Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [STICKY] FPSC Community Rules and Information Thread: Tutorial Links and FAQ Submissions.

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2010 08:02 Edited at: 27th Jun 2010 22:48

By now you've all seen the new Sticky that I've crafted for you. This was done to clear up the mess of stickies at the top of each Board in FPSC-Land. I think you'll agree it was needed.

This thread is for the discussion of this new "Master-Sticky". If you spot any grammar errors, bad links, or erroneous information; let me know here and I'll take care of it.

Additionally; this thread is for the submission of any FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) you may have, or that you wish to submit. The FAQ will be growing as time goes on. I do ask that you ask it in the FAQ-style format, when possible. If you have a question but not an answer; ask it anyways, someone may come along and answer it.

The Master Sticky will appear at the top of ALL FPSC Boards as well.

You should all pay particular attention to the new FPSC Forum Board Rules. Some of them are redundant, stemming from existing rules; and some are new or updated. These are in place to create a standard that was needed for a long time now. They are subject to change.

Additionally; feel free to link anyone having problems on the Forums to any section of the Master Sticky, simply by copying the link in the post (on the right of the post's header).

-Keith

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2010 22:46 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2010 22:49
I have one suggestion, Keith; but you've heard it from me before The FPSC Mod developers have their products advertised and listed for community reference. The developers of third party tools have their products advertised and listed for community reference. The only ones still kept out of the circle are the 3D artists for hire. Those of us that don't work with DBPro, but still have talent and services to contribute.

This reference might come in handy for new users in the Models and Media Board thinking about getting into modeling for themselves (unless I overlooked it).

And one final suggestion; maybe a database of in-depth community tutorials? Lighting tutorials, etc? i.e.;

Bugsy's '0 Ambience' Lighting Tutorial

Rail Shooter Tutorial

Multiplayer Tutorial

How to spawn Ghosts using Overlay`s

How to Create Custom Text HUDS (GIMP Tutorial)

Sunlight in FPS Creator video tutorial

Video Tutorial - making in-game messages

EDIT: I reread the first post. I see you weren't looking for suggestions for additional content; only additional FAQ content. Whoops

Kravenwolf

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2010 06:08 Edited at: 4th Jun 2010 06:25

No, no; even expansion ideas are welcome. I had thought of a Tutorial section; but I wasn't sure how I wanted to set it up/handle it. I had intended on including BigA's thread as well; have to get that in somehow.

I'm not touching the Artist for Hire thing though...if another Mod wants to go for it; they can have at it. Almost got my head bit off last time over it.

Keep the ideas, and feedback (and FAQ's) coming...

-Keith

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2010 10:33 Edited at: 4th Jun 2010 10:36
Quote: "I had thought of a Tutorial section; but I wasn't sure how I wanted to set it up/handle it."

If you do decide to add one in down the road, I'd be more than happy to come up with a few FPS Creator related tuts.

Quote: "I'm not touching the Artist for Hire thing"

That's a little disappointing, but alright. Are we allowed to start our own individual freelance threads in the models and media board?

And a little off topic, Keith, but a suggestion for your last reply in this thread.

Why not *require all developers to include an alpha or beta of their current project for download in the first post when starting a new WIP thread? It would keep the board more organized, and reserved for the more dedicated and progressed projects the same way the Showcase Board requires a demo to post. Developers would have to provide more progress than one or two, three-minute screenshots to push other developers' work down. But at the same time, this would still allow any member, regardless of their skill level, to share their work.

Kravenwolf

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2010 19:05
The thing for me, is the way the whole sticky is laid out. I laid it out to be logical from beginning to end. What I can do, is move the Mod Contact section under the Tutorial Compendium section. What I don't want to do, is create a separate sticky....too many stickies is the reason I thought of putting this together (nearly 2 months ago).

The way the Compendium will work is as follows:

- Separate sections for different tutorial-types (separate within the section).

- Each Tutorial will contain a brief synopsis of what it is about, as well as the author's name.

