Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK version 2 Alpha 7.1

Author
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2014 22:53 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2014 22:58
On OSX 10.8.5

SetBorderColor effects both, border and canvas.
If you don't set it, SetClearColor effects also both.
Once you set the border color, the setting of the clear color gets ignored.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2014 01:27
Hay Paul, i mixed your last Template XIB files with my old template, and now it seems all is working.
I think the xib are different and i didn't knew it.
Thx for your patience!!!!!

Now i'm testing on all simulators and device.

PS.: We don't need the window.frame = bounds, your template work well without.

I will do my video on iOS 8 and the new Gekko template with the manager soon.
If i find something wrong i will immediately inform you!!!

Thx again, and continue in this way.... ah, what is different in the new xib? I see many new features but i don't understand.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you can replicate the bug please send me the code so I can run it through the debugger and find the cause."

I'll give it a shot

Also, this doesn't work.

unless size is a constant. I'm running on a slightly dated version of AGKv2 so I apologize if that issue has already been solved.

MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm running on a slightly dated version of AGKv2 so I apologize if that issue has already been solved."

You should really update all the time. Alpha means we should test the hell out of it. It isn't ment for production anyway.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2014 10:28
@xGEKKOx - I met Paul earlier this week and he can only help if you send him your project. You can be assured we will treat your project with the up most security and privacy, and we'll delete it once we have solved any issues.

Rick

Development Director
TGC Team
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2014 11:11 Edited at: 4th Oct 2014 11:13
swissolo:

That doesn't work because of things that happens during compile time. Sorry, I'm really bad with the lingo. But, this is what you must do:

But then why not save you some trouble and just do:

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2014 13:28
I get having folding for functions. I guess I don't really mind having folds for types and selects. But do we really need to have folds for every for/next and case/endcase? It is a cluttered mess now that I look at it. Best solution would of course be to offer the user the option to turn it on or off for each type of nest. But at least get it off my loops and cases please

One thing I miss from the old IDE was that it color marked the lines as changed (yellow) and changed+saved (green). Makes it really easy to spot where I have recently made saves.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You should really update all the time. Alpha means we should test the hell out of it. It isn't ment for production anyway."

The last 2 times I went to update the website seemed to be having some problems rather strange. Anyways, other than anything mentioned I haven't had any real problems with it. I have copies on multiple computers depending upon where I am so it's quite an adventure to update all of them

@Digital Awakening
I suppose I was just treating it like I had treated the dim command. The error report should be altered in that case, as it simply suggests that it needs an integer (which doesn't sound like only an integer in my mind). Like I said I switched to using
but I don't really see why what I mentioned couldn't simply start the array empty and leave an indicator to call arr.length = size itself once that point in the code was reached. It really isn't a big deal though.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2014 20:48
@Rick
All is ok, i solved mixing the Paul last XIB with the old one.
Read my post upper!!!!

Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2014 21:54
@swissolo : why don't you use that ?:

http://www.dracaena-studio.com
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2014 22:05
BTW, arrays are always global. No need to declare them as such.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "BTW, arrays are always global. No need to declare them as such.
"

Well if they're declared with dim they are. I think that's what you really mean there

Quote: "@swissolo : why don't you use that ?:"

I was trying to move to the new method which I prefer

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2014 11:56
Quote: "Well if they're declared with dim they are. I think that's what you really mean there"

So, you can create local arrays now? Well, I guess if you can pass an array to a function you need local arrays. It just hadn't occurred to me yet.

Anyway, anything declared as global are now handled during compile time and not during run time. So you can't use a variable that doesn't exist during compile time to declare a global array.

