Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Anderson & The Legacy of Cthulhu (56k warning)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 16:06
whu lokin nice. like themodel pack weapons.

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 16:52
As always, the final weapons will be implemented during balancing testing. But there will be new ones compared to "Anderson".

Support the efforts of Homegrown Games! Don`t let us starve!
Buy Anderson:
https://buy.metaboli.com/vnt/panier.html?partenaire=33&id_titre=354&langue_page=en
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 16:58
Love the new screenies
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 17:12
Well, one of the chapters will be using again some of your Tomb Pack

Buy Anderson:
https://buy.metaboli.com/vnt/panier.html?partenaire=33&id_titre=354&langue_page=en
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i got round to downloading the demo and what a game, the story well good and the work you put into this is great I wish you all the luck on this game.

I was impressed by the speed of the game as well this does prove you can make a commercial game with fpsc.

The only issue was i only had one life and kept dying so had to keep loading it in.

Great work

Best s4
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 22:47
I hope you have installed the patch for the demo, as it makes the game much better balanced and easier in the beginning...

Buy Anderson:
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 15:38 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2007 15:39
We`re still on working out how a really huge indoor / outdoor level can be done without loosing fps, but the first results are here. Tofays shot is a test level that could be included in the AddOn Campaign, based upon MP8 and other Model Packs, providing 2.2 hectares of ground to walk on outdoor as well as aprox. 3000 square metres indoor, equippeed with about 50% of the entities that should be included in the final one.

And because of the fact, that a single Picture doesn`t show anything, here`s a video clip, too:

(Download, approx. 8.5 Meg)

http://www.homegrowngames.at/goodies/albershugetest1.wmv

Please notice that due to compression and WIP status this video does not reflect in any way the final quality of the AddOn Campaign.

Buy Anderson:
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 15:49
Quote: "We`re still on working out how a really huge indoor / outdoor level can be done without loosing fps, but the first results are here."

Read my tips here.

TATBS 1.8 is now fully functional. Brilodis is having its districts extracted to Battle City. Krina and Karin are twice the size. And you’ll see 5 times as many breeds of monsters... It’s Kalspher V3.
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 15:55 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2007 15:57
I`ve read them and I know them, but we want EVERYTHING inside to be viewable / approachable, and if we like Entities instead of Segments to become buildings and walls, we`ll use them, too. And I don`t want to cut the poly countdown to a level where the quality suffers.

As the MP8 segments are very fps-friendly, I believe that the perfect result can be achieved by Level Design only and without the "3x3" workaround.
Watch the video, it`s pretty promising even if some entities are still missing...

Buy Anderson:
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 16:00
Best way to make an outdoor scene (huge outdoor scene) is to:

Make all of the meshes yourself,

And delete every polygon that is out of sight for the player,

Try to make every mesh as low polygon as possible,
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 16:03
Single sided planes for the floor and for the boundries are the way to go in my opinion. And as cheese said, delete EVERY unseen poly.

TATBS 1.8 is now fully functional. Brilodis is having its districts extracted to Battle City. Krina and Karin are twice the size. And you’ll see 5 times as many breeds of monsters... It’s Kalspher V3.
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 16:08
I know that and of course we will implement such measures before releasing the campaign.

But something to think about:

We are very deep into this whole stuff, and of course we, or guys like you, cheese cake, Rolfy and so on can ALWAYS create meshes and segments that fit to our desires.

But what about the common customer who bought his FPSC without any clue of modelling?
They build levels, place entities, some houses here, some houses there, from outdoor into the bunker - and when they try the games, they get a bunch of dias. And sometimes very similar levels are running wothout any frame drop at all.

However, I still believe - as told above - that you can achieve a satisfying result with good LD only.

Buy Anderson:
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 16:13
The quality doesnt have to suffer when you are making low polygon meshes.

For my test level (which will be a game) almost every mesh is custom made.
And untill now they are all as low as they can be with polygons.
And still it doesnt look horrible.

Also try to look for skyscroll. (good for outdoor scenes,
it will make clouds that actually move)
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 17:01 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2007 17:08
Outdoor scenes can use both segments and entities,larger entities are easier to place and you dont need to spend
the time slicing these to create segments.
The only time I do create these as segments is when I want enemy collision and with the introduction of null space in
the latest updates,you can create areas where the enemy will be confined without having to use invisible walls which
would confine the player as well.
For instance I have a pool of water in a large plinth which the enemy guard will not leave as the area around it is an entity.
You wont have any player collision problems with entities if the pivot is correctly placed in centre of model and static.

The skyscroll may affect your frame rate.

