Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / v2 Feature Requests

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2018 08:40
@Bengismo :

it's great
I will try it to see if I can use it in my RPG Arkeos Chronicle, thanks a lot

Could you post your code, to see how you do that ?
I have strange artefact in the image when I try to use setspriteUV()
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2018 19:37
- After "New Project" ... and entering the name of the project, it would be the best thing for me ... to have the active cursor in the editor field.

e.g.: I copy some source code from the board, new project, ... and than? Can't use "ctrl + v", directly, because the focus is somewhere else, but not in the "main.agc" from this new project.

Or is the answer: -> Preferences > Miscellaneous > Auto-focus widget (focus follows mouse)
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2018 12:16 Edited at: 26th Jan 2018 12:29
I hope AppGameKit for Raspberry Pi in Tier 1 will have more control for the GPiO pin, probably with access to those popular libraries.
For example, I need commands to control servos with PMW.
And methods to read inputs such as l2c pins, so I can read gyroscope inputs. Not sure if we can do this by the ReadByte command though... But someone mentioned that it was not supported. I have to try it myself though
I'm just getting started with Raspberry Pi so I dont know much, but it looks like the absence of abilities to better manipulates GPio pins sort of gimps any projects, other than games ( Tier 1)
Would be great if we can use AppGameKit in Tier 1 to make mechatronics, now that will be the day
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2018 12:00 Edited at: 29th Jan 2018 12:03
@hakimfullmetal
you can connect python tcp socket and agk socket (Caution, agk send a string with length as first integer)
so you have remote control from agk and all coverage from python. python is very special but there exist also much examples.
https://www.python.org/
https://docs.python.org/3/
https://wiki.python.org/moin/TcpCommunication
Sockets
https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Multiplayer.htm
AGK (Steam) V2017.12.12 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (17.12.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS High Sierra (10.13)
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2018 21:48 Edited at: 30th Jan 2018 21:51
I was thinking we could just use pigpiod. Its a library for accessing the GPIO pins and the SPI and the I2C port. It has a socket interface so we would open a socket on localhost port 8888 to pigpio and send it the commands to do what we want.

So in theory, teir 1 full control of PI ports (SPI, I2C, PWM and pin control) is possible without the need to resort to python programing.

Lots of libraries to control 3rd party interface PCB's use python libraries though ,.....so using a custom written python daemon socket program is still probably the best idea as it allows us to use those libraries easily.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2018 19:12
@paul
can you make that play video play frame after frame by command?
i will make imageprocessing. it seems that play video ignore the Update Time.

AGK (Steam) V2017.12.12 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (17.12.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS High Sierra (10.13)
Webber
Years of Service
User Offline
Augmented reality support is a must.

We can already display images from a camera to a background sprite.
And we can get reasonably accurate virtual camera angles using the rawRotationVector2 commands.
But we are missing a few things that add depth, and interact-ability to AR.

3D Motion/Position Tracking - this could be used to accurately position the virtual camera in augmented reality.

Environment mapping - this could be used to clear objects that shouldn't be visible in augmented reality. Such as a wall in the real world that should be blocking it from view.

Image Tracking - getting the position, and angle of a tracked image pattern relative to the camera can be used to interact with AR objects and place them accurately in the environment.
I like games, and stuff.
TomToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Loading JSon into types with reserved keywords.
I have a JSON file that is generated by an external program. The JSON file has a key called "type". I can't load in the data because 'type' is a reserved keyword, so

will not work. In order to get the data to load, I have to load the JSON file into a text editor and search/replace every instance of "type" with something else.

Is there a way that the JSON parser could recognize a certain prefix in the field names to match keys? So maybe using jsontype as String, and it would match the "type" key.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 12th Feb 2018 01:49
Really curious if AppGameKit on pc will ever be able to compile to Apple OS again
I understand there has been problems getting Apples Approval with the store.
but when I purchase AppGameKit it was so I could compile to an Ipad.

