Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / BlueIDE 2

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
If you do your resizing in the WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING message you can specify a minimum for the dimensions if they go below your required value.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2008 14:35 Edited at: 18th Dec 2008 14:36
There's a little problem with saving in the IDE.

The first is that new files added to a project don't get added permanently - the project file isn't updated.

The second is that source files don't always get saved. This one I can't always reproduce, but I know for certain that I lost a few source edits last night.

[EDIT]I just lost a source file - the one I added manually just got overwritten by my main source file.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2008 04:27
IanM,

I've reverted the project saving back to the way it was (attached). The last thing that I want is for BlueIDE to be the cause of people losing code. I use BlueIDE myself but admittedly I have not added a new source file to any of my projects in awhile. Which is one reason why I failed to detect the overwriting bug. Thank you for bringing to my attention.

I pray that the lost source is something easily replaced.

Regards,

Attachments

Login to view attachments
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2008 15:51
Nah, I retrieved the lost one from backup and changes I'd made elsewhere were small enough to redo.

I've reverted back to the previous version for now.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 05:57
Bug report:

When I select several lines of text with the mouse leftbutton pressed and right click at the same time (to get the popup options), if I then let go of the mouse buttons, move over to the line number margin and left click it crashes.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 07:53 Edited at: 6th Feb 2009 07:59
Bug? Sometimes while editing my project I get an "Out of string space" error and then an immediate crash. I've been losing source code. I'm running Vista on a Core2 Duo with 4 gb of ram.

Also, performance is suffering lately. I've got 18 include files open at once (I have to!). While I'm typing in a file it does okay, as soon as I click another include file it hangs for about 15 seconds. It does the same thing when I search the file.

I just found that if I unstick the right panel with the function list the hanging stops. I do not have automatically refresh clicked. I've got 306 functions but it's still reporting 612 because any command that has the word 'function' in it gets included and I've set up the project so that every single function gets registered with Lua via IanM's function pointer commands.

Come see the WIP!
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 19:04
Cash how many lines do you have so far? 10k+? I'm only at 5k and sometimes get an occasional random crash but if you compile more frequently than you save your project, you can retrieve the lost code by replacing what you have with the _backup copies in the backup folder.

I've found I have to unstick the code panel for performance reasons myself but I like seeing more code so I have both panels hidden anyway.

I wonder if testing of large projects is needed. If you find the specific steps to cause the error it will be easier for Balid to fix.

John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 22:03 Edited at: 17th Jul 2009 22:03
Attempting to reactivate posting on thread

Synergy Editor - Available for free HERE!
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 04:28 Edited at: 28th Aug 2009 05:07
I use Blue 2 exclusively now. Codesurge, as great as it is won't work on my Vista machine. Blue filled the void nicely. Since I unstuck the code panel I haven't lost any code in ages.

When you so a "Search Project" search it searches all of the project text as it was when you loaded the project initially. In order to conduct the search properly you have to save, exit, and then search. Not a big deal but certainly can be annoying. I guess that's my biggest gripe.

Again, still having the occasional problem as stated in my earlier post.

I really appreciate that you can still edit code while compiling and also while on search dialogs. That's a BIG help.

A great addition would be a high contrast theme. I got used to it when I scratched my cornea, but I have to set windows to high contrast then manually change the IDE colors. It's a much more relaxing way to code.

Great editor, I love it.

Come see the WIP!
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 05:19
Not to hijack this thread, but Cash, did you ever try the newest version of CodeSurge? I made some changes specifically for Vista users and people with very large projects. I was hoping you'd give it a try and see if it actually works for you now.

CodeSurge
Version 1.0 finally released! Code your DBP projects in style. (And save the kittens!)
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 07:31
Just as a warning to BlueIDE2 users I can get it to crash everytime. If I select a block of text and while doing it I right click, if I click somewhere outside the popup menu it crashes BlueIDE and I lose my changes (that were not autosaved). Since I select/deselect lines of code as a nervous habit (when I'm thinking about something, for instance) it was happening to me a lot. A workaround is to stop and make sure I select an option (usually Select All is the least intrusive), click somewhere to remove selection, and then get back to coding.

Anyway, Balid is not updating/fixing BlueIDE2 anymore, but I still think it's a great editor. I like all the code highlighting options and the way it handles language keywords like if/then, while/endwhile, etc. It's nice and perty and I haven't seen other IDEs give as many options/categories for highlighting syntax.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2009 19:34
Cash,

Congrats on getting BlueIDE 2 to work on Vista. I personally have not been able to keep it running on Vista for more than a day. I'm glad that you've been able to work around the crashing issue as well.