I have downloaded the demo and patch,just haven't had time to play it yet,but will soon

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2007 10:56
Excellent game. Love the inclusion of the "Making of pics". Voice over was outstanding.

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2007 16:04
Thank you for the feedback. We`re working on the free AddOn campaign right now with a huge motivation, because in the meantime between Goldmaster Date of "Anderson" and today there have been not only the FPSC Upgrades, but also some very creative and interesting ideas within the community here and of course from the customers themselves.

Buy Anderson:
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2007 16:10
WOW, I think we have somthing in common, I'm also left to starve (starts chewing on shoe).
Quote: "Support the efforts of Homegrown Games! Don`t let us starve!
Buy Anderson:
https://buy.metaboli.com/vnt/panier.html?partenaire=33&id_titre=354&langue_page=en"

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2007 16:50
We`re not starving at the moment, we`ve eaten our graphics artist....

Buy Anderson:
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2007 18:28
lol.

Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 20:09
I'm thinking of ordering this is it worth it though.... I read some reviews that said it wasn't good.

James Bomb

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 22:10 Edited at: 28th Aug 2007 22:10
Well, the average rating considering 21 reviews is approx. 5.8 out of ten, but don`t forget, that in those reviews it has to compete with full budget games like Bioshock and Farcry. Editors who like story-driven gameplay like it, those who love eye candy hate it.

However, it has far better ratings than many other budget games in the same prize range.

Buy Anderson:
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 23:04
I would like to ask, have you made a good sum of money from this game?

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 23:06
No way. I`m glad if we all get back what we`ve put into it.

Buy Anderson:
phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
I think the fact that you got your game into a mainstream market is amazing espically with the FPSC engine. How did you go about it?

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 23:36
Well, I had the necessary connections within the business, as described in the "Best of the Best" Thread. But it was very hard, even with those experiences and contacts. You have to offer something very special in order to make a publisher curious. We had RL Cutscenes, a pretty known Fantasy Artist and a totally weird story idea...

Buy Anderson:
Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 23:59
I'm gonna buy it....................... Soon

James Bomb

phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah right, thanks for the reply. I hope more FPSC games get the chance to be published also.

How much did you spend personally on the games devolpment? Such as actors/ video equipment? If you dont feel like saying thats fine

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2007 00:33 Edited at: 29th Aug 2007 00:34
All my savings plus the savings of the other core team members.

I can`t tell the total sum, but the weekend filming alone took about 15k$ to 20k$ (including all crew payments and equippement)

However, this was the most expensive part of developement.

Buy Anderson:
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2007 01:19
Any Idea when it's coming to the US? I'de buy it since my copy hasn't arrived.

phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
wow you really whent all out on this project! I hope that you get some gain from it considering all the work you all put into it.
But not many people around here can say they published a game!

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2007 03:18
Do you know how many marshmallows you could've bought with that?!
Quote: "15k$ to 20k$"

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2007 11:08
Quote: "Any Idea when it's coming to the US? I'de buy it since my copy hasn't arrived."

To my knowledge, it`s already available in the USA. However, you won`t buy it, I`ll send another copy to you today evening, and this time I`ll tag it with the real value for customs and pay the futy in advance.

Buy Anderson:
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2007 13:51
Thanks a million man. if you have a link to buy it in the US I will post it on my personal site as well as signature. gotta spread the word.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2007 01:32
HAHAHA LOL. I showed my dad this game and he thought Cthulhu sounded like the name of a gay bar. It's not an insult, he just didn't understand it.

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2007 11:04
"Welcome to Cthulhu....Please come in sir"

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2007 18:09
Kind of funny, I guess we`ll license Village People Songs for the AddOn. with adjusted lyrics:

Young flesh, there's no need to feel brave.
I said, young flesh, lay down on the ground.
I said, young flesh, 'cause you're in a new cave
There's no need to be unhappy.

Young flesh, there's a place we will go.
I said, Young flesh, in a well you`ll be thrown.
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time.

Its fun to stay at the
Great Old Ones Cave
Its fun to stay at the
Great Old Ones Cave
They have everything that they need to enjoy,
you can be eaten there with all other boys...

And as Intro song for Staff Seargent Albers:

"you feel Cthulhus near
Can't you see we need a hand
- In the Wehrmacht -
Be eaten for the fatherland
- In the Wehrmacht -
Cry loud "I-aeh!" with cultists then
- In the Wehrmacht -
Come on worshippers, make a stand
In the Wehrmacht, In the Wehrmacht, In the Wehrmacht!"

Buy Anderson:
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2007 11:51 Edited at: 12th Sep 2007 11:51
Allright, it has been quite a time since I`ve posted anything regarding "Anderson". This is because of the fact that I don`t like to show very early stages of developement. If you remember, I opened the Anderson thread several months after we started to create the game.

