Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Black Ice Mod Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 25th Jul 2019 03:16 Edited at: 25th Jul 2019 04:18
@ s4real,
Can you tell me in which version the lightmapper became an issue? I just did a clean install of V1 and 1.2 update, and I'd like to avoid that issue. If you're not sure, I'll probably hold off until it's resolved.

@Flatlander
I have exactly the same problem/error. Must be something to do with age. lol
So I am running a backup copy of a previously installed version, but I am also no longer able to install a fresh copy of V1.0. What I do is install it on another computer and copy the folder back to mine.
If you get it figured out please advise and I will do the same.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Flatlander :- I noticed a few people having some issues with the installer on windows 10 mostly, maybe try and install in xp compatible mode.

I do like xplosys and just have backups, I've not installed fpsc for ages.

The only thing I can think of is you have a reg error and it needs fixing C cleaner can do this.(DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.)

Hope you get it sorted.

@xplosys:- The issue might have been there from the start, a simple workaround we fount is to del your light and move a light a little bit or a dynamic item and this will rebuild the light maps.

best s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2019 05:41
@s4real
Okay. Thanks, I'll try that.
As for the possible registry error and CCleaner, I use it all the time because I try new software and when I remove it I clean the registry. That has not solved the issue.
ololo_11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2019 15:20 Edited at: 6th Aug 2019 15:25
Hi guys!

I created my game using BlsckIceMod v10.7. I have a problem playing videos in my build game. I use Wmv video format.
Sometimes  videos don`t run in the build game, I see a black screen, nothing happens, the black screen disappears after pressing "space" button. I tested my game on Win7 and Win10 OS.
  This problem appears much more often when I tested the game on OS Windows 10. Almost all videos don`t run. I hope for your help! My game has already been released in Steam store.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi ololo_11

First of all there is a memory issue in 10.7 and would patch to v10.8 to fix this issue.

Test with v10.8 and see if you video will play as this might be the problem.

If you still have the problem then we would need a test map in a built game so we can see whats going on.

best s4real
ololo_11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2019 14:53
@s4real
Thank you! I updated to v10.8 and tested the new build on Win10. Now videos playing well

5wee†
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2019 14:20
I tried to delete "master effect" from game folder and now the game doesn't start ))
I don’t want to use old version of Reshade and would like to remove this unnecessary folder. how can I do this?
it is sewn into the FPSC-Game.exe, right?

sorry, I'm using google translator

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2019 23:22
@ 5wee† You can delete everything for Reshader but leave the folder named MasterEffect.
I'm pretty sure you can even delete everything inside the folder also.
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

* I lost my Big Yellow Button. Do you know where it is?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2019 23:47
s4real has a poll (kinda) going on discord about this if you want to vote.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2019 23:36
Thanks everyone. The poll has concluded and we will be removing Reshade in the next update.

There will be an optional installer if people want to use it with built games.
5wee†
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2019 20:54 Edited at: 29th Aug 2019 21:05
Quote: "There will be an optional installer if people want to use it with built games."

very grateful! )

shalom
I'm creating my own weapon (based on default hands), and want to implement many animations for certain actions:
open/close the door, take an item, press a button and more.
I know that gunspec file already have these states for using:

hand push = 0,0
hand dead = 0,0
hand door = 0,0
hand button = 0,0
hand take = 0,0

but this is not enough for me.. besides hand door doesn't work.
can someone check this out and maybe come up with something? it would be great to add more actions ))

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2019 22:35
@ 5wee†
Quote: " besides hand door doesn't work"

I don't think I have seen that command before? I might be wrong but I think that one doesn't exist?
Quote: " come up with something? it would be great to add more actions "

What I did in a similar situation was to use the rmb and/or the reload R key as a work around
Every situation is different

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
5wee†
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2019 23:42 Edited at: 30th Aug 2019 00:44
Quote: "I don't think I have seen that command before? I might be wrong but I think that one doesn't exist?
"

All stock weapons what re-rigged by Joakim Olsson (Cyborg ART) contain a readme file where described all list of the commands (see attachment)
but some of them were not implemented, I think

Quote: "What I did in a similar situation was to use the rmb and/or the reload R key as a work around
Every situation is different "