For those who haven't guessed by my almost 9 month absence, the cats out of the bag (well half of it).
Quote: "Balid is not updating/fixing BlueIDE2 anymore"

For my part, the development of BlueIDE 2 is done. I've tried to port BlueIDE 2 to .Net but the CodeSense control used doesn't work well in .Net and not at all with .Net on Vista. There are many features that I wish BlueIDE 2 had like, work consistantly on Vista (and 7), Function/Lable/Comment folding (that allows you to read the Function/Lable name), more highlighting options (yes more), and moveable windows (like CodeSurge and Synergy). With that the birth of Indigo came to light. It is a cross of VB.Net, C#, and C++. Using the Scintilla control for syntax highlighting. This is meant as my personal editor but I would be open to sharing it. (In about another month).

Regards,
Balid

Colonel_Klink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2009 01:22
This is a new one for me
Recently BlueIDE is giving me error messages when I open existing projects. The message is Control Array "Number"# doesnt exist. When I click ok, the project doesn't load and BlueIDE crashes to desktop.

Also sometimes when loading a project after having a project already in the id, all I get is a new blank page. I have to load the project a second time to get it to load properly.

Oh my gosh! He's wearing Full Metal Pyjamas!
--------------------------------------------
tayete2
Years of Service
User Offline
Recently BlueIDE is giving me error messages when I open existing projects. The message is Control Array "Number"# doesnt exist. When I click ok, the project doesn't load and BlueIDE crashes to desktop.

Same here. I am using Win XP and the last version of Blue Ide, and the last DBPro update (74). It is a pity, as I really love Blue Ide over all the rest

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2009 23:46 Edited at: 16th Nov 2009 18:05
[This might be considered a high jacking of my own thread but.]

As I mentioned earlier I am not developing BlueIDE 2 anymore and have been working on a new IDE ('Indigo'). I am looking for some beta testers. Another forum member (and a previous tester of BlueIDE 2) has been kind enough to do some testing of Indigo for me over the last three months and I would like to offer a glimps of Indigo to two or three others. It has been tested on XP and Vista and I would love it if someone would be able to do some testing on 7 (not that more testing on XP or Vista isn't needed).

I placed this request here as I'm looking for those who have enjoyed BlueIDE 2 and would be interested in an IDE that has a similar look and feel. (Indigo is not a port nor copy of BlueIDE 2. I have had a strong influence on BlueIDE 2 and it has carried over into Indigo.)

Regards,
Balid

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 03:05 Edited at: 14th Nov 2009 03:06
Hey Balid, I can help you out with the testing if you want.

ACER Aspire 5920G: Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP1, DBPro 7.4 + PureGDK
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 18:04
Olby,

Thank you, I will be sure to send you something later this week to try over the weekend.

Regards,

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2009 17:12
I'd be happy to help. I've been using Blue for over 2 years on XP. I've got Vista and 7 and I'm working on a very large project. (Should be > 30,000 lines when it's done.)

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2009 23:06
KISTech,

Thank you, I will be sure to send you something later this week (same as Olby) to try over the weekend (provided that your email is correct).

Please be sure to only use test projects. While I've been using Indigo directly on my projects and haven't lost any code. I would hate for someone to find the right combination causing Indigo to go rouge and eat code.

My largest project is just over 10,000 lines (plus loads of external configuration files). It'll be interesting to see how it handles.

Regards,

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2009 23:40
Olby and KISTech,

I've sent each of you the beta version of Indigo. I am still working on some functionality but here is a list of current features:

> Basic New and Edit functions
> Cut, Copy, Paste (including across tabs)
> Compile & Run
> Concatenation
--- Able to select concatenation symbol(s)
> Able to work with source while compiling
> Reset Dock layout to original layout
> Ctrl + Scroll = Zoom (Resize font size in current source window)
> Syntax highlighting:
--- User defined attributes (functions, labels, variables, constants, and types)
--- For all includes (open or not)
> AutoComplete for Keywords and User Defined Attributes (Functions, Labels, Variables, and Constants)
> Auto Complete Parenthesis
> Auto Complete Quotes
> Auto Complete for Attributes of User Defined Types
> Status bar with:
--- Line #
--- Column #
--- Current Keyword information
> Global Find and Replace (all source files open or not)
> Line folding for functions, labels, types, for / next, remstart / remend
> Multiline Commenting
--- RemStart/RemEnd (option to auto fold if using this option)
--- `
--- //

Regards,
Craig

Coming soon: Indigo a DBPro IDE alternative
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Yup, received it and gave you my first impressions on it. Check your email.

ACER Aspire 5920G: Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP1, DBPro 7.4 + PureGDK
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2009 18:35
Olby,

Thanks.

KISTech,

Could you please provide another email address? The one in your profile doesn't seem to work.

Regards,

Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2009 16:27
Balid,

I would be happy to do some testing on Windows 7 Professional for you.

Will email my email

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2009 17:50
Tone Dialer,

Thank you. FYI, I sent you a test version yesterday.

Regards,

Blue Steel AU
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 17:28
I'll try to help test too on Win 7 ultimate

http://www.codingmonkeys.com
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 19:19 Edited at: 28th Jul 2010 07:13
Blue Steel AU,

Please check out the 'Indigo Christmas Beta Release' thread.

Regards,

Indigo - A DBPro IDE Alternative

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:48:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:48:12