Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Firewall 2: Second Defense...screenshots and videos

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 22:24 Edited at: 4th Aug 2006 06:08
I don't really like Audacity. No presets support, horrible menu design (every single filter is in one menu, not grouped seperately), awful previewing feature... the only thing this is good for is multi-format compatability and multi-tracking.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
1GB DDR-SDRAM (May increase to 2GB one day)
512MB ATI Radeon X1800 Series - Finally! A card that does pixel shaders correctly!
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
GoldWave isn't too bad for a free program.

I'm working on a high res photorealistic texture pack. High res as in 7 megapixels, e-mail me with suggestions.

Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 07:05
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to say that I have some bad news. Well, not really bad, but I guess it depends on your point of view.

I have become way to busy to work on Firewall 2, at least in a continuous fashion. I have a lot of things on my hands right now, including working a part time job that wears the heck out of me, looking for a car, repairing speakers before I go back to school, getting my license, and getting all my stuff together before heading back to college.

Not to mention I realized that I have spent more money paying for my website than I have made from Firewall, and I can't afford to spend any more money on this game right now. I'm having to borrow a lot of money to buy a car, and a junker at that. I know people are saying that they will buy the game, but that is too far in the future for me to work into everything. Thank you very much to those of you who have purchased Firewall, I really appreciate it.

I'm not saying that I'm giving up on Firewall 2, I'm only saying that I won't be able to work on it as much as I want, so I won't have a lot to report on a regular basis. And right now I don't have a decent connection, and don't have time to go to the local tech school to use the fast internet anymore, so I can't even get a new demo uploaded.

I have added shields and armor and ammo and even all of the ai and physics for it. I even have added ai for the computer to defend its bases and attack yours, but I have nowhere to upload the new version. If I get a chance I will though. Here is a screenshot to prove that I'm not making this stuff up:

I will start a new thread once my life gets settled and I have more time for recreational game programming. I'm sorry to those of you who were excited about the game.

Mods, you can delete this thread now, it is of no use any longer.

Xander Moser - Bolt Software - Firewall
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 07:20

Man, I hope everything turns out alright. Screenshot looks awesome, sorry to hear all that bad news...

Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 07:41
Sorry to hear that,
your game is fantastic, I love it, And the images
from firewall two openesd my eyes that is posible to make
very good games.

You dont think it's the way you promote the game?, think
of other ways I like your game, and i thinks is a very good title.

why You dont consider to
make a team?
I maked one, it is better to work that way.

Thantks guys for all you said me.
It's going to be useful.
Again, thanks a lot.
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 12:23

There are three types of people, those that can count and those that can't.
Dreamora
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 00:09
Really sorry to hear that.
But I know your situation just too well (I'm in a similar situation just that I need to find a room that I'm able to pay instead of a car)

If I might be of nonfinancial help, you can always contact me.
Perhaps you still have my mail in your box somewhere
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 00:44
Delete!???

No way.

I'll unsticky it but it would be a real shame to delete this.

The games looking awesome BTW, I hope you find the resources to continue developing it.

Aegrescit medendo
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 05:09
hey you should set up a paypal donation....I'd support with a few bucks...

Blender3D - GIMP - WINXP - DBPro
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 20:25
Thanks everyone

Quote: "you should set up a paypal donation"

No, I don't deserve donations, certainly not as much as your local Salvation Army or anything. I can't bring myself to take money that I don't deserve anyway.

Quote: "Why you dont consider to make a team?"

I'm not the team type of person...my code is just too messed up for anyone else to figure out, and I'm too picky about my models to let other people do them all for me.

Keep in mind that I will keep chipping away at this project, getting things done, but since I have no way of showing my progress, I don't see a reason for keeping an active thread about it. Hopefully someday I will have enough done to show again, but that isn't for another couple months, so don't hold your breath.

Xander Moser - Bolt Software - Firewall
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 22:16
Good luck man. These things happen in life. I'm sure you'll find time to return to FW2 in the future and get it done ... maybe even incorporating newer and better features.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 12:26:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 12:26:12