However, here is some info and a video showing our progress in creating the official AddOn:

1. The AddOn will be free for all Anderson customers. Although the publisher doesn`t like the word "free" in association with produced games, we feel that those who bought our game deserve a little goodie.

2. The "little goodie" will contain 4 chapters of campaign (where you play Stefan ALbers) with 3-5 hours of playing time.

3. The 4th and final chapter will bring you something that has never been created during the history of computer gaming. I started gaming on C64 in the 80ies, and I did quite some research before giving such a statement...

4. A weekly progression video is distributed to all of those who participate in creating the AddOn (including Beta Testers). These video files are for internal use only, but I`ve cut a very small sequence out of the last one, showing some of the effects we are playing around with. Please keep in mind that everything is W.I.P. and don`t spread the link too widely:

http://www.homegrowngames.at/goodies/albersminiclip.mov

Buy Anderson:
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2007 19:46
Still haven't recieved my copy, I think customs is haveing good time playing Anderson's so they snag every copy they can get their hands on. Perhaps there is a private download link like from the purchase website? i'm itching to play after the demo.

Happiness Jake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2007 22:39
I'm very much hoping to buy this once I get some spare change together...

But just wanted to note that the forum link to Home Grown Games' site is spelt "homegrwongames".

HELP ME i'm trapped in a...um...signature...factory...?
Yeah, that really failed. Sorry.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2007 23:23
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay

game lover
Years of Service
User Offline
Darmic please don't do that, it hurts the eyes. Also I can't even read it.

We all want to be awesome, but does awesome want to be us?
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2007 23:38 Edited at: 12th Sep 2007 23:41
You need turret guns? No problem with that one, not anymore...

But the thing here

http://www.homegrowngames.at/goodies/albersminiclip.mov

in the beginning is not a real turret gun, it`s a hidden switch inside the Artillery cannon, being activated by collecting the artillery ammo and if used, it spawns explosives close to the target and an unseen entity playing the sound file...

Buy Anderson:
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2007 23:41
Quote: "Still haven't recieved my copy, I think customs is haveing good time playing Anderson's so they snag every copy they can get their hands on. Perhaps there is a private download link like from the purchase website? i'm itching to play after the demo."

No I try something a contact from HongKong recommends for sending packes to the US - I declare it as "toy" with a value of 5US$.

I hope this time it will work ^^

Buy Anderson:
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 01:22
Cool will be anxiously waiting.

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2007 15:53 Edited at: 17th Sep 2007 15:57
@Disturbing:

Sent today.

And here some progress from the AddOn again:

(Maybe Spoilers ahead)

Our 3D Guy was shopping around on Turbosquid, while the second Designer had the idea to implement an air battle, includign attacking german planes, lots of FLAK explosions, crashing Fockes and so on...

We are still messing around with the planes, because if you want them to be characters, a huge bunch of them will tear your fps to the ground. They do work if you make them dynamic entities, but then you`ll have to script almost everything (what we are trying right now). When I say everything, I mean that serious. Each plane that changes behaviour (like crashing, turning away, e.t.c.) has to be scripted this way.
We started by setting all of them static into the air, and then each one is replaced by a dynamic version in order to work like we have the assault in mind.

A first impression from the testing site is given here:

ATTENTION:

Everything here is heavily Work in Progress, and the area is just an empty testing site and nothing from the final game!

and here from far above:

Buy Anderson:
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 01:41 Edited at: 18th Sep 2007 01:44
And two more screens from chapter 3 of the AddOn, still WIP, but I promise we get the damn dimension portal working somehow...

And here a little bit from the side, on the right you`ll see the tail of the Messerschmitt 110 Airplane.

As always - WIP and no final quality. More to come when the first playable version is given to beta testers.

Buy Anderson:
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2007 22:00
A brief update of the AddOn work:

We are finishing the last chapters, and we are now working both with MagicFPS and Signs to get all those things done in time that we have in mind.

If you ask yourself if everything will be outside and if we`ve sacrified our dark rooms and hallways - NO.

There will be enough scary sneaking around, but with more details, and this experience will forge the contest entry we`ll go after finishing the AddOn.

Buy Anderson:
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2007 22:14
WooHoo! It arrived! Ill probbably take a few days to play it, As I'm a "stop and smell the roses" kind of gamer. I like to take my time and pay attention to every detail.

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2007 23:27
Finally we got it to USA! Hurray!

Please don`t forget to install the Patch!

Buy Anderson:
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2007 23:59
Wow, new screenies look great!

Cheers,
Cheese Cake.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 10:00:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 10:00:46