Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Just an idea.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2017 13:51
@ncmako Could you upload the #D turrent that you made a while back. I would like to put it in my level and see how it does.
arrojar entidad y que explote
Years of Service
User Offline
People!!! I uploaded to the folder level hotel, a rar file with the progress of the level. Thanks for including me in the project, anyway I follow the post in case they need any input. Greetings.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2017 23:15 Edited at: 31st May 2017 23:16
Hi guys

The huds do scale automatically in Black Ice v10.5 but as ncmacko said you need to use hudglobalx and hudglobaly in the setuplevel.fpi file.

Huds will scale correctly after installing the mod but I noticed recently if you make changes to the global scripts via the build game menu it overwrites this file (including the new commands) which means they don't scale to your desktop resolution. I will patch this in the future so the file doesn't get corrupted.

Here is what the hud statements should look like in the setuplevel.fpi:

:state=0:hudreset,hudx=50,hudy=50,hudglobalx,hudglobaly,hudimage=gamecore\huds\fader.tga,hudhide=1,hudtype=3,hudmake=internal
:state=0:hudreset,hudx=50,hudy=50,hudred=128,hudgreen=0,hudblue=0,hudglobalx,hudglobaly,hudimage=gamecore\huds\eyehud.tga,hudhide=1,hudtype=2,hudmake=internal
:state=0:hudreset,hudx=50,hudy=50,hudred=128,hudgreen=128,hudblue=128,hudglobalx,hudglobaly,hudimage=gamecore\huds\zoom.tga,hudhide=1,hudtype=4,hudmake=internal
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2017 23:53
@ Nomad Soul Great !
@ Mriganka The turret hud? Here's a link to that page...https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/218375
Download is about halfway down. Is there something missing from it? Or did you what me to upload it to Google drive?
If you do use it, remember to use Nomad Soul's script fix.

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2017 00:09
Quote: "People!!! I uploaded to the folder level hotel, a rar file with the progress of the level. Thanks for including me in the project, anyway I follow the post in case they need any input. Greetings.
"

Thanks for posting arrojar
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2017 05:47 Edited at: 1st Jun 2017 06:18
@ncmako Yes, but not the HUD version, rather the dynamic entity version. Could you upload it?

Btw does anyone have a police station sign? Since I am not that good in modelling, so can anyone help me out on this one?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 1st Jun 2017 07:45
Looks cool Mriganka! It looks a bit like a Half Life 1 mod... Also nice Illumination.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2017 13:48 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2017 01:45
@ Mriganka The only one that I ever got to work correctly was the "HUD" version type. The weapon entity had too many bugs?
Quote: "anyone have a police station sign"

Letters that spell out "Police Station" or a placard type?

Edit: I just made this quickly in Fragmotion. Will this work for you?
If you have Fragmotion you can easily separate the letters from the placard if needed
and keep one or the other? Scale down as needed.

Attachments

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 04:57
That is perfect ncmako. Thank you!
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2017 12:00
@ Seppgirty
Was thinking, would S4Reals "Multi-Chapter Launcher" work for this project?
Have been playing with it and may be of use.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2017 23:35
Quote: "Was thinking, would S4Reals "Multi-Chapter Launcher" work for this project?
Have been playing with it and may be of use."

I was thinking the same thing. but haven't had a chance to play with it. Would be great if it works for us.

Tell me what you think Mr FPSC MASTER. MR. Most valuable member!!! It's about freaking time you got those badges! I thought the MODS forgot about us. CONGRATS.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2017 02:10
@ seppgirty Holy cow ! Where did those come from, that's awesome
Thank you sepp. I did a double take when I read your post ( what the heck is he talking about )
then it hit me..."smack" wow ! I've never had badges before...
Yeah I've been playing with it and it works great. S4real killed the download here on the old forum,
but it's still up over at the GG forums.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2017 05:00
Congrats @ncmako!
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2017 11:27
Thank you very much Mriganka
I posted a test run of Eddie's death scene in WIP, just an idea I have.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 00:28
Total brain freeze. What pack has the Vent ducts that you crawl through? I swear to God i'm losing my mind.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
arrojar entidad y que explote
Years of Service
User Offline
@seppgirty
Scifi in segmentbank
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 13:48 Edited at: 10th Jun 2017 13:57
Thank you arrojar.

