Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9][BOTB]Eldora (The Golden Land)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The animation for the menu is a movie which I rendered in Max, s4real compiled this into the menu so maybe he could explain how this was done as I wouldnt have a clue lol.
When you create more than one level for your game you will find the loading pages in languagebank\english\gamebank\mygame, you can change the backgrounds etc in these.
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 19:39
ok thanx for that =)

Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/DEATH1sniper
Hame Page:http://snipereliteforce.spruz.com/
AMSHNOK!!!
HaydenG
Years of Service
User Offline
The game looks great, however whenever I try to play it it keeps telling me to install .net framework 2.0 which I know I have installed. I even uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Any ideas?
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 11:30
This is awesome! (again!) Are you still working on it?

[url=][/url]The Ultimate Battle Mod, high fps, particles, and more.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@HaydenG Do a search for the update that fixes this issue.

best s4

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2008 04:31
I'm writing the review for the demo in the upcoming Gunn3r Games Informer.

Gunn3r Games
tyler3629
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 15:51
amazing game u have there.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 17:48 Edited at: 20th Jul 2008 17:48
Please make sure to use the latest update when playing eldora you can get it from the chat forum.

This fixes some bugs and issues.

best s4real

new games
Years of Service
User Offline
rolfy nice job cant wqat for full release. and is your rolfy bot use for commerical use.
Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 16:06 Edited at: 29th Jul 2008 17:46
Quote: "awesome, and it only took 3 minutes to download with my new ISP"

Oh god, this is so off topic but it has to be said! WTF ISP ARE YOU USING!!1111oneone1!! i have been using AOL and its taken 2 hours to download the demo at like 57kbps lol. Please put me out of my misery and suggest a uk one that has the speed like yours :C

anyways

The game is truly awe inspiring, i have a terrible graphics card, yet not once did i lag >_>. hats off to you rolfy i dont know how you did it. Gunna do a bit of reviewing but dont feel im being a toad, infact most of my suggestions would probably be invalid because my game creation skills wont in a million years compare to yours. Anyways, the spider! Scary, good, a little fuzzy texture but the main problem i found (because their corpses dont dissapear - which i like in a way) but i kept getting stuck as the spider died in the small corridoors, i dont know how your going to solve that, if at all - but maybe make them a little smaller. It took me 7 mins of crouch jumping to get over them!.

I love the lighting, its amazing everywhere, dark on the keep but i think that adds to the feel, but still the fountain thing nearly made me orgazm - would have liked to see it a bit more. The shade level was one of the best, i love little challenges like that, it gives the game a strange feel, it's more of an eerie adventure than that of anything else. which i like alot, however the shade kept attacking me through the walls, not so it was going through them, just its hands. (dont know if that was intentional, i noticed it could fly over them, but still chose to wall-rape me lol.)

The visual damage system is great... If it dissapeared after a while, after the first confontation with the spider i had a gouge across my screen for the rest of the level and it was annoying :C. Also there is too much sound (not volume, like quantity) when being attacked which makes me get abit anxious. FInally the little AI dude, i cant understand him :C maybe subtitles or something. anyways, I LOVE those spell things, a really nice touch and there amazing to use, which ones the best :/ does it go green blue red? :\ oh and the warewolfy thing was great aswell. getting stuck in that room was scary >_>

By far this is the best game created using fpsc, in my opinion. I give it 10/10 as there is NOTHING to propperly compare it with. You have taken first person shooters to a new level, and its nice to see something different instead of the zombie/ww2 games that are spammed here everyday. but then, this revieweey thing dosnt really matter. Im still figuiring out how to make a lag free game that has better graphics than pacman. atleast now i have a rol(f)e model >_> lol.

Love you rolfy ^_^ whens the game going to be released?!
Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 19:43
may i host any videos or any upcoming videos of this on my youtube account? (i am ilikecomputers555)
BTW, your game looks amazing...

Adriano jones
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2008 11:50
I would love to see a video of this game, as I'm not on windows at the moment I can't play it myself.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2008 19:21
@Adriano jones, I'm pretty sure rolfy can host his own videos. He's done it before...

Gunn3r Games
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 11:45 Edited at: 5th Sep 2008 11:49
Quote: "I can`t remember with whom I had been discussing here about publishers and their moral, but whoever he was, he was right in almost all points..."

I can say without question, that conversation would definitely be with me, I would love to hear your story of what went on, I can tell you a story or two about my experiences, PM me, perhaps we should swap stories.

