Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Black Ice Mod Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2016 07:35
Wow, now works fine and the lightmapper is awesome!
I created a large level and the game run great!
I only need to create multiple levels to see if they make everything right.
If all get to ride well , you would be interested in helping with project ww2 zombies?
Epidemic Software
themegapolice 96
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2016 07:39 Edited at: 18th May 2016 07:41
i repply this message. my mistake sorry.
Epidemic Software
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2016 20:48
@themegapolice 96 - Great news and glad you got everything working. I love zombie games but any time we get will probably be spent on the mod.
It will be great to see any progress on the game and we just added support for nazi zombies in v9.0

@seppgirty - I've had a look at this now and you can have multiple installs of FPSC but regardless of where you install it must be in a folder called 'FPS Creator'.
I created a folder called 'Black Ice Mod' in C: then installed FPSC, v120BETA17A and Black Ice Mod in a sub folder 'FPS Creator' and everything works just fine.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2016 00:02
That did the trick Nomad. I knew i set up the file structure wrong. Thanks again.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
testing the mod and works great.. now please.. give us the most request feature fpsc missing.... a SIMPLE INVENTORY SYSTEM...
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2016 21:59
Its possible to implement an inventory system with the scripting commands already available.

I found a nice one that works perfectly with black ice mod in the link below. It comes with instructions and you need to build a standalone game as it uses the pause game function.
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/195036
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thanks nomad i'll take a look ..but..

is there a way we can integrate the rpg mod features into blackice mod in some way?
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2016 10:42 Edited at: 21st May 2016 10:44
It would only be possible to integrate RPG mod if they made it open source and it doesn't appear to have been updated since 2012 so I guess they would have done this by now.
Even if this were the case, RPG mod is very specific in terms of the type of games people want to make with it and Black Ice Mod is a more general purpose mod.

I just spoke with Tax 78 who created the backpack inventory system and we use the same license so he said we can include this in black ice which is great news. I'll include this in the next release and the usual demo level.

Also if you combine the backpack system with model pack 54 which is also now free I think you could do a pretty awesome RPG game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RT08b8X6cA
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2016 12:58 Edited at: 23rd May 2016 22:12
**ANNOUNCEMENT**

We had some feedback from a number of users they were unable to use Scroll Lock for activating ReShade on laptops and some keyboards so we've now changed this key to F12.
I've updated the Black Ice Mod Beta v9.0 download on our website and ReShade tool so they now use F12. Please download the latest installer if this is an issue for you.
http://www.blackicemod.org/download.html

We have also just gone live on Mod DB so if you are a member and have a couple of minutes, please rate us and give a review to help us climb the rankings!
http://www.moddb.com/games/black-ice-mod

Thanks to everyone for the continued support and using the mod.

Edit - Apologies for the inconvenience. We have now reverted Black Ice Mod Beta v9.0 to the original release and addressed the key changes in the v9.1 update.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I just spoke with Tax 78 who created the backpack inventory system and we use the same license so he said we can include this in black ice which is great news. I'll include this in the next release and the usual demo level."

great ...cant wait ofr the new release...

can you please find a way so we can tuse and test the backpack even if we not build the game but even in test game mod...do you think this could be possible??

Quote: "Also if you combine the backpack system with model pack 54 which is also now free I think you could do a pretty awesome RPG game."

Yes..i know.. i have the package and this combined with the backpack system would be a great combination
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2016 16:35
@ Nomad Soul
Quote: "please rate us and give a review to help us climb the rankings"

Done! Least I can do for you & S4real, Thanks for everything
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Done! Least I can do for you & S4real, Thanks for everything
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features.."

me too...

thanks for your great works guys..
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "is there a way we can integrate the rpg mod features into blackice mod in some way?"

RPG mod is a very complex mod and at this moment in time we don't have any plans to intergrate RPG mod.(Maybe we will look into this in the future)

Quote: "can you please find a way so we can tuse and test the backpack even if we not build the game but even in test game mod...do you think this could be possible??"

We will look into making some source changes and see if its possible to make this possible in test mode.

To all ,

Thanks for your support in the mod Nomad and myself work hard to make this mod the best it can be and its nice to see people having fun and using the mod.

