Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / BlueIDE 2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
wow , that was fast ! already a new release.
Great job man.
djchaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 23:24
runtime error overflow 6, you need to fix the bug for it to be of any use
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 23:41
Quote: "wow , that was fast ! already a new release."

I worked on it last night and this morning.

Quote: "runtime error overflow 6, you need to fix the bug for it to be of any use "

how about some information as to what you where doing (or try to do) when you the error?

djchaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 23:43
its when i try to compile anything, it doesn't make a difference what
it stops on the compile source code bit
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 00:57
djchaos, found it. It only happens if there's only the 'Main' and no includes. I've fixed the error and have uploaded the patched version.

Thank you for your quick response.

Mika
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 01:34 Edited at: 8th Jul 2007 01:36
Hi,

I have just completed a test with the lastest version od BlueIDE and I encounter a 'runtime error 9: subscrit out of range', when I try to compile a very basic and simple application such as a typical "Hello world" (i.e. only one main program without any include file).

Regards

Michel
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 02:29 Edited at: 8th Jul 2007 02:56
Mika, did you try the new patched version that I just uploaded? I've tested it with projects with no includes, a few includes, to over 20 includes. No errors.

Regards,

Mika
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 14:30 Edited at: 8th Jul 2007 14:33
Hello Balid,

Yes I tried you lastest version (i.e. 2.0.9b available on your download site).

I made some test with a very basic application (i.e. "Hello Word").
In this case, the error appear during compilation time then the BlueIDE application crashes

Please see my example below.

I tried this code with CodeSurge editor and it worked, I believe so that is not a compilation matter but more an editor related matter.

Moreover, I found another strange behaviour of the blueIDE editor than come against the example I describer above.
Let me try to explain it:
- I performed the same kind of test with a more complex application (it is the submission I made last year for the aegis Physic contest, projet is attached as a zip file).
I loaded this project, no problem and I launched directly a 'compile and run' without any other operation. The code compile until an error appear: parsing type errors.
This error appear only one time, and if you launch a new 'compile and run' the code compiles and runs in the correct way.
In order to reproduce this error, a log off/log on operation is necessary.
I said that example is a counter example on the matter I described above due to the fact that there is only one main .dba file in this project.

One more defect I found: the blueIDE does not display the correct version of the DBPro installed.
I have got DBPRo 6.6b installed and instead of this version, the BlueIDE displays 5.7. I just want to add that I did not make any change on my system but the installation of the very last version of the blueIDE. I noticed this kind of misfunction with others code editor such as DB Pro native editor and CodeSurge that both display version 6.3.

At the end, I would add also that I am using blueIDE in an user session, not in an administrator session, and before I left you, one suggestion for editor enhancement could be a fold/unfold capability for functions and or types ... And perhaps also for strucured loop/conditions such as for ... next, while, loop and if ... then ... endif ...

Many thanks Balid, for the hard work you are doing on this powerful code editor.

Best regards.

Michel

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 17:17
Mika, you have a very strange error as I was able to compile and run your "Hello World" example with no error. The only difference I could see between what you have and I have is the fact that I am still using DBP v6.3 as my project would not run under v6.4 and v6.5 and I have not yet tried with v6.6.

Quote: "I have got DBPRo 6.6b installed and instead of this version, the BlueIDE displays 5.7."

I believe you are talking about when you click on 'About' the first screen shows your DBPro installation. I believe it is just showing information from the dbp_config.dll that has been copied to the BlueIDE 2 folder. Please try deleting it and see what happens. I think I will change the code to always look at the dbp_config.dll in the 'Editor' folder.

And yes, the function folding option is planned. I will also looking into types as well as 'structured loops'.

Regards,

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 19:02
I have found no compiling problems here. I am running in admin mode though since I don't have a user account on here anymore (alot of my software requires admin account so I removed user accounts).

Quote: "I think I will change the code to always look at the dbp_config.dll in the 'Editor' folder."

That would be awesome. Mine wasn't even showing the DBP's about screen as that file didn't get copied over to my Blue IDE 2 folder. On manually copying the file it says 6.6 correctly though.

