Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / It's that time of year again! InGaCreMo 2013: Official Sign up Thread!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 12:13
Ahahah, I just recently finished doing that Yodaman. I also got myself a new hard drive

The fastfood zombie killer
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 13:38 Edited at: 28th Dec 2012 13:40
I, WLGfx, pledge to attempt to create a music playing API plugin with some simple, but cool features by January 31st, 2013.

Using the DUMB library I hope to get a working version of a music playing API that allows the programmer to create DemoScene type of apps using Dark Basic Pro. It will allow you to load and play various music formats used in the scene demos such as Impulse Tracker (IT), Scream Tracker 3 (S3M), Fast Tracker 2 (XM) and Amiga Module (MOD) files. One of the most important features I am hoping to incorporate is the ability to read on-the-fly track information that the demo app can use. This will be the reading of individual track volumes and showing them as 3D graphics in the app, thus making the graphics dance in real-time to the music being played. At a later date I also hope to create on-the-fly FFT spectrum analysis which can also be used to alter the graphics being displayed.

So far I have a a music file being converted to sample data in mono or stereo and played back via openAL.

Here's to hoping I can get my head stuck into it to get it working.

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 14:42
WLGfx - attach video exporting to that and I am sold! [Alternatively I could hope for a pause at the start of it and that will allow me to start Fraps in recording ]

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 20:33
Quote: "I just recently finished doing that Yodaman."

Nice! Anything you shared on the forums?

@WLGfx Sounds awesome!

With only a couple of days left until the new year, it looks to be like this year's InGaCreMo will be awesome indeed!

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 21:41
Nostalgia made me buy RPG Maker VX Ace, so what I may do is take advantage of the 'use anything' rule and make a game using that. I might make the adventure game I had planned once upon a time. Maybe use it as a prototype for a future AppGameKit or DGDK project.

Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 21:45
is it to late to join up?

PAIN!

Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 22:27
It certainly isn't. Welcome aboard.

Mychal B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2012 06:13 Edited at: 31st Dec 2012 03:29
@yodaman not yet, the code needs to be cleaned up

Update: Have been working on the basics for the importer and exporter. So far everything has been working great. A whole lot smoother than I was expecting. How's everyone else doing?

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2013 03:26
I have decided the Project Name of my entry:

Quote: "Dynamic World Simulator [DWS]"

My blog post on the announcement can be found and read >here<

It is a lengthy post so I will make a short summary here...

I have been in need for a world viewer, not just for a model but for maps and terrains... So I decided why not just create a quick engine and simulate its environments using my created content...
I also needed as anybody a system by which I can place my world objects, see them as they appear and manipulate their positioning while they sit within their environment... and then exporting that data and use it to speed up my development process...

There is more but I need to do some more research and planning...

I may have a need to read the Dark Basic Professional EULA and Licence Terms, but having a hard time locating it again... cannot recall where I read it but it is certainly not on the DGS DVD or during installation... I have looked everywhere... Please help...
Alternatively if nobody can find it, I will just shoot TGC a ticket and hope for a speedy response.

Sorry for the shortness of this post but... I need to sleep now... Looking for that licence has taken me over an hour...

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2013 05:08
I would like to finish my first proper AppGameKit title by the end of January, except my girlfriend is still here until January 14. After she goes back to Korea that gives me about 2 weeks... I'll try!

Senior Developer - CBS Interactive Music Group
ArK 48k
Years of Service
User Offline
I, Ark 48K, pledge to create a working mini RPG adventure by January 31st, 2013. If its still cool to sign up that is... :s
Mychal B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2013 03:59
@Mr.Valentine: That's exactly what I'm working on for ingacremo!

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2013 04:50
Mychal B - Yeah, but it looks as if we have different approaches, are you using any of the paid plugins?

Could be interesting if you wanted to share thoughts and methods, drop me an email anytime , I plan to take this commercial and as such it will be worked like a horse

I have the concept worked out in my head and some small proof of concepts and such... but yet to write up a design document...

I also had an idea for a game, but Dynamic World Simulator will become a major part of my development pipeline in the coming year ahead!

1 for Me 1 for You 1 for My Computer [ And another for this fabulous irreplaceable Forum! ]

Mychal B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2013 12:34
Im really just making something custom for my needs, and programming it all in dbpro. Not buying any plugins. So far I can automatically load all the media, have a gui that can traverse the media files, place/position/rotate/scale models with adjustment bars, waypoints and respawn points. The only thing I have the exporter/importer doing right now is transferring the respawn points though so I can see it in action

neilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 23:09
I, Neil, pledge to create a demo version of a 3D top-down zombie shooter by 31JAN2013.

