Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / App Game Kit V108 Beta 8 - Over 200 New Commands

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Since I use VS2010 (not express) I had no problems with the ATLS and ATLSD.

For the libs, I just copy the files in the VS2010 over the default ones, so I don't have to change any references in the template itself!

I already had the DX9 sdk from the old DGDK times, I never thought I would have use for it again!!!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
By the way, those on Windows8 don't need the DX9 sdk, they can link to the appropriate DX found in the win8 sdk. but then the exe will be win8 only, it won't run on win7 unless there is the latest win8 DX runtime installed.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2012 22:39
I don't plan to worry about Windows 8 any time soon.

Based on some of the stuff I've seen with the AppUp store, I probably won't publish for Windows. (I have the first 12 level/fields done for my finished, but not published, game. There will be at least 25 level/fields.)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
AppUp is Intel's store. It's not worth the trouble

Windows8 store on the other hand is another different story.

In the next few months Microsoft is going to offer a free upgrade scheme to all Windows users, to upgrade to Win8! Plus all new pcs will come out with win8.

That's millions over millions of users that will have access to the win8 store.

So I hope that in the soon coming future, AppGameKit will add Win8 "modern ui" support. Lee should already have all the funky bits working.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " the special 108 ultrabook version is superseded by 1084. 1084 is much more advanced, i think they should delete the ultrabook version now."

So with 1084 we don't even need the "AGK Ultrabook Sensors and Touch" files from the other ZIP? I always download that one with the other beta file and copy the files over, maybe I shouldn't be doing that anymore if they are already integrated in 1084.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
no you just need 1084

1084 & 1085 use the direct input from DX9. the ultrabook version was just done fast for the intel contest and used the windows8 sensors api, which made it windows8 & vs2012 only

just use 1085
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 10:41
Quote: "the ultrabook version was just done fast for the intel contest and used the windows8 sensors api, which made it windows8 & vs2012 only"

That contest version is compatible with win7 and win8 32 and 64 bit. There was some confusion but people have had their apps validated those the OS's.

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 18:59
Is there any documentation of the new commands from beta 4 and 5 anywhere, they didn't get installed with the installer.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 19:04
Yes we want a changelog for each new version :p
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 19:22
Oh my - I was thinking Changelog earlier. Some many questions could be spared here. It's a chore, but it's invaluable.

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 19:33
hummm it seems that my android player need to be updated to beta 5 too ... The player beta 3 crash when it have to display 3D compiled with beta5 (but still work if compiled with beta3).

possible to provide the corresponding android player at the same time for next betas ?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 19:52
I'll try to get a v1085 Android Player done on Monday. (Earlier if my chores don't take up too much time.)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 21:08
Wow .. too much error in the android player .... com.facebook .... arg .. i will try to update the android sdk first. (ndk7 compilation goes well although)
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
In Progress - Build 1085
------------------------

-Added a few more dummy commands and tweaks to Facebook commands (should be command set complete now)
-Fixed issue with Mac not allowing choose image and capture image to work properly
-Ensured Android, Mac, iOS and Windows platforms all working together

In Progress - Build 1084
------------------------

-Added ability to save image in JPEG format on iOS
-Added CloneObject command to copy an object
-Added InstanceObject command to copy an object whilst sharing 3D data
-Fixed Android videos not starting from the beginning when stopped
-Added code for Android in-app purchase, although may be broken, sometimes returns errors from Google Play
-Added PushNotificationSetup to register for push notifcations on iOS
-Added GetPushNotificationToken to get push notification token for the device
-Improved image loading time on all platforms
-Improved performance of SetFolder and SetCurrentDir
-Added GetDeviceLanguage to return the ISO 639 language code of the device
-Fixed crash if ResumeSprite was called before PlaySprite
-Added code for Ultrabook Sensors and Multitouch
-Allowed VS2008 project to use above features (works from XP through to Windows 8)
-Replaced SensorsAPI with LocationAPI for GPS longitude and latitude (100% success)
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2012 01:56
I can't compile the Android Player 1085b ... i have added the facebook jar but something goes wrong in eclipse (i was able to compile the 1082b interpreter ... but not this one ...):

Any idea ?
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2012 14:30 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2012 13:31
Am I right in saying that v1085 Beta (Tier 1) includes the Ultrabook Multi-Touch commands and I do not need to download the 'AGK Ultrabook Sensors and Touch' as well?

