Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / We're collecting your bugs!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 07:25 Edited at: 25th Mar 2005 07:27
If a user written function refers to a global array which does not exist, the compiler throws out the usual "array does not exist" error but the compiler continues and runs the program dispite the fact a syntax error has been found in the code.

"sound playing()" returns a 1 after a sound has finished playing, this only seems to happen when multiples of the same sound exist, such as when "clone sound" is used or the same sound file has been loaded multiple times.

Weird bug: When using a for to next loop I've discovered that it doesn't seem to matter what variable you put on the 'next' command, it still works fine.

[edit] Double integers don't work correctly when used in an array.

I don't suffer from insanity:

I enjoy every minute of it!
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 09:26
Quote: "Double integers don't work correctly when used in an array"

Nor does any other doudle length data type. I posted a bug report about that but the help files don't actually say you can use double length data types in arrays. It says string, integer, and float.

Beavis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 15:40
Multitexturing is big problem. Make clones of object is bad idea to solve it. DBO works fine with multitexturing but there is no any tool for convert x to dbo with multitexturing.

--------
Beavis
http://www.progress-studio.com
jrowe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 22:24
Yes, it's very annoying that the .x loader doesn't load with multitexturing. We have the blend modes, but no commands to change the texture stage, when DX supports and DB renders 8 different texture layers, we also cannot use multiple UV coords, e.g we can lightmap an object but only with the UV coordinates of the diffuse texture , making it pointless. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

For Fathers and Sons who enjoy wholy spirits.
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2005 04:49
Quote: "Multitexturing is big problem. Make clones of object is bad idea to solve it. DBO works fine with multitexturing but there is no any tool for convert x to dbo with multitexturing."

Yes but they sell more copies of Gile(s) as long as it is broken j/k

I think it will be U6 before this is looked at. The only 2 options I can think of ATM are to ues Gile(s) or if you have CShop use APEX's .csm loader.

Avan Madisen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2005 07:09
I've been playing with the double floats and they don't seem to work properly at all, either as individual variables or arrays.

4N!ALA70R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2005 16:49
i found a bug with matrix position,

it isnt hard to fix within the code but it gets confusing

i positioned a matrix so the centre is at 0,0,0 and when i went to get the edges using variables as the width and depth, and most importantly matrix position x/y/z i got double of what i should have or 0 and occasionally the correct value.
4N!ALA70R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2005 16:50
and also something with arrays

i return a value of an array(?) and it works,
later in the coding i do the same but says array does not exist or array out of bounds
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2005 22:54
Quote: "I've been playing with the double floats and they don't seem to work properly at all, either as individual variables or arrays."

Lets see some code.

Quote: "i return a value of an array(?) and it works,
later in the coding i do the same but says array does not exist or array out of bounds"

Lets see some code.

Visit http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~nickk/
Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.
Avan Madisen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2005 07:18
Ok, everytime I try to use double floats in a program they don't work correctly, but when I try to replicate the problem in a short snippet they work fine... AAAGGGHHH!!!

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2005 22:24
Lest see some code.

"Lets migrate like bricks" - Me
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2005 07:20
I'll be sending a fully updated version of the bug list to TGC tonight for them to use in the bug week which starts tommorow.

Thank you everyone for making it !

mouseweb.net

New and improved nice guy
Shard
Years of Service
User Offline
Just my thoughts guys,

I am not a games creator or graphics artist by any stretch of the imagination. As such have not delved anywhere as deeply into this product as anyone else here. Even so, a few observations:

I originally bought this product in order to do simulations (stage and lighting design) and for some training course segments. A very different market to the ones you guys are in. For the price I took the attitude of “if it works then fine, if not so what?”

What I have found is a potentially suburb product marred by inconsistencies and an impenetrable approach. As a little more background, I have also been a mainframe systems assembler language programmer for more years than I care to remember.

So, to my points.

a) Good documentation for a product as complex as this is a MUST. It the number of hours I have spent trying to get a ”level” I have built into DBP almost makes me weep … and as to getting collision to work so that I don’t “walk” through walls, well, show me where the example is for that? If it is my incompetence, so be it – but refer to point a).

b) Debugger. Ok, I spent many years without that luxury, but in a low level language if a program crashes, then it is probably the programmer’s fault – you get very few errors in CPU hardware. However, this is not a low level language. As such, if I write something that does not work (about 99% of the time), then I need to be able to step through it and see if it is my problem or the compilers.

As I have said, I will never (nor intend to) plumb the depths of this product. My needs in the scheme of things are quite simple, but important to me.

This is a wonderful product at an outrageously good price. If it was properly documented and worked “as the tin says”, I would have no problem growing longer arms so they could reach further into my pockets.

As a side-comment, I have just bought their new product (FPS or whatever), and it so NEARLY does what I want that I am almost banging my head against the keyboard in frustration.

Hope this does not annoy too many people, and keep up the splendid work.
Jbolts1
Years of Service
User Offline
does anyone know y 5.8 is not out yet i have benn waiting for it for my new game plz email me if anyone finds out.

Thx
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2005 05:32
There is a 5.8 release link in the bug reports forum. It breaks the expansion packs though Should be expansion pack updates soon.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2005 07:08
Here are the instructions for getting the release quick:

Scroll this page back up to the top ... see the link?

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Narf The Mouse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2005 10:21 Edited at: 7th Apr 2005 10:46
Some of the variable problems have been fixed, however, the double integer seems to have a maximum of 121,575,219, after which it becomes negative. Source code included.

Correction: The double integer maximum is actually at slightly over 2,100,000,000, after which you get weird negatives.

Cheese!
GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2005 19:31
Foging doesn't seem to work very well especialy on large ojects or a large matrix of 100,000+. It dont look too bad on 10,000 matrix (I followed the tutorial from DBC paper manual) but when i grow my world to 100,000 the fog seems to be all over the place forground and background and moves about in a random way. I was hoping it would be different in DBP but its exactly the same. My camera range is 5000 and fog distance 3000.

Its fine if u want to simulate real fog you feel like your're getting lost in the mist

But if you're trying to hide the 3D clipping plane its pants
Froggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 06:38
"At line" bug - VERY annoying. I don't have a CLUE why my graphic isn't loading... could be ANYWHERE! I've got 5 dba files... Which is it?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 16:08:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 16:08:31