Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / BlueIDE 2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2008 21:36 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2008 21:37
Quote: "When I click on BlueIDE.exe it flashes the splash screen then beeps and goes away quickly..."

Fixed.

Quote: "Deleted the manifest file that came with it and it works fine. What is the manifest? Fancy XP window style or something?"

Exactly. I use WindowBlinds and didn't receive that error until I turned it off. The forms need at least one control from a later service pack to use the manifest file propery. Appearently removing the FramePlus control affected the splash screen as well. Though I don't believe that form used the FramePlus control. Anyway I added a dummy control and the splash screen seems to work again.

I've attached a patched version of R16.

Regards,

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2008 22:11 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2008 22:13
Well, I wanted to test this out and all I got was this error message. Note I use WinVISTA and I tried to set compatibility mode to WinXP and also deleted manifest file - none of this helped. Previous versions worked although with some minor problems complaining about OCX files missing, but that was because of the Windows UAC (User Account Control) system.

ACER Aspire 5920G: Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, DirectX10, DBPro 6.7

Attachments

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2008 23:23
Olby,

Is that from the patched version?

Regards,

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, from both latest versions.

ACER Aspire 5920G: Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, DirectX10, DBPro 6.7
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2008 22:41
Olby,

I don't know what could be causing that error. I'll add more logging to try to debug the problem.

Is any one else having this problem?

Regards,

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 07:21
I don't get any errors from original 16 and patched version, but I'm using XP.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 06:44 Edited at: 11th Apr 2008 06:49
Release 17 has been posted

Change log:
* reAdded user functions to status bar information
- Added start up logging to help with debuging start up errors
- Some code clean up
* Hopefully fixed the clearing of the clipboard when compiling
* Some bug fixes with highlighting and "Indexing"

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=90345

Thank you to Scraggle and tiresius for beta testing.

Olby,
If you still have the problem of BlueIDE 2 erroring, please look to see if there is a "log.txt" file in the same folder as the EXE and send that to me.

Regards,

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
It crashed once but then when I relaunched it worked okay. Now testing... looking good so far.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Well in the current situation when Synergy Editor got expired because John just disappeared and had not updated it since March I had to return back to BlueIDE.

* Could you please look into implementing command line parameter function. Just like Synergy's it is very useful. When you are making a game that requires you to enter cmd params each run is difficult but with this option BlueIDE automatically will call the exe with specified command line parameters. You should also think about saving them along with the project in the DBPro file.

* Associate with dba and dbpro files does not work here on Vista. It says that it cannot write the key.

As you can see I got BlueIDE running on Vista currently without any problems.

Regards,
Olby

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 06:02 Edited at: 11th May 2008 06:04
Release 18 is out

Change log:
- Added indexing for all files (opened or not)
- Added "Goto Line" to code tab under the index window
Works with opened or closed includes and not dependent
on a previous compile
- Added optional logging
* Several minor (and not so minor) bug fixes

Regards,

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 06:29
Works like a champ. Thanks for all your work in this!!

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 06:35
tiresius,

Thank you for testing it. If it wasn't for you and Scraggle this release would not have been as clean as it is.

Regards,

Overlord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2008 15:38
BlueIDE V2.0.18

I can't see autocomplete for parentheses or quotes working, i have turned them on in options.

do they work?
Final Epsilon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 00:56
they work fine for me. =)

It'd be nice though if after autocompletion, hitting tab would escape outside the closing paren or quotation like in eclipse.

BlueIDE 2 has been working really great -- there's just a few bugs i have -- in particular, the highlighting of syntax errors always seems to highlight the wrong lines with multiple source files.
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 02:47 Edited at: 21st May 2008 03:39
Quote: "It'd be nice though if after autocompletion, hitting tab would escape outside the closing paren or quotation like in eclipse.
"

Final Epsilon, good idea. Also, I'm looking into why error highlighting is off with multiple source files.