If this is correct, I think I may have found an issue. The 'GetPoniterState()' command doesn't appear to be working as it did with v1083 + Ultrabook Sensors and Touch. If you simply Print(GetPointerState()), and then touch (and hold) the screen with one finger, you will see this correctly prints '1'. However, if you now do the same with a second touch (don't release the first touch), the state changes back to '0'. In v1083, the state always remained as '1' with additional touches...

EDIT: Added to the bug board...
Pawprints
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I'm trying to compile 1085 under xcode and I'm getting the following errors. Any ideas how to fix these or what causes them? I'm guessing that they're Facebook related?

(null): "_OBJC_CLASS_$_FBRequest", referenced from:
(null): "_OBJC_CLASS_$_Facebook", referenced from:
(null): "_OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSession", referenced from:
(null): "_OBJC_CLASS_$_SBJSON", referenced from:

I'm keen to build an iOs player as soon as I can Also oddly my help files seem to be a bit messed up as it still says what's new in version 7 (since I updated to 1083 I think). I still get the same after installing 1085. I'm sure it's a simple thing that someone who knows xcode better than me will be able to work out.

If it's not broken don't keep trying to fix it.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Pawprints, I was going through the same problem and in my case it was the result of zipping up the AppGameKit directory to transfer to my Mac and then unzipping it once transferred. Somehow that messed up the Facebook SDK framework references. When I copied the directory itself to the Mac without any compression everything was able to build fine the first time I launched it. (This is why I would like to see ZIP archives rather than EXEs for beta releases, personally).
pprem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2012 09:18
Quote: "-Added GetDeviceLanguage to return the ISO 639 language code of the device"

thanks

--
Patrick P.
http://www.gamolf.fr
7RS
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, still nothing about 3d animations ? The 1st post of the thread still speak about BETA 3 and not about the BETA 5. There is a list of new and fixed things ?

Thanks.

http://www.7ravenstudios.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/7-Raven-Studios/102567824318?ref=hl
https://www.facebook.com/groups/391126020940838/
Pawprints
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Xcept,

This is a bit puzzling as I did copy the entire folder directly from parallels which should be a complete intact installation. I'm a bit puzzled now as it should just work.

I agree totally that a zip folder that we copy over the top would make life 1000 percent easier

Pawprints
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2012 13:48 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2012 15:35
You know what you're totally right, it seems you can't get the files needed from a parallels install on your mac you have to use a real PC. I've just installed AppGameKit on a real PC and copied the folders and it's worked. Very strange indeed but at least I know now and anyone else that has a mac only may have to go and be nice to get access a real computer.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2012 00:32
Found a bug on DeleteSprite happen randomly even if i do GetSpriteExist on iOS.

Long life to Steve!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2012 10:03
Quote: "Found a bug on DeleteSprite happen randomly even if i do GetSpriteExist on iOS."

Is there any way you can reproduce it? A simple bit of code that does what your own code does would be great, also what version of AppGameKit are you using?

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2012 19:36 Edited at: 8th Dec 2012 12:47
I have tried to use the CloneObject and InstanceObject 3D functions but i'm not sure how to use them ... CloneObject is crashing my app .. and InstanceObject doesn't create any new object at all ...

(and i don't see any doc on this in the 1085b version)

Any idea ?

P.S. : is anyone has been able to compile the 1085b android player ?
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "P.S. : is anyone has been able to compile the 1085b android player ?"

Import the facebook project into Ecplise, right click it, go to "Properties", go to "Java Compiler" and set the "Compiler compliance level:" to "1.6". Once you do that, clean the facebook project and build it and then go back to the AppGameKit Player project right click it, go to "Properties", go to "Java Compiler" and set the "Compiler compliance level:" to "1.6". Clean the AppGameKit Player project and build it. It should now build without errors.

Sean

MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2012 08:54
Wow ! Android Player now compiles Well Great thanks Hockey !!

(The image loading is so much faster than before !! great !)
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 11:06
AGK Player 1085b APK (for android) attached (it may interest some people )

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 12:21
@Mike max,

Big thanks from me, I got a nasty virus and had to complete reinstall and although agk is up and runningiI've not got eclipse etc set up again.... Now I can at least play with this till I'm ready to build. Thanks very much.

I've never understood why tgc can't just add a built apk in the downloads myself!
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 12:50
Quote: "I've never understood why tgc can't just add a built apk in the downloads myself!"

