Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / v2 Feature Requests

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 00:17
Thanks. I'll check it out
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 08:55 Edited at: 10th Jun 2017 09:23
nice to have (windows)
str=GetFileDate(path,Enum which)
result=MoveFile(pathfrom, pathto) without loss of creation date
AGK (Steam) V2017.05.15 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (17.4.4) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS Sierra (10.12.2)
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 11th Jun 2017 13:53
For tier 2, please put all of your classes in namespaces. I tried updating to the latest AppGameKit since the version I was using was quite old and I can no longer build anything because of a bunch of ambiguous symbols. In particular, two classes that were causing a lot of problems were Vector and BaseItem, but I do see other classes (I believe all in the bullet wrapper) without namespaces.
"Giraffe is soft, Gorilla is hard." - Phaelax
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2017 16:32
My "alltime favorites":

ATSC (texture compression support)
Spine implementation with Attachments and Skinning, also converting as 3D object with skeletons/bones to use Spine in 3D space
video playback, multiple videos with videoIDs and transparent WebM videos
native MOD music support (not Windows only with plugIn)

Blending 3D Object Animations (only some bones from these frames and some bones from the other ... or so, head, feed and hands separate ...)

Save 3D Object!

ForceFeedback for GameControllers (Xbox 360 / XBox One S Controller)

Tier 1 -> Tier 2 converter (or able to use both source codes in maybe separate #includes)

Love you guys. Keep the good work.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2017 03:58
it would be great to have a nib size with the DrawLine() function
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2017 20:11 Edited at: 18th Jun 2017 20:14
I need an MD5() function ! (i can use sha1 instead ... don't take this into account :p)
--------------------------------
Join us on dedicated AppGameKit WeeKChat :
https://week.chat/room/AppGameKit
AjiMundi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2017 03:30 Edited at: 19th Jun 2017 03:36
Tried to create MD5 function myself. But AppGameKit does not have the integer range required for such operation.
I therefore request long integer support (8 byte integer instead of 4). It would be useful for, you know, science.
CoreGrid
Years of Service
User Offline
A simple way to draw 3D primatives:
https://taskercode.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/gl-primitives-with-background.png

And SSAO for 3D
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2017 03:17
The ability to Broadcast over the internet ( Maybe using a token so a remote device could subscribe)
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2017 00:50
ssl sockets please
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2017 02:07
Quote: "I need an MD5() function !"

MD5 has been pretty much abandon due to security flaws and its also vulnerable to string collisions, probably why TGC did not implement it!

Quote: "it would be great to have a nib size with the DrawLine() function"

+1, Point() and Plot() would be very useful to.
AjiMundi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "MD5 has been pretty much abandon due to security flaws and its also vulnerable to string collisions, probably why TGC did not implement it!"

Some of us just want to have a hashing function, and as that, MD5 is still pretty much broadly used. Anyway, the simplest solution would be to provide support for 128 bit integer (or more), and we can just implement it ourselves, be it MD5 or other solutions.
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
Still wanting official 3d shadow system.
JohnStabler
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 09:39 Edited at: 29th Jun 2017 09:42
Hi,

I've been recently looking at terrain generation. Generating terrain in AppGameKit and applying a single texture doesn't look great. I'm guessing splat mapping might be achievable by using shaders, but I wonder if it would be worth adding a feature to AppGameKit that could automagically generate the shader to allow an arbitrary number of textures / UV scales in combination with a splat map?

EDIT: Also, PNG16 support would be handy for better precision heightmaps. It's mentioned as a future possibility in the docs.

Thanks,
John
Coilwinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2017 20:35 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2017 20:40
Support for S-pen stylus with pressure (as opposed to touch, IE differentiable so that touch event may be ignored).
Dark Basic Matrix-style 3D terrain (runtime adjustable heights, textures etc.).

EDIT: I'd like to add, getting (raw) joystick names could be handy as well?
Also, how about a dark theme for the help pages ( and please don't have light cyan-on-white for links... )
Apologies for any typos and strange grammar.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 00:06
would be nice if .insert returned the index where the item was inserted
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 4th Jul 2017 01:33
I would like to see the Set Window Size command allow for larger than screen sizes working in a scrollable Windows window.
Or another command that could do the same working in a window would be great

With the 3rd parameter set as 0 it shrinks the screen to fit
Setting it to 1 just gives a fullscreen in a correct resolution but no way of scrolling to other parts

snippet from the help file

There is probably more important things to be done just a problem I came across with a 2d level editor that would be handy if you could scroll in a window when you was designing the level
fubar
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2017 02:26
That sounds a lot like the SetView commands
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2017 06:09
Thanks blinkok I should've checked the documentation better but wasn't sure what I was looking for so went searching the forums

The setviewoffset command may be what I need and I believe there was also a tutorial explaining how to do this in one of the older newsletters
so I will go searching through my mailbox and see if I can find it.