Yes, in principle, I can come up with a way out of this situation. But it creates a limitation that upsets me.
To a greater extent, I wrote this to the authors of the mod, who, perhaps, can look at the code and maybe, fix something.
I hope

Attachments

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
12 YEARS OF SERVICE
User Offline

Earn Badges
Posted: 25th Jul 2019 09:25 Edited at: 25th Jul 2019 09:39Link
I haven't been able to install FPSC V1. I'm also having issues with the DBPro. This is the reason why you haven't heard from me regarding updating BIM. It had been frustrating, to say the least. The error message I receive trying to install FPSC is

An installation support file could not be installed
Catastrophic failure.

I have not been able to identify which file that would be, and, with DBPro I'm having issues with a couple of plugins that I use for RPG Mod. So, there you go."

so can we say goodbye to your rpg addon for BIM??
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
UPDATE :-

coming soon :- Black ice mod v11

Everything is packed up ready to go its just the final few things to do and then we should have an release.

THanks for your support.

Best s4real and nomad

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2020 22:04
very exciting.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2020 21:24 Edited at: 15th Apr 2020 21:15
Black Ice Mod v11 Trailer

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline

Update :-

V11.9g released get it from the link below :-

https://www.blackicemod.org/files/BlackIceModLauncher.exe

Many thanks for all your support.

best s4real and nomad

ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Half-Life: WAR
Posted: 21st Mar 2020 18:39
This is great!
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons
Death1sniper
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you upload just the black ice file like before. Im getting a corrupt file error when downloading withBlackIceModLauncher
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2020 12:40
i agree. they should upload the black ice mod installer like in the older versions and make the launcher optional.
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Death1sniper and @ScooT9 we fixing the launcher so its using a web based download system so the error does not happen.

Sorry that you having problems getting the mod and we hope the new fix coming soon will fix the issue.

best s4real
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2020 20:45
why not make the launcher optional and release the installers in the website so that i can download it without using the launcher??
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2020 11:12 Edited at: 24th Mar 2020 17:26
we advice people to download the launcher v1.2 to keep up to date with the mod, you can get this from the black ice mod web site or click update on the old launcher.

@Pvt.Dan :- We don't advice people to share the mod as a rule plus we always tell people to get the mod from the main site just in case its been messed with.

I have noticed a few packages out there with black ice mod already installed with other model packs, we advice not to download them as we can't give support on these versions.

Many thanks for everyone for there support.

Best s4real and Nomad
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2020 16:57
Patch options are now included in the latest v1.4 mod launcher

Homegamesindie
Years of Service
User Offline
i have a error, when i download the mod and try to run the installer this launch me a message "invalid file data" what i can do?
Carloquiga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2020 14:16 Edited at: 1st Apr 2020 18:04
How does the multiplayer work? We just have to do as the early years of FPSC?
And How can we set a team deathmatch?

P.S. I made a project on FPSC 1.20 with Black Ice 10.5 beta, now I can't move that project to the version with multiplayer (maybe because it's based on 1.15?)
(see the uploaded image for the error)
[img]null[/img]

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2020 00:28
@Carloquiga
Quote: "I can't move that project to the version with multiplayer (maybe because it's based on 1.15?)"

Most likely yes that's why. Remember a lot of changes have been made since V1.15, a lot. You may/should start over.
I know its a pain, but at least multiplayer is back up and work perfect now. And at least you'll know for sure that your map,
when it's done WILL work, connect to the server and others can join in

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
Carloquiga
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe i'll start over the project, but by now I'd try using hamachi but i'm having problems.
I used it in the past with FPSC, but now it's not working... It can be used with Black Ice Mod 10.5 beta (no multiplayer)?
I'm also trying to open the project with a stock 1.20 FPSC version but it doesn't work
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2020 03:16
@Homegamesindie - That means your download did not complete. Please download again using the latest mod launcher:
https://www.blackicemod.org/files/BlackIceModLauncher.exe

@Carloquiga - Perfect advice from ncmako. We don't support hamachi and whilst your v120 maps will not be compatible with Black Ice Mod MP, any new ones you create will work on the server so other people can join.
My understanding is that hamachi requires all the players to be using that client whereas anyone can play and join a standalone multiplayer game using the mod.
Death1sniper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2020 16:22 Edited at: 6th Apr 2020 16:45
BlackIceModLauncher1.5.0.0 Is doing the same as the older ver. Cand download single or multiplayer mod. Download always stops randomly and will have to download again. and no matter what i do can not get it faster then 150 kbs. 99.9% of the time it stays at 20 kbs. Thats a long time do download a 740mb patch. Old way was alot bater. BTW my internet is fine can download anything else at 2mbs.

