Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V110 BETA - Public Test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 12:44
So that wasnt just me when i noticed my mp9/10 guns where out of sync?

Please check out my WWII Media Pack 1 FPSC thread... http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131014&b=3&p=0
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 19:29 Edited at: 14th Jun 2008 19:30
Quote: "Charge people for the migration"

I agree that they [may] need the extra cash, but would charging people for just a big upgrade for an engine they own really necesarry? They would be charging it for people who just only saw FPSC v2 on Google, I think.

EDIT: Didn't see page 6. @ Snake Eyyes: all my MP9/10 guns have that problem, too. Maybe there is a solution that only the maker (EAI) knows?

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 19:44
Page 6? Im still on page 3...

Anyway, I dont think they should charge for the migration. One of the main things that people like about the migration on the Silent Walk forums is that this upgrade to the "crap" fpsc engine is free for the current owners of fpsc. And surely the whole point in the migration is so that we dont have to pay extra money just to get a few extra features?

Please check out my WWII Media Pack 1 FPSC thread... http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131014&b=3&p=0
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 19:49 Edited at: 14th Jun 2008 19:50
Quote: "Open up Weapon,(or Weaponglow).fpi and remove the quote PLRDISTWITHIN=X, that'll stop it spreading them, but remember to make a backup of your original weapon/weaponglow.fpi script...."

Wouldn't that just disable the distance check? All that should do is make it do that you'll pickup the weapon either at the start of the game or when the script gets properly cycled (as distant objects cycle their scripts less often).

EDIT: The weapons being out of sync is because the new fps cap is 38. I personally would have liked it if Lee kept it the same, it screws up sound timing because animations go faster. Once a proper timing system is implemented at migration it shouldn't be a problem (as long as the weapons aren't slowed down like X10)

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 20:07
Quote: "All that should do is make it do that you'll pickup the weapon either at the start of the game"

...and that's what he wanted.....

Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 03:27 Edited at: 15th Jun 2008 03:27
I upgraded to the latest FPSC v 1.10 and when trying to test a level out, when it gets to initializing physics, I get an error message back and the program has to exit. FPSC closes. This wasn't happening in 1.9

I'm using stock media and media bought on-line.

I have used frequently the fpsc cleaner exe to get rid of dbo and bin files. I have a shortcut on my desktop to expedite this.

My purchased version now says FPS Creator Free and the version number is gone when you turn on the program. I have a valid license.

Help?

kbarber29@hotmail.com
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 03:39
I have uploaded V111 BETA1 which resolves some of the issues you are having. There are a few other issues, but I could not reproduce so we will work through those in the next few betas. Jump to the new thread for V111

"Small, smart and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom coders aren't extinct after all "
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 05:16
Quote: "...and that's what he wanted....."

I must be missing something, I thought he wanted to prevent them from jumping away when you have several close together?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 10:43
Yeh, but he wanted them to be there at he start of the level for the player to pick up.......

So regardless, they'll be picked up instantly, and the player won't see a bunch of guns flying away from each other.....

game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
Are these features going to be added to x10 sometime? I use both x9 and x10 and it seems like x9 has more features now than x10.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 03:19:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 03:19:32