"_OBJC_CLASS_$_ASIdentifierManager", referenced from:
objc-class-ref in libGoogleAdMobAds.a(GADIdentifierUtilities.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architect

I guess this needs removing somehow or am I missing a framework or a setting somewhere ?

The memblock commands seem amazing and I hope they're good on iOs too.

Ok, got it compiling now. I had to add 2 frameworks to the link list. Will try tomorrow to see if it actually runs on an iOS device

If it's not broken don't keep trying to fix it.
gbison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 22:44 Edited at: 4th Jan 2013 22:53
Quote: " compiler and IDE work first."

@Paul +1

@ Marco
Just a suggestion, you may have already tried this and your situation maybe different. Alot of the higher end laptops have multiple cards in them, mine for example has an Intel HD 3000(sucks) on one side and a Nvidia GT540 M(awesome) on the other. The Nvidia software comes default with an auto selector option that is suppose to accurately choose which gfx card it uses, this unfortunately is not without flaw. Therefore, if your machine has multiple cards you can manually dedicate either graphics card to run what ever program (.exe) you specify. This has solved tons of issues for me and I actually do all the selections manually now just because I don't trust it anymore...lol. Again, if you machine only has the Intel card this wont be of any help.

Quote: "My 3 year old Nvidia card is 4 times faster than the very latest Intel 4000!!!"

+1

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was to convince the world he didn't exist."
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2013 02:36 Edited at: 5th Jan 2013 02:56
really big bug in 108b6 for me :

The SetObjectDepthWrite command (to deactivate depth's write for a skybox in my case) doesn't work anymore for me in the 108b6 (works well when i compile in the previous "108b5" version)... so i have a depth problem which is a very big display problem :/

in 108 beta 5 (terrain always drawn due to skybox "no depth write" in buffer) :

in 108 beta 6 (terrain "clipped" by skybox despite of his "no depth write"... :p) :

MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2013 10:08
Quote: " Again, if you machine only has the Intel card this wont be of any help."

As Murphy's law teaches, the above is my case. My laptop has not been bought by me but it has been a gift, as you could easily guess from my complaints against Intel gfx cards. For my sons, I have bought 2 Asus netbooks, one with AMD/ATI and one with nVidia external adapters. I accurately avoid any kind of integrated Intel gfx chip. BTW, the nVidia one has got this kind of selector, because there is a poor Intel adapter that Intel disseminates like a Virus into many new PCs. With my big surprise, I discovered some Mac desktop with Intel adapters. I am not a big friend of Apple, but this is not a good sign, Mr. Steve Jobs from Heaven is not very happy for sure
Pawprints
Years of Service
User Offline
My Mac Mini has an intel 3000 chipset and it's pretty poor at handling most 3D tasks although things like 3D coat seem to run ok. You can't get shadows in 3D applications (hardware) nor will programs like Vue run properly and crash a fair bit. It too worries me that the current line of mac mini's only have intel chipsets now which makes them fast in speed but very lacking in graphical power. I was hoping that having thunderbolt connections would help offer external solutions but as yet they're not affordable. I hope that the next wave of mini's do have a better, more capable graphics chip as they're pretty unappealing for anything 3D related at the moment.

AppGameKit though seems to run ok on intel 3000 so far but then I've not done much with it 3D wise.

MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2013 12:51
Not only Mac mini, I saw a Mac desktop costing about 1300€ with the Intel HD adapter, a bogus card inside a Pc that costs a lot of money cannot be easily understood. Consider that you could find a Windows 8 Pc with i7 and nvidia card at half that Price so i assume that Mr.Cook should Put inside his stuff the best-of-breed components.
Pawprints
Years of Service
User Offline
The pro mac pro desktops are incredibly overpriced but you can swap the cards out and put in a better one I believe. The iMac's I believe have dual cards although even the better card isn't outstanding. Apples decision to scrap non intel graphics on all mac mini's is baffling to me. Cinema 4D and Vue would be amazing on a mac mini if they had added an nvidia or ati card. I mean what makes it worse is that cinema 4D 14 doesn't even support intel chipsets (hardware acceleration) so that's a whole lot of users that are cut off because of apples choices.

Lets hope they think again on all their recent choices as they've made some really poor ones. Not everyone wants a monitor built in or can afford a mac book pro. With apple stuff you paid the higher price as older macs would last longer but now they're shelving that idea and force you to buy a new mac if you wish to upgrade the OS and releasing them at unpredictable times. As for windows 8 I've been less than impressed with it. I have it on my old windows tablet PC and to me it's just a mess of a desktop OS and and a tablet OS which doesn't quite work as you're in the middle of using the touch friendly options only to have to use native tiny touch unfriendly ones.