- A link to the tutorial's thread. This way users can ask the author question's directly...on the specific tut's thread.

If the author wants to take their tutorial down; they must give me notice, so that I may remove the link from the Compendium (to maintain it's integrity...no dead links). Failure to do so may prohibit the author from getting another tutorial posted in the section for a time.

All tutorials must be on a TGC Board thread, no outside linking will be done. If you have a tutorial on your own site, you must replicate it completely (including images) on a thread here (you may link to your site in the tutorial, however, if you're looking for site traffic).

We can come up with a generally accepted layout for Tutorials submitted to the Compendium as we go.

As far as the Artist for Hire thread goes; starting one as a user is alright (if it's done well). There must also be a statement to include something to the effect that these artists are not endorsed by TGC in any way; all problems must be addressed to the artist and not TGC staff. It is the thread's author's responsibility for the thread's upkeep. The thread will not be stickied or included in the master sticky...so don't ask.

If the thread turns into a "flame-war", we reserve the right to shut it down (we will do our best to clean it up before doing so).

The WIP requirements are not set in stone as of yet, so your advice is noted.

-Keith

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2010 20:32 Edited at: 4th Jun 2010 20:35
Quote: "Why not *require all developers to include an alpha or beta of their current project for download in the first post when starting a new WIP thread? It would keep the board more organized, and reserved for the more dedicated and progressed projects the same way the Showcase Board requires a demo to post. Developers would have to provide more progress than one or two, three-minute screenshots to push other developers' work down. But at the same time, this would still allow any member, regardless of their skill level, to share their work."

I really don't agree with that idea at all. What you've just described is more or less the Showcase Board. There are any number of reasons people should not be required to post a demo; protecting scripts or media, to name a couple. The single screenshot requirement that's been in place is enough. Sure, encourage devs. to post more, share videos, etc. but requiring a demo is over the top. As far as threads getting pushed down it simply means that the interest isn't there. Either viewers aren't interested in it or the dev isn't interested in keeping it up or generating interest.

I really don't think there need to be more rules but I think the reqs. posted in the thread are fantastic guidelines to help people craft a thread that shows their work and helps to generate interest from viewers.

Personally, I'd like to see most of the new rules treated as helpful guidelines and not enforced. Here's why...

Quote: "1.) Name of Game (in bold, underlined and centered); this can be substituted by a Title Graphic (the Game name must be in the graphic). The graphic should be reasonable in size."

Some people hate center justification. Having the name of the game is a good idea but the rest attempts to dictate presentation style. Again, its a great guideline for people who don't know how to present their project but for veteran users who have their own presentation style it's too restrictive.

Quote: "2.) Developer name (a "company name" is acceptable)"

Again, a great suggestion but how many fake company names are going to be cooked up now? Unneeded as the dev. is th one who posted it 95% the time.

Quote: "3.) Which FPSCreator you are using: X9 or X10 (this should also be in your thread title as either [x9] or [x10]). You should also include which version you are using (ie., 1.15, 1.16, etc.)."

I agree totally with the [x9],[x10] designation in the title but version number/mod etc. are best left in the OP description because we all know those things can change.

Quote: "4.) Storyline and/or description"

That's so vague that I have no issue here. Obviously there is a show and tell component to the WIP boards so yeah; tell us something.

Quote: "5.) No limit on screenshots in the initial post; but you MUST have at least one(in-game only; thumbnails are acceptable) in your initial post. The mandatory image MUST be viewable in the post itself, without having to click a link, or click on the attachment button. Screenshots should not exceed 800x600 pixels; no one wants to have to scroll to see your image. You may link to a larger image however."

I do imagine some users won't be able to re-size images or properly hotlink an image so again I think its a great guideline and devs should be encouraged to do this and realize they will get more thread interest with hot-linked images but they should not be punished for not doing so.

Personally I'd like to see more people hot-linking at least an image or two because 9 times out of 10 if i see a WIP with attached/hidden images I just click the back button.