Mika
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2007 00:56
Balid, Lost in Tought,

Right, it is a very strange error. I rechecked right now compilation process and I obtain the errors described.
Below you will find the complete error descripiton I obtain, when I try to compile my application 'EquiliTower' without having save it before :

Really it is strange ...

Regards

Michel
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2007 01:25
Mika, could you please make sure that the required dll shows in the "Installed Plugins" list under the Library tab when you start BlueIDE 2. I think the Parsing Error is because the dll is not found.

Thank you,

Mika
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2007 01:34 Edited at: 9th Jul 2007 01:40
Balid,

I believe that your analysis is correct as I do not see the DarkPhysics.dll in the list. However, this plugin is avalaible in my licenced-plugins folder.

And at the end, I do not find, all plugins I have installed for DB Pro such as LUA, and so on ... However I found others plugins I have such as blueGui2, and the various matrix plugins ...

Thanks

Michel
Mika
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2007 02:13
Yes,

At the end I believe I found a solution to avoid my compilation matters. Logged as a Simple User I have to execute the BlueIde application with administrative privileges.

I made some tests, such as the "Hello World" and it worked.

As Droopy said it, "You know what? I am happy".

Regards

Michel
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2007 02:56 Edited at: 9th Jul 2007 02:59
Another happy customer.

I was almost pulling my hair out trying to find why you would be getting the errors.

(off topic but I'm running on dbpro v6.6 now)

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
btw. balid you should really add a function that lists also licensed plugins because as far as I remember it currently does not. And DLL function name and param view would be also wonderful - I really cant understand why Rob pulled it out when it was working okay.

PentiumIV 1.60GHz, 256MB, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128MB, AC'97, WinXP Pro SP2, DirectX 9.0c (Feb2007), DBPro 6.6b
http://www.myspace.com/producerolby
http://www.olby.times.lv
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2007 03:42
Olby, I will add those to the future feature list.

Thank you,

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 07:48
Here is a list of fixes and additions to Beta Release 10 :
* Corrected issue with current dbp_config.dll not being copied
* Corrected issue with code explorer not updating
* Corrected a lot of bugs related to having a CodeSense array
- added licensed plug-ins
- added (back in) plug-in information
- added "working" indicator
* Corrected error when trying to compile after closing tabs
* Corrected issue with disableControls() when a compiling error occured
- BlueIDE 2 now remembers the last state of side panels
- Some speed increases when switching tabs

R10 is currently being tested before being release to the public.

Regards,

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice - Can't wait to try it out. I am a very strange person currently I am working in DefaultIDE, BlueIDE and Synergy Editor and I have tried also CodeSurge, but I am still trying to find my best solution for replacing Default editor. Will see what offers new Blue ide release.

PentiumIV 1.60GHz, 256MB, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128MB, AC'97, WinXP Pro SP2, DirectX 9.0c (Feb2007), DBPro 6.6b
Deagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2007 22:13
Few suggestions:

Make ctrl+a work.
Make the compiler remove everything the exe does not need, for smaller exes. Like the one free program here somewhere, cant remember where to get it. That would be great
QuickCode hightlightning would be cool too

Deagle aka D-Eagle
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 04:47 Edited at: 27th Jul 2007 04:52
Quote: "Make ctrl+a work"

Added to R10.

Quote: "Make the compiler remove everything the exe does not need, for smaller exes."

As in removing unused DLL's? I am looking at adding a more dynamic way to include/exclude DLL.

Quote: "QuickCode hightlightning would be cool too "

That is on my list as well, and since you've asked for it I will look at adding it somehow to R11. Currently with the version of CodeSense that BlueIDE 2 uses there is I believe only one color left unused and I will probably use it for QuickCodes.

Deagle, thank you for your suggestions. R10 I think is looking to be stable soon. (Still trying to fix the last of the most annoying bugs still in R9 .)

Regards,

Silverman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2007 16:12 Edited at: 13th Aug 2007 10:33
hello Balid,

i don't speak english very good because i'm french. I have a problem:
when i press F1 to display window help and ESC to quit this window, BlueIDE 2(V2.0.9b) crash.