Can this feature possible be allowed even if it wont meet Apples strict guidelines for store approval
and allow uses to send the compiled program to there Apple ipads phones etc
fubar
okee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2018 20:31
Types

When creating an array of a type and one of the fields is a sprite
It would make more sense if the remove command "Player.Bullet.remove(b)" deleted the sprite
rather that having to delete it using the DeleteSprite(Player.Bullet[b].Sprite) command

Currently using Player.Bullet.remove(b) on it's own leaves the sprite visible on screen
The same goes for Text
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2018 07:51
I have to disagree with that ^^
.remove is removing an array element only. The fact that your array element happens to hold the ID of a sprite is a choice that you have made and it is therefore up to you to determine what to do with the sprite. A sprite ID is just a number and AppGameKit has no way of knowing that the number in question is referring to a sprite.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2018 09:06
I agree with scraggle. Array have no effect on sprites, neither should the .remove command.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2018 13:15 Edited at: 14th Feb 2018 13:18
Quote: "Types"

removeing something from a list did not mean you will delete the sprite also.
if you have a Function that Add a bullet to a list then you need the Remove Function too.
Pseudocode
Function BulletRemove(List ref as Bullet[],B ref as Bullet)
DeleteSprite(B.spr)
B.spr=0
List.Remove(B)
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2018 13:25
More dialogs please!

The newish Open File Dialog is great but I could really do with some more.
Open Folder
Save File
Color Select

If you only have time for one then the Save File Dialog is a real must have for me right now

Thanks
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
So, is there any compiled list for next update? this thread can go on forever jk!
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 27th Feb 2018 19:50
- Sync Batches for better drawcalls

- Object adds and removals commands to and from a mesh - provide the coordinates that need to be added / removed from a mesh

Would be extremely handy and be so awesome ;
Xaron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2018 09:26
Better HTML5 support. I'd love to have the networking commands there as well! HTML5 is getting more and more important.
Bob Sherman
Years of Service
User Offline
Please have the option to load models like Darkmatterbasic Pro(multitextures like in a .x). Instead of having to apply your textures with code. Please, I would rather build a level in Blender and import it with textures from the file. This is a huge issue. I don't want to do it by code or have to buy a plugin and make my levels in Game Guru.
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 08:47
@ bob sherman : will you export several models from blender (using a python script to save your level for example) or one model (full scene) and load this unique model in agk ?
What format do you use ?
Dae works fine with multi model with multi textures.

But if you use normalmap, lightmap, etc... even if agk load a dae and set texture on the mesh, I think we should set the normalmap, lightmap or shader on this model.
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
JohnStabler
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 12:00
I use sockets a lot for developing server components. I don't see any way to do a DNS lookup so I can connect via a hostname, instead of IP address. Can we get a function that returns the IP address for a given hostname?
blurymind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 12:08 Edited at: 12th Mar 2018 12:10
The ability to set playback speed on videos would be amazing to have

Also Ability to frame by frame a paused video

Also fix the webm files sometimes not working on windows 10
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 12:53
Support for multi-dimensional arrays using a UDT.

Something like:

Instead of currently having to do this:

Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2018 14:07
@paul,
force commands for 3d RigidBodies are missing.
its part of acceleration a = F / m
AGK (Steam) V2017.12.12 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : NVIDIA (390.65) GeForce GTX 1050 Ti : Mac mini OS High Sierra (10.13)
Westa
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking at options for more dynamic loading of scenes - right now when loading large mesh elements the whole engine stops to wait for each object to load.

Has any consideration been given to background loading options ?

Westa
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2018 23:14 Edited at: 21st Mar 2018 23:25
A reverse sort command for arrays, i.e. an easy way to sort descending. I'm using array.sort to sort usernames in a list and it would be good to have the ability to also display the usernames in a descending order.

In the meantime I'm going to have to sort in ascending order and then maybe loop through the array backwards to create a descending list/version of the array.
Resourceful
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2018 00:28
Things Needed for AGK2 Tear 1

More examples of 3d physic's
what is there now is very limited

StabInTheDarkSoftware

has put in the time to make a better physics addition
sadly as things go it was not implemented

StabInTheDarkSoftware has created amazing Examples
just using the limited built in physics

I am poking though StabInTheDarkSoftware code now to come
up more options for people to use based on what is there now

the dll for only windows is not the best thought
for making addition ..

there needs to be a way so that will work on android and the apple stuff and html5
this will let anyone build some thing for ever device type out there not just windows

right now for most of what have in mind for games
DarkBasicPro holds more options for what I want to do
I'm not at the point of ever understand c++ or any thing similar

and there are others who are on facebook who have created code
that dose help agk2 if it's ever released that will further the cause
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2018 00:39 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2018 00:40
Quote: "A reverse sort command for arrays, i.e. an easy way to sort descending. "

Here is a function to do just that. You can call it to sort a string array by ascending or descending order. Uses simple bubble sort algorithm.