The game has a random city generator that has started to produce results (finally). No zombies yet (I plan to use DarkAI for that). GFX are boxes so far (concentrating on city generation logic).

I could supply a screenshot, but how exciting is it to see a grey box on top of a green box?
Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline
I, Randomness 128, pledge to make some sort of game in DBP by January 31st, 2013, and to actually work on it instead of posting about how I should be working on it.

320x224
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 07:12
So, I've been having internet issues since the 29th of last month and haven't been able to log on until the last couple of days - now that I'm back, how are everyone's projects doing?

I haven't been able to work on mine - been doing other stuff. But rest assured, mine will be be worked on in the near future!

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 07:26
I am still in the process of writing my PDD and life continues to get in the way, have another client to visit today [Sunday] and its a hard drive test / format... hoping it only takes an hour at most then I can get back and get version 1 of my PDD done so that I can begin coding!!!!!!!

I also bought my upgrade for my versioning software, so this project will be triple backed up with versioning too [Saves a copy of all files every 5 minutes to local disk, and every so often to my FTP, and an external drive too]

Mychal B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 09:15
Things are going great with mine. Not only do I have my level editor making all sorts of tasks easier for me, but also am able to export/import them into my game engine. That is, with a lil help from randomness128 on memblocks

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 10:33 Edited at: 6th Jan 2013 10:34
Quote: "So, I've been having internet issues since the 29th of last month and haven't been able to log on until the last couple of days - now that I'm back, how are everyone's projects doing? "

Good question. I've still not decided whether it'll be my RPGMaker VX Ace Project, my DarkGDK.NET project or my Unity3D 4 project.

Out of the 3, well, I've only touched RPG Maker VX Ace this month, but I've just transferred my Unity3D project from my ThinkPad over to my Acer gaming laptop, so I'll be able to crack on. However, I am waiting until I get paid to buy 2 more bits of software I need. I am going to grab 3D coat and Milkshape. 3D Coat because it's awesome for texturing and Milkshape because it can export animated FBX files (whilst my current software will only export them rigged and Unity's animation tools aren't ideal)

Images from Pulse, the RPG Maker VX Ace Project
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

The RPG Maker VX Ace project is actually based off of a previous project in DBP, but RPGified, with a few other changes.

If I go with my Unity3D project, you'll see this demo complete at the end of the month...though the progress hasn't been made this month, I am just looking to finish more media before I continue.

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 16:23
Mines coming along slowly but surely. So far I can read 'xm', 's3m', 'it' and 'mod' files, render them as 8 or 16 bit at 22050Khz or 44100Khz. As the sample is playing I can read the VU of the left and right stereo channels.

Today I'm testing out the individual volume meters of each channel within the module. This is usually 4 for a 'mod' file but ca be up to 64 for 'it' files.

Once that is done I'll be plowing back into working out how the DFT/FFT spectrum analysis is done.

Then some simple demoscene type of demos can be quickly thrown together.

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 22:05
Yodaman Jer - Can you update my entry in the first post?

Quote: "
-[24th Nov 2012 21:18] MrValentine: "Dynamic World Simulator [DWS]"
"

Thanks

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 08:33
Quote: "how the DFT/FFT spectrum analysis is done."

I'm highly interested in seeing the source code for that.

TheComet

http://blankflankstudios.tumblr.com/
Quote: ""
- Randomness 128
Southside Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 06:06
hey guys. is it too late to join? I wanted to join day one, but dang has it been hard to be on the computer. this is the first time I've turned it on all year. dang the holidays are weird like that.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 06:30
Welcome aboard Southside Games,

@ All - I may be giving something out for the winners, maybe some Music or Textures or Game Assets such as Environmental Models...

Southside Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 06:39 Edited at: 8th Jan 2013 06:40
I, Southside Games, pledge to create a working game by January 31st, 2013

I'm calling it Crossing Sydney. A 2D shoot em up. hoping to make it a co op game. but that will be decided at a later date.

Guess I better get started. I'm a week behind.
Mychal B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 06:53
Attached is a image of my level editor so far with a couple things put in it. Still pretty simple, but its working for me

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Southside Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 06:58
hey looks good. what do you plain to do with it?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 07:08
Mychal B - That looks comprehensive!

Mychal B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 07:27 Edited at: 8th Jan 2013 07:28
@Mr.Valentine: Thanks, it looks really funny though

@Southside games: Basically this is just something that

Positions/rotates/scales objects
sets waypoints/player starts/ respawn points
sets points/radius for a simple yet fast lighting system
positions/rotates/scales overlays

And is then imported into my game engine.

So far it can import and navigate all files in the level editor, object tab fully working, respawn in points working and exports objects/respawn points.