Regards,

Final Epsilon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 18:40
Thanks for all your work into this IDE. =)

One comment though -- I've always felt that the project organization window is really useful, but it's always been kinda a burden to use because of how it's seperated from the rest of the interface. It would be really nice if you could perhaps take it and integrate it into one of the sidebars.

Cheers
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 03:39
Quote: "Thanks for all your work into this IDE. =)"

Your welcome. Thank you for using it and making suggestions.

Quote: "It would be really nice if you could perhaps take it and integrate it into one of the sidebars."

I will add it to the list.

Regards,

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2008 05:56 Edited at: 10th Jun 2008 05:57
Release 19 has been posted!
Change log:
- Moved the location of the "Goto Line" section
- Added a "keystate section" to make adding keystate() easy.
Select the key from the list and click insert, the correct
keystate() is added to your code.
* Fixed how BlueIDE indicates/highlights the error line

Enjoy and regards,

Silverman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 14:13
hello balid,
i've error message with release 19:

error 339
msflxgrd.ocx missing

and BI2 do not run.

@+

AMD Athlon(tm)XP 3200+ (2.2GHz)/DDR pc3200 (1024Mo)/Nvidia 6800GT / XP Pro SP2
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 22:36
Silverman,

Thank you for the error report. I should have that fixed tonight.

Regards,

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 03:46
Quote: "error 339
msflxgrd.ocx missing"

Quote: "the highlighting of syntax errors always seems to highlight the wrong lines with multiple source files."

Both have been corrected.

Regards,

Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2008 18:58 Edited at: 27th Jun 2008 18:59
Any idea what keeps causing the annoying selection bug. I click a place on a line to move the cursor to, then i move the mouse elsewhere and it seems to think I still have the mouse button held down. It then selects from where I first clicked to where the mouse is.

It's really annoying because I start typing sometimes and it'll overwrite all of what just got selected. If it doesnt get fixed soon im going to have to ditch BlueIDE because i've just started working on my entry for that PhysX competition.

EDIT:
Unless theres an option/setting i've missed that can be turned off. I've already checked, but please tell me if there is.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 07:23 Edited at: 29th Jun 2008 07:26
BlueIDE 2.0.20 is has been posted.
Change log:
* fixed Shift-F2 jump to function/gosub so it will open files as needed
* fixed some caption spacing for controls. Problem with overlap when
captions are in French
- added a timer event to delay the opening of the left and right frames
* hopefully fixed "line selection" bug
* corrected the left over code when creating a new project
* corrected issue with highlighting not working with just a main file
with no includes.

Quote: "Unless theres an option/setting i've missed that can be turned off. I've already checked, but please tell me if there is.
"

Nope, no option to turn off, just a bug.

Regards,

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 06:38
Looks good to me. Nice job!

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 09:52 Edited at: 7th Jul 2008 09:49
Feature Request 1

Hi Balid,
Would it be possible to add markers to the left margin that would allow the user to jump instantly to that line?

For Example: User right clicks on any line and in the pop up menu is the option to add marker (1-10 perhaps). That marker then appears in the left margin and moves down a line if any new lines are inserted above it (an advantage over goto line number).

At the moment if you want to jump to part of your code, you can only jump to a function name, label or line number. Adding a temporary marker would certainly be a quicker way (ctrl+marker number) to jump to a line of code. Then, when that part of your code is complete, the marker can quickly be deleted.

Feature Request 2

I love the new keystate function but could I make a suggestion for improving it further?
Firstly, Left shift, Left Alt and Left Ctrl are missing but if you accept my next suggestion it won't matter:
The way it works at the moment is great for English users with English keyboards but for everyone else it is only of partial use. So perhaps instead of having a drop down with the key names in it, just have an edit box. When the user clicks in the edit box, the next key he presses has the scancode checked against it. That way would work for any keyboard in any country.