And here is a full example using names:

Easily adaptable for integers as well.
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2018 00:48
lol....or just use

Array.sort()
Array.reverse()

to do the same thing...
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice! I completely overlooked that built-in function or forgot about it. I think the documentation is pretty buried about array operations, with this one only referenced on the one old 'guide' to V2). The official page on datatypes does not mention anything about array sorting.
Increase
Years of Service
User Offline
- the integrated possibility to copy/paste/manipulate text from/to textboxes from/to other programs
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2018 19:10 Edited at: 31st Mar 2018 19:33
ASTC:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_Scalable_Texture_Compression
Mobile devs will go nuts on this one, even if most of us don't know about it.

Won't cost to many effort, as it is available in ogl. This is the coming final image format for all devs.

Json to Array verifier.
If something goes wrong, mainly because of format reasons, it should not create an error.

Recieve object metadata
To get a texture layer/ image file information from objects, do at least FBX support, because you already have the nice animation sequence support for FBX.

Recieve filesize in bytes before loading it
Checksums will be possible. Usful for any sort of stuff

Command line input
Recieve command line string in order to enable multiple parameters and behaviours.

Expand advanced maths to vector4 and matrix3/4. Improve Vector2/3 library.
It's already done in Tier2, you have just to add it to the T1 command set

Auto compile custom icon to binary

String Parser for math, for example: Calc("(3+6)*9") returns string$ "81"

Simple machine learning library

I mean, I got most of the stuff done in T2/T1 myself,
but I see a need in the community for common solutions based on this features.

[/url]
XANAX 2B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2018 05:21
-> Extended EditBoxes, with :
1) The possibility to copy/paste/manipulate text from/to textboxes from/to other programs
2) The possibility to change colors/fonts of a portion of text

-> Extended Buttons, with
1) Width and height independantly resizable
2) Push-button option (if set to 1, the button keep if it is pushed or not)
Don't let the world decrease your conatus
max5902
Years of Service
User Offline
Totally agree with XANAX 2B
-> Extended EditBoxes, with :
1) The possibility to copy/paste/manipulate text from/to textboxes from/to other programs
2) The possibility to change colors/fonts of a portion of text

-> Extended Buttons, with
1) Width and height independantly resizable
2) Push-button option (if set to 1, the button keep if it is pushed or not)
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2018 17:26
The ability to map subimages from a string without needing a subimage.txt file.
This would allow us to load both the image and the subimage string from a single resource file and set up the subimages with them. Currently either these files must remain separate files or we have to parse the subimage file and handle the subimage information ourselves.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2018 22:51 Edited at: 7th Apr 2018 22:59
Shader tool importer/Exporter

There is many tutorials out there for teaching shaders and shadertoy is one of the ways of testing them with a vast library of shaders people
have already written available. But trying to convert these to use in AppGameKit or even one you have written yourself is quite tiresome and hard. I think
A import export tool that would do this would be very handy and add value to AppGameKit and be much more competitive against unity. Perhaps it could
be packaged with the already written shaders by TGC

I admit I don't understand Shaders very well and hence the mechanics behind the AppGameKit and perhaps the UNITY shaders but it would be a handy tool
if possible and worth money
fubar
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2018 14:10 Edited at: 16th Apr 2018 14:14
Read and Write Web Storage

Not too sure if it a missing feature or a bug or only me doing something wrong, but would be nice to be able to read and write web storage in HTML5:
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/222057

By reading and writing web storage we could save our game and store information locally on the user computer (in the browser) in HTML5.
Thank you.
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Media Encryption

I know it have been already requested countless times and there are 3rd party solutions to this. The answer to this request always been "it coming in the future" but is there any estimate on when this feature can be expected?