Edit: Nvm I ripped the down loader apart and found where it pulls the download.
And your using the same method as your Vinshu_Packer. backpacking to Local\Temp is not agood idea. Games made with your packer can be easily ripped apart to get the game files.

Attachments

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2020 00:14 Edited at: 7th Apr 2020 00:15
I've just used mod launcher v1.5 to download the singleplayer mod and got an average 1.5mb/s (less than 5 mins) so not sure what to say.
We've had far less issues reported using the newer method so i can only apologise for any inconvenience. We added patches in the launcher now which should also help.

Attachments

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Death1sniper :- The launcher does not save the download in temp folder you pick where you like to save as it uses your browser.

Sorry you having issue with the launcher but like nomad said there is a simple patch button now once you got the download.

Best s4real

Death1sniper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2020 15:41 Edited at: 7th Apr 2020 15:57
I didnt mean for my post to sound rude.
this mod is what got me back to fpscx9. I came to this community when fpsc was just starting the 1.07 update. I have been around here for a log time.

Im not saying it saves to the download folder. Im talking about your BlackIceModLauncher/Vinshu_Packer. They Unpack to the temp dir.
I dont want to go in much detail.

I think it may be on my end im from Maryland.
it just stops downloading and wont continue the download. i have to restart from 0 again.
I tried downloading BlackIceMultiplayerv1.5 again afew times today still wont download.
I found the single player patch location and downloaded that thru firefox.

Would be nice if you could upload the BlackIceMultiplayerv1.5.exe
Leopmota
Years of Service
User Offline
@Nomad Soul,
Does the new Black Ice Mod support Windows 7? And does it work on FPSC Version 1.19 or only on 1.20? I'm quite happy with this new mod!
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2020 23:01
@Death1sniper - Here is a direct link to the SP and MP mods:
https://www.blackicemod.org/files/v11/BlackIceModv11.9.exe
https://www.blackicemod.org/files/v11/BlackIceMultiplayerv1.5.exe

@Leopmota
We supported Windows 7 until v10 but as Win7 itself is no longer supported we are no longer specifically testing for this.
There is a good chance the mod will continue working with Win7 but its highly recommended to upgrade your OS for security purposes.
Death1sniper
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you.
I truly was not trying to sound rude.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
due to the lack of funding/donations we sad to say that Black ice mod support and updates will now stop. We had a good 5years giving a free mod but we just can't cover the costs anymore. The site will be online until march next year where it will then be closed.We uploaded the last patch today for you all to test.The MP server will be shutdown in march as well as we have a year left on that server, Thanks to the people who have supported us in the past.
best nomad and s4real
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2020 00:50
Hi everyone, this is a note to say black ice is now going to be a private mod.

We've had a great time working on the project for 5 years and making sure we were able to keep everything free.
However the mod has now grown far beyond what we originally planned and we need to make it sustainable.

We have 1 more update to give you which will be our final release for the public version of black ice mod.
You can update to v1.7 of the mod launcher now for some updates to singleplayer and multiplayer.

Myself and s4real would like to thank everyone for their contributions over the years and support.
We also want to thank the people who donated recently so we can keep the project alive.
Also thanks to TGC for giving us their consent to continue updating FPSC and making it useful.

The public version of black ice mod is still free to use for non-commercial and commercial projects.
Our website and multiplayer server will also continue to be online for the immediate future.
If you do release a game using black ice mod please give us a mention in your credits.

If you are interested in becoming a user for the private mod please get in touch on the FPSC Discord.
https://discord.gg/uy6UPA7

We hope you've enjoyed using Black Ice Mod as much as we have working on it and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
S4real and Nomad

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:09:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:09:16