[Edit] It would also be cool if it worked with a keyboard shortcut. For example: User presses Ctrl+k then the next key pressed has its scancode checked and the relevent code is inserted.

Thanks

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2008 16:02
great ide i must have bin in an really dark forest to have missed this
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2008 01:17
You need to make the things fade in when you get near to them. The 'appearing' trees in that video are not good

[b]Yuor signutare was aresed by a deslyxic mud...
BOX2D V2 HAS HELP FILES! AND A WIKI!
3DSchumi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 15:22
Quote: "You need to make the things fade in when you get near to them. The 'appearing' trees in that video are not good"

?
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 19:57
What the ****?
Forum bug I think
I posted that in a different thread!

[b]Yuor signutare was aresed by a deslyxic mud...
BOX2D V2 HAS HELP FILES! AND A WIKI!
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 17:34
This is a good editor. Sadly CodeSurge doesn't work on my Vista machine and I thought all hope was lost. I won't use the default editor or Blue v1 because I've lost code in both. I tried Synergy again but it wasn't any good.

One bug I've noticed is that in the function list it will include any command that contains the word 'function'. I've got about 300 'get ptr to function' commands and every one is listed as a function. As a result the function list is a nightmare.

Could you include a code browsing option to limit the list of functions/labels/etc to only the currently open include file? I like having the list of all of them, it makes finding a specific function very easy. But after it teleports me to the right include file I'd like to only show functions in the file. I suspect a checkbox at the bottom would be effective.

Do you plan to include function folding? Synergy, for example, has it but when you fold a function you can't tell what it is. It hides the name as well as the code. I hopefully request that the function name remain visible.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Come see the WIP!
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 07:42
Quote: "Would it be possible to add markers to the left margin that would allow the user to jump instantly to that line?
"

Scraggle - Good idea but I think that "bookmarks" would do pretty much the same thing. Place `-- at the beginning of the line and than the bookmark name. (basically a comment line with -- added)

IE
`-- HELLO

And HELLO will show in the code indexing window under "Bookmarks". You can double click on the name and go straight to that place in your code. Though I think I could add some functionality to allow you to use hot keys to jump to a particular bookmark.

Quote: "... Left shift, Left Alt and Left Ctrl are missing "

Well, not actually. I pretty much used what DBPro gave me for names. But, I have added 'Left' to help clarify which button the scancode refers to.

Quote: "When the user clicks in the edit box, the next key he presses has the scancode checked against it. That way would work for any keyboard in any country."

Will look into it. I'm using what DBPro tells me that it knows a scancode to be. Do different language versions of DBPro use different scancode layouts?

Quote: "One bug I've noticed is that in the function list it will include any command that contains the word 'function'. I've got about 300 'get ptr to function' commands and every one is listed as a function. As a result the function list is a nightmare."

Cash Curtis II - I will look into correctly that.

Quote: "Could you include a code browsing option to limit the list of functions/labels/etc to only the currently open include file?"

Right click on the Code Indexing window and select which attributes you want to show for all files (or deselect to only show for the active tab).

Quote: "I suspect a checkbox at the bottom would be effective."

I might be able to put together a mini version of the current option window.

Quote: "Do you plan to include function folding?"

Yes I have. But, I don't know how feasible it is to do that with the control that I am using for BlueIDE 2. Not to let the cat out of the bag but, I've been working on a new IDE using .Net. So I will be stopping development of BlueIDE 2 fairly soon to allow more time to work on Indigo.

Release 21 will be out soon. Many bug fixes. Thank you Scraggle for your emails. I've fixed a few of the bugs that you mentioned.

I believe that R22 will most likely be the last update from me for BlueIDE 2. It appears to be very actively used by the DBPro community and I thank everyone for your support. I hope to have a demo of the replacement to BlueIDE 2 out soon.

Regards,

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2008 14:55
Quote: "Right click on the Code Indexing window"

Perfect! Thanks

The 'Search Project' command is very effective. I love how it marks every instance with summaries and allows you to edit while it's still open.