Anyways back to AGK. I'm crossing my fingers that my code will compile in xcode now and I've been very impressed with the latest build (on PC so far) and memblocks really does open up a lot of options from drawing apps to pixel perfect collision detection. Plus you should be able to do post processing of photo images captured on the device. I'm also hopeful the iphone camera capture bug has been fixed. I really hope that the whole sound engine is improved moving forward so you can record via the microphone, pan sounds and then chuck these to a memblock for editing. That and save and load memblock commands. I'm less interested in 3D until we can do proper animations either joint or ideally bone based and I'm not sure if this has been added in beta 6 but loading an object with multiple textures etc.

Space Dream Studios
Competition Prize Winner 2014
Years of Service
User Offline
Have a problem with AppGameKit beta 6 regarding android compilation.
Following error comes up in eclipse:

Any ideas?

Thanx!

wargasmic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2013 23:29
What should i add to the linker settings for beta 6? I'm now getting the following errors.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 01:48
Quote: "The SetObjectDepthWrite command (to deactivate depth's write for a skybox in my case) doesn't work anymore for me in the 108b6"

There was a change made to handle transparent objects needing to drawn in a particular order, this also had the affect of reversing the order of opaque drawing. Normally this wouldn't make a difference as the depth buffer enforces the true ordering, however it looks like in your case that now the terrain is being drawn first and then the sky box, so depth write no longer has the intended effect because the sky box is reading the depth buffer laid down by the terrain and drawing itself over the top, even though it is not modifying the depth buffer afterwards.

I'll make a change to enforce drawing opaque objects in the order they are created, that way you can create the sky box first and know that it will always be drawing to a blank depth buffer. However I think this will need more thought in future since we may add optimizations for opaque object rendering like visibility trees that could mix up the draw order, at which point I'd need to add some way to ensure a particular object is always drawn first, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Quote: "Have a problem with AppGameKit beta 6 regarding android compilation"

The file with the errors is auto generated, try right clicking on the project and selecting Properties, then Java Compiler, and checking it is set to version 1.6 (compiler compliance level).

Quote: "What should i add to the linker settings for beta 6? I'm now getting the following errors."

It looks like the VS2010 lib is missing a source file, I've let Lee know for the next build.
Cor
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 03:48
Hey Paul,
I was able to compile the 1085 iOS player with no problems however when I tried to compile the 1086 iOS player I was given several errors.

Here it is

any help is greatly appreciated!
thanks for your time
wargasmic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 04:31
Quote: "It looks like the VS2010 lib is missing a source file, I've let Lee know for the next build. "

But when will the next build be?
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 13:56
Beta 6 the Help at Physics is Empty
file:///F:/AGK/IDE/Help/Reference/Physics.htm
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 16:57
Quote: "I was able to compile the 1085 iOS player with no problems however when I tried to compile the 1086 iOS player I was given several errors. "

It looks like you are trying to compile for i386, is this for the simulator? I've only tested it with armv7 and armv7s so it may be that the Facebook framework doesn't support i386.

Quote: "But when will the next build be?"

Lee says he will get a new build out quickly.

Quote: "Beta 6 the Help at Physics is Empty"

Physics got moved to 2DPhysics, it looks like a file got missed. I've updated it but not sure if it was in time for the next build.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 16:59
I found 2 errors thanks to that people that used my platformer framework reported them.

Render() is extremely slow now and i dont know wath changed in this as it started with beta 3 and just got slower.

GetdirectionX() and GetdirectionY() have alot off hickups now with beta 6.

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
@Cor, also replace the included FacebookSDK.framework with the one Paul posted here. Clean, and rebuild. I also had issues with prior betas if I would repack the AppGameKit folder before copying it to the Mac, instead a direct copy solved some of those as well.
Cor
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 19:54
Thanks xCept I will give that a try!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 20:10
Quote: "Render() is extremely slow now and i dont know wath changed in this as it started with beta 3 and just got slower.

GetdirectionX() and GetdirectionY() have alot off hickups now with beta 6."

I've not experienced these, can you send me an example?
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 20:47 Edited at: 6th Jan 2013 20:50
Quote: "I've not experienced these, can you send me an example? "

You can simply download my platformer sample as its there it happens

As you can see so did i solve it by lowering the amount of stars and use the draw sprite instead on each and everyone.

I used the render() before as it updated all sprites and grabbed them with the setscissor command.

Its inside the mode 7 like fx i used the render() command.