They added it but not updated for 1085b (and 1085b's projects are not fully compatible with 1083b which is actually in downloads section,(even without using 1084 or 1085 commands) )

And for one reason, The iOS IPA doesn't want to be installed on my jailbroken iphone4 ... (which is still in ios 5.0.1 ... maybe it's the problem)
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
i think that once 108 is finalised they should just check out the templates and make sure they compile on a vanilla system, so that we users can shut our mouth from complaining all the time
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 21:03
@bjadams

Don;t get me wrong, I wasn't complaining - I never actually upgraded to any of the beta's as I've been working on a windows server for the phone app recently and getting that to accept multiple connections, but having read about all the problems it would be nice to just install the player and try it before going whole hog, especially since they advise you to do a clean install. As it happens though, due to my system failure I didn't have eclipse etc set up, but I will inevitably need to anyway so it was just laziness. Lol.

Here's a thought for the player though - I think it would be incredibly useful to allow it to store the re-run the last transferred app again. Maybe a button for example - one thing that would be hugely beneficial when doing anything that requires online communication is the ability to rapidly know what happens when that facility isn't there - like when the Wifi is off. Only it;s quite hard to broadcast with it off. Lol.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 22:30
It's entirely possible to have multiple versions of AppGameKit installed side by side, just specify a different directory.

This goes for the Android and Mac setups as well.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 22:55 Edited at: 10th Dec 2012 22:57
Quote: "It's entirely possible to have multiple versions of AppGameKit installed side by side, just specify a different directory."

For Tier 1 it's really easy, I just keep my projects in a totally separate folder to the install folder and when I install a new version of AppGameKit I copy the AppGameKit folder with a new suffix (the version number) so I save each version I have been using as I go... here's a screenshot from my TGC machine:

As you can see I only have the latest installs in this folder but I save the rest on my backup drive to revert to if necessary.

Attachments

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 23:20 Edited at: 10th Dec 2012 23:21
I see a pattern forming. Also, remember you only need the latest set of help files if you need to save space.

Attachments

Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 23:43
That's some excellent advice guys, I'll maybe give it a bash as I've hot a snag with the new version.

I tried the player and my app is fine, and I have to say - the image loading is just awesome now. I posted a sizable topic before about slow image loading times, and I have to say - Paul and co have excelled at speeding it up, it's as fast as the PC counter part now.

However I have another problem that is eluded to at the start of this log with the update notes. Actual it's persistent but odd. My app connects to an AppGameKit server I coded, and all is fine. But the app on the new player connects fine, then handshakes and authenticates username and password details as normal - but then the connection drops out after about 5 seconds. Two seconds later it;s back, then two seconds later it;s gone. Repeat to fade. Is this because the server app is not built using the newest AppGameKit yet - I'm not sure what they mean when they say message id 7 needs to be read as id 6 now?

Also, the app sends network messages correctly, and oddly the server is getting them ok, but whenever I exit the player says the last error was that the message id was incorrect - this happens for either id 1 (the server) or if I literally send it to getnetworkserverid(). Has anyone else found this, or know of a solution? It doesn't appear to stop the messages getting through so I'm slightly confused.

Oh, it;s internet connections, not lan BTW.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 00:46
The server side of the app needs to be built with the newest version of AGK. Since 1083 there was a change in the network code that means versions before 1083 cannot host for clients after 1083. The reverse is fine though, versions after 1083 can still be a server for clients using a version before 1083.
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 05:34
I also think, as bjadams, that the release version should include tested templates and updated samples for mac and pc. So far it has been a trial/error work just to discover that the problem are the outdated templates. It is a lot easier to start from -working fine- programs instead of discovering that the samples don´t work.

May the 3d force B with U
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 07:36 Edited at: 11th Dec 2012 07:37
What is also essential going forward with final builds is to synchronize the available AppGameKit Players on the different platforms. The players available through Google Play and iTunes have not been updated since May, and are not compatible with anything beyond 1.074. As such, any newcomers or casual users who purchased the full version but don't have the know-how or energy to try and compile the players themselves are out of luck to test on any devices. The player on some services like AppUp is even more outdated and the ones posted to our Products page are buggy at best.

(Maybe this was already brought up as I haven't carefully followed this thread).
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 16:06
iTunes does NOT have an AppGameKit Player. It has an AppGameKit Viewer, which is next to useless. Apple will never allow an AppGameKit Player on iTunes because it allows playing all sorts of games that have not been properly published with them. Yes, I know not many people are going to want to play games exclusively through a Player or purchase AppGameKit and then connive with the developers to get the projects. But, Apple is paranoid.