So once again many thanks Nomad and s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "We will look into making some source changes and see if its possible to make this possible in test mode."

since you will look into some source changes .can you see if is possible to make fpsc x9 support multitexture for static object so we can use them without workarounds and some way to have directional lights ??
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2016 21:55 Edited at: 23rd May 2016 22:17
**QUICK UPDATE**

We have just released a quick update for Black Ice Mod Beta v9.1 which reassigns the screenshot key to F11 as moving ReShade to F12 was conflicting and filling the directory with pictures!
Screenshot and ReShade keys are now also included in the editor help menu and test game controls layout. You can download the v9.1 update from http://www.blackicemod.org/download.html

@JC LEON - Directional lights can be achieved without hard coded directional lights. See here or here
For multi-textured objects I would recommend UV mapping as its better for performance and more compatible with shaders.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2016 21:55 Edited at: 23rd May 2016 22:09
We've also updated Mod DB with the Beta v9.1 update for anyone following there:
http://www.moddb.com/games/black-ice-mod/downloads
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2016 00:30
Quote: "We will look into making some source changes and see if its possible to make this possible in test mode.
"

Do you mean you can change the editor source code? Like in a way that you could add a solid 3rd person camera? Did you get the stuff on git hub to work?
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Tax 78
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2016 14:07
@JC LEON
Quote: "can you please find a way so we can tuse and test the backpack even if we not build the game but even in test game mod...do you think this could be possible??"

I can try to take back the scripts and modify them to use in game testing. So Nomad Soul & s4real do nothing and do not lose precious time. Ok?

Tax
Sorry but I use a translator
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@JC LEON - Directional lights can be achieved without hard coded directional lights. See here or here"

i tried the uzi idiot tecniques but sincerly i didit have good results..btw what is the difference between "best for performace" and "best for quality" into settings? i didint notice any...

Quote: "For multi-textured objects I would recommend UV mapping as its better for performance and more compatible with shaders."

i itried a little bit in the pat but it's too diffivulty and time consuming for an amateur noob like me

a simple way woud be cool..
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2016 22:05
@seppgirty - I tried the Github stuff but its not currently compiling for V118 or above which is required for Black Ice Mod. I could only get the Github FPSC source to compile properly for V115.
If you check the Github repository there are 2 open issues since February which are WASP branch code not compiling and library missing for compiling the editor in VS. Until these are fixed we won't be spending any time on this.
https://github.com/LeeBamberTGC/FPS-Creator-Classic/issues

@Tax 78 - That is very kind of you. I had a quick look at the script and had this partially working in test game. If you have any luck with this please let us know, otherwise s4real may be able to add support for this later on.

@JC LEON - I believe 'best for performance' lighting will ignore transparency so it will only lightmap based on geometry rather than taking texture transparency into account also.
There isn't really an easy way of doing multi textured entities. People used to do weapons like this but in recent packs they use a single diffuse texture for performance and shader compatibility. I would start by learning how to re-texture an existing model and there are lots of tutorials around for that.

S4real and I are very busy at the moment so the next update is going to take a while. We will try to answer questions when possible and have some cool things planned. If anyone does get the Github editor source to compile in VS please let us know and the steps you've taken for this.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2016 07:22
Hello! I really loved BIMod. I made a scene with it (although a long time ago), and it really delivers some nice effects so that with proper care the visuals can at the least come near Dead Space 3 (unless someone makes a decent cubemapping shader for reflections). I uploaded a screenie and although it lacks some minute details and a proper skybox, BIMod has really made it lively!

And creators, have you ever given any thought towards integrating the Community Mod source? Last I saw it, it had some really cool features.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 00:02
Hi Mriganka

Thanks for your feedback and the pic looks awesome, I especially like the texturing and the windows. You have certainly nailed the dead space feel on there.

In regards to Community Mod its something we can look into later on but probably not going to be in scope for the next release or so.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 05:06
Haha! Thanks!

And btw you should modify the mod's name into BIMod as it sounds waaay cooler.
Tax 78
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2016 17:10
@ Nomad Soul & s4real

What is the internal variable for fpsc you need to move the mouse pause game?

Tax
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2016 12:48
Whew, I haven't posted here in a long time. Just a heads-up, according to FPSC's original Google Code repository, the engine is licensed under the GNU Lesser GPL. This means that it's a legal requirement for the source code of any engine mods to be released publicly, or depending on the version of the license, available on request (this encompasses every mod, including Project Blue, Fenix Mod, etc)
It might be worthwhile to clarify with Lee if the license displayed on the Google Code repository is false or not.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2016 15:56 Edited at: 11th Jun 2016 16:00
@Tax 78 - The internal command to enable the mouse pointer is "pausegame". I don't believe this function is properly supported in test game mode though.