BobH0905
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2014 12:34 Edited at: 5th Oct 2014 12:37
Variable declarations seem to be different in V2 Alpha 7.1

In previous versions, this displays the character "1" on the screen (as I would expect)

As does this

In V Alpha 7.1, variable declarations seem to be behaving differently

This works

and this

but this doesn't

Neither does this

But this works

As it seems to be inconsistent, I assume that it's an error that's crept in.
And it doesn't produce any error or warning messages, either at compilation or run time. It took me a while to find out why I was having problems with my program that worked fine in a previous version, but was giving spurious results when compiled under V 2 Alpha 7.1
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2014 12:59 Edited at: 5th Oct 2014 13:07
@paul,
about a plugin system for pc (first),
my idea
#include "myapi.dll"
or #extend "myapi.dll"
or #pluginpc "myapi.dll"

the new compiler take this dll,
enum all function & parameter in it and wrap for tier1 +
save a command list file for ide in project folder.
the first function someone wish is the easy ShellExecute() call.

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit V2 Alpha .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2014 14:47
I recently moved all my AppGameKit projects into a folder on my OneDrive, and with the new editor, when I open a project all of the source files produce an error

Quote: "failed to open file 'c:\users\name\skydrive\agk projects\folder\file.agc': invalid argument"

Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2014 15:21 Edited at: 6th Oct 2014 15:22
Try using a path with no spaces.. " agk_projects " I know spaces has been an issue before.

I use Onedrive also, and I do not have this problem.

----------------
AGK programmer
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 19:19
Quote: "Once you set the border color, the setting of the clear color gets ignored."

Fixed for the next version.

Quote: "But do we really need to have folds for every for/next and case/endcase?"

I guess I could try and make them options in the preferences.

Quote: "In V Alpha 7.1, variable declarations seem to be behaving differently"

Fixed for the next version.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 20:30
Quote: ""But do we really need to have folds for every for/next and case/endcase?""

for me useful, but the state should save.

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit V2 Alpha .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2014 21:21
Hi

@Paul : I think I have found a bug (agk v2 alpha 7.1).

Please, test this code :

You need to create a txt file in media (named "test.txt"), with :

Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2014 00:41
=PRoF= You need to make sure the files in onedrive are accessible offline, right click the onedrive folder, and select it.

----------------
AGK programmer
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's.
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2014 01:39
@Impetus73:
Marvellous Thanks for that, that seems to have fixed the problem

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2014 03:22
Quote: "I think I have found a bug (agk v2 alpha 7.1)"

I can confirm that is a bug, thanks for the easy to test example. The problem is the exiting of a loop whilst inside a case statement. In fact any command that forces the interpreter out of a case statement will cause stack corruption, this means Continue, Exit, ExitFunction, and Goto off the top of my head. I can probably fix the first three, but Goto I might have to disallow in case statements.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Isn't Goto handled the same like a function call without parameters and without a return value?
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2014 13:32
@paul,
there are some deprecated functions, i saw in help,
think u can remove in v2.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 12:00
I like how the new IDE loads up my project and all open files when I start it. But as has been requested before, it would be great if it also remembered the order of the open files rather than opening them up alphabetically. And I wouldn't mind going one step further. How about it also remembered the position within each file? If possible.

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 14:08 Edited at: 11th Oct 2014 14:15
@paul,
i convert my next v1 project, useing v2 7.1.
this if then combination did not work, the compiler did not understand
if abs(dx#-dy#)>0.01 then if iNetID then SendUpdate(iNetID,Player.MoveIndex,2,0,1)

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 18:35
Quote: "Moved AppGameKit write folder for apps from "My Documents/AGK" to "AppData/Local/AGKApps" on Windows
"

this is very bad! can we have the files back in the documents folder!

your new getdocumentspath() command is useless and only good to read files from. I have tried to make directories in there and even tried to write files in there and it does not work!

please fix 1 or the other [both would be nice] ....im gunna hafta downgrade back to 7.0 till this is fixed.

lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 18:59
Quote: "i convert my next v1 project, useing v2 7.1.
this if then combination did not work, the compiler did not understand
if abs(dx#-dy#)>0.01 then if iNetID then SendUpdate(iNetID,Player.MoveIndex,2,0,1)"

Yeah I noticed the new compiler didn't like "then if".