I'm hoping I can do something like this

Apologies for posting here as I thought it was the way agk used a Windows window as other languages ive used in the past allow the scroll bar
fubar
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2017 06:42
I think there is no limit to the x,y values you can use when positioning a sprite (Even negative values). They refer to them as WORLD co-ordinates
From what i understand platform games will layout the entire level and use SetViewOffset() to follow the player
It does your head in for a bit (Do i think world or screen co-ordinates???) but you get used to it
Coilwinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2017 01:38 Edited at: 7th Jul 2017 06:38
Just a couple of minor convenience suggestions (as I'm getting back into AppGameKit from discovering an old never-finished project):

A "Rename" function for included project files could be handy (on right-click on an editor tab and / or left-hand panel project overview list)
A "Save Project As" function (which if saved in a new folder then also do a "Save All" into this folder, including media folder(s) and contents etc.).
( Perhaps a "Project" menu for project related functions as well, to separate these from the "File" menu stuff? )

Granted these might not be overly important (no hit for AppGameKit in a search), especially as the "Windows Explorer method" works good enough. At least for copy and rename of the project folder and the AppGameKit project file.

But it's a bit cumbersome with additional project source files (with the duplicating, renaming, open file then adding said file to project, then removing the old named files from project, then deleting said old named files in explorer... maybe I'm doing it wrong though?) Changing any #include directive probably should be as-is; manual editing. Or should it?

EDIT: Minor edit for clarification.
Apologies for any typos and strange grammar.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2017 23:01
Would it be possible to add alpha values to the Draw* commands, Im trying to draw a selection rectangle and wanted to fill the selection area with a faded color, a plain empty square looks a bit tacky, I got around it with a faded sprite and a box border but would have liked to just use the draw commands.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2017 10:41
Quote: "Just a couple of minor convenience suggestions"

Yes I have one aswell, could you please add a "Save To Templates" option in the script tab right click menu so when I'm done writing a modular include I add it to the templates folder without having to resort to windows explorer, it would make updating them a little easier to.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2017 09:45
JSON -> Structure (Type)
Type -> JSON

JSON, like in PureBasic (https://www.purebasic.com/documentation/json/index.html)

XML, like in PureBasic (https://www.purebasic.com/documentation/xml/index.html)

Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2017 12:08 Edited at: 14th Jul 2017 21:41
Some sort of ramdrive like feature for unpacking media would be nice. I was thinking if I store my stuff (graphics, sounds and music) in a memblock, zip it, then encrypt it, afterwards I would be able de-crypt, unzip and lastly make a file from memblock to the ramdrive like feature. That would mean less wear on end-users drives and make it harder to tamper with media files. Would this be possible?
13/0
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
Webview
The ability to read from a password protected zip file
Steam achievements
JohnStabler
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2017 12:33
The ability to create 3D physics forces. The 2D physics allows you to create ranged forces within the world or apply force over time to sprites. Would be cool to do this with 3D objects too.
BHoltzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Besides being able to use my Spriter Pro .scon file, I'd also like to be able to use 2d normal maps and 2d lights on sprites in 2d mode.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 07:36
I would like to be able to change the image for the hardware pointer when using Windows - Great for tool making!
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
3d sprite feature(animated textures on plane) with commands to control the texture animations and frames.

2d look games that using 3d.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2017 07:34 Edited at: 26th Jul 2017 07:44
An additional, optional parameter to SetTextMaxWidth() that doesn't allow the text to wrap to the next line. It would be very useful for when SetTextScissor() is being used on a on a larger area.

An example of which would be a file explorer. You want the text to be scissored onto the explorer window but the text needs trimming to fit the icon it is beneath.
Increase
Years of Service
User Offline
- the possibility to let the app run in the Background ( + System Icon on Windows ) & execute Actions on Events or Pop up
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2017 02:44
Any idea of the timeframe before we can export to other formats?

fubar
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2017 04:04
FixSpriteToSprite() would be invaluable
Increase
Years of Service
User Offline
GetWindowHeight | GetWindowResized | GetWindowPosition
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2017 17:21 Edited at: 28th Jul 2017 17:29
hoyoyo80 wrote: "2d look games that using 3d"

Use CreateObjectPlane( width, height ) and Orthogonal Projection with SetCameraFOV(1,0)

If you want an isometric look:
I posted some code here

Using AGKv2 Tier1
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Jansbo...ill surely use that..

But my request is more if possible to control animated texture on 3d plane like command in 2d sprite.

