Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Terrain Pack Download

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 21:39
Hmh@#%& Could someone tell me HOW to run the Terrain extension pack on a PC that hasn't an Internet connection????
It's almost one month I wrote to the support, get an answer telling that the terrain pack developer will answer... but still waiting. So, I cannot continue on my work because I won't build a level with all details & create it again with terrain editor...
I already tried to copi the "compiler" folder & the "editor" folder on the machine that hasn't the internet connection, but it doesn't work... I get the same serial on the machine & it won't work because it checks on the web!! Really crappy this mandatory connection on the web... Even if is a good idea, they also should think about people that doesn't have a connection...

Guido
http://www.vues3d.com
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2004 06:22
Yipes... I've just dl'd and installed the 'terrain' thingy, and the activation for EZrotate popped up!
I have bought and activated ezrotate and other enhancements. Terrain example does not run - unknown commands etc.

Conrad Brown
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2004 07:21
Yay! I've sorted it. There was an INI file full of EZROTATE stuff - deleted it, removed terrain thingy, re-installed terrain thingy - all now working fine. Those terrains are NICE!

Conrad Brown
Mystyk
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a Terrain Pack Plus version available yet? If so, where can I find it??
CPU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2004 03:31
@ Lost In Thought - Not exactly the problem i was pointing out, try:

Sparring - Loved by many, Pefected by few.

"I'm going to live forever, or DIE IN THE ATTEMPT!!!"
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2004 15:21 Edited at: 19th Sep 2004 15:41
That works too.

[edit] I have DBP 5.6 Beta 2 what version are you using?

Hamish
Years of Service
User Offline
it won't work and i can't activate it - it thinks it isn't installed?
Bartman
Years of Service
User Offline
I just need to clarify something; does this enhancement treat a terrain matrix as if it were an object? It looks like it does from what I have read, which makes me wonder if it is an object compatible with the NGC plugin. I hope so, because this would be a lot faster than loading the terrain from a .x file.

Thanks

Mike Bartman
http://www.darkomenstudios.com
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2004 20:16
My PC also doesn't have internet and I want the free version.

Realms Of Tutopia: Rise Of Evil v0.2
www.freewebs.com/elbsoftware/index.htm
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2004 21:16 Edited at: 20th Sep 2004 21:16
Quote: "which makes me wonder if it is an object compatible with the NGC plugin"
low poly terrains work great with NGC. Hi poly terrains do not work because of a bug in DBP with the object to mesh commands putting trash in the data if the objects polys are too high. They are trying to fix it supposedly in the next terrain update.

Redmotion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2004 09:30
Anyone know how to delete a terrain after you've made it so you can create another? For example: you play the game, complete the first level and need to create a new terrain for level2 and delete the old one in the process.

PROJECTS:
Scorched Real Estate - beta release scheduled for october
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2004 11:10
delete object works on it like any other object.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2004 11:56
The newest terrain dll isnt out yet, trust me, youll hear about it when it is

Check out our Team Request in the Team Request section if you want to help!
Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2004 21:03
My Terrain Pack is expired... how can I get it back?

--
Niels Henriksen
Clueless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2004 13:25
I'm having similar problems, and more:
Quote: "My Terrain Pack is expired... how can I get it back?
--
Niels Henriksen
"

Every 7 days (or so) my previously-debugged program with the Terrain Plugin suddenly reports compiler errors when the Terrain commands are parsed.

To get it back, I have to uninstall and reinstall the
Terrain Plugin and register it (again) over the 'net.

On the other hand, during the 7 days that the plugin is working, all the other documented terrain commands no longer work.

For example, after loading terrain #1, the following always returns 0 for terrain exist(1). Worse, if I comment-out the exist() call, all of the terrain position x(1) [or y(1), or z(1)] returns a compile-time error: "object does not exist at line [yada yada]"

The same with any commands to move the terrain (that is, change the x, y, and z positions).

Ideas, anyone?
---------- snip ------------
print " exist: ";terrain exist(1)
if terrain exist(1)=1
print " x:";terrain position x(1);
print " y:";terrain position y(1);
print " z:";terrain position z(1)
endif
---------- snip ------------
Lucka
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello people, I have a question for you.. Can I put a "detail map" over a normal "matrix" based world? Or just a texture for every square? I'd like to do something like the terrain of the new expansion but without loosing all the code I wrote..
Lucka
Years of Service
User Offline
Is possible to add a detail map over a standard matrix? please help me!!
AtomR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2004 21:27
When is plus being realeased and how much will it cost?