@ mriganka
i uploaded the DMcopcar model to your prison level folder. Use this instead of the 1920's cop car.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2017 15:01
@ncmako.
Look at comments from sepp in your level folder. I gave your level a try last night.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2017 16:36
@ seppgirty, thanks. I had a feeling the rain effect would not trigger?
I updated the script & load to google drive. Just replace old with new script
and do a quick test and see if you can now see the rain ? I'm hoping you can.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2017 18:15
I replaced the rain script in the post process folder and no rain. I checked the set up ini and post process is set to 1. Is there something else i should try?
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2017 00:17 Edited at: 12th Jun 2017 00:23
@ seppgirty Ok, this is really weird, I downloaded the files also, and test ran. Works perfect for me???

I know you got a new graphics card, could it be that? Try doing your own test. Place a trigger with the "rain"
script from your post-process folder and do a test run?

If we have to I'll use Rolfy's weather rain, but it's very heavy on hud images. (about 30 images to cycle through)
The post-process effect does seem like an easy load on performance.

Edit: one last thought, check these "effects" settings also in your setup.ini just above the "postprocess" setting....
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2017 01:06
@ncmako

So, here's a weird one for you. I did a test map with the PP rain and it worked. closed fpsc and opened your level and now it works.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 19:11 Edited at: 17th Jun 2017 05:05
@ncmako

Great level design and scripting man! I have a few suggestions -

1. At some plane areas a few more props can be used (ex tires and barricades and covers)
2. At some plane terrain/floor segments (a bit bumpier) can be used
3. I find that the main lights should be pointing the path but the secret areas have more lights to them making me visit them first before going the main path
4. Some environment puzzles can be put to access places with extra ammo
5. A modified skybox or some LOD building models would do great as background props

Some complaints -

1. The usual one, the level seems too short

Well only one.

Congrats on making a great level!
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2017 22:32
How do you get rid of entity sounds like door squeeks and the steem decal sounds? Do i have to make a silent sound file to replace those?
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2017 01:10
@ Mriganka Thank you for the compliment. Much appreciated
Going to try and implement your suggestions, but on #2
Quote: "At some plane terrain/floor segments (a bit bumpier) can be used"

I tried using a more "bumpy" terrain, but is causing problems with character AI for some reason ??? ( mainly moving over the bumps )
The lights, puzzle and xtra ammo ideas I'm going to put all in.
Quote: "A modified skybox"

Yeah, i know the skybox I used isn't that great, do you have/know of a good "rainy cloudy night" skybox ?

@ seppgirty For the decal sounds, is the Start/Appear AI ( not the Main AI ) set to "repeatsound.fpi" ??? If it is, just replace with the "appear1.fpi" script?
As for the " door squeeks" not sure what you mean. A dynamic "segment" door sounds are set at the bottom of the "property settings"
in sound slots $0 & $1 ( is that what you mean ? )

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 09:45 Edited at: 20th Jun 2017 09:47
Update -

The city level is almost complete. I have to just place a few buildings towards the end of the level and all is set.

@ncmako Could you help me with a bit of scripting? I have a few friendly characters which will act as props. So I need a script (that works in a trigger-zone) such that if the player is in the zone the character appears, if not then then the characters disappears. I don't want to use the alpha fade commands as the characters would still be there active in the world space. If you can make the script a bit early I will be able to upload a demo within this week. And for the skybox, it is great but the world doesn't feel big because of lack of any buildings in the surrounding areas.

@seppgirty
I tried the cop car model that you uploaded, but the model and texturing is not compatible with the look of the game. Like, some parts of the meshes are missing. Do you have any other models? I found a few but they are too highpoly for the level (the level already sits at 150k polycount with those cars). Also, can we please use the Glock17 from The Scary Thinker pack? I find the model to be better and more fitting to the game.

@everyone Will we make our own AI or use the stock ones? We could try to make a decent AI with some basic stealth and reaction features. And what about the music? I found a lot of free ones at this link. Another point, what about the UI?

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 11:39
@ Mriganka
Quote: "a few friendly characters which will act as props"

Of course I'll help. I think I understand what you need, while the player moves to different areas these characters appear, but only while the player is in that zone.
But can re-appear if player returns to that zone, correct ??? If so, are these props basically civilians walking around or just standing still?
If they are walking, do they use way-points?

As for the AI, most of what I have been using is custom, but since it's a run & gun I wasn't worried about stealth? Did you want to slow down the pace in your level ???

Thank you for the music link. I have a few I use, the more the better Keep track of music used and if any license file for game credits is needed?

Quote: "what about the UI?"