Quote: "6.) Link(s) to additional images (optional)

7.) Website and/or videos...must be click-able (optional)

8.) Download link...must be click-able (optional)

9.) Credits (optional)

10.) Contact info (optional)"

These are all optional and great guidelines.

Anyhow, thanks so much Keith for your time and effort putting together the mega sticky; it's a great service to our community and very nice to not need to scroll down to see real threads now.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2010 21:37 Edited at: 4th Jun 2010 21:45
Quote: "What you've just described is more or less the Showcase Board."

Exactly. As it stands now, the showcase board remains clean and well-organized. It only contains projects that have more than 20 minutes of spontanious development time behind them. IMO, there should be a reasonable amount of effort to show before starting a WIP thread for a project is acceptable. Not just a single screenshot. As of right now if I understand the current guidelines correctly, a single enclosed segment, an oil barrel, and a blood decal floating above the floor is enough credit to start a work in progress thread?!

I, personally, don't think that 5 or 10 minutes spent slapping together prefabs and lights for a quick screenshot justifies starting an entire thread

The reason I suggested the alpha/beta requirement(not a demo) with the start of a new WIP thread, was simply a way to measure said effort (it seems to be working well for the showcase board). Though this same measurement could be accomplished in other ways as well. Such as requiring more than one screenshot in more than one location/setting of a map, or a short video walkthrough showing some of the current level progress, etc.

Honestly, I'm just brainstorming ideas here. I only step into the WIP progress board every so often. And when I do, if I click on a WIP thread and I don't like what I see, I simply click the back button and try again

Quote: "there are any number of reasons people should not be required to post a demo; protecting scripts or media, to name a couple."

I believe Airslide made some sort of free program to protect game files. Either way, the risk wouldn't be any higher than assets being ripped from the projects in the showcase. In any case, as it's been demonstrated before, if someone does rip media from someone else's projects in this community, they will be caught and dealt with.

Quote: "Some people hate center justification. Having the name of the game..."

Agreed. I prefer left alignment/justified. And for the record, I still don't know how to center text on these forums, which would come in handy for title banners, I do admit.

Quote: "9 times out of 10 if i see a WIP with attached/hidden images I just click the back button."

Same.

Quote: " agree totally with the [x9],[x10] designation in the title but version number/mod etc. are best left in the OP description "

Agreed.

Quote: "...These are all optional and great guidelines."

Agreed.

Quote: "thanks so much Keith for your time and effort putting together the mega sticky"

Ditto.

Kravenwolf

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2010 21:41
Quote: " I still don't know how to center text on these forums"

just click on the center button above where you post and put what you want inside. By the way does other bb code work on these forums because many a time I have wanted to code it manually and add extra items in.

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2010 21:46 Edited at: 4th Jun 2010 21:46
Quote: "just click on the center button above where you post"

Wow I have over 1,000 posts here, and have never noticed that button before. Thanks...

Kravenwolf

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2010 21:47
Quote: "Wow I have over 1,000 posts here, and have never noticed that button before. Thanks...

Kravenwolf
"

hehe, I didnt notice until you asked. I normally code everything manually, that way I know exactly what it all means.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2010 22:46 Edited at: 4th Jun 2010 23:14
Quote: "The reason I suggested the alpha/beta requirement(not a demo) with the start of a new WIP thread, was simply a way to measure said effort (it seems to be working well for the showcase board)."

But you did suggest a demo in the OP of a W.I.P. thread. Or do I misunderstand the nature of "for download" in the below quote?

Quote: "Why not *require all developers to include an alpha or beta of their current project for download in the first post when starting a new WIP thread?"

I fully understand that the risk of ripping is the same. We have great tools at our disposal like Vishnu and such. My argument is simply it should not be a requirement for a WIP. The basic requirement for Showcase is a demo. Realistically, many showcase titles are only alpha or beta anyhow so it's a bit redundant. (I'm going on industry definitions here where Alpha means all assets and features are in place and Beta meaning only bugs and polish remaining; Gold would be a release candidate and the run of the mill WIP would fall under Pre-Alpha).

