Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / v2 Feature Requests

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ECS implementation in Tiers 1
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2017 14:17
Would it be possible to have animated alpha values supported in the 2D skeleton functions please? These functions work really well (with Spriter and Spline) for animating charaters, except that its only rotation/movement working with no varying alpha which can be used to so some really cool explosion/fire/smoke effects etc...

Also, id really like to see serial port functionality (opening and sending on COM ports on windows, dev/tty on linux & Rasp PI). If you could open, send and receive through the file commands (like with the PI GPIO pins) that would be great and allow some cool PI projects.
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2017 22:18
For the next AppGameKit version(I'm using Tier1), I'd love to see these improvements/additions, that imho would really take it to the next level:

1. Car physics.
2. Multiple cameras.
3. Automatic texture loading for 3d-models.
4. True compilation for Tier1, if possible. (right know I believe is interpreted?)
Carharttguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2017 15:26
A way to do 3D terrain editing. AKA CreateObjectFromHeightmap should be able to take an imageID instead of a filepath.
Also on this subject: full RGB support for CreateObjectFromHeightmap instead of 8bit grayscale.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2017 22:02 Edited at: 30th Dec 2017 11:56
PauseTweenCamera is in the wrong place in the help file. It's sat up there at the top all on its own when it should be down with the rest of the Camera Tween commands.

Also, and more importantly, ResumeTweenChain() is missing!
All the other tween have a pause and resume command but chains only have a pause.

[Edit]There is also no way to determine if a tween is currently paused. So we need the commands GetTween_all_Paused()
Kot
Years of Service
User Offline
1. Command to save and read UDTs directly instead of splitting and converting numbers into text variables.
2. Again more gps commands (or raw nmea output - shouldn't be too hard to implement).
3. Simplify UDT declaration, like

4. Fixed-length strings in UDTs that will make easier saving it as records:

5. Keyword With to simplify working with UDTs:

6. Expand Inc and Dec keyword functionality to arrays:
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2018 09:22
Quote: "Carharttguy posted on: 29th Dec 2017 15:26 :

A way to do 3D terrain editing. AKA CreateObjectFromHeightmap should be able to take an imageID instead of a filepath.
Also on this subject: full RGB support for CreateObjectFromHeightmap instead of 8bit grayscale."

I second that.
If done well we can then have deformable terrain.

For instance when a grenade hits the impact can be made visible by a crater, which I was able to do in Blitz3D.
Would be awesome and probably shouldn't be too hard to implement.
EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2018 11:36
I think having the ability to compile tier 1 programs instead of bytecode should be paramount even if its available only for paid customers

all other features can come later, i know tier 2 allows it but if i wanted to use C++ i would write the engine myself.
-EdzUp
IronManhood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2018 14:18 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2018 18:58
I'd like to add GetTextAlignment( txtID ).

Although, this works:
MadBit
VIP Member
Gold Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2018 15:52 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2018 15:53
I do not know if that has already been suggested. But a function like

SetMeshMemblockAttribute ("attribName", vertexIndex, componentValue0 [, componentValue1 [, componentValue2 [, componentValue3]]])

would be very helpful.
Share your knowledge. It\'s a way to achieve immortality. (Tenzin Gyatso)
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2018 16:21 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2018 16:21
+1 for SetMeshMemblockAttribute
I think I already asked for this feature somewhere.
I made a library for that in my shader pack I can add what ever attribute I want.
I needed it to add barycentric-coordinates for the wireframe shader and soft normals for the outline shader, maybe you want to take a look at it.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2018 08:25
Some built-in shaders
Nothing spectacular - but even DBP had some built-in shaders and that was developed 16 years ago!

HeightMapping
NormalMapping
SpecularMapping
SphereMapping
CubeMapping

The SphereMapping shader in DBP was awesome for creating shiny metallic objects. I'd love to see that in AGK.

I'd also like to see the return of FadeObject(). That was great in DBP for both reducing and increasing the apparent brightness of an object.
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2018 13:28
The ability to get command line arguments on systems that allow them would be nice.
Kot
Years of Service
User Offline
Button "Quick run" in the editor, compiling and running the program from a temporary file, without saving current file.
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 6th Jan 2018 12:50
Maybe a useful commands would be able to be able to read and write keys to and from the Windows registry, so to be able to use registry to store software configurations
Xaron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2018 19:50
CreateCamera - is it ever going to come? I'd really need it.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2018 20:19
Quote: "CreateCamera - is it ever going to come? I'd really need it."

You can easily simulate multiple cameras with SetRenderToImage commands
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2018 20:51 Edited at: 6th Jan 2018 20:58
Xaron wrote: ""CreateCamera - is it ever going to come? I'd really need it.""