Do you mean for the game menu, or something else?
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 12:16
Most npcs stay in the same place. Some may shoot. Some may talk to the player. I can do the basic stuff, but I am not 100% familiar how to handle the AI of the game. And I don't plan to use waypoints as I want the characters to randomly move about. I plan on taking a bit tactical approach to the game (slower paced) as the areas are pretty large (image attached). And yes, by the UI I mean for the game menu and the various HUDs.

Attachments

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 21:43
I like Your way to make levels Mriganka, it really make Me think about the good old days with Half Life...

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2017 00:25
@mrignaka

Quote: "@seppgirty I tried the cop car model that you uploaded, but the model and texturing is not compatible with the look of the game. Like, some parts of the meshes are missing. Do you have any other models? I found a few but they are too highpoly for the level (the level already sits at 150k polycount with those cars). Also, can we please use the Glock17 from The Scary Thinker pack? I find the model to be better and more fitting to the game."

The police car fits perfectly with the look of the game. The 1920's looking car from the night city pack didn't fit the modern day look.

Sure, use the glock.

Did you make a city level or the prison level? I thought you made the prison level. THE FIRST LEVEL OF THE GAME.

Also, have you tried your level with the sincity shader?
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2017 05:09 Edited at: 21st Jun 2017 05:12
@Mr Love Thank you for the compliment!

@seppgirty
I am making the prison level. Both are integrated (one after another). The city level ends with the Hotel level by arrojar.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2017 00:07
Quote: " I am making the prison level. Both are integrated (one after another). The city level ends with the Hotel level by arrojar."

Very cool. Level is looking good. I'm doing the hotel level now since arrojar dropped out. It's just you, me, and ncmako now.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2017 01:11
@ Mriganka Yes, looks very good. I like games with a more tight/narrow feel like your level shows. The illumination from the widows is a perfect fit for the level.
Looks awesome
As for your request to trigger "re-spawn" a character after being destroyed appears to not be doable ( after looking deep into this matter )
The problem is an entity that is "triggered active" appears, then when destroyed/disappeared it is removed from the game (memory) there's no
way to bring it back except another entity that wasn't triggered before. Delaying its "re-spawn" is the only option (yes, then it's still basically active), so is your idea of an "alphafade"
the entity is still there waiting. But, Once you disappear/destroy it's gone
Your only options are to fade it out, or setup multiple characters to spawn. I know...each uses excess resources you want to save.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2017 05:14 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2017 05:15
@seppgirty That's a lot of work Btw could you integrate a strip-club like place for that level (open and all)?

@ncmako Is it possible to set destroy.fpi as the destroy script and put in 999 or something spawns and as the player enters or exits the triggerzone, the characters spawn or despawn.

I think I will be uploading a static build with items, a few misc interactions with npcs (wip) but with enemies only as place holders (the plow of the level will be made later on).
Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2017 05:22
Hello everyone!
I have been busy taking exams for my MCSA Server2016, O365 and W10. Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. It looks like everyone is making really good progress.

I noticed in one video that ncmako posted of Level 5 that the sounds of the fire can be heard across the map. (this always drove me nuts) if you need help setting up sounds for environments that is one thing I am pretty good at doing and I might have some time to go through all of the maps and change.

PAIN!

Me = noob
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2017 21:53
@ mrignaka
No strip bar, but there are prostitutes.

@ pain
Thanks for the offer. Let you know if we need help.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2017 21:58
@seppgirty We are talking like a bunch of ganstas lol
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2017 13:02
@ Pain Yes, I see what you mean. That's the "repeatsound" scripts I'll have to take care of that. Thanks.

@ Mriganka Sadly, it doesn't matter how many "respawns" there are in a script, once you destroy or disappear that entity
with a trigger the script is also killed
But as for your "menu" ideas & suggestions, I was thinking, if this is a "comic" style game....would something with a comicbook
style backdrop video work with the menus ? Something like this, I'm still working on the buttons.

What do you think, yes/no?

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2017 20:47
@ncmako That is so cool! Btw where did you find the music?

Update -

I have uploaded Alpha01 build of the game. The version will be followed by a beta a full release and an experimental full shader release. Please tell me the bugs you found or crashes and answer the following questions.

I have not included the main enemies but have layered the foundation of a side quest.