Error message :
Run-time error '5'
Invalid procedure call or argument

How do i fix this?
@+
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2007 14:32 Edited at: 27th Aug 2007 14:38
Silverman - Sorry for not responding sooner but your post did not register as being added. I will correct that problem. Thank you for letting me know.

With that said: Beta Release 10 is out. Here is a list of enhancements and bug fixes.

* Corrected issue with current dbp_config.dll not being copied
* Corrected issue with code explorer not updating
* Corrected a lot of bugs related to having a CodeSense array
- added licensed plug-ins
- added (back in) ability to get basic plug-in (DLL) information
- added "working" indicator
* Corrected error when trying to compile after closing tabs
* Corrected issue with disableControls() when a compiling error occured
- BlueIDE 2 now remembers the last state of side panels
- Some speed increases when switching tabs
-* not sure if this is a fix or addition but crlt+a now selects all
-* to correct the issue of the broken RGB Colour Picker
I moved it from a plug-in to being inside BlueIDE 2
- RightPanel now sets to previous set width at start up
- Added option to have code tabs span the width of BlueIDE 2

Regards,

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Sweet, I see you keep coding and coding this baby!

Downloading now...

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 01:11
I've been using RC10 for a week or so and it seems very stable!

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 04:12
Quote: "Sweet, I see you keep coding and coding this baby!"

Yep, I have a list of about 10 other things that I would like to add/change to BlueIDE 2 besides a small list of other requests.

Quote: "I've been using RC10 for a week or so and it seems very stable!"

I figure since no one had any big issues (or at least no one mentioned any) that it was time to release it.

I hope to have an update every month or so.

Thank you for your comments,

FERSIS
Years of Service
User Offline
the plugin information is great.
As i said , watch out .NET , Blueide 2 is coming....
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 06:29 Edited at: 5th Sep 2007 07:16
R11 is almost ready. Mostly minor bug fixes.

Silverman - You won't (or shouldn't) that problem anymore. Thanks again for pointing it out.

R11 changes:
* Corrected error when closing Help window
- Added 'Back Up Now' button to toolbar
* Corrected error with code explorer not updating properly sometimes (seems to be fixed)
* Corrected Navigation drop downs
* Corrected error with 'Search for References' function.
- Added a check when BlueIDE 2 starts to see if the required OCX's have been installed.
If not then it will install them.
- Corrected bugs with sizing compile window

Regards,

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2007 07:38
Release 11 is out! BlueIDE 2 has become very stable and jam packed with options and features, thanks to the pre-release testers (FERSIS, Lost in Thought, and tiresius) and the rest of the DBPro community.

With only a few more additions and adjustments left, the time to call BlueIDE 2 offical is drawing near. Before going live with BlueIDE 2, the documentation will be cleaned up and updated. Then onto 2.1.

Not all of the great suggestions made it into 2.0. But that does not mean that they are abandoned. If your idea was not in 2.0 or you have a request please pass them on so I can get the list ready before 2.1 development begins. (Who knows, it just might 2.0 after all.)

Here is the list of changes for R11:
- Added 'Back Up Now' button to toolbar
- Added a check when BlueIDE 2 starts to see if the required OCX's have been installed.
If not then it will install them.
- Added #CONSTANT highlighting (highlights as a variable)
- Changed splash image
* Corrected error when closing Help window
* Corrected error with code explorer not updating properly sometimes (seems to be fixed)
* Corrected Navigation drop downs
* Corrected error with 'Search for References' function.
* Corrected bugs with sizing compile window
* Corrected bug with intellisence selecting

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=90345

Thanks again to FERSIS, Lost in Thought, and tiresius for your time and effort behind the scenes checking my work before its released.

Regards,

FERSIS
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeaaaah! , release 11 .
Hey , i think that blueide2 has surpased CodeSurge..
Codesurge is nice and all, but it has a lot of annoying bugs and it lacks features , Blueide2 is rocking.
Great work craig
Deagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2007 21:42
Awesome Will ya add the "dll removing from the exe" thing someday? That would be great.
The color picker isn't quite working :x

Deagle aka D-Eagle
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 02:26 Edited at: 6th Sep 2007 02:34
Quote: "Will ya add the "dll removing from the exe" thing someday?"