And where can I get DBPro U5.6 Beta 2? I've heard that sorts out the problem with the debuger.

Take care
AtomR
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 09:11
yeah im going to try it downloading now

crzy programer
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 13:52
Quote: "And where can I get DBPro U5.6 Beta 2? I've heard that sorts out the problem with the debuger."
I have no idea where you can download it as it is no longer in the beta downloads. You have to revert back to 5.5 then install 5.6 beta 2 for it to fix the debugger and step through modes. None of the expansion packs work with 5.6 beat 2. If TGC don't post a link I can put it up for download if they don't mind. Also 5.7 is due out this week though I do not know if it fixes the debugger or not.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2004 17:48
Lucka,
You can have a nice big texture on a smaller matrix, like maybe 5x5 tiles - then you ghost it and shift it under the camera to give a high res detail map. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing, there is no way to do very much with a matrix - perhaps you should look into a memblock conversion - you could actually use your matrix data to create a memblock mesh that would be faster than a matrix, allow any object effect (because it would be an object(s)) - and also will allow vertice colouring, so you could use an overlay image to shade it and colour it too.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2004 23:33 Edited at: 13th Oct 2004 23:34
I've installed and activated but the demo wont run for me, and when I use MAKE OBJECT TERRAIN I get an error message saying invalid function pointer. I'm using BlueIDE so would that affect anything?

Peace sells
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 00:49
What DBPro patch are you using?

I had to go back to patch 5.5 to use terrains.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 01:53

Peace sells
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 02:24
read the dev diaries - a new version of the terrain pack is going to be released soon

Used to Phoenix_insane
PC - amd athlon 2ghz, 512mb, geforce fx5200 128mb, 200gb, xp pro sp2
Clueless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 08:59
Quote: "I've installed and activated but the demo wont run for me, and when I use MAKE OBJECT TERRAIN I get an error message saying invalid function pointer. I'm using BlueIDE so would that affect anything?"

I had the same error initially (and I also use BlueIDE). It had nothing to do with Blue, however, as the error also occured with the default IDE. The problem seemed to have everything to do with product registration, both DBPro *and* the Terrain pack, and a very particular order in which they were done:

I suggest backing up all your source, then uninstalling and reinstalling dbpro. Then do the 5.6 (or better) upgrade and do the internet registration for the product. Then (and only then) do the installation and registration of the terrain pack itself. Beware: there are two (!) terrain pack registrations. The first one activates the trial version and works for seven days, after which you'll start seeing the newer terrain commands suddenly returning strange errors. The second activiation, the one that makes the free version of the pack a registered, functional product beyond 7 days, YOU WON'T SEE USING BLUEIDE. You will get a prompt if you use the terrain pack and compile with the default dbPro IDE and I also believe there's an exe somewhere in the terrain folder/program group after you install it.

A few things that failed for me, in a manner such as you're seeing:
-- installing dbpro, the latest patch, and then the terrain pack, and then doing the registration of the product and the terrain pack (hint: install and register dbpro before ever installing the terrain pack)

-- installing dbpro, the latest patch, registering, then installing the terrain pack and only doing the 7 day activation (after 7 days the newer terrain commands start returning errors without any clue as to why). Do the second terrain pack activation as mentioned earlier.

Also, beware, some of the "legacy" terrain commands and functions that worked before the terrain pack was release WILL STOP WORKING after you activate the new terrain pack. At least they did for me. I can create great terrains with this awesome tool, but I can no longer position them, for example. The compiler's parser no longer seems to understand a subset of the pre-existing terrain commands.
DcZee
Years of Service
User Offline
IanG: how do i get to the dev diaries,...i seem to not have that link anymore.
Rpg Cyco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 21:29
http://developer.thegamecreators.com/

They're on the right hand column.

- Rpg Cyco

maxd
Years of Service
User Offline
hi..

im having problems running the terrain pack, its installed, registered, but when i run the example proggy, it opens the proggy exe window then closes it with nothing to show...

any ideas..