1. Have you encountered any physics bugs (like floor slip or stuck to static geometry)?
2. Have you experienced any weird textures or missing meshes?
3. Are the spawns working properly?
4. Are there any unnecessary places/entities/segments?
5. How well are the scripts working?
6. Where would you recommend placing enemies?
7. Have you encountered and performance problems or crashes?
8. Recommendation

Please try to provide screenshots if possible for errors and such.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2017 23:00
@ mriganka

Will give your level a try as soon as i can.

@ ncmako
That menu screen is freaking awesome. I love it. Need the words "DARK CITY" and maybe "GRIP OF THE OCTOPUS" The game name will have something to do with octopus. Scroll through. Great job.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2017 05:50
The dark city logo will look really nice if there is water, a black city, cloudy skies and spotlights with red beams at a distance.

Btw There was once this discussion of using cel-shading in the game and the ReShade setting wasn;t being used as it processed the whole output. So, instead of that in the setuplevel.fpi the command postprocess=nomadmod can be converted to postprocess=cellshading. Maybe that was why people were finding it difficult to use other postshaders in the game.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2017 00:12
@ mriganka

When i the level almost loads it just crashes. Anyone else have this problem?
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2017 05:44 Edited at: 27th Jun 2017 05:44
What are your computer specifications?

If it crashes try putting dividetexturesize in th setup.ini to 2 or 4.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2017 11:14
@ Mriganka I search for "free background" music. I use "The Purple Planet" and a few others. Seppgirty has one he uses also.
@seppgirty
Quote: ""DARK CITY" and maybe "GRIP OF THE OCTOPUS""

Love the names, will add it
Quote: " Anyone else have this problem?"

Been busy with this, will download now and test....
Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2017 22:40
are you running a built game or testing form FPSC?

PAIN!
Me = noob
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 00:01
Awesome backdrop You made there ncmako! I wourld say that this is AAA quality by far.. I wourld easy give it 9 of 10. 10 out of 10 if You change that shot sound, that doesnt keep up to Your fantastic piece of work...
Is it just an avi file You play in the background? And what program did You use to create this awesome intro???
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 00:15
I'm trying the exe file he uploaded.

My specks are win 7 x64
16 gb ram
redeon rx 460 4gb ddr5

ncmako's runs fine for me. Did you try it pain?
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 11:21
Mr Love
Quote: "Is it just an avi file "

Yep, just an avi, I use mostly Pinnacle Studio & After Effect.

@ Mriganka Tested several times. No problems loading up. Runs great at about 35fps to 40fps
using my Amd-quad @3.0ghz 4gigs ram, and a Gtx260. Found one problem in the map, picture attached.
Floating box & something blocking me in a shadowy area that seems invisible?

Attachments

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 15:20 Edited at: 28th Jun 2017 15:35
Update -

Alpla02 -

Alpha01 - Download Here!
Alpha02 - Download Here!

For some reason I am able to run the previous Alpha01 without much problems but Alpha02 keeps crashing on me. But I can run it fine with the texture sizes reduced. Please download it from Google Drive.

Features -

1. Some places of the levels have been reworked for better optimization.
2. Enemies have been added (both thugs and snipers).
3. Lighting has been revamped. The level looks way better and atmospheric!
4. Custom health system.
5. A lot of bugs/glitches have been eliminated.
6. Boss battle has been added.

PS - Most places that you think will be visit are visit-able and are interconnected to various parts of the level.

Like if you jump out the window where you get the sniper rifle and follow the air-ducts to the left, you will be in an area with bonus ammo. Or you could go up the second road block with the crashed van and again follow the air ducts to get to some apartments. You could fall jump down the lift to obtain additional ammo. Or jump up the truck at the second roadblock for additional ammo.. Secret items locations will not be told.

To add list -

1. Custom AI
2. There are 5 items in the level, if all of them are collected then player will get a bonus weapon/armour out of three options at random.
3. NPCs are yet to be voiced.
4. Some more balancing to be done.
5. More optimizations so that level runs without crashing at full texture size.
6. Better sounds (for everything).
7. Head bobbing.
8. Custom UI.

Please tell me if the game runs at full texture size.

@ncmako Thanks for pointing that out. Btw do you know how I can destroy some characters after entering a triggerzone? I want to destroy the characters in the start of the level as the path to that area will be blocked. I have made the doors.

@seppgirty Hope this version runs well for you.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 00:41
Alpha 2 works for me. there are some pill bottles i can't pick up. I can't trigger the elevator. You need to put in some save points. Level is looking really good. keep it up.
gamer, lover, filmmaker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:36:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:36:32