Quote: "Exactly. As it stands now, the showcase board remains clean and well-organized. It only contains projects that have more than 20 minutes of spontanious development time behind them. IMO, there should be a reasonable amount of effort to show before starting a WIP thread for a project is acceptable. Not just a single screenshot. As of right now if I understand the current guidelines correctly, a single enclosed segment, an oil barrel, and a blood decal floating above the floor is enough credit to start a work in progress thread?! "

I personally totally agree that many devs. need to be putting more effort into their projects before posting WIPs. I'm right there with ya. However, I disagree it should be a rule...

I find a lot of truth in what Thraxas was getting at when he said:

Quote: "Who are any of us, as users, to decide who can and can't post a WIP, just because it isn't the best game ever made. So what if someone is not pushing FPSC to its limits, so what if there game is just some prefabs slapped together with zombies. "

Quote: "We're supposed to help new users, not be upset because they can't do everything as well as you, and are excited about their game"

I think we need to take some of that to heart. As much as I find a lot of the "puppy mistakes" face-palmingly annoying, it will really break my heart if this forum becomes much more elitist. Every body's gotta start somewhere and there's nothing stopping anyone from giving firm, constructive criticism if a WIP is looking totally pedestrian.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 07:11
It's pretty clear that some things need to be altered; so that it's not as daunting to newcomers. To that end; I'm proposing the following requirements for creating a WIP thread:

- 1 Screenshot rule, with the addition that it's either hot-linked (shows up in post)...or in the attachment. I wanted it hot-linked, because visitors (who may be thinking about buying FPSC) cannot view the attachment; which was my reasoning for that.

- WIP Name (though without the requirement of putting it into any format).

- [X9] or [X10] in the thread title. No need for it in the thread itself though.

- Storyline or Description; people should be able to know that they're expected to be looking at.

That is the bare minimum for creating a WIP thread.

In addition to that; I'll be creating my own WIP (locked and stickied) thread, to use as a guide of how a proper WIP thread should be laid out. I would like to point out however, that if anyone sends me any comments or criticism about my example WIP Thread in my email....you will be permanently banned from the forums.

.....seriously.....

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 07:13
Adding to that (and double posting); this is the time that you can give your input on any rules or requirements, so speak up.

-Keith

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
The new minimal rules look great, Keith. I understand where you're coming from with the screenshots but some screens are perhaps better unseen

Really looking foreward to what you come up with; deep respect for anyone willing to lead by example
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I have to agree, a very well put together sticky. Great work.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 13:24
Quote: "I find a lot of truth in what Thraxas was getting at when he said..."

Keith has already set the new WIP guidelines so I suppose the matter is closed, however I just want to clear this up. My suggestion for stricter WIP requirements were not aimed to discourage or prevent the novice users from sharing their work. I also agree that anyone, regardless of their experience, should be allowed to contribute here. My pitch was simply to require more work be done on their part before they can start a WIP thread for their game.

The alpha/beta requirement was only an example as a way to measure said progress (i.e, if enough work on their game was made to create a small beta for it, then it was ready to have a thread announcement). Like I said, the one screenshot rule as it stands now allows anyone to place a single generic ground segment all by itself, take a screenshot, and then start an entire thread for it. My suggestion, was simply to require a little more to address the issues in the previous thread.

But, again, like I said, I was only trying to help. The back button is always there if anyone doesn't like what they see. I also think the new guidelines will work just fine. The WIP thread has done a pretty good job holding up so far, and the new guidelines should help keep it better maintained.