MikeMax wrote: "

You can easily simulate multiple cameras with SetRenderToImage commands "

I dont think you need to render to an image to use multiple cameras. Taking control of the render pipeline and using scissoring should be enough to do multiple cameras with existing built in functions.
(I think)

You would Set up the first camera then Render3D() then move the camera change the scissoring on screen ,and render3D() again and then swap(). This should allow multiple cameras I think??
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2018 21:33
Yes you may use scissors function but it depends on how you want to use your cameras. Using RenderToImage allows you to position your others cameras everywhere on your screen (as a sprite), over another camera if you want. or on a 3D plane as a texture or on any object. And the problem with Scissors method is that it will "cut" the rendered scene so ... complicated to offset or rescale the scene to match the scissor area. So I prefer RenderToImage method
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2018 23:12
Really good points Mike!!

The ability to render a 3D scene then put the render on a texture in the scene is pretty cool and could allow for some impressive effects.
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2018 01:17 Edited at: 9th Jan 2018 01:19
If you try the scissor method, I would think that as soon as you call the swap() command to swap from back to front buffer, your other "camera" would turn black or whatever your clearcolor is set to.
Not tested but I think you actually need a buffer for every camera, if it is a renderimage or not ...well we only have the screen and images

+1 for "Automatic texture loading for 3d-models"
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2018 22:33 Edited at: 9th Jan 2018 22:39
Janbo wrote: "If you try the scissor method, I would think that as soon as you call the swap() command to swap from back to front buffer, your other "camera" would turn black or whatever your clearcolor is set to.
Not tested but I think you actually need a buffer for every camera "

Why would you think that?? No... you dont need a buffer of any sort.

Same scene....Split screen view ^^^^ (dual camera) of the stock shadow demo in projects. So basically.... AGK2 is capable of using 2 (or more) cameras and rendering them without any render images.

Rendering to an image does allow you to do some cool effects as Mike said above. If you just want a splitscreen view or 4 cameras then no need to render to an image...if you do use render images it will just be slower.

Anyway....this is the Feature request thread.... not the "will this work? thread"
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2018 23:44
Great ! Can you call a SetCameraLookAt on the animated model without any other view modification (no offset, no move) and have the model centered on each split view ? i'm curious to see how you can have the correct camera frustrum rendered on scissored areas
MadBit
VIP Member
Gold Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2018 07:46
janbo wrote: "+1 for SetMeshMemblockAttribute
I think I already asked for this feature somewhere.
I made a library for that in my shader pack I can add what ever attribute I want.
I needed it to add barycentric-coordinates for the wireframe shader and soft normals for the outline shader, maybe you want to take a look at it."

Thanks to you. But I already solved it myself. Just thought it might be a useful addition if you have something special with the meshbuffer in mind.

Quote: "Intellisense for plugin commands in the IDE."

Have you looked at my IDE? Maybe that would be something for you. The next release will also include IntelliSense for plugins without a special plug-in definition file.
Share your knowledge. It\'s a way to achieve immortality. (Tenzin Gyatso)
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2018 15:51
I want/need a Set3DParticlesShader(ParticleID,ShaderID) command
DMJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2018 11:31
Please have the ability to load multi textures like in Darkbasic Pro.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2018 12:05 Edited at: 11th Jan 2018 12:06
AGK does support multitexturing. You need a shader to make use of them though.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2018 12:18
Quote: "Please have the ability to load multi textures like in Darkbasic Pro."

Quote: "AGK does support multitexturing. You need a shader to make use of them though"

Unless DMJ means different textures for different parts of the same object. In which case use SetObjectMeshImage()
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2018 14:36
Quote: "SetObjectMeshImage()"

Yes, there this also.
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2018 00:29 Edited at: 12th Jan 2018 00:32
MikeMax wrote: "! Can you call a SetCameraLookAt on the animated model without any other view modification (no offset, no move) and have the model centered on each split view ? i'm curious to see how you can have the correct camera frustrum rendered on scissored areas
"

Sorry I missed this earlier....

Yes, the existing camera functions work fine (Eg.... SetCameraPosition() and SetCameraLookAt() have values that havent changed from the single screen version )

...but you need to use these functions in between rendering the two cameras

SetCameraOffCenter( 1, 1 ) (this identifies that a custom projection matrix is needed)
SetCameraBounds( cameraID, left, right, top, bottom ) (this makes the "custom" projection matrix with a frustrum centred where you want it)
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2018 10:29
Quote: "SetCameraOffCenter( 1, 1 ) (this identifies that a custom projection matrix is needed)
SetCameraBounds( cameraID, left, right, top, bottom ) (this makes the "custom" projection matrix with a frustrum centred where you want it)
"

Perfect to split screen for local multiplayer games ! Thanks
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2018 15:18 Edited at: 13th Jan 2018 15:20
Request:
Don't insert the agk_DLightDir, agk_DLightColor, agk_LightAmbient uniforms at runtime.
Have them from the beginning so we can access them, they are used in most 3D shaders anyway.
Just like agk_CameraPos.
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. Long time no see everybody.

Is it reasonable to ask for Augmented Reality (AR) functions? The one where the camera detects a card marker we put on a table, and 3d objects conjures around it?

I got an idea for monster battle game. It would be great if those monsters fight each other on our table with AR.