I have ezrotate and enhancements pack loaded also, with v5.7 of dbpro installed
Rpg Cyco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 22:02 Edited at: 14th Oct 2004 22:02
The DLL protection system was changed in Upgrade 5.7, therefore the Advanced Terrain plugin no longer functions properly. Apparently, they will re-release it soon.

- Rpg Cyco

Ianhfar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 22:03
maxd,

Check the posts!!!!!!!!!!, Terrain Pack does not currently work with v5.7.

"read the dev diaries - a new version of the terrain pack is going to be released soon"
maxd
Years of Service
User Offline
cheers Rpg Cyco and Ianhfar, I ve not seen that bit of info here...

will wait for the update then...

thanks again

maxd
DcZee
Years of Service
User Offline
Any chance of getting that recompile for advanced terrain done this week? I dont really want to go back to 5.6 and lose the goodness of the new particle effects enhancement,nor frig around with ezrotate to get it to work for 5.6 in the meantime,...but we are kind of stuck, having written our program to use advanced terrain.
Ive spent some of the time playing around with other terrain possibilities but none match the ease of use and graphic beauty of advanced terrain.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2004 04:02
I'm wondering something about these terrains. Is there an equivalent of get ground height() with them?

AKA teh great Pet Rat.
Peace sells...but who's buying??
AtomR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2004 04:44
get terrain ground height(terrain,x#,z#)

Take care
AtomR
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2004 04:55
ah cool..

AKA teh great Pet Rat.
Peace sells...but who's buying??
Tapewormz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2004 13:28 Edited at: 26th Oct 2004 13:51
Urm...Rich, someone... Can you guys put a link to this pack somewhere on the site other than in the forums? Maybe an EPack link or something in the menu?

I just formatted, and I had to search the forums for this thread.

[EDIT]
Urm...Yeah, it doesn't appear that Advanced Terrain works under patch 5.7. I'm sure you guys are aware and working on it...I hope...

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2004 13:58
Yes strange isn't it. With most software its like. "Get the latest patch to see if the bug is fixed." With DBP it's like "Go back a few patches, the bug may have been introduced in the latest patch." 5.6 Beta 2 seems to be the all around best for me ATM. And its no longer on their site (go figure). Step through and debug modes are also broken in 5.6 final and 5.7.

walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2004 20:32
step through and debug mode have pretty much been broken all along

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2004 00:59
Lost In Thought:

Does both EZRotate v2 AND the Advance Terrain pack work with 5.6 Beta 2?

-This...is my boomstick!
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2004 05:27 Edited at: 27th Oct 2004 05:36
No. Unfortunately you have to have 5.7 for the new ezrotate and particle expansion packs

[edit] At the moment you have to choose between terrain and the new packs. You can't have all. Mike is having some computer problems I am told. This is why the terrain being fixed is delayed. This doesn't seem right to me. TGC should not wait for one person to do something like this. What if something happened to Mike? Would TGC never release anything else other than compiler updates? They have already stated that all it needs is to be recompiled with the new format (because Lee changed it and threw some data off 4 bytes I think they said0). If it wasn't compo time it wouldn't be such a badly needed fix. The only thing I can think of is they may be wanting to wait and post the fix along with the new update for terrain coming "soon". Not trying to offend anyone I just don't understand. There hasn't been any diary updates in a while so we can't get any info from there.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2004 19:32
Why do I get A "Could not determime parameter type of 'terrain 1' at line 24" of the example file?

I'm running patch 5.7, I got the 5.7 upgrade, registered Pro online, and did that
Quote: "'You have to activate the plugin, go into the DBPro Compiler folder, and run TGCOnlineTrial.exe.'"

No Dll's work for me! HELP!

1800+ XP - GeforceFX 5600 - 256MbDDR - 60Gb Hdd - XP Pro
Erick G
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2004 05:40
hi all

When I try and run the demo, it loads the screen, then exits immediately, has anyone else encountered this ?

Do I have to revert back to a previous upgrade for db pro ?
Erick G
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2004 06:05
my bad, sorry guys, I got the 5.7 upgrade DLL it works

and oh my, it is beutiful

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-16 09:55:12
Your offset time is: 2024-06-16 09:55:12