Yeap, that will have to be part of 2.1 though.

I had to restart R10 and appearently forgot to add the menu option back into the popup menu.

I've attached a patched R11 for you. [edit]I also updated SF.[/edit]

Regards,

Attachments

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 08:30
I think the latest version of BlueIDE is great. I always liked BlueIDE over the original IDE (no duh), but also didn't think CodeSurge was far enough along to replace it just yet. But with this new version BlueIDE is off the charts!

Why I like BlueIDE... a screenshot.

Look at all that perty code! BlueIDE highlights my own functions, variables, and #constants which I find just dandy!

When I get a compile error in BlueIDE, it gives me extra compiler information that lets me find the REAL spot, regardless of any line number issues. Unless it is highlighting an "endif" or something, then I'm still screwed.

CodeSurge just displays the message "Irregular number of brackets at line 3058" which it then highlights the wrong line (I have DBPro 6.1 so maybe this was fixed in later update).

Granted, BlueIDE just displays the "ErrorReport.txt" that is generated in the compiler TEMP directory, but still it is nice to see without hunting for it.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 16:43
Thank you everyone for the kind words of encouragement. I've updated some of the documention, but the 'User Manuall' basicly needs to done from scratch. (any body good at that sort of thing?)

I am wondering...Would anyone else like to see this thread as a "Sticky"? (Or should that come from other forum members?)

Regards.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes can anyone from the mod squad make this sticky! The new version is just SUPER!

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 20:12 Edited at: 6th Sep 2007 20:20
I've done that for you.

I've also spotted my first bug. I opened the dialog, then closed it so I could make a copy of an existing project in another place, so that I could play without any chance of losing something:

File->Open, click on Cancel. File menu option is then permanently disabled, until you open a file using the toolbar.

[EDIT]
Another one.
I have POKE WORD as a plug-in command. If I type in POKE WORD and hit F1, it brings up the help for 'Datatypes, variables and arrays'. If I move the cursor to the start of the command, it brings up the correct help.

The automatic help refresh also exhibits this problem.

Utility plugins collection and
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk for older plug-ins and example code
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 03:34 Edited at: 7th Sep 2007 05:00
Olby, thank you for your support.

Thank you IanM. The first one is now corrected. In fact quite a few controls where still disabled when that happened. I will definitely look into correcting the second before BlueIDE 2.0 is live. [edit2]This will have to be something addressed in 2.1. Appearantly the search for the word/function closest to the caret basically starts at the caret and moves forward. I will look into adding this as an enhancement for BlueIDE 2.1.[/edit2]

[edit]added patched version[/edit]

Regards,

Attachments

Deagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 07:16
One thing that would be cool, is that you could select an area and make it 'area remmed' ( remstart, remend ).

Deagle aka D-Eagle
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 14:25 Edited at: 7th Sep 2007 14:25
Deagle, Good idea. If I am unable to get that into BlueIDE 2.0 it will be in 2.1.

Regards,

Deagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 16:21
Cool :=)

Deagle aka D-Eagle
Silverman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 22:28
Hello Balid

I use a francais / English program of translation, I espere that the translation will be correct.

I have find some bugs:

-In tools > Colors / Styles; modification in tabs ' keyboard ' and ' misc ' works but are put back(handed) by default to every launch of BI2.

-The organizer of project do not remember entrees

-To click 'cancel' during the recording of a forbidden file / project the access to (tinted) 'File', to remedy it it is necessary to click ' Open all includes ' below to the left of the project manager. ----->I see that it is deja indicated by IanM.

-In the opening of one source containing inclusive files, the list of ' functions, labels, ... ' is not refreshes, to remedy it it is necessary to click ' Open all includes '.

-If you try to launch several times the BI2 application, a message ' refused permission ' will appear and the launch window remains inlaid in the desk up to the starting up of your PC.

@+
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2007 04:59 Edited at: 8th Sep 2007 05:03
Silverman, Thank you very much for trying BlueIDE 2 and for your comments. I will try to address all of them, one way or another.

Quote: "I use a francais / English program of translation, I espere that the translation will be correct."

I admit that multi-lingual controls are currently lacking. I will make sure that v2.1 is better about this. Would be willing to help me with the translation to French?