The level editor only takes an hour max usually to get a new exported feature tailored to work correctly. And by tailored I mean making the system that loads all the files and stores variables where they need to go

Southside Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 04:02
Cool. do you think I could use it for my project? Not Crossing Sydney, my real project. I'm working on a map editor. but yours looks much better.
Mychal B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 04:56
If you want to no problem! I would be more than happy. But first I want to get it running a little bit better. Things like if you hold down one of the adjust bars and move it, if you move the mouse down towards the other adjust bar it'll move that one to. Not to mention getting everything to import correctly on another persons engine

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 05:34
Attached is a quick preview of what I have so far, and getting to my target finally. All it does at the moment is load in a music file, render it, play it and reads the volume levels for the first 4 tracks. The files in the archive:

Now imagine a piece of music with more than just 4 tracks and 3D graphics bouncing around (as well as the camera) to the music. That's next...

I'm putting together a quick demo in DBP at the moment to show what it can do. Then after that I'll add the spectrum graphs, FFT's, etc...

And best of all, it's free from licensing restrictions. Can be used for both commercial and non-commercial stuff unlike BASS/BASSMOD/FMOD/etc...

Attachments

Southside Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 05:42 Edited at: 9th Jan 2013 05:43
@ WLGfx

For me it crashes when it loads and renders the music.

@ Mychal B

Cool. Thanks bro. That saves me a lot of time, now I can move on to the other stuff. I have a lot of systems to make, such as cut-scene, dynamic animations, and what not. This is a major time saver. Thanks again! ^^

But yah finish it first. I'm not going to be working on my main project for now.

Of course you will get a spot in the credits. ^^ and a cut of what prophet I make. I'm hoping to put it on steam or something!
Mychal B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 05:50
Ahahah, my program costs a massive 10 cents. just send it to my paypal account, k? Let me know if there's any features that you think would be helpful

Southside Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 05:56
nah sounds like you got a good start.

sorry. a little too much info?

You will learn that about me. sometimes I don't know when to shut up. >.<

and by sometimes I mean a lot.
Mychal B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 06:02
Now i'm just confused

Southside Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 06:03
explain about what so I can clarify.
Mychal B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 06:07
the little too much info

Southside Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 06:09 Edited at: 9th Jan 2013 06:18
I realized I did not need to spill out my intentions at this moment, and that it's out of place for this forum. Not to mention it shows just how big a head I have

update on my actual project....

I attached a photo. All it shows is my main character.

Yay! I'm on the board!

Attachments

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 06:51
I'll try it on my missus netbook in the morning... Darn it...

Mychal B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 09:35 Edited at: 9th Jan 2013 09:35

Progress is going absolutely awesome so far. Patched a pretty big bug with my AI, have weapons automatically importing in from my level editor, got my joysticks working really nicely "increments rotation faster the farther the joystick moves." automatic reloads when out of ammo, weapon animation transitions, zombies jumping through windows, HELL YAH! Good day today. I think I'll use my level editor to decorate my level nice and pretty after work tomorrow

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 09:58 Edited at: 9th Jan 2013 10:00
I feel so depressed that I have not been having any time to work on my project

I have had to work at the shop this week for three days, but Monday I was just sleeping all day... Getting ever so busy I just want to code!!!

EDIT

WLGfx, that works for me

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 10:17
Yeah, being busy sucks. It's why I've gone for the simple approach of an RPG Maker VX Ace project...and for nostalgic reasons.

Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 19:46 Edited at: 11th Jan 2013 21:37
I, Ashingda 27, pledge to create a working Action in DBPro by January 31st, 2013

I'm a little late this year again, no matter just adds to the challenge

Southside Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2013 00:16
@ Ashingda 27

lol never too late to join a contest with no prize
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2013 00:41
I am aiming to create some content as a prize for all winners... hope to have some of it done by this weekend... including Texture Images, Sound Effects, Environment Models... all Commercial Licence Free and Royalty Free courtesy of me.

But... Maybe we should include a panel in this and make a top 3/5?

I will try to make them as good as I can, and optimise the models too...

I am aiming for at least 5 Music Tracks, 10 texture files, and 5-10 Environment Models...

But no promises... I suspect I might fail my own challenge, as time is extremely limited for me lately...

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2013 00:43 Edited at: 10th Jan 2013 00:44
First release of my project: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=202806&b=18

Wahey! Only have to get the spectrum analysis code done now...

Graphics dancing to music... (very simple no media demo done)

Southside Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2013 00:53 Edited at: 10th Jan 2013 01:00
@ WLGfx

I hate to tell you this but your program crashes when loading.

Is there some plug in I need?

Update for my project.

My character is just about done. just need to do some rigging an it should be ready.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2013 01:01
POST 100

Works fine here...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 07:12:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 07:12:32