I haven't done the v1085 player yet, but there is a nice, clean, working v1076 on this page.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Arbrakan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 17:43 Edited at: 12th Dec 2012 00:48
*Deleted*

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 18:34 Edited at: 11th Dec 2012 18:35
Quote: "iTunes does NOT have an AppGameKit Player. It has an AppGameKit Viewer, which is next to useless."

I realize that, but my point still stands that all players/viewers that TGC have in the stores should be updated to coincide with final releases. The Android player should be painless update on Google Play but that too hasn't been updated since May.
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 01:54
I agree with xCept.
Ancient Lady only today saved me from throwing my toys out of the pram again by directing me to her 1076 player.
It's extremely frustrating, irrespective of the progress that's been made, I find it incredibly annoying that "new" stuff is being developed when there are plenty of issues requiring attention on the current release version.

I hope to hell there's a changelog available when there is a final release of this version. It's going to take me a long time to "convert" up I think with all the workarounds, when I dare to go for it.

There's lots of lovely fixes and enhacements to existing functions in there, but they can't be utilised with all the instability.

I've conversed directly with Lee about roadmaps, changelogs, branches and what-not in the past. I know how difficult it is, operating a medium sized software development company myself. You have to balance the needs of the existing users with new, marketable features. Profit sheet vs customer satisfaction: it's a fact of life. Doesn't make it any easier for the existing customer though.

Hmm.. I told myself not to post in this 108 thread.. good job I'm just a hobbyist game developer and not relying on this for income.

I'd have to say that all the focus on windows 8 and intel competitions really leaves me cold. I don't care. I want a stable product for what I started off developing against. Next thing we'll see is 109 - raspberry pi support

Hmm.. I've had a cigarette and reread my post, wondering if I've gone too ranty. No, it's ok.

People testing and checking out the 108 beta are really helping and I don't want to sound like a whining git, but TGC have to hear what users are saying.

The state of the published android player as xCept points out, is what has really wound me up. I've used 3 different players with the same version number now. If that happenned in my company we would breach our quality guidelines and someone would be on the hotseat (it's a pet peeve of mine).

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 14:14
Quote: "TGC have to hear what users are saying"

Listening

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I as a user have to say that 1085 works great on Windows.

However I am using T2 and 2d only, so i have no complaints about the ide and 3d.

i hope that 1085 works faultlessly on android and ios too.

the only thing i would like to see in the future is gamecenter support, Spriter integration and maybe a 108x for Playbook.

If TGC can offer those, then AppGameKit will be the best 2d multiplatform toolkit around... i tested out most of them so i know!
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 15:59 Edited at: 12th Dec 2012 16:00
Quote: "I as a user have to say that 1085 works great on Windows."

Same thing here ... 1085b works well. There is no unforgivable issues.

So AppGameKit rocks for me (Maybe I just know how to use it (...) :p)
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 20:12
I have to admit, I haven't fully updated my AppGameKit yet as I'm trying to spend as much time actually coding as possible, but thanks to MikeMax I downloaded and tried the new player - and everything that used to work in my old app still seems to be working fine. Image loading is now lightning fast (I assume for textures), and I've not had any of the other slowdown or lagging sprite issues that others have mentioned. I may be wrong though, but I believe the android requirement increased to 3+ now hasn't it (thought I saw that in the changelog) so maybe the age of the devices/their android systems being used are the problem in some of these cases? Just asking, don't all shout at ma at once now!!! Lol.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 09:07
The Android player 1083 doesn't work very well with AppGameKit 1084 or 1085, So I was wondering, Why hasn't TGC updated the player on the products page as well as AppGameKit itself? I realise that I would take a bit of work to actually compile and upload it, but it's sort of important, I can't test my app propely because the player always crashes. of course, I can test it on the computer, But I can't check to see if AdMob ads work. *arghhh*

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 09:12
MissJojo...

Few Lines above your post ... on the same page .. AppGameKit Player 1085b as an attached file :

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=200598&b=41&msg=2416725#m2416725
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 16:23
Quote: "The Android player 1083 doesn't work very well with AppGameKit 1084 or 1085"

A Player version must match the AppGameKit version exactly to work properly. You can sometimes get away with the Player being newer, but not the other way around.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 11:36:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 11:36:39