I hate publishers myself, I would be very hard pressed to even bother with them again, personally unless I licensed a cheap license for a console market I would publish PC games myself as one can sell the game online, especially if its a niche like your COC Anderson game, which is whats best to do for selling a game online, find a community or audience that is sympathetic to your game, they will market it for you as they are already into your product. A new IP is very hard to sell online, its one thing making it, its another to market it, if you have a game that's sold, its easier to sell another game to the same people, so come in with a game that has a niche already like you did with COC with Anderson, then try and sell similar games to the same market, build your own personal audience, that way you don't need publishers to market the product as your have your own audience and web traffic that will repeat buy. Though when I say market, small publishers don't market anything, they just burn a few disks out to retail and that's that, well hell, you can do that yourself, big deal, they can burn some disks and talk to a distributor, wow, big deal, that's worth giving away a load of 'your' royalties from 'your' game.

No I hate publishers, they are full of it, I want them to go, period from the business myself, for PC we don't need them, if they ain't paying for the game, and getting money out of them is like getting money out of a stone, then who cares about them, I also think mmorgs are good business looking at the sales figures, you get a loyal personal relationship with the customer that you can build on for years.

The future for PC games developers is moving away from them and self publishing, you can even get print on demand hard copies if someone wants a HC, why do we need publishers, they don't support the intro developers, unlike new film makers, so to hell with them, the big studios hate us as well, otherwise they would be there to bring in the new talent.
I have a post here about the medias job and how it works. see here.

Independent games - Are you making what the public really want?

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=132136&b=21

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2008 18:46
I'm also getting an APPCRASH Run.exe error. This really needs to be fixed :/

It comes up with:

FPSC Game.exe has stopped working

Debug
Close Program

Free Segment Packs: V1-http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124552&b=24
V2 - http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124709&b=24
traynor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 15:17
mine comes up with error: the destination folder could not be created. Then it quits.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 10:07
You obviously don't have permission to alter the contents of the folder in which it is located. Try running it as Admin.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
piXX3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 22:38
Whilst I haven't had time to read the whole of this amazing thread (so sorry if it's already been mentioned...)... rolfy, contact a mod about this being put into the BOTB... I can almost guarantee you it would be... an amazing game, you have restored my diminishing faith in FPSC!
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 19:15
Great game! Graphics are amazing! Well done!

PS. One time I was crouching by the fence near the start (when you go through the door, the fence just to your right) and I fell through the map. But apart from that amazing!

FireBASIC - The Heart of Great Programming - http://firebasic.ablazegaming.co.uk
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 00:05
How's this going? I haven't heard anything about it for a while.

[center]
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah all the best with this Rolfy.

fpsfree.com / support by clicking on some banner links.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=kpwY6pO2_UA&feature=related
Game Master1330
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2008 12:16
Looks amazing but im starting to feel that the storyline is a complete copy of the deltora quest books i read about 3 years ago.

I am downloading demo now.

Matt

Umm...
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2008 21:45
I enjoyed the demo, you've obviously put A LOT of work in here.

Just one little gripe...the maze was too difficult. I got to the door just a few milliseconds to late on several occassions, could you increase the amount of time the door stays open? Even if it was just another half a second...

I'd also love to get my hands on that animated menu script

AE

Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2008 10:31
I downloaded this awhile ago but it didnt work and my task manager stopped working. Know how to fix task manager?

Victory is imminent
Outbreak Games 'Short stories should feed and nourish the reader' Mr Brown
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@fuzz Use this program ive attached to fix the task manager.

There seems a few people have had issues but just saying it don't work or the app crashed does not help.

If you have had an issue with this game please post your system specs and if you using vista or xp.

Best s4real

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2008 04:30
Thanks s4real. I tried to play it awhile ago and I can't really remember, but Im pretty sure it just froze my computer. Thanks for teh program. Iv'e got 1g ram, ati 2400xt and Im using xp.

Victory is imminent
Outbreak Games 'Short stories should feed and nourish the reader' Mr Brown
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
just two words: awesome environmnet

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P.
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
BOTB man!