Come see the WIP!
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2008 05:01
Release 21 has been posted.

Change log:
- moved bideKeywords ini file
- search now works with un-opened include files
* fixed bookmarks
* fixed color picker error
* fixed intellisence for user defined functions

Regards,

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2008 07:58
How does intellisense work exactly? (never really used it)

I hit <ctrl><space> and start typing and the list doesn't move it stays at the top with #constant entry. I do it in the middle of typing a function and it does the same thing (highlights #constant). Am I doing it wrong?

wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2008 20:24
Hi balid, I have problem with fonts. In Czech language, we have special charaters like ěščřžýáí, and I cant find fonts like Arial, Arial CE, New times roman etc. Could you change font window to read windows fonts ? thank you

PS: Real programmers aren't afraid of math!.
wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 15:02
ah, error. I cant run BlueIDE release 21. It says: Run-time error 9, subscript out of range.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 17:04
Quote: "Run-time error 9, subscript out of range."

Are you sure you're not confusing a DBPro error with an IDE error? That sounds like DBPro...

wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 18:56
tiresius : yes, I am sure. Other IDE's works fine

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 00:55
Quote: "How does intellisense work exactly? (never really used it)"

tiresius, you're on the right track with <ctrl><space> but the list should start with the first match. The list will not update as you type though, you have to scroll through the list with the arrow keys. (are you on XP or Vista?)

Quote: "Could you change font window to read windows fonts?"

wh1sp3r, I will look into it. I'm looking at making changes to the Code Max control any way.

Quote: "I cant run BlueIDE release 21. It says: Run-time error 9, subscript out of range."

What are you doing to get that error? (So I can try to degug). Also, are you on XP or Vista?

Regards,

wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 11:55
Balid: I was on WínXP. I dont know, what I did. so, I'll try to install it again, and find, what happend. This error occur everytime, when I run program. If I remember, last think, what I did was "save" and "close button" in top right corner of window

wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2008 13:36
Balid: ok, I found it. When I delete BIDEkeywords.ini, Your editor reads keywords and runs fine, but when I close IDE and run it again, error appears.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 21:32 Edited at: 7th Sep 2008 21:33
wh1sp3r, Thank you. It took me trying on two different computers to get the results you were describing. But I found the problem and have corrected it. At least on the computer that would produce the error. It will be at least two weeks before I can test it my main computer.

Regards,

wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 21:50
Balid : Could you send me that program, which you correct it ? I'll try

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 05:41 Edited at: 8th Sep 2008 06:31
wh1sp3r,

On it's way. [edit]Appearently gmail will not accept the zip file. So here it is.[/edit]

Regards,

Attachments

wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 13:07
Balid : yes, It works ! thanks !

DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2008 11:45 Edited at: 11th Sep 2008 11:55
DarkBasic Pro Guy: Your language file is missing really... where are IDE forlders ?

look at my image, i think, you have to download BlueIDE from Sourceforge. After that, you can download BlueIDE v .22 directed to me, cause I found a bug

Balid: I think, that you should EDIT your first post with lastest version of blueIDE.

Attachments

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2008 02:54
DarkBasic Pro Guy, wh1sp3r is right. I just posted the patched IDE as I was not able to send it to him through email. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote: "Balid: I think, that you should EDIT your first post with lastest version of blueIDE."

wh1sp3r, thanks for reminding me.

Regards,

DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2008 06:27
Ohh I get it.. I saw he got the same error I did so I thought that would help, I didn't know it was a patch, not a separate release. Anyways lemme check it out then!

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2008 22:58
Quote: "Ohh I get it.. I saw he got the same error I did so I thought that would help"

DarkBasic Pro Guy, you need to replace the BlueIDE.exe in the BlueIDE folder with the one above.

Regards,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:13:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:13:42