What about using AND?

My hovercraft is full of eels
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 19:42
@lilpissywilly
sure, but i want the compiler understand same before in v1

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit V2 Alpha .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini
lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 20:13
fair 'nuff

My hovercraft is full of eels
BobH0905
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2014 23:00
Atlas Subimages and Export to Android APK
AGK IDE 2 Alpha 7.1
Windows 7 64 Bit

I seem to have a problem running my program on an Android device.
It seems to export and install on the Android device correctly, and a countdown timer I put in to test it works fine. But it won't display any sprites.
I have nearly all my sprites in an Atlas subimage file, and it all works well in windows. But not at all on the Android.
I looked at the Example programs, and noticed that every sprite was in its own png file. So I copied a couple of sprites from the Atlas file, and saved them as free-standing sprites. And it worked. They showed up on the screen.
Is it as simple as that? Do Atlas subimages not work on Android exports?
Or is there a way around it? I have quite a few sprites and I don't really want to have to dig them out of the Atlas subimage file now that I've just got them in, and tidy.
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul:
I finally produced code that demonstrates the problem I was describing earlier.

MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
BobH: did you made sure that the casing of the filename in your code matches the casing of the actual file. Windows doesn't care but Android/iOS cares. MySheet.png is different than mysheet.png
BobH0905
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2014 17:00 Edited at: 13th Oct 2014 17:02
Quote: "BobH: did you made sure that the casing of the filename in your code matches the casing of the actual file. Windows doesn't care but Android/iOS cares. MySheet.png is different than mysheet.png"

Thanks for that Mike. I did actually check that, and it wasn't, so I changed it. I first found that to be a problem with the individual sprite files as well. I also checked the entries inside the subimages txt file in case that mattered too. I only did all that because I saw a response that Ancient Lady had given to a similar query, and wondered if that might be a reason for my initial problems, and it was. (I also thought "bloody unix")
I may try an atlas file with just a couple of sprites in it, and fiddle with the text in different ways to see if I can get it to work. But trial and error's a time consuming process, with no guarantee of success.
Has anybody got atlas files working with Android exports? If I knew that it was possible it would at least give me a hint.
And, is there any documentation for this process? the only help I seem to be able to find is getting answers to questions (either mine or other peoples) in this forum.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2014 17:41 Edited at: 13th Oct 2014 17:42
Quote: "Isn't Goto handled the same like a function call without parameters and without a return value?"

Functions have defined structure whereas Goto could go anywhere.

Quote: "this if then combination did not work, the compiler did not understand
if abs(dx#-dy#)>0.01 then if iNetID then SendUpdate(iNetID,Player.MoveIndex,2,0,1)"

Unfortunately that type of nesting is no longer supported, you will need to change it to

or

Quote: "your new getdocumentspath() command is useless and only good to read files from"

This should work

Quote: "I have nearly all my sprites in an Atlas subimage file"

Quote: "did you made sure that the casing of the filename in your code matches the casing of the actual file"

Definitely sounds like a case issue.

Quote: "I finally produced code that demonstrates the problem I was describing earlier."

Perfect, thanks. Fixed for next version.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 02:30
Great Paul, you are doing a great job!

I'm trying to give help to you all with my new videos.
Lesson 4 include 6 part of 30 min each, that explain and give the download for the NEW template with the "Gekko Manager".
For the moment is only in italian, but i translated the code in english (as you can see from the videos) so i will give it to all for free to start to code in AppGameKit Tier 2 without losing the time to code it.

I think this could be the best community ever
Go go go!!!

dooz
Years of Service
User Offline
Is the intention that the "Export AppGameKit Player" functionality is sufficient to build a final product to upload to the store? Or do you need to build the player separately, drop in bytecode, etc?

How do you do things like set all the Icons, there are about 12 if you want to support iPad and iPhone?
What about Default startup images?
What about other libraries?