There is also a proof of concept mouse pointer script I found from TZK here but s4real might be able to add the "startmenu" command for us later on.
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/203168

@The Zombie Killer - Thanks for the heads up, there is no mention on the current open source repository about GPL so not sure about that.
https://github.com/LeeBamberTGC/FPS-Creator-Classic

Welcome back by the way!
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2016 16:40
There doesn't seem to be any mention of a license in the GitHub repository, which is quite confusing (also dear god why is the source inside a zip file in the repository?)
Tax 78
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2016 09:18
Quote: "There is also a proof of concept mouse pointer script I found from TZK here but s4real might be able to add the "startmenu" command for us later on."

Ok thanks
themegapolice 96
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2016 08:38

Since I use this mod, the enemies are locked on the floor and keep walking but not moving .
It happens in all segments , I use the specified version of the FPSC .
I want to do a big project , but for this reason I can not do a demo.
Epidemic Software
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2016 00:43
themegapolice 96 - We've not had any reports of this nature. In all of the demos we've included the AI are working properly.

Here is a video I made earlier showing the AI moving around on multiple levels:

Please try using the characters which come with the mod and if these are working it should be possible to get any other characters you are using to work.
themegapolice 96
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2016 01:13
Im using viral outbreak and zombie apocalypse. And i get another error.
When put 2 or 3 enemies, one attacks me and the other two are left standing . Once an enemy dies, the one who stood me attacks me.
They are paralyzed .
Epidemic Software
themegapolice 96
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2016 01:15
And i have another error.
When the level 5 is loading, the loading bar stuck and the game crashes.
I try to run this level in 2 computer, but i get the same error.
Epidemic Software
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2016 21:59
Quote: "Im using viral outbreak and zombie apocalypse. And i get another error."

I just did a test with these packs and everything is working fine using a number of enemies. See attached video.

Quote: "When the level 5 is loading, the loading bar stuck and the game crashes."

I've built a game consisting of 7 levels using the same map with a winzone in each and there were no issues building them or playing through them. The only advice I can give is to build level 5 standalone and see if it still fails to load the level.
Unfortunately I can't investigate your exact problem here but I can say there is no issue playing games with more than 5 levels!

Attachments

Shmar
Years of Service
User Offline
I get no graphics in the editor, even when I load an existing demo map. When I try to test one, I get no in game graphics either.

Windows 10 64-bit, Intel i7, nVidia GeForce GT 650M, 8GB Ram
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2016 14:59
@Nomad Soul or S4real
I have a little "glitch" going on for awhile now. It's not a problem with Black Ice, that I know.
S4real did some 3rd person scripts awhile back, I studied his scripts and made my own
using mostly "plrcamoffset" commands. Works really good/great in BlackIce.
The problem arises when ever I turn on "post-process" or "ReShader" effects.
A kind of twitching & shaking screen happens....

Without these turned on there is no twitching on screen, everything is smooth???
Have you or S4real ever come across this? I really wanted to try and use ReShader if possible?
themegapolice 96
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2016 21:45
Here is my problem.
I change all segments.
I change the speed of enemy.
I change the enemy with another zombie.
All zombies in the game stuck on the floor.
Video here:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_moQUakF9c[/video]
Im with this game the last 3 months and i can't delete.
Epidemic Software
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2016 22:08
Hey ncmako, what kind of game do you have going on there? Looks interesting. Also would like to know what you added to the 3rd person script. Tell us what you got cookin' there.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2016 23:52
@themegapolice 96
Quote: "All zombies in the game stuck on the floor"

Try this quick adjustment and see if it helps. Raise the character a little bit off the floor
with the "page-up" key. I've run into similar problems and this has helped keeping
NPC's from getting stuck.

@Seppgirty Working on a "fantasy & quest" type game. I wanted a certain kind of 3rd person view
(not just the plain old right out in front view) and Black Ice has everything that's needed.
The old commands "plrcamoffset" all work perfect for this. I can also jump back and forth
between the 3rd person and player point of view. We have all the commands needed.
It's just a matter of scripts. Also had to redo (some) of the character animations in Fragmo.
But as you know it's just time consuming, not hard. If you want I can send you basic script and character files.

Now if I can only figure out what's causing this screen twitching effect???
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2016 14:59
Quote: "If you want I can send you basic script and character files."