This started to get slow with the 108 betas and its the same with draw sprite.

But i belive this have an conection with various fixes that have bin done with other parts ?

But the gyros getdirection is probably conected with the drawsprite command that is slower now?
And not that command it self?

I nead some more testing but i have got my framwork to work again

Ps..........
Do you think that it could be the recoding of the border clear color that is dont with setclear color now?
Because the issues is with full screen and setscissor(0,0,0,0).

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 21:18
Render has changed as it now also handles 3D drawing as well. It calls the following commands in this order

To draw your sprites the only one you need is Render2DFront() so if you call this instead of Render() it will remove a lot of overhead. I suspect the depth buffer clears are what is causing you problems.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 21:34
Thanks paul as it explains alot

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 21:57 Edited at: 6th Jan 2013 21:59
Paul shouldt there be an 2d only sync command so people dont get confused ?
My editor went from 30 fps to 60 by replacing the sync()
with this.

Could be called Sync2Donly().

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 22:00
In fact you don't even need the first ClearDepthBuffer as Swap will do it automatically when it's finished ready for the next loop. You raise a good point if the app doesn't use any 3D then these clears are unnecessary. I'll see if I can add some code to skip them where possible.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
+1 for 2d and 3d only versions of sync & related commands
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 22:08
Quote: "In fact you don't even need the first ClearDepthBuffer as Swap will do it automatically when it's finished ready for the next loop. You raise a good point if the app doesn't use any 3D then these clears are unnecessary. I'll see if I can add some code to skip them where possible. "

Thanks as its even faster now
My 2d game is as fast as it whas before
Happy days.

Wouldt it be alot easier with sync() = updates all 2d and 3d.
sync2Donly() = 2d only
sync3Donly() = 3d only

Lets the user have all the power for manipulation and agk games shows some real muscle

wargasmic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 22:08
I'm using SetObjectLightMode but the model always shows as a solid white, no shading at all. Is there another command I should be using along with this, such as to set ambient lighting or something?

PS: Great work on the quick release of beta 7
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 22:09
Quote: "I'm using SetObjectLightMode but the model always shows as a solid white, no shading at all. Is there another command I should be using along with this, such as to set ambient lighting or something?"

you must create directonal light or point light.

wargasmic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 22:13
Quote: "you must create directonal light or point light."

Forgot to mention, I am creating a point light.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 22:21
is the point light close enough to the surface and big enough?
If its inside so will it not show.
You can download my 3d sample game to see how i used dir and point lights the easy way.
Its complete and in the showcase section.

Statue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 03:47
Say, I've um, got a question/problem: When I was running 1086, the version said 108. Now I'm running 1087, and the version says 107. Was the wrong file in the installer?
stefan81
Years of Service
User Offline
help file:
commands Physics.htm not show
wargasmic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 18:05
Quote: "You can download my 3d sample game to see how i used dir and point lights the easy way."

Thanks, i have checked out your 3d example, but what I don't understand is all objects have a solid shading/color. For example, a cylinder is the same shading all the way round, not dark on one side and light on the other. This is the same effect I am getting in my own project. Am I missing something?
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 22:52 Edited at: 7th Jan 2013 22:55
Quote: "Thanks, i have checked out your 3d example, but what I don't understand is all objects have a solid shading/color. For example, a cylinder is the same shading all the way round, not dark on one side and light on the other. This is the same effect I am getting in my own project. Am I missing something? "

Are we talking about the same files i have released?

Its called 3d freedom jump in the showcase and contain all the files.

This lightning is agks core directional light with an point light that follows the player.
No extra shaders.
If you mean spot lights or shadows so dosent agk have them so far.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 00:31
Downloading now, i wanna test the image pixel manipulation!!!!
Go TGC go!

Long life to Steve!
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 00:46
Well well well.....
Thx to TGC team for the Extra commands for iOS and for the job they are doing.
I will test all i can.

Long life to Steve!
Felis Astrum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 01:49
Paul, here is the thread discussing the DeleteText issue. I can't compare load times because I've moved to another computer to run 108, but it's still quite slow.

I'm new. I bring cats for all.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 02:26 Edited at: 8th Jan 2013 02:29
108 Beta 8 in download Section !

Thanks Paul ... Depth Writing on/off is fixed My skybox is looking well in 108 beta 8 everything goes back to normal for this bug.

Android AppGameKit Player 108 beta 8 APK attached here (i have added "108b8" in the application name to make it clearer between beta versions)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 02:34
Quote: "Android AppGameKit Player 108 beta 8 APK attached here"

Thanks Mike

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 23:54:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 23:54:46