I'm not only worry about that my assets being used outside the game but I also do worry about that the assets being replaced in my game and people share the game with the modified content. I know there are options to address this problem but in my opinion it would be really important to have something offered by AppGameKit out of the box. Even if it would be nothing but bundle all the files in to a password protected ZIP would be something. We could select in the build settings if we want our files being moved in to a zip or not and if we want a random password generated by AppGameKit or a password we set. AppGameKit then would include the password in the bytecode so the launcher could unpack the zip in to a temporary location before launch. I know it is a dump idea, but it would be better than nothing and there are free and open-source archiving tools does this that can be implemented in to AGK. like 7-Zip for example https://www.7-zip.org

Thanks.
Carharttguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2018 14:59
Somewhat more language related:

The ability to have functions inside types would be really cool. Like this:

You could do something like this:

Etc.
Opinions?
gerdich
Years of Service
User Offline
If I look at Cerberos-X I ask myself if a converter to tier2 code could be possible. You enter the basic code. The program outputs tier 2 code. You edit tier 2 code in Visual Studio Code with its diff-utilities. (Perhaps patch with clipboard)
gerdich
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to have a agk2.lib compiled for Delphi , for Windows, iOS, Android and MacOS.
Beo6
Years of Service
User Offline
I am pretty sure it was already suggested, but i would love some included pathfinding. even if it only for 3D
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2018 09:49 Edited at: 1st May 2018 09:51
Id still like to see UART access (serial port) access. Ive seen at least 2/3 others asking for this too. Its certainly possible on windows and linux/rasbpi easily enough in standard c code and in android via the peripheral manager and uart classes. Not really of any use on ios so no need to implement it on that platform.

It could be exposed with the file open to write commands. Yes, teir 2 could be used but that then makes the solution quite platform specific so a teir 1 solution would be great. Either that or plugin support on android so we can can do all this with plugins. Thanks
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2018 19:43 Edited at: 9th May 2018 23:37
SetWavPlaySpeed(SoundID,speed)
This would be great if you could change the speed of the currently playing wav file but even if you had to stop it first that would be fine to.
This would allow such things as like an engine sound changing in revs etc

I have a workaround with memblocks that does similar

The problem i have with the memblock method i found was i had to use very short wavs so as the speed changes worked best
Ideally if you could change the play speed even if the changes didn't take effect until the sound was played again this would be great
because you could check if sound was playing in loop if not play at new speed
fubar
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2018 17:50
Is chromecast support is planned in a future version ? (iOS, Android) More and more games are using the mobile phone as a controller and display game on the TV
gerdich
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to transform the rectangular sprites in a more general way to emulate the impression of space:

I want to define all four corners of the sprite separately. This would allow to emulate a rotation into the space.
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2018 20:42 Edited at: 21st May 2018 20:42
fubarpk wrote: "SetWavPlaySpeed(SoundID,speed)
This would be great if you could change the speed of the currently playing wav file but even if you had to stop it first that would be fine to.
This would allow such things as like an engine sound changing in revs etc

I have a workaround with memblocks that does similar
The problem i have with the memblock method i found was i had to use very short wavs so as the speed changes worked best
Ideally if you could change the play speed even if the changes didn't take effect until the sound was played again this would be great
because you could check if sound was playing in loop if not play at new speed"

We have SetSoundinstanceRate which does exactly what you want.
https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Sound/SetSoundInstanceRate.htm
(no need for memblocks...lol...its always worth check what we already have before asking for something)
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2018 20:51
gerdich wrote: "I would like to transform the rectangular sprites in a more general way to emulate the impression of space:

I want to define all four corners of the sprite separately. This would allow to emulate a rotation into the space."

You can already do this with a quad object in 3d or with memblocks or a shader instead.
gerdich
Years of Service
User Offline
That's true.
But in this case I have to write my program in 3d.
Memblocks will be calculated on CPU, I guess. Little devices don't offer enough performance.
The shader doesn't seem the best place to me. My requested feature is more about the vertices.

Its possible with your 3 solutions. But the best would be a general sprite creator which allows the definition of four separat corners.
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2018 09:07
gerdich wrote: "
Memblocks will be calculated on CPU, I guess. Little devices don't offer enough performance."

You obviously havent tried it....as you can easily get over 60fps on a mobile device even by editing memblocks. It make little difference to speed as a sprite will always be 2 triangles and 4 vertices in either case.

gerdich wrote: "
The shader doesn't seem the best place to me. My requested feature is more about the vertices.
"

?? You can replace the sprite vertex shader. (The one that effects your vertices) The stock one is listed in the documentation so you can change it to make your 4 vertices be ANYWHERE you want.

But...ok....lets see if the generalised sprite creator gets made instead.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2018 09:17
The ability to insert new elements to a type based array so that you don't need to define the array size when it's created I.e.

Otherwise when you use a fixed size array you need another variable keeping count of how many non blank elements are in the array. myArray.length will always return the maximum allowed space, even if you've only added data to 2 slots

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:23:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:23:15