Sure, would love to check it out. you have my e-mail.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2016 20:56
@seppgirty Ok, sent to your gmail account
Brightside_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 17:01 Edited at: 5th Jul 2016 18:20
Hi!Looks like something wrong with lightmapper
When lightmapping starts LightMapper.exe popps out with error (Eeta lightampper ) .
Shadows are baked but they are horrible lower quality.
Ive tried to reinstall FPSCreator but nothing changed.
I also remember that I use Nomad mode some time ago and lightmapping works well.
My PC laptop specs: Win7 64bit cpu i7-4720hq 8gb ram

PS.
Ive turn Lightmapping to "best for perfomance" in preferences and bake shadows without error.
I noticed that "lightmapshadows=" in setup.ini now set to "0"
After that i manually set lightmapquality to 100 and as a result I get good shadows.
So, what is "lightmapshadows=" flag? It was set to zero but shadows were visible.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2016 01:15
@Shmar - Please can you try reinstalling the mod but select the checkbox to install Directx9.0 at the end. Sometimes its necessary to install DX9 on Windows 10.
If you are not seeing graphics when testing the demos, please try laying down a standard floor segment anywhere in the map and rebuild.

@ncmako - So we don't officially support 3rd person just yet but I can't think of a reason why activating post effects or Reshade would cause this shaking.
Your game looks amazing and I can try and take a quick look to see if I can recreate the issue if you can send me your scripts.

@themegapolice 96 - great tip from ncmako on this. Sometimes you need to raise enemies off the floor slightly for their collision to work properly.

@Brightside_ - Black Ice has the most advanced lightmapper of any FPSC mod. We don't overwrite any of the setup.ini settings so you just need to update these manually.
The setup description file indicates that lightmapshadows is a discontinued feature so I would just use lightmapquality to increase quality.
We also use uncompressed lightmap textures which avoids some of the other lightmapping artifacts people have reported on the forum.
Brightside_
Years of Service
User Offline
@Nomad Soul
I get what is "lightmapshadows=" flag is about.It turns on/off transparency shadows.
So I can get working shadows only without transparency
Lightmapping works fast but this issue is confusing. Any ideas how to solve this?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2016 15:38
Thanks Nomad, sent you some test files & map, see if twitching happens with you also
best
Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 9th Jul 2016 12:50
@Nomad Soul
Still a big issue for me is that fog and ambient doesn't work with segments shaders.
For dynamic entitys and characters everything ok. But for segments "AmbiColor" and "FogColor" values in shader
doesn't update from FPSC. This issue exist from the oldest version of FPSC it will be good if you solve this in BlackIce
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2016 21:33 Edited at: 9th Jul 2016 21:36
@Brightside_ - Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you here. In my setup.ini file I have lightmapshadows=1 and in preferences I have lighting shadows at 'best for quality' which is required for transparency.
I get no errors or issues when building lightmaps even when increasing the lightmapquality setting to 100.

@ncmako - Thanks for sending across the files and your project is very cool. The good news is your test game worked fine for me and there we no weird camera issues with post processing or Reshade.
The bad news is I can't recreate the issue so this doesn't help too much right now. Be interesting to see if seppgirty has the issue and I can send you my built game for testing if that helps.
I've uploaded a video to show one of my tests walking around the test level with post processing on and activating Reshade.

@Kuper - The black ice mod segment shaders are based on the ones Bond1 originally released and for some reason FPSC ambient color / fog are not working.
I will take a look at this if I have time but there is a fog demo in the postprocess map folder and you can get some fog effects out of Reshade if you play around with it.

Black Ice Mod Fog Demo

For ambient lighting, you can still increase the strength but for color, I would recommend Bond1's cinematic shader and control this with post effects

Bond1's Cinematic Filmgrain Shader
http://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/apollo/download/2053073

Alternatively, you can also try activating COLORMOD in Reshade to get some nice ambient lighting effects.

Attachments

Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 10th Jul 2016 11:27
@Nomad Soul
Thanks man.
Of course it is possible to change range /color of fog and ambient directly in the shader but this
means that you need to create a bunch of effect files for each level, if you want to have different ambient
or fog settings.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2016 13:42
Nomad Soul
Thank you very much for the video. Yes, I can clearly see it's running smooth.
As I suspected, it is a problem on MY end Now I just have to figure it out.
Thanks again, best
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2016 14:23
Quote: " Be interesting to see if seppgirty has the issue "

Sorry it took so long ncmako. Have to say that it works fine for me. I tried with all the 3rd person scripts also and couldn't get the glitch. Did you try building a stand alone exe? (of course you did ) Sorry i couldn't help.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2016 01:28 Edited at: 14th Jul 2016 18:03
seppgirty
Quote: "also and couldn't get the glitch"

Thank you sepp. As I thought, this is a problem with my setup.
Took your suggestion , just tried a build and yes, screen still
"twitches" ???
Will try a different approach. Thanks again.
best

Edit: after carefully back tracking, I've found my screen twitching
problem begins with V8.0 & V8.1(patch). Looking at possible
remedies.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 22:31:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 22:31:40