Kravenwolf

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 16:48 Edited at: 5th Jun 2010 16:48
@Tutorial Ideas

Keith, why don't you create a basic layout for the tutorials? Like:

Obviously you would put more time into the structure and it would be better then what I have just made, but that's the general idea

@The Beta/Alpha download idea

I like the current guidelines. I agree that more should probably be done to try to make sure that users actually have a substantial amount of a game made to post a WIP, but I'm not entirely sold on the idea of a beta/alpha to be posted before the game can be put up. When I first started on these forums, my internet was terrible, and it took me a few weeks to find a site on which I was able to host my FPSC game. You must remember that most of the novices on this site could well be under the age of 15, and so I would put forward the idea that not all of them are able to upload a large beta/alpha (even a small map will measure 50MB or so).

I reckon that for a WIP to be ready, it would be good for the user to have enough screen shots to produce a small gallery (around 5 - 7 shots) or enough of a map to make a video ready for upload. These are much less in size compared to an alpha, and keep the games gameplay from the forum, as the user may wish to surprise the forum with the entire game as a whole, and not just small snippets at a time.

Quote: "- Storyline or Description; people should be able to know that they're expected to be looking at."

Would there be a minimum word count on this? And if so, what would it be (so stop people just writing a few lines which doesnt actually tell you what is in the story).

@On A Completely Unrelated Note

I have just noticed that there is a large lack of smilies from Kravenwolf There's one in the entire thread which is;

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 17:22
Well, I like the idea of including a section for tutorials. It would be great if you added my thread on level design:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=165628&b=21

Or my ironsight script thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=150142&b=23

If you want me to write up a mini synopsis etc. to fit the Compendium lemme know.

[img][/img]
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 19:34 Edited at: 5th Jun 2010 19:43
@Kravenwolf: Your help is definitely welcome; even if we all agree to disagree!

@Defy: Thanks!

Quote: "Keith, why don't you create a basic layout for the tutorials?"

Yep; that's along the lines of what I'm going for!

Quote: "Well, I like the idea of including a section for tutorials. It would be great if you added my thread on level design..."

That's the type of well-thought out, and well-laid out tutorial I am looking for. We'll have to settle on the [i[actual[/i] layout requirements later.

Good input all around; this is the type of dialogue I was hoping for. I'll make the adjustments to the main sticky (for the WIP reqs) later.

-Keith

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 21:54 Edited at: 5th Jun 2010 22:47
Quote: "That's the type of well-thought out, and well-laid out tutorial I am looking for. We'll have to settle on the [i[actual layout requirements later."

Thanks, I like to keep things tidy.

Yeah, layout requirements sound good.

[img][/img]
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 07:02 Edited at: 6th Jun 2010 07:04
Changes have been made to the WIP section.

I added Developer name as a requirement; that shouldn't cause too much "anarchy".

-Keith

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 17:44 Edited at: 7th Jun 2010 17:45
@Keith, unless I overlooked it, the rules about team request threads are missing from the master sticky.

Kravenwolf

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 18:09 Edited at: 7th Jun 2010 18:10
It may be allready known, that I am not really a friend of WIP entries that look like they had been slapped together during lunch

But since it's really a little hard for newcomers to provide a demo in their very first projects, I have an alternate idea instead:

Make the WIP requirments to provide only screenshots from a BUILT game not from a TEST game. This would would have two beneficial effects:
- the developer is forced to test if his or her game can really be built before to much time and effort are wasted for a crashfest.
- Any c&c will be more valuable since built games mostly look different from test games (shaders, skyboxes or ambience p.e.)

On the other hand I would be less restictive in Showcase with the story/background requirement. For most of the demos you can invent a dozen diffent stories which would fit perfectly and at the same time they could be used for a dozen other demos.

Take the new "Darkest Days in Russia" demo p.e. One could simply recycle the exact story from Silent Hill, Stalker, Fallout or Fear and they all would fit perfectly for what we see in the demo. So why force people to invent something? Many developers get more inspired for creating a story while working on their maps than sitting on the porch and meditating.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 18:26
@ Kraven: You're right; I'll add that. Thanks.

The Showcase requirements are the way they are; because it's a place to show your work when you're "done". I don't see any need to change that at this time.