If its not too much, please put this function in. This idea is literally what pulls me away from work and get me into making games again lol.
prashant121
Years of Service
User Offline
I worry that whatever they implement will be terribly slow.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 17:14 Edited at: 19th Jan 2018 18:40
@paul,
please can you make here SetHTTPHost a optional port parameter that we can use port 8080 or any other value instead of 80/443 ?
here the length before string is not good for communicate with web api, the same for reading data
SendSocketString
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 17:14 Edited at: 19th Jan 2018 17:16
del me, got "An unknown error occurred!" at send
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 23:55
I tried to post this in the "forum bugs" thread but i got an unknown error
What happened to the "Mark all threads as read" button?
traumvogel
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like support for encryption of the traffic in the AppGameKit multiuser networking functions.
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 21:29
Im not sure if this gets reviewed- but would love to try to make an app for

PS4 / Xbox

But I think we have to have developer rights (price tag attached) - i think ( its Microsoft and good old Bill seems to be at his good ole tricks again) give me money!!!

Not sure about PS4 (i would imagine so)

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2018 09:20
Quote: "PS4 / Xbox"

Lol, here we go again.
Arbrakan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2018 09:24 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2018 09:25
Some manually LOD commands like this :

SetObjectLod(ObjectID,ObjectID_LOD, Level)
Carharttguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2018 14:37 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2018 14:38
Quote: "Quote: "PS4 / Xbox"

Lol, here we go again."

After Life of the Black Tiger, anything is possible.

Anyway, I would pay top dollar for PS4 or Nintendo Switch.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2018 16:00 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2018 16:30
Easy-To-Understand Performance-Boosters.

-- Grouping (Baking) Objects together before rendering. Combining maybe a lot of (e.g. 100) Objects with only 44 Polygones to one Object. If they are not moving and static, that could be good for lower spec hardware. FireTV Stick, OUYA, etc.

-- Animation support functions for Spine Pro (Brashmonkey), Spriter Pro (Esoteric Software), Creature Pro (kestrelmoon), features like Mesh-Deforming. Skin-Swapping, Attach 2D Sprite to Skeleton, change texture Atlas, Inheritate Skeletons / create Instances with other Frame of animation

-- Auto-Texture Compression in RAM like Crabby (if not supported on every device or to complicated, it would be also great, to have ASTC)

-- Easy Export to Raspberry Pi (Linux-Image), Raspberry Pi Executable from Windows

-- better Raspberry Pi support, totorials, etc.

-- Convert Tier 1 to Tier 2

-- like Carharttguy said ... more export options. Xbox, PS4, Switch ... you don't have to have all, that are supported on Unity, but some more would be very great, or at least, a tutorial, how to archive export with HTML5 --> to UWP, and to other, like you have done with UWP in some way. (Maybe some automatisation there)
Arbrakan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2018 17:56
Quote: "
-- Animation support functions for Spine Pro (Brashmonkey), Spriter Pro (Esoteric Software), Creature Pro (kestrelmoon), features like Mesh-Deforming. Skin-Swapping, Attach 2D Sprite to Skeleton, change texture Atlas, Inheritate Skeletons / create Instances with other Frame of animation"

+1
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 11:19
SetSpriteTransform(sprite, x1,y1,x2,y2)

To transform a sprite (like Shear for exemple), it will be great for shadow2D.

Exemple (sprite transform in photoshop) :

1. just a sprite rotation
2. a sprite rotation + sprite size (height/2)
3. A sprite transformation (shear the sprite)
4. A sprite transformation + image is loadedresized (very small to blur it)

So a sprite transformation could be very great for some fx
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 12:04 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2018 12:11
Surely all that is possible using SetSpriteUV as well as existing SetSpriteAngle +SetSpriteSize etc...
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 12:26 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2018 23:12
I think, UV and Scale does affect the whole sprite and can never make a real shear effect.
But I want to remind you that sprites are also made of vertices, 4 in number.
So you can write a vertex shader to create the shearing effect.
You can then also run the blur effect in the pixel shader for smooth shadows.

I call for a DeleteObjectMesh(ObjectID,MeshID) command, so we can remove the meshes we added with AddObjectMeshFromMemblock()
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 12:39 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2018 21:01
lol...Err yes you can shear with the set sprite UV command It allows you to set uv coords of the 4 corners... so turn wrapping off and it sheers if you want it to.

EDIT: Just to update on this

YES.... you can do sheer on shadows. (No shaders needed!!) It uses the original sprite image and takes 4 lines of code. You can effectively set your shadow direction angle and the alpha (to effect how black it is). Easy enough to wrap into a function I think plus you then have control for when your character jumps in mid air or animates. A smoothed shadow is easily possible by resizing the original sprite to ....say...1/4 of its original size then setting that image to the shadow. This creates a nice blurring effect. I will try that later.
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 23:18
You proved me wrong.
I didn't know there is a function to set the UV coordinates of all 4 vertices independently.
And should be as simple as creating a shader for it
Looks really good and should also be faster than blurring it in the pexel shader.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:44:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:44:52