Quote: "-In tools > Colors / Styles; modification in tabs ' keyboard ' and ' misc ' works but are put back(handed) by default to every launch of BI2."

Quote: "-If you try to launch several times the BI2 application, a message ' refused permission ' will appear and the launch window remains inlaid in the desk up to the starting up of your PC."

I will look into having these fixed for beta Release 12.

Quote: "-The organizer of project do not remember entrees"

good point. I never used it (and I guess neither did my testers) If it is very important to you I will make sure that it is working before BlueIDE 2.0 is live. (if it's not important to anyone, I may remove it until v2.1)

Quote: "-To click 'cancel' during the recording of a forbidden file / project the access to (tinted) 'File', to remedy it it is necessary to click ' Open all includes ' below to the left of the project manager. ----->I see that it is deja indicated by IanM.
"

This should now be fixed. Please check out the download a few posts up or http://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/?i=1289520.

Quote: "-In the opening of one source containing inclusive files, the list of ' functions, labels, ... ' is not refreshes, to remedy it it is necessary to click ' Open all includes '."

I am not considering this to be a bug. In order for any IDE to know all detailed information (function / variable names) about a project (multi-file source) the IDE must either open all of the files or create a file containing this information. An option to have BlueIDE 2 browse all include files (open, read, close) in order to get the needed detail information. This option will be part of v2.1.

Regards,

Deagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2007 09:06
The user functions or user variables highlights only after restarting the program. If i remember right, it highlighted them automatically in some older version?

Deagle aka D-Eagle
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2007 17:00
Deagle, In attempting to increase speed, I appearently break the 'automatic' part of highlighting. It seems to be corrected now in R12.

Regards,

Silverman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 13:00
hello Balid,
thanks for your interet for my comments.

Quote: "-The organizer of project do not remember entrees"

Not important, I rarely use it

Quote: "Would be willing to help me with the translation to French?"

Yes, no probleme.

I use this translation, but it is still incomplete.(For example, there is no 'bookmark' word so that I can translate it there french) :

@+
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 19:21
Beta Release 12 is uploaded! Has able to correct most issues Silverman mentioned.

Change log:
- Added features to comment/uncomment selected lines (ctrl+` = comment, crtl+shft+` = uncomment)
- Added buttons to toolbar to comment/uncomment selected lines
-* Added/Corrected CodeSense Keyboard & Misc tab options not saving
* Corrected issue with highlighting not automaticly picking up changes
* Corrected Project Origanization not saving

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=90345

Silverman, thank you very much for the translations. I will add them for version 2.1.

Regards,

Silverman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 18:43
Hello,

Quote: "- Added features to comment/uncomment selected lines (ctrl+` = comment, crtl+shft+` = uncomment)
- Added buttons to toolbar to comment/uncomment selected lines"

I find it very useful

I found some other bugs in v2.0.12b :

- the list of bookmarks does not work
- FindNext(F3) does not search the following, but always ask
- BI2 crash when 'organizer of project' is closed(but work correctly having pressed f5 a first time)
- in debug mode, the window 'Compiling executable' does not close after that the executable is created

BI2 is almost completed, it is really of the good work which you make!

@+
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 03:55
Silverman, I've attached a patched version that should correct the organizer closing error. I could only make it happen if I didn't open a project before opening the project organizer.

I will look into the other issues as well. I know the bookmarks did work but no one else mentioned them so I didn't fix it. I will now though.

Would you mind testing other releases before I post them? If so you can send a reply to my yahoo account.

Regards,

Attachments

wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2007 02:40 Edited at: 13th Sep 2007 02:41
hmm, strange bug ... I compile my project with your IDE .. and it always show me ERROR (DBPRO) that object number illegal at line ... ... Its show line, which dont exist, because, Iam using include function, so I dont know, where is it. Of course, I have sorted sources.

If i compile it in CodeSurge, Its ok

PS: Real programmers aren't afraid of math!.
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2007 05:21
wh1sp3r, very strange in deed. Do you have any includes besides those that you are using #include for? Can you tell me a little more about how your files are set up?

Regards,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:35:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:35:34