Is there any info about this?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 12:27
Quote: "How do you do things like set all the Icons, there are about 12 if you want to support iPad and iPhone?"

I think it says earlier in this thread that you upload the largest size and it creates the smaller ones.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
BobH0905
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 14:41
Atlas Subimages and Export to Android APK
AGK IDE 2 Alpha 7.1
Windows 7 64 Bit
Andrid devices:
Kindle Fire System Version 7.4.9_user_4952320
Samsung S2 phone Android Version 4.1.2

Attached is code showing using both "loadimage" and "loadsubimage" for getting sprites onto the screen of an Android device. I've tried both on Windows and they work fine. Not so on Android. I've tried exporting as Android APK using both Android SDK Version 2.3.1 and 3.2. The display of sprites using loadimage works, loadsubimage doesn't.
Also attached are the files I've used. Can anybody get this working please, or let me know that it doesn't work?

Link to .png files and subimages txt file, hopefully. Never tried this before so I may not do it right.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=3A9D9D70A4DC1758&id=3A9D9D70A4DC1758%211023#
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 17:52
Quote: "Is the intention that the "Export AppGameKit Player" functionality is sufficient to build a final product to upload to the store?"

The "Export AppGameKit Player" option is only for compiling the player so you can install it on your device for broadcasting. For exporting final apps check out the File->Export Project->As iOS IPA

Quote: "How do you do things like set all the Icons, there are about 12 if you want to support iPad and iPhone?"

Quote: "I think it says earlier in this thread that you upload the largest size and it creates the smaller ones."

Correct

Quote: "What about Default startup images?"

Currently you have to do these manually if you want to change them, right click AGK2.app and show contents, browse to Contents/Resources/share/geany/ios/source right click on "AGK 2 Player.app" and show contents, then replace the Default.png files or add some extra ones.

Quote: "What about other libraries?"

No other libraries, but you will need some signing certificates from Apple.

Quote: "Is there any info about this?"

The text at the start of the export dialog explains a few things.

Quote: "Attached is code showing using both "loadimage" and "loadsubimage" for getting sprites onto the screen of an Android device."

The file "Hands Subimages.txt" should be "Hands subimages.txt", Android final apps are case sensitive.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 19:06
Quote: "this should work... SetRawWritePath( GetDocumentsPath() )"

i tried this also and it used the new writting location under appdata.... even created a folder in there.

extra info...im running windows vista if thats the problem?

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 19:10
Quote: "i tried this also and it used the new writting location under appdata.... even created a folder in there."

It will use the AppData folder during its setup, then after SetRawWritePath it will use the new path for any future writes.
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 19:23
@ PAul :

Hi, i don't know if it's a bug or not, but it doesn't work as it should :

I hope it's usefull .

george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 19:26
I think V7.1 is quite mature for someone to start play with it but it would be nice if we have a time line for the debugger
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 20:13
I don't thin k you can declare globals in a function.

-- Jim - When is there going to be a release?
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 22:00 Edited at: 14th Oct 2014 22:08
@paul,
i try #option_explicit
but compiler not understand local f$
in combination with endfunction f$
also it seams compiler still auto declarate f$=...

same with values local x#

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit V2 Alpha .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 22:02
Minor minor point. Can we get some new "made with AppGameKit " logos?

MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The file "Hands Subimages.txt" should be "Hands subimages.txt", Android final apps are case sensitive. "

Bob, I did mention this before. The same applies to iOS.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2014 03:20
Quote: "Hi, i don't know if it's a bug or not, but it doesn't work as it should ... should be 555 and its 0"

Thanks, foxed for next version. It was having trouble with "as integer" when used in a comma separated list of declarations and created both a global and local variable, so only the local one got changed in the function and the global was used outside.

Quote: "i try #option_explicit
but compiler not understand local f$"

For option explicit to work your variables must be declared as something, like as integer, as float, etc.

Quote: "Can we get some new "made with AppGameKit " logos?"

I've let Rick know.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:58:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:58:26