Your thoughts on the WIP section are valid; the problem being that there has to be a balance between the more serious developers around here, and the totally new users (who need help and encouragement). What I'm thinking of doing; is taking a gradual approach to making the WIP more in line with my original thoughts. Get the community used to the new way I have put up, then at a later date, start gradually tweaking things...

Appreciate the thoughts.

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 19:35
Team Request blurb added in the Forum Rules section.

-Keith

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 19:43
You might also want to add something for "Can a mod change my name" or "Why was I banned" threads.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 20:02
Quote: "You might also want to add something for "Can a mod change my name" or "Why was I banned" threads."

It's been here the whole time; as well as here.

-Keith

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 21:42
Quote: "You might also want to add something for "Can a mod change my name" or "Why was I banned" threads."

Quote: "It's been here the whole time; "

*sigh*

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 21:45
Quote: "By the way does other bb code work on these forums because many a time I have wanted to code it manually and add extra items in."

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "*sigh*"

That made me laugh

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 06:22
The only dumb question, is the one you don't ask. Kudos to budokaiman for participating in the thread.

We have to remember; this sticky is quite large (I should know), and getting larger as time goes on.

Quote: "By the way does other bbc code work on these forums because many a time I have wanted to code it manually and add extra items in."

Can you give me/us an example of what you're trying to do?

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 07:08
The Tutorial Compendium section has been added (in the Chat thread only, at this time). Discuss.

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2010 06:16
Well; since no one seems to have any input at this time, I've made it part of the thread on all Boards now. Which doesn't mean changes can't be made later.

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2010 21:00
A few more tweaks and adjustments completed. The FPSC Community Rules and Information Thread is now complete. All that's left is the occasional adding of tutorials, 3rd party products, FAQ's, and the occasional rule update.

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2010 06:12
This will be left open (before being unstuck and replaced by the FAQ and Tutorial Submission Thread), until a week or two after the Newsletter's release next month...to give others a chance to give their input. I will continue tweaking and adding what needs to go in, until that time.

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2010 07:55
If there's any more input or suggestions; this is your last chance to give/make it.

-Keith

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 07:49
Although the rules for the Models and Media board are located in this Sticky, I strongly suggest making an additional sticky similar to the ones in the WIP and Showcase boards that states the Models and Media board is only for FPSC ready media and questions about FPSC media. For instance you could also add:

"What is FPSC ready?

- FPSC ready means your model or media is completely ready to use in FPS Creator. Users shouldn't have to make your media compatible. IE, they shouldn't have to convert the model into a .X file, make a texture, and/or make the FPE to load the file into FPSC. Media that is FPSC ready, such as huds and scripts should as well be in compatible formats. Also, if you do happen to post some form of media, you need at least 1 in-game, very clear screenshot of your media in action."

Something like that, and with a title near the lines "This board is for FPSC Ready Media and Questions"

Becuase I'm pretty sure most new users won't come to this thread until redirected by another 'older' member

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 15:38
Quote: "If there's any more input or suggestions; this is your last chance to give/make it"

I don't know if all the mods feel the same way about it, but I remember one or two saying that any FPS Creator mod-related questions should be asked in their respective mod threads; as opposed to starting a new thread to ask how to "enable Fenix Mod bloom", etc. If that's something you feel should be enforced. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Kravenwolf

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 19:26
I agree with Kravenwolf, it'll help keep tons of mod question threads away

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 22:44
OMG kraven <3, thanks for adding my lighting tutorial to the tutorials list. I just died of happy!

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 20:10 Edited at: 27th Jun 2010 22:49
All updates/tweaks have been made; the Master Sticky is now complete, including the addition of a link to the new WIP Example Thread: The Dig.

I will update the thread's tutorial, FAQ and 3rd Party sections; once a month, if I get any in the email (or place links here). Thanks for everyone's input on this.

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2011 22:54
More tweaks made to the Master Sticky....including 3rd-Party Apps. If you have one that you want up, let me know!

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:04:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:04:35