Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [STICKY] Black Ice Mod Official Thread

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Wish flatlander all the best with the source .
I agree it not a lot of people around these days.

Look forward to seeing what you do with the source.

Best s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2019 19:27
I am currently working on update BIM with RPG code. However, I have run into an issue that has to do with a couple of plugins I used with RPGmod. The plugins are STYX and Unity. I have licenses for them but it's impossible to activate them because the website TGC used to activate these plugins no longer exists. There actually two other plugins I had also purchased to use. So these plug-ins are not activated to run with DBPro. I haven't found any information yet that can be used to allow DBPro to use them. For example, I use "SPLIT$" from STYX which is way easier to use than "SPLIT STRING" in the matrix16. Although granted matrix by Iam is more powerful.
THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why.
For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
Good job guys!

Flatlander, good to see you still around. I will check this out as soon as I get time, unsure why I returned to the FPSC scene (mostly because I revamped InterFPSC into the Game Launcher Creator) but I have a request. Can you code in so users can write out to a text file upon level-end trigger?

I slightly recall we tried this with RPGMod (and was successful) I believe, or at least you already had the 'write out to text file' done. Would be good for me to test as I can write up a 'joiner' application so people can block build and then link a series of executables to possibly write an 'unlimited level' game with FPSC including a storyboard.

Cheers,
Danny
// EOF
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2019 21:42
Sting, this is absolutely amazing. I haven't come to the forums after my last post here; until now and low and behold somebody posted today. I wouldn't have considered trying to work with DBPro if you hadn't. I had not been able to get my code to compile with DBPro so I will take another fresh look at it. Yes, I do have code where you can write out a text file anytime you want in the game. Maybe, I'll concentrate just on that instead of the whole ball of wax.
THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why.
For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
Flatlander, I'm more than willing to help out where I can. I'm a little bit tied up at the moment with projects, but some are nearing to a close and I can make some time (albeit on a small scale for now).

The ability to stream to a file is a feature that would enhance game-flow and would probably boost morale for some more devs to complete game developments with FPSC and BIM. Good to see you still around dude.
// EOF
sbegley001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2019 18:20
Glad to see Black Ice Mod in good hands! Excited to see where she goes
s4real
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@sting :-

Quote: "Can you code in so users can write out to a text file upon level-end trigger?"

THere already a command in black ice mod to do this already called passtosetup example:- ,plrwithinzone=1:passtosetup=levelcompleted 1

Might want to check the chapter launcher by xplosys that uses this.

all the best s4real

Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
s4real - Thanks, I did see that and questioned it on Discord. I was and still am unsure if it's only limited to given variables, or if we could declare custom variables just by writing out?
// EOF

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2019-03-27 01:58:54
Your offset time is: 2019-03-27 01:58:54