My Computer: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 4Gb of RAM,
Nvidea 9800 gt 512Mb, And Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2009 14:03
I don't think he is still on the forums, this should probably go to rest, even if it is the best fpsc game ever.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2009 02:34 Edited at: 20th Jan 2009 02:48
Quote: "I don't think he is still on the forums"

Erm......still here, in fact I posted in you 'Eight day's' thread less than a month ago.
I do keep the link for the demo active and s4real has also continued to release updates for the game.
I have been having some serious thoughts and ideas for continuing this game. Looking at some of the new updates and mods available right now has been inspirational and just waiting for it all to settle down before deciding what route to take, but believe me this is far from over.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2009 02:47
Quote: "Erm......still here.
I do keep the link for the demo active and s4real has also continued to release updates for the game.
I have been having some serious thoughts and ideas for continuing this game. Looking at some of the new updates and mods available right now has been inspirational and just waiting for it all to settle down before deciding what route to take, but believe me this is far from over. "
Sorry, just haven't seen you post here in a long time.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2009 02:50 Edited at: 20th Jan 2009 02:51
LOL.no worries, at present I am on vacation....I just dont post as often as I should these day's but I do visit the forum's every day......keeping an eye on you lot
Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 00:41 Edited at: 30th Jan 2009 00:55
WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This literally redefines what FPSC is capable of. Top notch Rolfy! Have one on me

"When i first beheld this apparation--for i could scarcely regard it as less--my wonder and my terror were extreme." Edgar Allan Poe- 1841
Jesper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 15:10
Is this really made with X9?? How you made those shadows and lights? I know some ways, like putting massive static light to top of level, but it lowers framerate. How you can have so good framerate with those extra large outside areas? If i create areas like that in FPSC, my fps is 17 - 25, your is 30.
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 17:40
problably has a very good computer or the models are low poly... one of those

gamer for life
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 23:42 Edited at: 9th Feb 2009 23:47
The whole terrain and scenery are created in Max as are the skyboxes so the whole scene is well integrated. The detailed shadows are baked into the textures before export.
There are also lights placed in scene which add extra shadows.

Quote: "problably has a very good computer or the models are low poly... one of those"

Its one of the advantages of creating high poly versions of your models and baking the textures, I actually use a very low end comp for game dev.
I will not tell you that no
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 22:15
Quote: "Do not post the password on here."

Why would I?

Proud author of LeonGames. (www.leongames.weebly.com)
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2009 10:54 Edited at: 4th May 2009 12:35
*sigh* as if this thread wasn't hijacked and bloated enough. f you dont have something constructive to say about this particular game then please dont post in this thread.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2009 11:17 Edited at: 6th May 2009 01:22
Its been a while since I did anything new for Eldora, I have been busy with real life things a lot recently.
I have been hanging around however and have seen a lot of amazing things being done by some of the talented folks around on the forums. The most exciting of which has to be Project Blue UM.
This particular mod has really caught my eye, I think this is definitely one worth going with.
The first demo release of Eldora did have some things which were a first in FPSC such as the animated menu (thanks to s4real) and the use of baked textures which allowed for more elaborate shadows helping to create a more realistic environment. However it was mostly experimental and was not what I would consider a viably commercial game, there were still too many problems and glitches for my liking. But I feel I did learn a lot from the whole experience and it was certainly worthwhile.
I am rebuilding the entire game from scratch, I may keep some of the first demo (such as the maze level, which worked well enough) and re-use some models and such, there will also be some new features which I am currently working on.
Below is a screenshot of the first new level being created for Eldora, I dont know exactly how many levels the new demo will have at this point, but I hope to produce a far better game this time round.

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2009 12:39
@rolfy: Christ on a pushbike! that is mindblowing

Could you contact me via email, I would like to discuss something with you (or add me on MSN if its easier)

CoZ

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Jezus, when I saw that on my iphone, i let my iphone fall.

Amazing. Very cool.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2009 19:06
Wow; really looking forward to this one!

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Jesus, that looks amazing I can't wait to play this.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2009 02:40 Edited at: 5th May 2009 02:41
Thanks for comments.
I have posted a thread for this in The WIP forum which I will keep updated with any progress made, rather than bloat this thread any further.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=150134&b=25&p=0
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 19:49
Would you like this locked Rolfy?

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Although I have started this game from scratch I think its still has some relevance in the way its been designed, I dont mind if someone still has comments or questions. But if you want to lock it Nickydude then thats fine by me
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 23:29
I see you've still got it Rolfy, one of the few things that hasn't changed around here since I came last

I am a manifestation of your subconscious.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2009 18:28
I need to start checking that other thread then! Looks the most beutiful game ever created with FPSC!

Metaldevil123
Snidog
Years of Service
User Offline
Holy christ, i thought some games looked bad graphics this is going other way

Grats on such nice graphics in FPSC

We now have a site just for FPS creator so you can talk about your games visit us and talk at www.fpstalk.co.uk.tc
NickUK
Years of Service
User Offline
mhmm, agree with you there the graphics are just unreal!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 07:12:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 07:12:46