Thanks btw
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2017 13:36 Edited at: 29th Jul 2017 13:39
Hello TheGameCreatorians

Lately, I think it would be very engaging if AppGameKit had functions for Augmented Reality.
You know, the thing where we scan a physical card, and 3D models pop out in the smartphone screen?

We all had so many different celebrations for each country and religions.
So in last celebrations, one postage company made some AR postcard and sell them. The 3D graphic was nothing mesmerizing, but having physical cards as commemorations and having 3D cartoon characters plays in our phone AR gave a really nice, realistic feeling.
We could even start a new business by selling AR cards that's tied to mini games. I got really motivated to make AR games after that celebrations. But AppGameKit doesn't have AR functions... And being a hobbyist, my pitiful skill in other language does on enable me to make one.

I imagine other people would want AR for other usage too.
I wish TheGameCreator will take AR into consideration to implement Augmented Reality functions in Tier 1. I saw a lot of enjoyable things to be done with it.
Thank you.
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2017 11:15
sorting arrays:
to be able to further sort on the type variables in the order they are placed in the "type", not just a single sort on the 1st variable.
Increase
Years of Service
User Offline
adding a "+1" button (+count) to forum posts - so one can easy assess which features are wanted most / which posts are most helpful
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2017 08:20
3D scene format from Khronos Group, JSON based

glTF import / export / conversion (for HTML5 export, and normal use)

https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GlTF

Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2017 08:30
Support for Kinect 1 and 2.0, Windows and XBox One (Kinect 2.0 only)
Skeletons, Depth, Webcam

Like Device Points on Touch (GetRawTouchCurrentX ...), or like GetObjectBoneAngleX ...

So when using the Kinect 2.0 it could create an 3D object and with AppGameKit we could ask, which BoneAngle has which bone.

And the 3D Sensor could do also something, get 3D Depth-Map. Maybe. Also Intel and Asus have something like the Kinect, also the Wacom Cintiq Companion 3 has a 3D cam built in.

Maybe we can have that as Windows only with a plugin, I don't know. But Kinect 2.0 with XBox One would be the greatest. I think, it could be done with some changes to the VR DLC. And Hand-Triggers insteat of the Oculus Touch Controls.
Increase
Years of Service
User Offline
Giving OpenRawFolder() a further flag, so it can create a Folder, if the Folder doesn't exist.

basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline

Suddenly, an object were no longer to be seen in my game. I tried various things but finally found out that I could fix it by moving the code where it was being defined. Then I discovered that another object has gone. I moved that code too. That fixed it, but then another object went missing.

Finally, I discovered that I had added an image, like so:

elephantImage = LoadImage("elephant.png")

And later, I had tried deleting it:

DeleteObject( elephantImage )

Which made the engine happily delete random stuff instead.

My feature request: an error message would be really nice here!
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2017 00:53
Being able to call a Tier1 function from plugin code like you would with the Lua C API for 2-way communication, it would be super helpful for defining callback functions and have event driven code

agkutString("my string")
agkutFloat(99.9)
agkutInt(123)
agk:CallFunction("myT1functionIntReturn")
result=agk:GetInt()

Im currently using a message queue system via a structure and a linkedlist for UI events and although it works very well it would be nice to just define a callback.
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2017 02:38
@Increase: +1 for your idea

@Xaby: glTF I didn't knew this existed... I like it.

@basicFanatic: How would you know if elephantImage is the id of an image or an object ?
elephantImage is just a integer variable not on object/type/struct where you could save the Index and where it belongs to... I think it is up to you writing this error system in AppGameKit

@PartTimeCoder: I think I requested function pointer ages ago... so +1

Using AGKv2 Tier1
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2017 08:30 Edited at: 12th Aug 2017 08:34
assign references like so

type mytype
myvalue
endtype

local a as mytype
local b as mytype

a.myvalue=123

b < a instead of = which make a copy , < assign the reference , or how about this syntax b = ref a

it offers manifold opportunities.
AGK (Steam) V2017.07.19 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (17.4.4) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS Sierra (10.12.2)
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
+1 @Markus idea for assigning references. we had a discussion on this https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/220197
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2017 12:03
@basicFanatic: You create an image, then try to delete an object with the images ID. This is a coding issue.
Click here for VR Legend of Zelda stuff
basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline
Using the 3D Asset Pack, I imported officechair.x into my Virtual Reality game:

officechair = LoadObject ("officechair.x", 0.020) // yeah, its way big
officechairDif = LoadImage("officechair_D.png")
SetObjectImage(officechair, officechairDif, 0 )
officechairNrm = LoadImage("officechair_N.png")
SetObjectNormalMap( officechair, officechairNrm )

The line with the normals gave me this error:

Pixel shader failed to compile: 0(16) : error c1008: undefined variable "uvVarying"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:59:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:59:26